Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Despera posted:

You'll never guess who just lost a super

I'll take a guess: FCON on a gate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Despera posted:

You'll never guess who just lost a super

Was it me? I hope not :ohdear:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

luminalflux posted:

Probably autopiloting

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
it was you

oh wait your in test

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Despera posted:

Probably autopiloting

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53857179/ called it

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

Ad by Khad posted:

RVCMF misses you, VG. I've been answering questions in the corp/public channel while you're gone but things have slowed down a lot. Fortunately everyone in the backlog waiting to get into corp seems to be cool about it.

No problems to report, but it'll be nice when you're back. My other character joined Groon and I'm excited to heal some spaceships.

I sure hope our enthusiasm won't burn him out... thankfully its all still chill. :D

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Despera posted:

Lurkers usually read. Also if you don't know their gender 3rd person plural works fine.

You should lurk more instead.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

luminalflux posted:

and the pilots name was literally Another One

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Pale Peril posted:

I sure hope our enthusiasm won't burn him out... thankfully its all still chill. :D

I assure you, you guys won't burn me out :D

And thank you for looking after people trying to find me, Ad. The issue is that at most weekends I travel and don't really have good access to computer based things. My gaming PC especially. As such I don't normally get a chance to game and this means no EVE either. That's one reason the corp is just for fun. I couldn't run it properly like Deadtear or Darius or anything. It's purely just for fun when I have the time and ability to log on :3:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
German is a perfectly great language to learn and speak. :colbert:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Libluini posted:

What if someones uses time limited APIs, would that lead to some trouble down the road when all the posted APIs with their alts just turn off? Or is it a case of one-time-only showing your alts and nobody cares of what happens a year later?

What Querns said, but for PL- they require account APIs for all characters, in alliance and out (including alts corps).

Failure to comply will have your services suspended. Repeated offenses and you're gone.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

dialhforhero posted:

German is a perfectly great language to learn and speak. :colbert:

especially if you want to sound angry all the time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41lZmGcRWHU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pseudanonymous posted:

Of course people will dredge up bad things to say about you.

Frankly, grow up. If you don't like it, go play hello kitty online. Thats a game for babies.

:yikes:

:laffo:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

What Querns said, but for PL- they require account APIs for all characters, in alliance and out (including alts corps).

Failure to comply will have your services suspended. Repeated offenses and you're gone.

literally hitler

i thought the panfam was all about fun and content whats all this security business

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Orange Red Bull posted:

literally hitler

i thought the panfam was all about fun and content whats all this security business

Spai!

but seriously...no matter how much crap people talk about "didn't want that ~whatever~ anyway" no noboby likes losing poo poo to spy activity, unhappy directors, etc.

Full APIs for a group that has as many assets as they do is not a surprise. Its one thing if some random scrub alliance requires it. It is annoying though, sure.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Orange Red Bull posted:

literally hitler

It depends on where you fall in PanFam I'd say.

It's pretty minimal for Horde/Waffles and strict for PL. For a number of reasons, doctrine shifts (cruise missile 5 comes to mind as a required train by date), access to POSes, routing obvious spies, asset inventory (who borrowed the corp JF and hasn't returned it) etc.

Pretty sure all 3 follow the golden rule (If you leak, you're gone).

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

It depends on where you fall in PanFam I'd say.

It's pretty minimal for Horde/Waffles and strict for PL. For a number of reasons, doctrine shifts (cruise missile 5 comes to mind as a required train by date), access to POSes, routing obvious spies, asset inventory (who borrowed the corp JF and hasn't returned it) etc.

Pretty sure all 3 follow the golden rule (If you leak, you're gone).

Actually forgot about all the actual POSITIVE benefits of having the API. I remember in NC when Vince would use the api data to plan doctrines as well.

Overall full api, its not that big a deal. Even from a "privacy" issue because groups at the top of the food chain don't really care what your alts are doing, they just want to know. Its much better to be like, "yeah we know he has an alt in hostile alliance, so?" versus "he has a what where and its not in the API tool???" Brings up a lot more questions.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

but what if you leave to go somewhere else and they know your alts :psyduck:

HOW WILL YOU LIVE IF THEY KNOW YOUR ALTS

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The real positives of an API auth system are the convenient pearls to clutch that it provides when you need to justify your nerdrage.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

That Works posted:

The real positives of an API auth system are the convenient pearls to clutch that it provides when you need to justify your nerdrage.

A couple years ago I tried to get into the importing game and fat fingered a listing, causing me to lose about a billion in brokers's fees. I pinged Wealselor to beg for a refund and it didn't show up anywhere he could see. However, since he had my api he could see the transaction occurred and sent it back to me (thanks again, dude).

xlr82xs
Sep 9, 2008

justsharkbait posted:

Actually forgot about all the actual POSITIVE benefits of having the API. I remember in NC when Vince would use the api data to plan doctrines as well.

