Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farali
Feb 18, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Do you have a PS3 also or just the PSTV?

Just the PS TV. What's the bonus of also having a PS3?

Farali fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Farali posted:

Just in case there were games that were on both systems that you didn't have.

Like Trails of Cold Steel

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Farali posted:

There are good games that have better versions available for the PS3 mostly. Otherwise I can recommend stuff like Atelier Escha & Logy or Trails of Cold Steel.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Farali posted:

Just bought a PS TV, what are some must haves for the vita? Already bought P4G and preordered Leifthrasir.

Soul Sacrifice Delta! Play the demo first to see if it's up your alley. On the same vein, freedom wars.

Killzone mercenary is pretty good as well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Playing Ghosts of Sparta for the first time, you can tell it's a Ready At Dawn game they put in multiple parts where Kratos walks around slowly for the story. :v:

Looks amazing for a PSP game though, makes me sad Sony gave up on first party Vita stuff so quick.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Playing Ghosts of Sparta for the first time, you can tell it's a Ready At Dawn game they put in multiple parts where Kratos walks around slowly for the story. :v:

Looks amazing for a PSP game though, makes me sad Sony gave up on first party Vita stuff so quick.

Maybe they haven't given up and have secretly been making a bunch of games on a...five year development cycle

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Megalixir posted:

Oh poo poo Amazon Japan removes Japanese tax, that's loving rad! That Neon Orange Vita shows 17,746 yen on checkout, but on the page it actually claims to be 19,166 yen.

anyway I bought a bunch of wiiu games instead.

You made the correct choice

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Oh okay

quote:

Greetings from Amazon.co.jp,

I'm writing this e-mail to follow up your inquiry about "PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi model".

I'm afraid, we've checked with our appropriate department and found that the item is not eligible for international shipping unfortunately.

At this moment, it seems the item can be ordered to international address as the same with blue one.

However, we have an issue currently, and some ineligible items can be ordered to international address due to our system error.

I'm afraid, when item is not eligible for international shipping, it probably return to us after it is shipped although you can place an order.

For above reasons, it is difficult to order the item from outside of Japan. I'm sorry for not being able to meet your expectation in this case.

We are currently investigating this issue, and strive to fix it. The business of our international customers is very important to us, we are working hard to improve the selection we provide to you.

Please feel free to contact us again if we can be of any further assistance.

You are welcome to reply to this email directly or contact us via following URL;
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/help/contact-us/english-speaking-customer.html

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Thank you for choosing Amazon.co.jp, we hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

...except people haev been importing games from Amazon Japan for the last month, and their orders haven't been returned. I really don't know what to make of this.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Maybe they don't like you.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Last I heard they blocked importers shortly after allowing them for a brief period. Did they open the "borders" again? And are they closing now (again)? The whole ordeal seems rather confusing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You are able to import from Amazon JP if you live in a very specific area otherwise you can go gently caress off.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I imported Steins;Gate 0 and Odin Sphere Leifraiser from them back when they first opened up international orders on games about a month ago, so yeah, maybe that guy's just wrong. I don't know. I have 3 WiiU games ordered as well.

Saoshyant posted:

Last I heard they blocked importers shortly after allowing them for a brief period. Did they open the "borders" again? And are they closing now (again)? The whole ordeal seems rather confusing.

They allowed games about a month ago. Then closed them off (seems to be mostly closed off the Sony stuff - you can order 3DS consoles, games, etc). The Neon Orange Vita shipped internationally by Amazon.jp went out of stock and went on to third party sellers for awhile, then came back in stock and no longer shipped internationally, so I asked why. They have the Aqua Blue version of the Vita 2000 in stock, which is the same product line, same model, same everything, the only difference is the colour. Now the Neon Orange Vita ships internationally again, and I thought it was because of my inquiry, but this email reply claims that it's an error and that I can't order it, even though I can. I wonder what would happen if I ordered a WiiU console.

Megalixir fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 8, 2016

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The whole thing is really confusing and I'm glad I got the games I wanted in the tiny window they allowed it.

Farali
Feb 18, 2012
My PSTV just got delivered. What would be the best way to sell the game vouchers on SA Mart without PMs?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What games?

Farali
Feb 18, 2012
The Lego Movie game and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
You may wish to check if those vouchers are still good first. I think the Lego Movie ones expired a month ago.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
I know the Lego Movie one will still work because I used the one that came with my PSTV a couple of days ago. Good luck trying to sell those codes though, people are just giving them away other places.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i got 15 bucks for my borderlands 2 code way back when. i call it a success.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Why did you do such a terrible thing to another human being

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i just provide the product man. "games don't bore people" etc

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

they actually patched borderlands 2 a shitton and now it runs and plays pretty well

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

John Romero posted:

they actually patched borderlands 2 a shitton and now it runs and plays pretty well

it isn't nice to lie

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

John Romero posted:

It's still BL2 on a platform where you can't even memory edit to get remotely sane drop rates.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's still BL2

