Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It was fun and no one bitched about anything whatsoever. Please take note.

Sorry, I can't ~get it up~ tanks-wise without the involvement of fake-military-level planning put into poo poo like chip movements, metagaming with other clans to ~maintain the dynasty~, and managing T10 gold subsidies. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Steelion posted:

If every artillery were rebalanced to be similar to the 304 (faster firing, less damage, more accurate) I would not complain. Keep the gun arcs/ranges the same though, let the Brits keep their plunging fire gimmick.

Artillery was like this in Armoured Warfare, and people still bitched about it so hard it got nerfed down even lower.

Mean time, same people were whizzing around the battlefield in wheeled armoured cars that were so fast you had to have a sub-20 ping to have a hope of hitting them, while firing ATGMs that could two-shot MBTs.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Nothing new there, the same tryhards that are endlessly bitching about arty are now seen firing HEAT from their M44s because it's the padding method of the month.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

every time I play this game I have purple stats that I don't deserve in any way any more and I just pretend all arty is aiming at me at all times and I rarely get hit by it except a full hp side shot in an e-50

The takeaway from this is that german tanks are bad

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Ah, gotta love tanks. Brings out the best of us. :allears:

Speaking of which, PANSY had a nice Stronghold group for a few hours last night. Everyone was cool, listened, cooperated, and most of all it was fun. Someone fucks up, we get destroyed, we lose terribly.... oh well, who cares. poo poo happens, especially in WoT.

It was fun and no one bitched about anything whatsoever. Please take note.

Yeah. It was so much fun I didn't mind us ending on a loss. Normally when I play solo or in a platoon I only stop playing after I get a win, but I was having enough fun that I didn't care we lost at the end.

I also made the happy discovery that the KV-85 with the 100mm basically does the damage per shot and DPM of a T44 at T6. Much better than waiting 19 seconds for the 122 to reload. If strongholds become a regular thing, I might pimp it out with some equipment. Rammer , VStab, Optics?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Pretty sure KV-85 can't mount a vstab? Probably rammer, vents, gun laying drive(optics okay to).

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 8, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Oh, okay. I'm probably going to take optics over vents or GLD, the view range could use a bump.

Kerrow
Mar 18, 2011

ZERO-G HERO
Lets play "Guess the tank"

Never expected to get a steel wall in SU-122-44 http://i.imgur.com/KHyUE4F.jpg?1

Kerrow fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 8, 2016

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^^ That thing is great. I bounce poo poo all the time due to the heavily angled front. Including APCR, etc regularly. When I'm retreating back I turn it at an angle so it's a SUPER ANGLE... and a lot of the time it will bounce the would be killing shots on me. Also, it doesn't play like a regular TD which is great because I'm not the best at those. And, it's my #2 go to credit making machine behind the T34. Glad I bought it.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Sorry, I can't ~get it up~ tanks-wise without the involvement of fake-military-level planning put into poo poo like chip movements, metagaming with other clans to ~maintain the dynasty~, and managing T10 gold subsidies. :(

It is a struggle we all must face. I will always be standing at your side comrade. We will endure. :ussr:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 8, 2016

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Skoda T 25 is like really good.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Kerrow posted:

Lets play "Guess the tank"

Never expected to get a steel wall in SU-122-44 http://i.imgur.com/KHyUE4F.jpg?1

Tier 7?
Cause the SU-122-44 bounces more than it should, which is one reason why I like it so much.

Infected posted:

Nothing new there, the same tryhards that are endlessly bitching about arty are now seen firing HEAT from their M44s because it's the padding method of the month.

Pretty much.
Also, if someone starts the game bitching about arty in all-chat, I will try to make sure that the player in question gets a shell, just in order to savour the delicious tears.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

This loving patch, man. I found these two idiots piled up against the pillbox, after like less than a minute in the game. I couldn't even see the AMX at first. They were platooned up, so I guess maybe this is a thing now? Either way, I got double tapped while I was nudging them to safety and they actually gave me stick for not helping them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've said it before.... the new physics will never stop being hilarious.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The new physics make fast tanks a quagmire for me on this laptop and connection. Even on the lowest settings, there's a split-second glitch every time a spotted vehicle close to me renders. Add to that a ping of 80-100ms on occasion, and proxyspotting a tank locks my machine up for a little over a second. This isn't a problem in my O-Ho, but when you're zipping around in your Bulldog, that's a second of over/understeering, not breaking or whatever, and it ends up with me careening off cliffs or straight into heavies.

