Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I said I wanted to start this thing like 3 days ago didn't I?

Ugh.

I'll try to run one this afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

stab a dude spermy

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

RIP Spermy Smurf

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy lied, thread died

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
I hope you're happy Munki, you finally drove him away.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

FINALLY. This pathetic thread is just collateral damage, totally worth it.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

I still love this.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'm assuming the first fight was one with antwoman and spermy lost it so comically bad that he's basically just throwing the game on the floor and ragequitting on us all.

A fine outcome, indeed.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Bad Munki posted:

I'm assuming the first fight was one with antwoman and spermy lost it so comically bad that he's basically just throwing the game on the floor and ragequitting on us all.

A fine outcome, indeed.

While I agree that that is probably what happened, I still think it's your fault somehow :colbert:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Credit accepted.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Like a bad smell in your fridge, I'm back right when you think I'm gone forever!

:siren: Round 16, Fight 3 :siren:

Hell's Dentists (11-4), the home team, is on the left side of the arena.
Madmartigan (gbuchold) is a male molemarian. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears an iron cap and leather gauntlets.
The Abominable Gladiator (Pickled Tink) is a female yeti. She is empty handed and wears a bronze cap, a copper mail shirt, a bronze mail shirt, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
In Like Flynn (grobbendonk) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, a copper breast plate, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Krog Bonesmasha (astus) is a male elf. He wields a copper war hammer and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, leather armor, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.

Spooky Scary Skeletons (7-8), the visiting team, is on the right side of the arena.
Tash Al'rhyn (tithin) is a female werewolf. She wields a silver war hammer and a wooden shield and wears a silver cap, a copper mail shirt, a bronze mail shirt, copper greaves, leather gauntlets, and copper low boots.
Three Gremlins in a Blender (AJ_Impy) is a male strangler. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Bad Munki (Coward) is a male kobold. He wields a steel bow and wears a leather cap.
Candy Corn Tiger (Klokwurk) is a male tigerman. He wields an iron halberd and a wooden shield and wears a bronze helm, an iron mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and iron high boots.

Hell's Dentists is a 1.03 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 3089.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 3013.00 dwarfbucks for Spooky Scary Skeletons .

It's the start of the final three rounds, the re-institution of homefield advantage, and time for rematches. Last time, Spooky Scary beat up the Dentists 4-0. This time, though, it's the much more seasoned Dentists who have the skill advantage. Will they have their revenge, or will the Spooks beat them up again?

Welp.Bad Munki somehow shoots entirely past Madmartigan.

Battlelines come together. Defenses hold for the first few strikes. Then Krog breaks Candy Corn's hand. The tiger loses his halberd. That changes the balance of power somewhat. Abominable picks up a tige dammit, wolf by the toe and throws her, then does the anime "appear on the other side of someone you just threw for a combo" thing. Tash is still in the air as Abominable punches her hand to red mush. She drops her hammer. Then Tash slams into Abominable. Because duh. I don't know what else you expected to happen when you get in the way of a flying person.

Another shot fired. As it comes out, Madmartigan chops off Tash's arm. That's the shield lost, as well. The arrow rips through Madmartigan's muscular neck, doing nothing of import. Madmartigan removes another arm from Tash. Tash decides gently caress arms anyways, and bites Abominable in the neck, wolf jaws closing in hard. Sadly, the more muscular Abominable shakes her off and grabs her tongue.

This is still an incredibly defensive game. Only Tash and Candy Corn have had any attacks they didn't shake off. Madmartigan removes more arm-bits from Tash. Abominable bends one of the wolf's legs in a way it's not designed to go, and she falls over. Even there, she tries to bite Abominable, but Abominable grabs her by the teeth to hold off the bite. Flynn removes the damaged limb for Tash. She's now down to just her left leg and nothing else, Black Knight style.

Another shot. It misses Krog, but tears a massive hole through Abominable's shoulder. Abominable is instantly overcome by pain.

Flynn removes Tash's left leg.

:siren: We have someone down by all four limbs! :siren: Krog puts a hammer to Three Gremlins' belly, and the strangler pukes up, oh, at least one and a quarter gremlins.

