Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Silento posted:

Also, F2P launch has been rescheduled to May 10th.

:aaaaa:

/back to my jrpgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
I am feeling the burn of the melee priest in my early 60's. Oh lord can I not wait until I slip into the cold embrace of death (or get my first circle in Monk).

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

I'm regretting going Summoner. :<
I feel like I can't damage anything.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Lemon King posted:

I'm regretting going Summoner. :<
I feel like I can't damage anything.

get a templeshooter card and suddenly you win the game

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Blazing Zero posted:

get a templeshooter card and suddenly you win the game

I have plenty of talt, shouldn't be too hard.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

So how much longer until I can try this game for free and be disappointed?

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
May 10th is f2p. Expect the servers to implode though. So who knows when you'll really be able to play :shrug:

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

I want nothing to do with imploding servers, ill see you May 12th!

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

red state bait posted:

I want nothing to do with imploding servers, ill see you May 12th!
Your optimism is adorable.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

sometimes you roll the dice and it comes out in your favor

Corby Haas
Jul 29, 2015
After much dithering, I have decided that I *will* play this game. This is a fun game. I like how IMC made moves quickly to address the gold sellers, and it does have a "walk around shooting stuff" mechanic that I enjoy. I haven't clicked around enough or cared enough to know when to use my XP cards, but eventually I hope to reach the "stand in major city jumping on mailbox chatting waiting on PvP queue" end-game.

It does bother me that I get the same FPS on a ThinkPad X240 with Intel HD 4400 graphics as on an ASUS RoG with an i7 and a GTX 860m, but to be honest I'd rather play on the ThinkPad because it's got better arrow keys.

My work machine is an old Latitude e6420 with an i5 and Intel HD 3000 graphics. If that can work -- which I assume it will because this game seems to run at 10-30 FPS regardless of hardware -- then I'm going to use that because it's got beautiful square arrow keys.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Heeeey... Anyone have a Hair Slot 3 with preferably a good line of sp recovery + at least one other good line they'd want to trade for this? Max market price is a gyp so I'd rather trade it with a goon or something.

I might accept a Hat Slot 2 with sp recovery, but my current one isn't terrible.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Corby Haas posted:

After much dithering, I have decided that I *will* play this game. This is a fun game. I like how IMC made moves quickly to address the gold sellers, and it does have a "walk around shooting stuff" mechanic that I enjoy. I haven't clicked around enough or cared enough to know when to use my XP cards, but eventually I hope to reach the "stand in major city jumping on mailbox chatting waiting on PvP queue" end-game.

It does bother me that I get the same FPS on a ThinkPad X240 with Intel HD 4400 graphics as on an ASUS RoG with an i7 and a GTX 860m, but to be honest I'd rather play on the ThinkPad because it's got better arrow keys.

My work machine is an old Latitude e6420 with an i5 and Intel HD 3000 graphics. If that can work -- which I assume it will because this game seems to run at 10-30 FPS regardless of hardware -- then I'm going to use that because it's got beautiful square arrow keys.

Have you considered just buying a loving keyboard to accompany your 2500 laptop?

Corby Haas
Jul 29, 2015

Gibbo posted:

Have you considered just buying a loving keyboard to accompany your 2500 laptop?

I shall not! I have an OCD obsession with the way things are arranged on my desk. Basically I always need access to a legal pad with my right hand, so I refuse to use a mouse, so I must use the laptop keyboard because it keeps the often-necessary trackpad nearby.

Also, I bought the e6420 used off of eBay for $400. I only bought it because I needed Windows for work and the machine they asked me to use was archaic.

----
(Edit: To clarify, I buy... more than I should of used laptops on eBay. None of them cost much -- that Latitude is the most I ever spent -- but I like to f around with old laptops to install various open source operating systems and try to get them to work. FreeBSD especially is tricky with suspend/resume; one day I hope to learn to write device drivers.)

Corby Haas fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 3, 2016

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009
Wrong thread im an idiot

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Corby Haas posted:

I shall not! I have an OCD obsession with the way things are arranged on my desk. Basically I always need access to a legal pad with my right hand, so I refuse to use a mouse, so I must use the laptop keyboard because it keeps the often-necessary trackpad nearby.

Also, I bought the e6420 used off of eBay for $400. I only bought it because I needed Windows for work and the machine they asked me to use was archaic.

----
(Edit: To clarify, I buy... more than I should of used laptops on eBay. None of them cost much -- that Latitude is the most I ever spent -- but I like to f around with old laptops to install various open source operating systems and try to get them to work. FreeBSD especially is tricky with suspend/resume; one day I hope to learn to write device drivers.)

what the gently caress?

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
okay i know poo poo about this game and it seems incredibly overwhelming

can i re-spec if my poo poo sucks?

also, how do i become the best squire ever i just want to make tents and feed bros and i guess kill stuff on the side???

