Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zero One posted:

Rickon/Shaggydog is poo poo story but I dont care because

OLLIE IS DEAD! :woop:

Yeah

Decent episode. Definitely disappointed with the Rickon thing but maybe he won't die somehow!?!? Killing Shaggydog is too hosed up however.

Aside from that though, it wasn't bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Daario fighting Jorah in the preview?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

rofl Sansa shows up right after Jon leaves.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
shaggydog what the gently caress, this is the worst

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So as someone who didn't watch the episode and could only glean context from your overblown reactions I assume Ramsey godmodded himself into capturing Rickon and killing Shaggydog (how?) and Jon killed the guys who ides of March'd him (does he act any different now after resurrecting? And what was the reason given for hanging him?) did I miss anything else important?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Oh hey, Theon makes it to Pyke

Lol. These guys got some fuckin instant transmission poo poo that they can teleport halfway across the map in 1 episode.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Brienne's new mission? Finding a raven haired lad of twenty and five(or whatever)

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Lol. These guys got some fuckin instant transmission poo poo that they can teleport halfway across the map in 1 episode.

Lots of hacking in this show, it's how Ramsay modded himself to only roll 6s.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

http://i.imgur.com/NrXFPII.gifv

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Spanish Spoiler didn't know Shaggydog had been killed as it wasn't explained through dialoge.

If they want to restrict how much information he has they should stop having characters say stuff like "he's stabbed him in the back."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Westeros is the Bermuda Triangle where time and place warp into meaninglessness. Rickon ages 10 years while Gilly's kid stays a perpetual infant. Theon and the Sand Snakes can teleport instantly wherever they want.

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Calaveron posted:

So as someone who didn't watch the episode and could only glean context from your overblown reactions I assume Ramsey godmodded himself into capturing Rickon and killing Shaggydog (how?) and Jon killed the guys who ides of March'd him (does he act any different now after resurrecting? And what was the reason given for hanging him?) did I miss anything else important?

Umber delivered Rickon and Osha to Ramsay to setup the battle of the bastards. I didn't think he acted much different, I assumed they hung them all so they could do it all at once in one scene quickly.

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

Tower of Joy being 6 on 2 instead of 7 on 3 and the Sword of the Morning wielding two non-Dawn swords is just really weird. They seem to have some kind of weird obsession where nothing can be left unchanged.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Nion posted:

Tower of Joy being 6 on 2 instead of 7 on 3 and the Sword of the Morning wielding two non-Dawn swords is just really weird. They seem to have some kind of weird obsession where nothing can be left unchanged.
Honestly I prefer it that way. At this point I hope they deviate from the books as much as they possibly can, even if there's no good reason to do so

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Nion posted:

Oswell Whent away.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nion posted:

I hope they keep making meaningless tweaks for the rest of the series just to piss off the spazzes.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Nion posted:

He should have done a couple backflips IMO

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Linguica posted:

Honestly I prefer it that way. At this point I hope they deviate from the books as much as they possibly can, even if there's no good reason to do so

Jon Snow leaves the Nights Watch only to win the kings moot on the Iron Islands.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
"My watch has ended." loving goosebumps right there!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
at least we know Jon kills Ramsey so no more of his 20 good men next season

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

El Hefe posted:

at least we know Jon kills Ramsey so no more of his 20 good men next season
It's only 14 now, Brienne / Pod / Theon killed 6.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Jon gonna go chill and smoke herb with Bran and Meera for the rest of the season

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

At the end of the season, Jon is going to hang Ghost because something about it rubs him the wrong way.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
The Direwolves getting punked is probably the thing that pisses me off the most about this poo poo lol. Just expected a lot more out of them for some reason.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

are they reintroducing the yunkai seige plot? is dany going to go back to meereen again???

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Dany is going to take her new Dothraki horde and lift the siege of Mereen and that'll be the end of her season.

Meaning another season of essentially going nowhere.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Kinda surprised Jon didn't do Ned's execution speech but I guess he would have to say "In the name of Tommen Baratheon..." and confuse the viewers somehow? IDK.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Smalljon is introduced in the same episode where Jon is confirmed to have a tiny dick.

God, this Northern poo poo is so bleak. Paedolord Karstrek, this Umber and God Ramsay. Osha is proably only still alive for now because it's too expensive to show Ramsay with a direwolf. Manderly is the only thing that can salvage this and I'm not optimistic -- send him to the Frey wedding.

That Reddit extra leak was true. RIP Rickon, your life was poo poo.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 9, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Kinda surprised Jon didn't do Ned's execution speech but I guess he would have to say "In the name of Tommen Baratheon..." and confuse the viewers somehow? IDK.

The Nights watch doesn't answer to the King.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dany is going to take her new Dothraki horde and lift the siege of Mereen and that'll be the end of her season.

Meaning another season of essentially going nowhere.

At least she still has a fleet of ships

oh wait

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

nopantsjack posted:

are they reintroducing the yunkai seige plot? is dany going to go back to meereen again???

shes going to show up last minute with her dothraki horde and win the battle

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
One of the best scenes from the books is Sam loving Gilly in the boat where everything is covered in poo poo and piss and puke and the baby is screaming and they are loving for some reason.

HBO missed another chance to shock TV viewers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

this_is_hard posted:

Most likely intercut with Littlefinger showing up at the last minute to save Jon and winning that battle. Because poetry, it rhymes.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i'm looking forward to ramsey stabbing rikkon once with a small knife and him falling down dead instantly

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Most likely intercut with Littlefinger showing up at the last minute to save Jon and winning that battle. Because poetry, it rhymes.

Throw in a couple of guys getting stabbed in the back right before their moment of triumph and watch the Emmys roll in.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

RIP Rickon, your life was poo poo.

Like why bother letting Sansa escape to just replace her with Rickon two episodes later?

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

this_is_hard posted:

All hope will seem lost when suddenly the dragons dramatically fly off in a particular direction only to reveal Kelly C's army emerging over the horizen.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Thomase posted:

Like why bother letting Sansa escape to just replace her with Rickon two episodes later?

Because D&D have no idea what they're doing.

It's funny how HBO is essentially pleading with them to add another full season, which would give them room to let the plot breath, but they refuse because they claim that they only have 15 more episodes with of material. Meanwhile they continue to move the plot along at a glacial pace with no end anywhere in sight.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

At least she still has a fleet of ships

oh wait

Won't be shocked if after Asha Yara loses the Kingsmoot because #ItsHerTurn wasn't a valid argument to rule the Seastone Chair Salt Throne she ends up sailing to Meereen with her fleet, allies with Dany because gently caress Euron instead of attacking her and taking the dragons, then sails with her army from Meereen back to Westeros so Dany finally loving leaves Essos

Like they're fusing Asha and Victarion together, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Thomase posted:

Sansa has tits

• Locked thread