:smith:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The new physics make fast tanks a quagmire for me on this laptop and connection. Even on the lowest settings, there's a split-second glitch every time a spotted vehicle close to me renders. Add to that a ping of 80-100ms on occasion, and proxyspotting a tank locks my machine up for a little over a second. This isn't a problem in my O-Ho, but when you're zipping around in your Bulldog, that's a second of over/understeering, not breaking or whatever, and it ends up with me careening off cliffs or straight into heavies.

:smith:

I've said it before.... the new physics will never stop being hilarious.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
glitch out and ram an O-Ho with your bulldog

Ultron
Nov 12, 2005
Low in fat
Hopefully another round of dongholds tonight if there are enough Pansy faggots and closet goons legionaries on.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

R. Mute posted:

This loving patch, man. I found these two idiots piled up against the pillbox, after like less than a minute in the game. I couldn't even see the AMX at first. They were platooned up, so I guess maybe this is a thing now? Either way, I got double tapped while I was nudging them to safety and they actually gave me stick for not helping them.

Turn off Assault and Encounter for slightly less terrible players. Also faster tanks backing up tend to go straight up walls, and once your tracks leave the ground you can no longer stop it - continuing to go back will flatten you up against the wall, driving forward will climb your other track closer to the wall. The only way to get out of it is to reach the end of the wall one way or the other before losing traction with the ground.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hey, anyone else have a mod hiccup where the siren also sounds when you're capping the enemy base? I've updated mods a few times and it persists, and it's pretty confusing!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Hey, anyone else have a mod hiccup where the siren also sounds when you're capping the enemy base? I've updated mods a few times and it persists, and it's pretty confusing!

No, it's a 9.14 thing. Also if the enemy caps your base and then leaves, the siren sound will keep going.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

No, it's a 9.14 thing. Also if the enemy caps your base and then leaves, the siren sound will keep going.

loving LOL, Wargaming. :rolleyes: It's incomprehensible how they can manage to gently caress up things as simple as the capping siren, and things they shouldn't even be touching. Is dicking around with the siren how they're going to add new maps or rebalance armor?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Well to be fair, if an enemy made it to your base, the roof is on fire anyway 90% of the time.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

loving LOL, Wargaming. :rolleyes: It's incomprehensible how they can manage to gently caress up things as simple as the capping siren, and things they shouldn't even be touching. Is dicking around with the siren how they're going to add new maps or rebalance armor?

Well, you are also talking about the other fun bugs like esc sometimes not working unless you hit f1 first. And also the fact that alt-tabbing while the game loads can cause the game to black screen taking the whole system into black screen with it.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
IS-7

Queue:
Cruiser Mk.IV
FCM 36
AMX 38

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Christie Combat Car T1 and Convertible Medium Tank T3

:britain:
Tetrarch in the USSR
17-pdr
Medium Tank Mk.II

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
T-60
ZIK-20
IS-3
T-12 and T-24 NEW

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS

:japan:
SR tanks

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hellsau posted:

had this happen multiple times

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

This is such a minor bug that I don't really care. Compared to the poo poo I've seen from other games, the siren sometimes continuing for mysterious reasons is fine. They changed the sound engine very recently so at least there's some reason for it to not function.

So I play Magic the Gathering: Online, right? They came out with a set of reprints. There was a card reprinted called "Blinding Beam". It's a really good card - and it did not function at all. It just did nothing. The original version of that card, same name/text/function? It worked like normal. How does one card just not work when the same card with a different little symbol on it does?

When the short 88 on the VK3002D functions normally, and the short 88 on the VK3601h automatically ammo racks French vehicles (and only French vehicles) then we'll talk. Until then, I'll settle for physics glitches, sound bugs and other minor poo poo. Just fix #snapshotmeta.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Hellsau posted:

When the short 88 on the VK3002D functions normally, and the short 88 on the VK3601h automatically ammo racks French vehicles (and only French vehicles) then we'll talk.

Talk about how we need to keep that forever? Finally a reason to use the new 3601. RIP one of my favorite mediums.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Hellsau posted:

When the short 88 on the VK3002D functions normally, and the short 88 on the VK3601h automatically ammo racks French vehicles (and only French vehicles) then we'll talk. Until then, I'll settle for physics glitches, sound bugs and other minor poo poo. Just fix #snapshotmeta.

How about when the Pz III had no mantlet hitbox, or when the hitbox of the pseudo-turret on the 53/55 was raised a good metre into the air? When neither of those vehicles were supposed to be touched at all that patch?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

How about when the Pz III had no mantlet hitbox, or when the hitbox of the pseudo-turret on the 53/55 was raised a good metre into the air? When neither of those vehicles were supposed to be touched at all that patch?