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

guts and bolts posted:

also, how do i become the best squire ever i just want to make tents and feed bros and i guess kill stuff on the side???

you cant re-spec class choices, but you can reset skills with a cash shop item. you can also reset stat points with a different cash shop item.

i dont really play swordsmen so i dont know about good builds for that. i recommend you do a bit of reading around before you end up at lvl 160 with a character that just isnt fun to play. its really easy to make an unfun build

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

guts and bolts posted:

take 1 point into peltasta. press taunt. hold block. repeat for whole instance.

edit: I guess you could go swordsman 1 peltasta 1 hoplite 2(for finestra and spear lunge to buff other people) squire 3. go heavy con so you can tank everything.

I would not recommend squire as your first class because it will probably be terrible and unfun.

Blazing Zero posted:

you cant re-spec class choices, but you can reset skills with a cash shop item. you can also reset stat points with a different cash shop item.

i dont really play swordsmen so i dont know about good builds for that. i recommend you do a bit of reading around before you end up at lvl 160 with a character that just isnt fun to play. its really easy to make an unfun build

the stat potion is only for the 25 dollar founder pack. and will probably be super rare / limited afterwards.

basically dont plan to respec anything besides your skills ever.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 3, 2016

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

the two classes i wanted to make originally were Fencer and Musketeer, but then i saw that Squire just makes base camps and feeds people salad, so that sounds pretty excellent

alternatively i might make an ~elegant fencer man~ and i have no idea how to navigate the skill builder or what skills are even good; i think the one that lets me block with my weapon and buff Piercing attacks should be good for fencing?

goddamn it korea make an RPG i can understand

futile
May 18, 2009

guts and bolts posted:

Where were you when a Templar candidate was needed?

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

futile posted:

Where were you when a Templar candidate was needed?

according to the wiki i'm reading, only templars can make guilds???

what the fuuuuuck

is Fencer good in this game?

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
Everything says it's up and working on the site, but I just get "Can't connect to server" when trying to get on Klaipedia. drat.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Klai and Orsha are down to do server transfers to the south america server, dunno why the site would say they're up

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Red Red Blue posted:

Klai and Orsha are down to do server transfers to the south america server, dunno why the site would say they're up

Bizarrely they do. The support ticket I submitted told me they were down though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ya it's 24 hour maintenance for transfers. Servers should be back up at 1am EST

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only

guts and bolts posted:

according to the wiki i'm reading, only templars can make guilds???

what the fuuuuuck

is Fencer good in this game?

Fencer is a good solo class. As far as min/maxing groups goes it is Not The Best DPS and so many people will consider it worthless. Strongly recommend taking peltasta 1 and either barbarian 3 or barbarian 2 corsair 2.

ghost sex
May 19, 2013

Darius099 posted:

Bizarrely they do. The support ticket I submitted told me they were down though.

the server status pane is hilarious and worthless because it isn't automated, the staff edit it by hand

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Is it just me or has server lag in general and goldseller spam gone waaaaaaayyyyyyy down since the South America server transfer?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I saw a ton of gold spam last night after the maintenance ended and I was rubberbanding like crazy today so maybe it's just you?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Red Red Blue posted:

I saw a ton of gold spam last night after the maintenance ended and I was rubberbanding like crazy today so maybe it's just you?
Some of the lag is not exactly their fault. They host with amazon in virginia and they have been getting ddosd like crazy or there's a routing issue or something, because pinging their servers has resulted in a ping anywhere from 28ms to 2000ms+ for me since saturday or so. Not "their" like ToS explicitly but their like amazon. Prior to maint it would take over 5s to use exp cards and because there is no queuing at all it literally meant I pretty much couldn't use exp cards because I had 500+ to use. After maint it has been much better, and earlier today I had a stable ping to the servers of about 28.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 10:25 on May 5, 2016

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Groggy nard posted:

Is it just me or has server lag in general and goldseller spam gone waaaaaaayyyyyyy down since the South America server transfer?

I imagine the server lag went down due to the huge population loss, yeah. SA server got massively populated as soon as I checked it.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Guild is up!!!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Silento posted:

Guild is up!!!!

Our guild name is fantastic

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Silento posted:

Guild is up!!!!

How much talt is the entrance fee and who do I have to blow to get in?

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
I've got a Talt! let me in!

Also, for the new F2P players about to :goon:

I found some good reference materials

Game Mechanics explained. Its a lengthy read, but everything makes so much more sense to me now about what stats / skills do and why.
https://github.com/vyne1/tos-mechanics

Area level cheat sheet to help you quest up to 220+

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Gegil posted:

I've got a Talt! let me in!

Also, for the new F2P players about to :goon:

I found some good reference materials

Game Mechanics explained. Its a lengthy read, but everything makes so much more sense to me now about what stats / skills do and why.
https://github.com/vyne1/tos-mechanics

Area level cheat sheet to help you quest up to 220+

highly, highly recommend this map. if you follow it and eat cards to stay about 5 levels lower than the map level you cant go wrong. also do dungeons and the merc missions once you hit fedimian at lvl 100

Fuzzy1
Feb 20, 2011
Who do we yell at for an invite to the guild?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Fuzzy1 posted:

Who do we yell at for an invite to the guild?

jump in discord and type @silento or whisper him ingame (silento)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy1
Feb 20, 2011
I will do that thanks!

• Locked thread