Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
E: idk maybe :filez:

Negligent fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/deptofaustralia/status/729172910980497408

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Negligent posted:

E: idk maybe :filez:

If you've ever wondered who'd torrent loving masterchef, this guy ^^^

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Torrents are for plebs. Usenet is still a thing in 2016.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Negligent posted:

Torrents are for plebs. Usenet is still a thing in 2016.

true but im finding the signal to noise getting worse. No way to curate nzbs.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/lisazdavies/status/729419425779056640

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
W.T.F.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

They just don't wanna waste time hiding their bias

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I too enjoy undeclared donations in kind to a political party on the first day of a campaign.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
That Telegraph column reads like satire.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Solemn Sloth posted:

I too enjoy undeclared donations in kind to a political party on the first day of a campaign.

Is there some kind of article or is this the tony Abbott "what do I do with this paper bag of cash" story from last week?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
http://abc.net.au/votecompass is up and running

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

As I have mentioned previously, I hope Labor wins so the Tele goes in to full meltdown mode, like the Herald Sun when Daniel Andrews won the Victorian state election

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vote Greens for sex and drugs? Alright.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Oh god they're both in Brisbane.

I should find one and ask them the milk question!

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Anidav posted:

Oh god they're both in Brisbane.

I should find one and ask them the milk question!

Record it

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Fear not friends, the Daily Tele is much more biased than that!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Anidav posted:

Holy crap they actually did it, they called him an underdog :shittypop: this campaign is going to be amazing

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Does that make Shorten updog?

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

What's updog?

greatapoc
Apr 4, 2005
Does anyone know what is happening with the whole PPL "double dipping" thing? As far as I'm aware it isn't legislated but all the Government pages are still saying that from July 1st you can only claim the Government's 18 weeks or your employers.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Anidav posted:

loving laffo

E: my dad's copy of the smellograph has a different subtitle than that one. We're regional NSW though

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 9, 2016

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Land of dopes and smears.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The incumbent underdog, the prime minister of australia

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico

SadisTech posted:

Sarah Hanson-Young's office just sent out an email soliciting donations with the subject line "Do you want a BIGGER election?"

I nearly spat out my morning coffee when I checked my emails this morning, good laugh.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Advertiser has a cartoon on the front of the party leaders as swimmers at the starting block.

Turnbull is twice as large as anyone else and muscular, Shorten is a skinny emaciated looking man.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Meany greenies.

quote:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...508-gopjsw.html
As the Prime Minister and Opposition Leader head north to the key election battleground of Queensland, another kind of cage fight is under way in the suburbs of Sydney and Melbourne.

On day one of a marathon eight-week campaign, Greens leader Richard Di Natale has hightailed it to the inner-Sydney seat of Grayndler, helping his firefighter candidate Jim Casey take on Labor's Anthony Albanese.
It sets the scene for a tough slog between the two left-of-centre parties, as they fight it out for the hearts and minds of progressive voters in urban seats.

Mr Albanese, who holds Grayndler on a comfortable margin but has been disadvantaged by a redistribution, wasted no time in telling the Greens to direct their efforts elsewhere.

"Richard Di Natale could choose to target Liberal Party members," he told ABC Radio National.

"It says a lot about Richard Di Natale that his priority today … is removing me from the federal Parliament. If you think the Parliament will be a more progressive place without me in it ... then by all means that's his priority."

The comments assert Labor's long-standing position that the Greens should seek to reduce conservatives' presence in Parliament by targeting Coalition-held seats.

At last year's NSW state election, the Greens took the north coast seat of Ballina off the Nationals. They stole the Melbourne seat of Prahran from the Liberals at the 2014 Victorian state election.

Meanwhile, the Greens argue they are simply pursuing their most winnable seats, as all parties are wont to do.

Mr Di Natale recently told Fairfax Media he believes the Greens can win eight lower house seats within a decade, including some Coalition-held seats in Melbourne, New South Wales and Perth.

"We remind them [Labor] that they once had a conscience," he said of his critics in the ALP.

Mr Di Natale was also on Sydney radio on Monday morning, railing against the two major parties as "the Coles and Woolies of politics" and accusing both of neglecting climate change and the environment.

He said Mr Albanese was "a decent person" but noted he voted in favour of cuts to the Renewable Energy Target and offshore processing of asylum seekers. Labor was "locking up young kids" and "failing to show the courage against this cruel government", Mr Di Natale said.

Labor has been particularly sore over a supposed preference arrangement between the Greens and the Liberal Party in Victoria, in which Liberals would preference the Greens in seats the Greens are targeting, in return for the Greens running open tickets (rather than preference Labor) in some marginal suburban seats.

Mr Albanese said that would increase the likelihood of Mr Turnbull remaining Prime Minister and predicted a "backlash" from progressive voters.

The Greens currently have one lower house MP - Adam Bandt in the seat of Melbourne - and are likely to put considerable resources into other Melbourne electorates such as Batman, Wills, Melbourne Ports and Higgins.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I consistently chose the options that would hurt the most people.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
This one is answering according to Hitler's ideology

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Skellybones posted:

I consistently chose the options that would hurt the most people.

There's a {Murdoch} one but it's way off the bottom right of the scale

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

why does Melbourne have so many lefties

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
"I'm terrified of the government, it shouldn't do anything or exist on any tangible level"

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Anidav posted:

Underdog v. Battler in an election to determine who isn't the taller poppy

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

quote:

At last year's NSW state election, the Greens took the north coast seat of Ballina off the Nationals. They stole the Melbourne seat of Prahran from the Liberals at the 2014 Victorian state election.

"Took"

"Stole"

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011

open24hours posted:

Meany greenies.

Why is this proposed LNP green preference deal still being reported? The source is literally Anthony Albanese there is no deal.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Telling the truth never got anyone anywhere.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Let's play Political Lawn Bowls, who can answer honestly and get the closest to the party they intend to vote for (I'm chuffed and a little surprised honestly how close I am).

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ABC news article headline: Springborg says he has set up Nicholls for LNP election success

You don't even need to read the article :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

• Locked thread