Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He closed a black hole, but all he did was run around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The lightning throw was kind of neat.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

not really speed related, tho

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

not really speed related, tho

It was a physical manifestation of his speed energy.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

It was a physical manifestation of his speed energy.

lightning and going fast are different things. supersonic punch and evacuating a train mid-air are things he could do cause he could go super fast. Lightning is just a weird bonus he got

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

lightning and going fast are different things. supersonic punch and evacuating a train mid-air are things he could do cause he could go super fast. Lightning is just a weird bonus he got

He has to run super fast to generate the lightning.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

boom boom boom posted:

Flash hasn't done any cool speed stuff this season, right? Last season there was the Supersonic Punch and evacuating a train mid-derailment, and that was great

He made the show better by getting vaporized.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

He has to run super fast to generate the lightning.

If he could summon a flock of grackles to attack enemies but only by running really fast, "grackle swarm" still wouldn't be a cool speed thing he could.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Punch doesn't count. That's related to mass, not speed.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

boom boom boom posted:

It's not actual lightning, he's throwing goes fast.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Rhyno posted:

In retrospect the best part about it was that Jay taught him that trick just so he could gently caress him over with it later.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm watching this show Pen and Teller: Fool Us where magicians do their act to P&T and they try and guess how their act is done, anyways they're going to commercial and the host says:

"We'll be back in a Flash, or, a Jane The Virgin! That's a CW joke for ya."

such a weird joke to pull out of nowhere. that is all.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Oh wow. Mike Jittlov, I'd almost forgotten about him.. I'm amazed they haven't tried to rope him in as a cameo. His filmmaking got put on hold when he had to become a full-time caretaker for his mother, but he's still kicking around the Silverlake Area.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

I would have preferred if it was because then Barry would have died right there and the show be over.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ah, okay. I had no idea that was supposed to be a reference.

Kaine
Dec 29, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

KE = 0.5 * m * v2

Speed matters more than mass.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
From what I have heard that is what your mother says as well

:downsrim:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kaine posted:

KE = 0.5 * m * v2

Speed matters more than mass.

if speed mattered more they wouldn't have to square it.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

A small-caliber bullet fired at the proper speed does a lot more damage than a large-caliber bullet thrown by hand.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

thexerox123 posted:

A small-caliber bullet fired at the proper speed does a lot more damage than a large-caliber bullet thrown by hand.

If this show is gonna have evil speedsters, they really need to do a scene where a evil speedster throws a bunch of bullets as fast as if they'd been fired by a gun

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Mortanis posted:

Hey. Batman had enough time to prepare for the eventuality of needing to pull on the entire Justice League at once, and that means he wins.

Maybe NOW Barry goes back in time and becomes the lightning bolt that "chose" him.

No, he becomes the time ghost in the Speed Force, since it was wearing a Flash suit.

Aphrodite posted:

:wtc: I can't tell if this is a troll post.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 9, 2016

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Barry ran so fast this season he wound up in another universe (not that you'd know it from the show)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

:wtc: I can't tell if this is a troll post.

They call it an Infinite Mass Punch, not a Run Real Fast Punch.

(I'm mocking the guy drawing arbitrary lines on what's a speed-based power. The Flash has 1 power: Superspeed. Anything he can do that you can't is because of speed.)

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 9, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

I'm watching this show Pen and Teller: Fool Us where magicians do their act to P&T and they try and guess how their act is done, anyways they're going to commercial and the host says:

"We'll be back in a Flash, or, a Jane The Virgin! That's a CW joke for ya."

such a weird joke to pull out of nowhere. that is all.

It used to air on the CW, iirc.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
This, recruits, is a 20-kilo ferrous slug. Feel the weight. Every five seconds, the main gun of an Everest-class dreadnought accelerates one to 1.3 percent of light speed. It impacts with the force of a 38-kiloton bomb. That is three times the yield of the city buster dropped on Hiroshima back on Earth. That means Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son-of-a-bitch in space.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
^^was that from Mass Effect? Explaining that a Mass Driver miss would make for a very bad day for someone over in Alpha Centauri?

Is today the Kevin Smith Weedforce episode? :What if we're, like, all connected by a force, Barry:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

FilthyImp posted:

^^was that from Mass Effect? Explaining that a Mass Driver miss would make for a very bad day for someone over in Alpha Centauri?

Is today the Kevin Smith Weedforce episode? :What if we're, like, all connected by a force, Barry:

it's Monday

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah, right when you get to the citadel in ME2.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

evenworse username posted:

In retrospect the best part about it was that Jay taught him that trick just so he could gently caress him over with it later.

Holy poo poo, this is hilarious. I'm just imagining Zolomon hyping himself up like "And next I'll teach him the lightning thing right before I go to fight him". What an rear end in a top hat.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Teddy Sears is on the newest Fatman on Batman. First of all, dude's tall, secondly he swears almost as much as Kevin Smith, and three he knew he was going to be Zoom from the outset.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I wonder how much of the episode will be hanging out inside the Speed Force vs finding out what happened to Wally and Jesse.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I wonder how much of the episode will be hanging out inside the Speed Force vs finding out what happened to Wally and Jesse.

95 / 5

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I already know how much Wally loves speed because he talks about how much he loves his natural ability to speed every episode he's in.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I'm just so gobsmacked that they did the same plot again, only worse. Why? Why would they do that? I mean, you can accuse Arrow of a lot of writing sins, but even they haven't outright repeated themselves yet.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

howe_sam posted:

Teddy Sears is on the newest Fatman on Batman. First of all, dude's tall, secondly he swears almost as much as Kevin Smith, and three he knew he was going to be Zoom from the outset.

Well don't link it or nothin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqXZWZDnbEo

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That would've been useful wouldn't it? :doh:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I mean we should have known from when Jay pointed out Hunter Zoloman when He was lookin for his doppelganger, everyone just thought the writers couldn't be that dumb to make him Zoom.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It's a really good interview, I like Teddy :unsmith:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Fat Man on Fast Man would have been a good title for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

That interview got me really psyched for the last 3 episodes. It also sounds like Teddy knows some details about Season 3, which presumably means he is going to be coming back? I am back to thinking man in mask is Earth 3 Jay Garrick still played by Sears.

• Locked thread