Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Radical posted:

also i feel like new rageblade is good on kayle but it would take so long to build second you'd be doing even less than you do currently. maybe as a third item, but i haven't tried it yet.

That's why I think it has to be rushed, has to be on someone with an AS steroid, and is probably only ideal on a ranged ADC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i saw a vayne try to rush it yesterday and man that guy just got trashed in lane

we still lost but hey, sometimes the rageblade vayne and azir reach 30 minutes and you're a maokai

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Libertine posted:

That's why I think it has to be rushed, has to be on someone with an AS steroid, and is probably only ideal on a ranged ADC.

Problem is, the old guinsoo was more gold efficient and had more attack speed AND a better on-hit, it was both easier to rush and did more, the new one is awful on trist because she doesn't need a phantom hit, the new guinsoo relies totally on your built in on-hit effect to be worth doubling every other hit because 15 magic damage to a single target doesn't really compare to the old passive of: Base attacks deal bonus magic damage equal to 20 (+15% bonus AD) (+7.5% AP) to your target and nearby enemy units.

You need 2 more hits to stack the passive as a melee, and the total stacks give 6 AD 8 AP 16% attack speed less total, I wouldn't even build it on kayle anymore after trying twice and it feeling extremely underwhelming, I'd rather go lichbane after nashor.

At best guinsoo is now a trap item and is essentially no longer something to use on those that used to like it until a patch comes in buffing it.

Besides the guinsoo users, Swain, Cass and Vlad were big losers on this patch, heavily weakened and they weren't even that good before hand.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 8, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd also like to take a moment to point out Jungle Mordekaiser has a 2% higher win rate then jungle Yi.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Old Guinsoo was only more good efficient because the stack cap meant you got more everything.

It also only took two autos to become neutral in cost efficiency, while the new one takes 3.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Radical posted:

i saw a vayne try to rush it yesterday and man that guy just got trashed in lane

we still lost but hey, sometimes the rageblade vayne and azir reach 30 minutes and you're a maokai

I played a ranked game where I was Jhin against a Vayne. Their support DCed at some point under my tower so I killed it, the Vayne tried to engage and died. She came back to lane with another doran's blade and a blasting wand to my BFS. She died a lot more after that.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
bring back old rageblade, thanks!!

also I like how tear makes it so you never have mana problems ever again.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Basically old Rageblade is gone because the really good part of the item was a scaling aoe on hit that did magic damage. Nobody was excited about the stacking stats although they were okay. New Rageblade is the old Devourer and the boring part of old Rageblade rolled together and overpriced.

Playing Kog and going Bork > Rageblade is kinda okay though.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If the dragon rolls ocean and you get it early, nobody on your team has to build mana items ever.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
earth and water are by far the best dragons. Water because that regen makes the attrition game easy, and lanes really well. Earth because it lets you take baron and other dragons faster and it increases the damage of smite

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Double Sheen Ezreal has hit new heights of Not poo poo because now buying that second sheen still gives you extra mana + 10% cdr, btw. It's significantly more gold efficient than it was.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
rofl

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Three Galio support games, three Galio S ranks. I like this Mid Year Mage Update.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

How do you build Galio support?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Construct a steel pole with two angled branches where you would like the wings. Aligned wooden walls around the frame, being sure to fasten them together with durable joints. Now you are ready to pour your clay or similar material.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

my most recent game feature our mid yasuo getting a triple kill in the level 1 invade, and their ahri getting a double kill.

they both fed their asses off for the rest of the game lol

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

NTT posted:

Double Sheen Ezreal has hit new heights of Not poo poo because now buying that second sheen still gives you extra mana + 10% cdr, btw. It's significantly more gold efficient than it was.

if you build a triforce and a frosty fist which spellblade takes priority, tho

also rageblade feels good on Kayle but I wouldn't grab it as a first item, nashors/hurricane/rageblade is a pretty decent core.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

if you build a triforce and a frosty fist which spellblade takes priority, tho

Lichbane > Triforce > IBG

You should never ever do this though

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I only really pick him into AP heavy comps so I can focus on MR and HP. Abyssal Scepter gaining cooldown is great for him. Despite being mostly a mage he has a melee auto attack so relic shield works fine. He's feels mana heavy in lane, so I don't tend to try and poke them down unless they are playing something really fragile, like a mage support with all ap/magpen runes, and I'll just max my shield first. 60 armor/mr is nothing to sneeze at at level 5, and it generally prevents opposing all ins from being successful as long as I can lead it well. His Q slow and his E speedup make for an alright peel kit, as well as set up ganks. His laning is definitely his weakest part, after that you tend to get tanky enough that you just waltz into the middle of team fights and ult, or counter engage their dive champs with your ult. Face of the Mountain + Abyssal Scepter is 20% CDR, I run another 10% CDR in runes, and finish my CDR with either Spirit Visage or Locket, depending on how much I need to actually support. At that point you'll have one slot left, so you can decide if you need damage or peel or tankiness and build appropriately.