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

its okay to play while watching tv

why do you all have to be such dicks

its not like there are a ton of other games on this gay dumb system

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

John Romero posted:

its okay to play while watching tv

why do you all have to be such dicks

its not like there are a ton of other games on this gay dumb system

i was playing tokyo twilight ghost hunters just this afternoon SIR.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i do like BL2 but after some dozens of hours on PC i did not want to play a worse version on my handstation.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

i was playing tokyo twilight ghost hunters just this afternoon SIR.

whats that sounds dope

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The key is to autobattle in sword city for cool loot to join your friends on leaderboards while watching TV, I think I still have the best grand muramasa!!!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

John Romero posted:

whats that sounds dope
there's visual novel bits where you get to choose the emotion and sense with which you respond to people (happy>tongue, angry>nose, etc) and then you play a slow strategy game with too many animations.

it's not that great, but i guess there's something about it that appeals to me. would not recommend it though.

e: also it's about ghost hunting

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
I think I'm roughly halfway through Ray Gigant at this point so I might as well give some impressions, since a couple of people were asking about it.

Firstly, the combat is pretty easy by dungeon crawler standards: your HP fully regenerates after fights and the only expendable resource that actually carries over between battles is also renewable during combat, so you just have to try and avoid ending a fight with your AP too low to do anything at the start of the next. I've played through the first two main characters' storylines and only just got my first game over near the start of the third. You can choose how to allocate experience between your party members, all your characters' actions spend a shared pool of action points, and each story arc has one main character who's significantly more powerful than the other two, so the game sort of incentivises feeding most of your experience to that character and having them finish fights singlehandedly while your other characters sit around doing nothing. The dungeon exploration starts out pretty simplistic as well, although eventually it introduces the standard dungeon-crawler stuff like spinners, secret doors, teleporters and one-way passages.

There's a lot of dialogue in between dungeons and sometimes during them, which is a bit of a problem because the translation is pretty bad. I'm convinced parts of it were never looked at by a native English speaker, because it's full of errors and awkward phrasing. I'm pretty sure the story wouldn't be all that gripping even if the writing was better, though.

I also ran into a replicable crash immediately after the third character's intro movie, although skipping the intro avoided it.

Overall it's playable but uninspiring, and I wouldn't recommend it over any other dungeon crawler on the Vita. If you've already played all of those and still want more, then, well, it's a game that exists.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i'm like ten hours maybe into Stranger of Sword City and already feel like i've hit the Experience Dungeon Crawler point where samurais on autobattle can handle everything that isn't a boss fight (where all the samurais use the DUEL ME 1V1 AT ROSHAN BITCH skill and win it) and its kind of disappointing!! demon gaze felt like a much more polished title and the early game difficulty hump involved being murdered by a dragon-lady with chainsaw swords, which was cooler than Baby's First SMT Factions storyline going on here.

has anyone here finished it and felt that the game improves drastically past a certain point or should i accept that it's gonna be pretty standard/mediocre and plod through it some other time*

(*never)

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
NG+ is where most of the difficulty is (every iteration adds about 40 to enemy levels) but even then there's way to snap 90% of the difficulty over your knee if you really want to. Basically anything that isn't a god or a boss falls to the might of the starshine hammer (aka the PikoPiko Hammer from Demon Gaze) + slash where they're paralyzed, knocked out and silenced. But it's pretty much an Exp Inc DRPG through and through if that's what you're asking. The dungeons DO pull some seriously mean poo poo later so you have that to look forward to at least.

Plus you get to meet Dranserk the cool guy and figure out what's up with the butterflies. The story's good enough at least, nothing fantastic but I was interested enough to not just hold down X my first time through.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Digimon still fun after 30+ hrs later but getting a bit tired of grinding for exp for new friends. Also the metals collecting game is just rng hell all over again so I'll be skipping that.

Overall I would say I liked it more than DeSu 1 but less than DeSu 2. I do miss SL since it'd be much better than random fetch quests w/stranger #23434. Chara designs still :aaaaa: as I need alt outfits badly.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Is there a checklist of the cards for Estival Versus? I finally opened the pack that came with my gifted PS4 version of the game, and it's weird... instead of 2x(five characters), I got 2x(four characters) + 1 each of two other characters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MisterAlex posted:

Is there a checklist of the cards for Estival Versus? I finally opened the pack that came with my gifted PS4 version of the game, and it's weird... instead of 2x(five characters), I got 2x(four characters) + 1 each of two other characters.

These are all the sets

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/710262241472307200
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/710253214256398336
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/710247470329016322
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/710246585578336256
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/699746396992311296

The first two are so rare that I actually doubt they were printed at all.

I just want the Daidouji's cards goddamit :argh:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey guys, it's only been since... November but I have a new computer and I can post news stuff so uh all hail your new reign of Policenaut news terror.

Uppers stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNz6O-V-lHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5689zzimADQ

New Interpretation Stranger of Sword City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eawmRmVW0B4

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Policenaut posted:

Hey guys, it's only been since... November but I have a new computer and I can post news stuff so uh all hail your new reign of Policenaut news terror.

Uppers stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNz6O-V-lHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5689zzimADQ

How come the character models can look so good but everything else look so poo poo? The loving truck looks like something out of a PSX game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Ah, okay, thanks. I guess it's the "Overseers" pack, then.