Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Saw this in a theater. Thought it was pretty nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X72GUu9V0aw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Phanatic posted:

So she's allergic to *herself*?

I'll have to ask if she's tried. I'm not close enough to her to ask if cum does it to.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Man, if thats not a " Go gently caress yourself" from nature, I don't know what is.

Yeah, we both agree she should be dead if nature had any more say in it. Imagine knowing a bacon sandwich would kill you in a couple of hours.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Violet_Sky posted:

Burger King has a decent veggie burger IMO and KFC has a good fake chicken sandwich. I'd feel Mcdonalds would get more business if they added a veggie burger or something.

The veggie burger at McDonalds in the UK is tasty as gently caress. I used to get it when I lived there, it was like potato and carrots and peas mashed together then breaded and fried. The best part was since it wasn't ordered very often, they always had to make it fresh so it was super hot and crispy when I got it.

Burger King has (had?) a bean burger too, that was my favorite thing to order there. I was so sad when I moved to the US and couldn't find it here.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
BK still has the bean burger. If friends insist on eating fast food I'll go to Burger King because of that

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Clevermuldoon posted:

"Kids these days are all about 'e-moe-gees' and 'fist bundts.' Let's put those in an ad, pronto."

--An old white guy

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I'm just pissed off that no one gives a gently caress about the only good emoji, which is of course Japanese Goblin

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Clevermuldoon posted:

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"Kids these days are all about 'e-moe-gees' and 'fist bundts.' Let's put those in an ad, pronto."

--An old white guy

"don't forget to say 'on fleek'!" - middle aged white guy in marketing

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

No, see, this is hilarious.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Failing to register <brandname>.org:

http://www.powerade.org/

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Platystemon posted:

Failing to register <brandname>.org:

http://www.powerade.org/

I love these. Hope the culprit gets paid a shitton.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Why that one and not powera.de?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Clevermuldoon posted:

I saw it paired with the new Meghan Trainor video. It was probably the worst 10 minutes of my life.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Clevermuldoon posted:

I feel sorry for the ladies involved in this: odds are, it's probably the only time they will be on TV and it's not really something that you can feel proud about, or want to tell your grandchildren.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

spog posted:

I feel sorry for the ladies involved in this: odds are, it's probably the only time they will be on TV and it's not really something that you can feel proud about, or want to tell your grandchildren.

I doubt it. I used to know a guy who did T.V. commercials. It was a side job for him. He was sometimes a T.V. or movie extra, too.

If you already have experience in the industry, why not continue? It’s not your fault the commercial was lame.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
do people really get attached to those boring rear end emojis

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tired Moritz posted:

do people really get attached to those boring rear end emojis

According to the interstitials, they're our "favorite emojis" :confused:

I really just wanted to watch Key and Peele rescue a cat.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Those chevy ads with the "real people not actors" who sound like they're repeating lines back to someone offscreen.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

According to the interstitials, they're our "favorite emojis" :confused:

I really just wanted to watch Key and Peele rescue a cat.

I want my actual favorite emojis: gritty teeth guy and skull.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

Those chevy ads with the "real people not actors" who sound like they're repeating lines back to someone offscreen.

Yeah, I think that's one of the things that gets me a bit. Like, its very clear they're actors.

That Robox
Mar 15, 2010
Does anyone remember a few years ago when gmail was becoming a thing, Yahoo mail announced you could now get an email address like

"(whatever)@ymail.com"

and immediately got torn to shreds by everyone for trying to imitate gmail while offering absolutely nothing new.

Around the same time they were offering

"(whatever)@rocketmail.com"

addresses too, which were mocked for also being nothing new, but now with an unnecessarily long name.

I don't actually know anyone who had one of those, and nobody I know seems to remember it but me.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TontoCorazon posted:

Yeah, I think that's one of the things that gets me a bit. Like, its very clear they're actors.

Actor implies competency at the craft.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

That Robox posted:

Does anyone remember a few years ago when gmail was becoming a thing, Yahoo mail announced you could now get an email address like

"(whatever)@ymail.com"

and immediately got torn to shreds by everyone for trying to imitate gmail while offering absolutely nothing new.

Around the same time they were offering

"(whatever)@rocketmail.com"

addresses too, which were mocked for also being nothing new, but now with an unnecessarily long name.