Face of the Mountain
Sightstone
Boots
Locket/Spirit Visage
Abyssal Scepter
(Whatever I need)

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 9, 2016

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Firebert posted:

Lichbane > Triforce > IBG

You should never ever do this though

i know, it was just a goofy question

e: what are peoples' thoughts on veigar supp now that he can stack his passive off harass/cage stuns? the biggest problem i can see is that he still needs a deathcap to function which is going to be the majority of your budget

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 9, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo4xy-bcGMY

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
New Cassiopeia is trash.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

best part was the Bond "highlight"

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'd also like to take a moment to point out Jungle Mordekaiser has a 2% higher win rate then jungle Yi.

You say it like it's a bad thing

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Veigar isn't.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Ao Shin seems pretty strong, and is actually fun to play. I think... he's good.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Shh. Don't tell people. Last time he was meta for more than a week, he instantly got hit by the nerfbat and went back to sub 50 win rates.

Though the nerf to teleport and games getting shorter with preseason changes didn't help him either at the time.

But yeah, Veigar is in a nice spot right now.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 11:36 on May 9, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

Ao Shin seems pretty strong, and is actually fun to play. I think... he's good.

took me a second to discover this Hidden Meme, well done

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

And a computer crash mid-game punts me into low priority q. Despite returning as soon as the client would let me.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Radical posted:

yeah ive seen a lot of people picking junglers like ww/olaf/nunu that just solo the drake. even if lanes are doing poorly early on the jungle champ has been powerfarming and everyone gets buff as hell from then on.

I have been doing very well (in Bronze, admittedly) with Nunu for this reason. It's even better in Bronze, where 50%+ of the time no one but you is even thinking about dragon (because they don't watch the timers).

It's interesting, because I actually picked Nunu as part of an experiment to pick the suggested low ELO champs from that guy's four part listing of all of the champs (can't remember his name). Nunu was one of his three suggested jungle champs.

He's fascinating, because he almost seems like he would be crippled having one less team fight skill (unless you can find a creep during the fight to munch on), and another skill that is basically "make an ADC fire faster." But he still can make a single retreating opponent's life absolutely miserable, as you get some cooldown and just pelt them with a giant snowball every couple of seconds.

The one thing about him that does kind of bug me is his ult. You rarely get the full thing off, either because everyone leaves the circle, or because you get immediately popped out of it by someone's skill. I understand that it has been realistically described as more of a zoning tool than a damage dealing skill, but that does not stop it from feeling a little underwhelming when you use it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nunu is a mixed bag at low elo I've found. On the one hand, if you get a nunu player who doesn't counter jungle and take objectives, it's almost impossible to be more useless. On the other hand, if you have a nunu player than will start at the enemy buff they think the other isn't starting at, and they have proper objective management (even enemy buff camps with the new jungle timers), it's easy to completely invalidate a member of their team while getting fat. Early rift herald is awesome.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When it comes to Nunu I think TheOddOne said it best: "Nunu's job is to make the enemy jungler as useless as you are".

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i played a game with an enemy nunu that did the rift herald as it spawned with their top cho. they also got a bunch of earth dragons and it was a real sad game for baron nashor.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
I mean I don't really give a poo poo about changes to the game, since I suck at it anyway, but wouldn't professional players be a bit upset at the massive changes to gameplay that seem to happen yearly? Or is there some sort of professional level version freeze so that they don't have to relearn how their mains work or new itemization?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Spudalicious posted:

I mean I don't really give a poo poo about changes to the game, since I suck at it anyway, but wouldn't professional players be a bit upset at the massive changes to gameplay that seem to happen yearly? Or is there some sort of professional level version freeze so that they don't have to relearn how their mains work or new itemization?

It doesn't really matter because they have no leverage. They're only good at League and have to play it since it's their livelihood, so maybe they'll grumble but they can't accomplish anything by making a ruckus.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Spudalicious posted:

lots of esports are like this, its just part of playing professionally.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Radical posted:

e sports are like this, its just part of playing professionally.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Spudalicious posted:

Radical posted:

lots of esports are like this, its just part of playing professionally.

Pretty much this, part of being a good pro player is adaptation.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Kashuno posted:

Nunu is a mixed bag at low elo I've found. On the one hand, if you get a nunu player who doesn't counter jungle and take objectives, it's almost impossible to be more useless. On the other hand, if you have a nunu player than will start at the enemy buff they think the other isn't starting at, and they have proper objective management (even enemy buff camps with the new jungle timers), it's easy to completely invalidate a member of their team while getting fat. Early rift herald is awesome.

I've actually found that I do not need to counterjungle as much as you would think. I'm not claiming I've played 100 games and have a significant sample size, but I've played five since 6.9, and won all five.

He's just really good at getting tanky, securing every dragon, and just being a huge pain in the rear end. You waddle into a fight, ice ball poo poo, W your ADC, and then make it loving impossible for an opponent to escape by just hitting them with ice ball after ice ball as they desperately try to run and flash away. Only flash does not get them far enough away when you're hitting them with ice balls and running like a mofo with W active.

Oh, and somewhere in the middle of that, when they're all clustered up and trying to gangbang one of your teammates (and they will cluster up, because Bronze), you hit R, and watch them suddenly wonder why they can't move and all take 30% of their health bar in damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
it would be cool if his ult did the grounded thing

• Locked thread