Oh man that ghost M53 was a hilariously bad bug. That's the kind of poo poo I'm talking about - stuff that in no way should be touched and yet are colossally broken.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I enjoyed the Su-85b bug for over a year. :smug:

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
I had an absolutely terrible string of games last night in the Pershing. I think it took me either 7 or 8 games to get my double. By that point, I was so close to unlocking the top gun that I just had to grind out a few more (losses). At least I did unlock the top 90mm. So, I have that to look forward to. Playing in an undergunned tier 8 is loving brutal, and it's not like the Pershing is super mobile or heavily armored for a medium tank either.

I think all I have left to unlock on the Pershing is the top turret. Looking forward to the extra view range, but are there any other hidden benefits the top turret brings, like a RoF boost?

edit: Niiiiiice. After last night, my WR in the Pershing now stands at 37% after 46 games.

I swear I wasn't playing THAT bad for the most part. It was one of those nights where none of the pubbies go to your side of the map or provide support in any way, shape or form. Either that, or you're fighting, and you look up at the scoreboard to discover that you're losing 14-3 after 3 min. What a horrible/brutal evening of tanks. Guess I need to platoon more and stop solo-pubbing tier 8's.

Also, does anyone know why I have 2 days of premium currently?

M.C. McMic fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 9, 2016

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

yeah, it's actually armored

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

O-Ho is love.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Prav posted:

yeah, it's actually armored

The armor is decent to good against tier 8's. However, when you're playing what seems like 75% of your games against tier 10's, it is effectively unarmored.

edit: (especially when you're playing without the top turret. I'm peaking ridges with 100mm of turret armor, and everything pens me, it seems.)

M.C. McMic fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 9, 2016

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

When finals and peeping college buttes is over this week, I'm playing the gently caress out of mine and delivering 15cm imperial justice aplenty.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Hey, Sub. Thanks again for gifting my poor rear end the Crom B. This tank is a fun as balls, and now I finally have a solid T6 that won't leave the garage and isn't a pure gimmick tank *cough* KV-2 is tsar of all things *cough*. Hit me up anytime for 'toons and hopefully some night we actually get a full crew of dongholders together before I pass out for the night.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

When finals and peeping college buttes is over this week, I'm playing the gently caress out of mine and delivering 15cm imperial justice aplenty.

Vacation times are the drat worst. Since I'm able to I like playing mostly an hour here and there on weekdays (US Eastern time). It seems to be mostly grandpas on who are sometimes competent and tend not poo poo up chat. Until I start making GBS threads it up anyway.

While I'm here. What are some well rounded non-premium T6 tanks to keep in the garage these days? I have a regular Cromwell and E8, but other than that I have odd things or stuff I'll be selling once their replacements are researched.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Captain Blaargh posted:

What are some well rounded non-premium T6 tanks to keep in the garage these days? I have a regular Cromwell and E8, but other than that I have odd things or stuff I'll be selling once their replacements are researched.

Here's a few:

M6 heavy
KV-2
T-34-85

I'm only really familiar with American and Soviet tanks at this point. Someone else would need to point you in the right direction in regards to all the other nations.

Also, to all the people in the thread who keep asking if they should buy the Berlin tanks: YES, you absolutely should. They're all good to amazing tanks, and you get free BIA on all of the crews. It's by far the best premium tank deal around, I feel.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain Blaargh posted:

While I'm here. What are some well rounded non-premium T6 tanks to keep in the garage these days? I have a regular Cromwell and E8, but other than that I have odd things or stuff I'll be selling once their replacements are researched.

Get the Skoda T25, it's pretty amazing. I'm also unrepentant A-43 apologist because I absolutely love that tank.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Skoda T-25 is a pretty solid tank for tier 6. KV-85 is still good at tier 6 too. I like the AMX 12 T but I also like bad tanks. Tier 6 has quite a few good ones really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
So I'm pretty new to the game. Also pretty bad, but that said:

WHAT THE gently caress IS WITH THE MATCHMAKING.

I get that they want to prioritize quick matchmaking, but as a T3, more than half of my games (I'd say 3/4 at least?) have half the enemy team as T5s, this is just... stupid and unfun.

Tier mismatches in warships seemed silly and annoying, but less bad than this, because at least you didn't have armor penetration to worry about there (Well, sorry, for citadel hits you obviously did, but torps didn't care)

I would happily have 3x the queue time if I was mostly against same-tier tanks. At least there hitting them in the side/back etc at these tiers could still possibly do something. Instead, I'm a light tank and go SLOWER than their higher tier mediums (and sometimes heavies, I think?)

It's bad enough that it makes me question the idea of even continuing to play.