Overall full api, its not that big a deal. Even from a "privacy" issue because groups at the top of the food chain don't really care what your alts are doing, they just want to know. Its much better to be like, "yeah we know he has an alt in hostile alliance, so?" versus "he has a what where and its not in the API tool???" Brings up a lot more questions.

Even in lower tier alliances, it's a very quick indication of "Can the user both click a link, and then read/comprehend the instruction to not change the selection box from 'Full' to a single character" which helps identify future issues before they happen.

edit :

Xolve posted:

Failure to comply will have your services suspended.

A lot of the auth systems out there will automatically suspend services as soon as the API key is no-longer correct. Obviously they can't detect if you have only submitted API keys for a single account when you have two, but they will pick up when your key goes from "Full" to "Specific Character"

xlr82xs fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 9, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/bedgjgf.webm

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

but what if you leave to go somewhere else and they know your alts :psyduck:

HOW WILL YOU LIVE IF THEY KNOW YOUR ALTS

Most of my alts are known, I don't really care. I don't know why anyone else cares.

I had 2 alts in the past named 'Probably Xolve' and 'Not Xolve'. I am good at secrets.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Honestly if you're so hellbent on preserving the privacy of information contained in your API key you're probably not well suited for the nullsec lifestyle and should probably stick to high sec pubbie things.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/f1eu15c.webm

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

justsharkbait posted:

I remember in NC when Vince would use the api data to plan doctrines as well.

I regret to inform you that the eurotrash that is colonel kurtz has come up with the doctrines for NC. If NC actually used the API to determine doctrines, they might be better off.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dirty Sanchez posted:

A couple years ago I tried to get into the importing game and fat fingered a listing, causing me to lose about a billion in brokers's fees. I pinged Wealselor to beg for a refund and it didn't show up anywhere he could see. However, since he had my api he could see the transaction occurred and sent it back to me (thanks again, dude).

I think I actually found it in the corp wallet I think once you sent me the time it happened, Solo's systems very intentionally don't let directors access people's APIs. The systems do and I can see certain info from there but I can't ask the system for your Api and plug it into a program or something.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Zephyrine posted:

If miniluv ever becomes an issue then I will.

Hi Angelique. I wanted to stay above the dredge, but I'm tired of the frequency that this stuff is popping up. So I'm gonna do what I do best and sperg-hard-try-hard for a minute.

I enjoyed your tenure in MiniLuv. You were a known hauler person that we didn't give the boot. You had some of the best applications kills I ever seen, and ganked people in the goofiest and most entertaining ways. You came on fleets and pulled your weight. You offered to help us with hauling and logistics many times. On numerous occasions, you helped me plot out routes that JF pilots might use. We were often wrong, but I learned a lot, and we managed to track down a number of JFs, even if we didn't kill them. And we worked together to try to minimize both our headaches by minimizing blue shoots. You were a great Minister.

I gave a pass on the comments you made in your goodbye post. I found them tacky, but I don't really care about veiled threats, because there's not too much you can do to hurt MiniLuv. I even defended your choice of PH, as that seems like a good rebounding point when the space-world is your space-oyster. But the comments and arguments you are continually levying now are really doing yourself a disservice.

So let me be clear with how you and me stand: You are 'red', as you are a member of a hostile entity. If we see you, we will you shoot you. I'm not saying this because I want to shoot you. I'm saying that because you're using this fear as a lovely posting tool for a lovely gimmick that I'm tired of reading about.

So: no one in MiniLuv has looked at the blacklist for your characters. They aren't red to either of our corporations. I don't even have an RC account set up to go find them. They aren't even written on a sticky note on my monitor. I don't really care to know their names. It's easy enough to find you, and you don't spend 2 years in highsec with eyes everywhere without noticing everyone that's coming and going. But you and I both know that the chances of us holding you down long enough to get you dead are slim.

And that's why I'm so tired of this my-api-info-public sky-is-falling talk. You know in your heart of hearts that keeping the blacklist public is a good thing to do (tm). It helps corporations and other alliances identify persona non grata during recruitment. It allows anyone in The Imperium to understand the type of people they may be associating with. It lets people know at what point its okay to scam someone. It provides a level of information and intelligence in a standardized place, that's documented, that's accessible. And you know this is true. And yet the sky is still falling.

You know people comb pastebin for API keys? I've done it, MiniLuv does, spies do it. Those are API keys that haven't been explicitly given to other people, yet still the data mined, often made public. No one blinks an eye. Goons scam people to acquire their assets; they gain access to API keys under false pretenses. They post their stories and often their API information (evemails, characters, etc) in our forums and on our public forums. No one blinks an eye. People often write tools to gain access to and farm API keys. They do it for blackmail, for intelligence, or for mere snooping. No one blinks an eye.