I don't actually know anyone who had one of those, and nobody I know seems to remember it but me.

I remember it because I run into those email addresses all the time.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

My dad still uses a rocketmail address. I have no idea why

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Xun posted:

My dad still uses a rocketmail address. I have no idea why

If the Rocket Power theme song plays when you load your email, it's understandable.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My email is ymail too, which is p weird.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

jojoinnit posted:

You don't think actors are real people?

I can sort of see Chevy picking attractive, well spoken, easily impressed people and using their real responses. Focus group stuff is pretty boring. If after a hour of inane questioning, one side of the conference room suddenly rose up and displayed a waxed and polished Chrysler, I'd probably be dazzled too until I realized what I was really looking at.

I still like the one where they focus-grouped kids who really like guys in trucks. According to my 10 year old, a lot of kids like Donald Trump too, so obviously building a brand around child-like opinions works.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I wouldn't be surprised if the "real people" in these types of ads know exactly what kind of reaction the advertisers want and that they get to be on TV if they deliver it. They're still acting, just not getting paid for it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

but like, what is life but acting, man? We are man, like, totally wearing masks every day of our lives. Do we be? Or do we just seem to be? What is being but acting? And it like, be can only be be when we get to the finale of seem.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

CommonShore posted:

but like, what is life but acting, man? We are man, like, totally wearing masks every day of our lives. Do we be? Or do we just seem to be? What is being but acting? And it like, be can only be be when we get to the finale of seem.

I'll have what this person's having

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Last Chance posted:

I'll have what this person's having

First year philosophy courses, helluva drug.

Sudsygoat
Jul 19, 2013

Christo posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the "real people" in these types of ads know exactly what kind of reaction the advertisers want and that they get to be on TV if they deliver it. They're still acting, just not getting paid for it.

Yeah, I was at a dealership a few weeks ago, and one of the other people waiting for service was asked to be in one. They just give a few lines to people who are already at the dealership with nothing better to do while waiting for an oil change or inspection.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

umalt posted:

First year philosophy courses, helluva drug.

First year philosophy courses, not even once!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Karma Monkey posted:

First year philosophy courses, not even once!

Friends don't let friends take PHIL101.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

We're totally in that cave looking at shadows, man. We need Neo to save us.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Mu Zeta posted:

We're totally in that cave looking at shadows, man. We need Neo to save us.

Ha, mixing your philosophy references, just like the Matrix series did! So meta! :stwoon:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tracula posted:

There's an ad I've seen and I can't decide if it's horrible or absolutely brilliant.

I can't think of the name of the game but it's some generic F2P crap thing on android, whatever. The ad for it is just anime girls with big tits running at each other, fine, usual fare. What's strange is I've seen a version of the ad where they censor their breasts for absolutely no reason and I cannot seem to dig it up anywhere. Honestly I'm gonna lean towards brilliant on that because it's gonna get dumb, horny gamers to go to the app store and download it out of curiosity if nothing else.

Sorry for being so vague :v: I'm trying to find out what the hell it was, I'll post again if I can dig anything up.

I play a decent amount of games on my phone, and while I can't remember the name either, I see both a blurred and unblurred version of this ad all the time.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/10/11648388/budweiser-renaming-beer-america

Well that's... special.

Budweiser is renaming itself to America for the summer.

quote:

America, as you may be aware, is also the name of a country. Budweiser doesn't seem to mind this conflation, and instead seems to view its name choice as something of a patriotic duty. The rebranding is a nod to the 2016 presidential race, Fast Co Design reports, and the cans will reportedly go back to normal after the November election. Tosh Hall, the creative director at the branding firm behind the name change, delivered a really perfect nonsense statement to Fast Co: "We thought nothing was more iconic than Budweiser and nothing was more iconic than America." Nothing is more iconic than Budweiser, except perhaps America, and nothing is more iconic than America, except perhaps Budweiser.

Reminder that Budweiser is owned by Anheuser-Busch who are a Blegian-Brazilian company.

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 17:19 on May 10, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

quote:

Nothing is more iconic than Budweiser, except perhaps America, and nothing is more iconic than America, except perhaps Budweiser.

are freedoms :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

In a Gift of the Magi-esque twist, Congress renames America as Bud Light Lime