Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tony Phillips posted:

Buzz sure did provide proof of him attacking the other guy unprovoked

The guy apparently poked Buzz with the bible he was asking him to swear on which legally counts as assault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The guy apparently poked Buzz with the bible he was asking him to swear on which legally counts as assault

Buzz Aldrin or not, I'm all for the freedom to punch people who are getting in your face.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tony Phillips posted:

The guy was yelling in an old man's face and....

:fuckoff:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
While I firmly believe the moon landings happened, with how goddamn stupid the people running the country these days are I can understand why some people don't believe the assholes in charge got their poo poo together long enough to put a man on the moon.

Dude deserved that punch.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Tony Phillips posted:

Oh great here come the moon-truther conspiracist sympathisers :rolleyes:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/counter-strike-global-offensive/summit-molotov

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

BEEP BEEP GET THAT poo poo OFF THE RUNWAY

..I just realized that airplanes don't have horns. :v:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is a low bridge in Charlottesville VA this morning. Note that it has one of those things that lights up and warns you when you're overheight, but from the looks of it, whoever was driving that thing was cruising. And is probably wishing they purchased the extra insurance.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Aphrodite posted:

I always liked this one, because the guy gets great form on his kick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enBLNVOBVKE

drat that is a beautiful kick. Great form.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I don't understand, he killed the last guy on the other team, didn't he win the round regardless of him dying afterward?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ilmucche posted:

I don't understand, he killed the last guy on the other team, didn't he win the round regardless of him dying afterward?

From the Wikipedia article on CS:GO

quote:

Bomb Scenario: the Terrorists must plant a C4 explosive at one of two designated bombsites and protect it until its countdown finishes and detonates; the Counter-Terrorists must prevent the bomb from exploding, either ensuring that the terrorist team does not plant it or defusing it once it is planted. If the CT team does defuse it, the CT team will still win regardless how many enemy team members are still alive.

He died before he could defuse the bomb.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Tony Phillips posted:

Regardless of how you might feel about the use of violence in response to provocation, saying it's 'unprovoked' is disingenuous.

Getting in someone's path to block their way, then calling them a coward is, quite literally, provoking them - you've gone out of your way not only to physically force your way into their path, you are also insistently projecting your opinions onto them into their personal sphere. This man didn't want Buzz to be able to move around him, or ignore his words - he wanted a confrontation, and so he provoked it. The person who was attacked unprovoked here was Buzz Aldrin. That Mr. Aldrin reacts to confrontation with violence is one thing. But don't make it sound like guy was just minding his own business and Buzz came along and punched him.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

I love the genuine confusion of the announcer.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

For the record, Buzz Aldrin can punch me in the face while I'm minding my own business anytime he wants. That would be loving awesome.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I want it to go the other way. I want a reality series where Buzz Aldrin hunts down moon fakers and beats them up.

Like as he's holding some guy on the ground and knocks his teeth out, he could say "Don't worry kid, this is all being faked on a sound stage in Hollywood, none of this is actually happening!"

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Everyone talks about how sacred virginity is and that it needs to be a perfect unforgettable and romantic experience, because after all, it's your first time.

More so than that, I wanna lose my punched-right-in-the-face virginity to Buzz Aldrin.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Regardless of how you might feel about the use of violence in response to provocation, saying it's 'unprovoked' is disingenuous.

Getting in someone's path to block their way, then calling them a coward is, quite literally, provoking them - you've gone out of your way not only to physically force your way into their path, you are also insistently projecting your opinions onto them into their personal sphere. This man didn't want Buzz to be able to move around him, or ignore his words - he wanted a confrontation, and so he provoked it. The person who was attacked unprovoked here was Buzz Aldrin. That Mr. Aldrin reacts to confrontation with violence is one thing. But don't make it sound like guy was just minding his own business and Buzz came along and punched him.

Oh.

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

His quote is a call back to a few pages ago nerd. Everyone agrees Buzz Aldrin was in the right and is a badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcWweblGjnU&t=9s

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

But thanks for taking the heat off me dude

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Data Graham posted:

But thanks for taking the heat off me dude

You got it, dude.

Sheesh. I could watch videos of Buzz Aldrin straight up punching random people on the street for hours and I would do nothing but laugh.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://i.imgur.com/5AqbEBO.webm

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tony Phillips posted:

You got it, dude.

Sheesh. I could watch videos of Buzz Aldrin straight up punching random people on the street for hours and I would do nothing but laugh.

He seemed like an out-of-it old-timer on Space Ghost, but then it turns out apparently he was just playing it up or something, because:

http://www.gq.com/story/buzz-aldrin

quote:

He drives a zippy red 2014 M3 with the roof open to the California sun. He’s hugging tight to the bumper of a silver Chevy in front of him that will not move, his engine growling. He wears a pair of glasses over his sunglasses, and a blue NASA ball cap with red flames on the sides. He pulls around the Chevy with one quick motion and only inches to spare, nearly rams into a Camry, so he veers left, and with nothing now in the way he floors it, the sudden burst pitching his body back. Seventy miles an hour, eighty miles an hour down L.A.’s 405, zigging and zagging like a fighter pilot shooting down two Soviet MiG-15’s, which incidentally he once did, from the cockpit of an F-86 Sabre in Korea.

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 18:50 on May 9, 2016

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
We watched a programme the other day that featured land artist Andy Goldsworthy spending DAYS AND HOURS attempting a rather tricky sculpture, only for it to fall apart as he put the last stone on. Please excuse the video quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHEHBSzrxw

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can't say incidentally when you specifically constructed the reference! :argh:

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Reminds me of my favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBBK2hjcPuA

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Woodburger posted:

His quote is a call back to a few pages ago nerd. Everyone agrees Buzz Aldrin was in the right and is a badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcWweblGjnU&t=9s
On the other hand

"Buzz Aldrin regarding Global Warming posted:

I'm not necessarily of the school that we are causing it all, I think the world is causing it.
Yikes.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

From earlier in the thread I assume, but even more similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECkuV4eDZAE

Comics could practice for decades and not master timing so well.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/MatchPhotos/status/722135434717970433

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Woodburger posted:

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."

Maker Of Shoes posted:

On the other hand

Yikes.

He's right?

Global warming isn't a phenomenon caused explicitly by humanity. The planet is releasing greenhouse gasses from volcanic eruptions and other sources forever, and the planet has been going through cycles of global warming and cooling for it's entire history.

We're just throwing off the rhythm and increasing the peaks.

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."
damnit!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Yeah, were just trying to hash out how much anthropogenic global warming is playing the effect on the current trend of *the longest, wettest fart noise*

the floor is baklava
May 4, 2003

SHAME

TheStampede posted:

He's right?

Global warming isn't a phenomenon caused explicitly by humanity. The planet is releasing greenhouse gasses from volcanic eruptions and other sources forever, and the planet has been going through cycles of global warming and cooling for it's entire history.

We're just throwing off the rhythm and increasing the peaks.

I doubt that's what anyone would mean by saying something like that.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

This is incredible. Like a finely choreographed dance.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Maker Of Shoes posted:

On the other hand

Yikes.

he's allowed cause he's buzz loving aldrin

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I thought that quote meant, like, "Hey China is loving poo poo up too." "The World," does not typically refer to the actual earth, but rather the people living on it.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHu4Zv4S2fc

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Holy poo poo, an actual loose cannon. Didn't expect to see that in this day and age.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The old "Uncooked Spaghetti Down The Wife's Pants" prank never fails

http://i.imgur.com/b5WELjr.webm

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

It's a cardboard tube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Okay that makes a LOT more sense