Yet the sky is falling when my alliance adds you, and all your characters to the public blacklist when you leave our alliance, issued veiled threats towards everyone you interacted with, and move to a hostile alliance. My alliance, an alliance that has security requirements, an alliance that is wrought with spies, an alliance which wants to try to ensure its security. But yet, this is some great moral collapse and outrage from which we should be clutching our pearls to dust.

And the funniest part? The big gay gank group that you're so worried about? They don't even care about you. Quit this line of posting. It's childish, its foolishness and its doing a disservice to yourself. And each hamfisted post about "oh the humanity" is tarnishing the memory of your tenure.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Hi Angelique. I wanted to stay above the dredge, but I'm tired of the frequency that this stuff is popping up. So I'm gonna do what I do best and sperg-hard-try-hard for a minute.

I enjoyed your tenure in MiniLuv. You were a known hauler person that we didn't give the boot. You had some of the best applications kills I ever seen, and ganked people in the goofiest and most entertaining ways. You came on fleets and pulled your weight. You offered to help us with hauling and logistics many times. On numerous occasions, you helped me plot out routes that JF pilots might use. We were often wrong, but I learned a lot, and we managed to track down a number of JFs, even if we didn't kill them. And we worked together to try to minimize both our headaches by minimizing blue shoots. You were a great Minister.

I gave a pass on the comments you made in your goodbye post. I found them tacky, but I don't really care about veiled threats, because there's not too much you can do to hurt MiniLuv. I even defended your choice of PH, as that seems like a good rebounding point when the space-world is your space-oyster. But the comments and arguments you are continually levying now are really doing yourself a disservice.

So let me be clear with how you and me stand: You are 'red', as you are a member of a hostile entity. If we see you, we will you shoot you. I'm not saying this because I want to shoot you. I'm saying that because you're using this fear as a lovely posting tool for a lovely gimmick that I'm tired of reading about.

So: no one in MiniLuv has looked at the blacklist for your characters. They aren't red to either of our corporations. I don't even have an RC account set up to go find them. They aren't even written on a sticky note on my monitor. I don't really care to know their names. It's easy enough to find you, and you don't spend 2 years in highsec with eyes everywhere without noticing everyone that's coming and going. But you and I both know that the chances of us holding you down long enough to get you dead are slim.

And that's why I'm so tired of this my-api-info-public sky-is-falling talk. You know in your heart of hearts that keeping the blacklist public is a good thing to do (tm). It helps corporations and other alliances identify persona non grata during recruitment. It allows anyone in The Imperium to understand the type of people they may be associating with. It lets people know at what point its okay to scam someone. It provides a level of information and intelligence in a standardized place, that's documented, that's accessible. And you know this is true. And yet the sky is still falling.

You know people comb pastebin for API keys? I've done it, MiniLuv does, spies do it. Those are API keys that haven't been explicitly given to other people, yet still the data mined, often made public. No one blinks an eye. Goons scam people to acquire their assets; they gain access to API keys under false pretenses. They post their stories and often their API information (evemails, characters, etc) in our forums and on our public forums. No one blinks an eye. People often write tools to gain access to and farm API keys. They do it for blackmail, for intelligence, or for mere snooping. No one blinks an eye.

Yet the sky is falling when my alliance adds you, and all your characters to the public blacklist when you leave our alliance, issued veiled threats towards everyone you interacted with, and move to a hostile alliance. My alliance, an alliance that has security requirements, an alliance that is wrought with spies, an alliance which wants to try to ensure its security. But yet, this is some great moral collapse and outrage from which we should be clutching our pearls to dust.

And the funniest part? The big gay gank group that you're so worried about? They don't even care about you. Quit this line of posting. It's childish, its foolishness and its doing a disservice to yourself. And each hamfisted post about "oh the humanity" is tarnishing the memory of your tenure.

tldr

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
boney is a chill guy i guess

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ill kick ur rear end globby

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
mostly for calling poo poo hyperdunking, when precedent shows you should have called it globbing, like awoxing

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

globbing sounds like what happens when you have a really difficult poop

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

mostly for calling poo poo hyperdunking, when precedent shows you should have called it globbing, like awoxing

actually it was named hyperdunking by a code guy, the name was so bad it was actually good.

Glory of Arioch posted:

globbing sounds like what happens when you have a really difficult poop

the proper name for that is querns posting :lol:

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

No one cares. :getout:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Fuzzyjello posted:

No one cares. :getout:

sure kill urself first

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Foehammer007 posted:

sure kill urself first

Foehammerin' erryday. You ever get your respect back in Black Ops?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
who are you supposed to be again?

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Foehammer007 posted:

who are you supposed to be again?

Don't worry, I am not anyone space important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
???

• Locked thread