The fight's gradually turning the way I expected it to. Apart from Abominable's condition, the Dentists are slowly wearing down Spooky Scary. Still, no one's died. Not even Tash, who is attempting to bite Abominable's head off, very literally. Flynn kicks Tash in the teeth and she bleeds to death. That was clearly the fatal blow, right?

Madmartigan removes another bit off of Three Gremlins'. He's down and unable to stand, too. Krog does a one-two swing breaking apart Three Gremlins' second left arm in a couple of places, and keeps up the pressure. More bones snap under his hammer.

Arrow flies. Flynn gets in the way. It rips through his intestines, and what remains of his digestive system turns inside-out. Not going to lie--Bad Munki is carrying this team so far. Sadly, though, his allies aren't able to follow up for kills. Three Gremlins is mercilessly beaten unconscious by Krog's hammer. Flynn tries to steal the kill, but Krog is more lethal.

That leaves just Candy Corn as the sole melee member of his team. And he's been trying to figure out how to beat a yeti and mole to death with a piece of wood, so don't count on him for much.

At least he's stalling well.

Krog dances around another arrow. He actually has to do it twice; first he jumps away, then dodges Candy Corn, then the arrow a second time. Krog then breaks the tiger's leg.

An ear is smashed. By a thousand cuts, Candy Corn will die at this rate.

A miracle occurs. Bad Munki shoots straight through Madmartigan's spine. The mole is paralyzed... but only from the waist down. It's too late, though. Krog breaks enough of the tiger that Candy Corn is out. Krog smashes his head. That's not going to make a very good trophy any more.

Another arrow. Madmartigan catches it on his shield. No more miracles. Bad Munki is alone. He dances. He dances for his life. He's incredibly slippery. He shoots Flynn through the arm, and the dwarf loses his pick and collapses in pain. That basically leaves... Krog.

A final duel. And, um, it's not likely, but it's not inconceivable Bad Munki could win this. Then Madmartigan drags himself over by his fingertips. He puts a pick in the kobold's foot. Distracted, Bad Munki doesn't see Krog's hammer swinging. Spine breaks. Madmartigan removes his head.

Kills
Madmartigan: 1
In Like Flynn: 1
Krog Bonesmasha: 2

Combat Log

ZeeToo fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 2, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I notice Jimbo appeared in the fight and did something.

Could be a typo, or you could be planning on loving Jimbos team over like I am in about 12hrs...

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spermy Smurf posted:

I notice Jimbo appeared in the fight and did something.

Could be a typo, or you could be planning on loving Jimbos team over like I am in about 12hrs...

Look, I can't help it if all "Dwarf 1"s look alike!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Well uh, gently caress at least Tash is tanky. Jesus.

Tash for mvp of that match :gonk:

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Just thought I would let my team know I sold my whip.

And brought a new whip.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The dentists get their revenge. :(

Given how much defences dominated for a large portion of the fight, the Skeletons might have been in with a chance given the archer, but Candy Corn getting disarmed early likely put paid to that. A valiant if ultimately unsuccessful effort.

Madmartigan and Krog both hit double figures, with In Like Flynn hitting 24 kills, a division and a half by himself.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
On a somewhat related note: Anyone played "Out There" ? Steam, IOS, Android.

Christ thats addictive. One more ending to get, then back to bloodletting.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

On a somewhat related note: Anyone played "Out There" ? Steam, IOS, Android.

Christ thats addictive. One more ending to get, then back to bloodletting.

Yeah it a good game especially for my daily commute.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Has anyone done a Trump-themed fighter yet? If not, then for the next tournament I bagsy a Troll called Donald J Thump

Edit: Just remembered Trump's Vicious Discharge. In all fairness... he's not been all that memorable so far.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
sad!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I'm going to post every day in an increasingly annoying manner until things start moving again

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Sorry. I bought Rebuild 3 and I am a completionist which you all clearly understand by my complete abandonment of this thread.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
'Completionist'. Heh.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Sorry. I bought Rebuild 3 and I am a completionist which you all clearly understand by my complete abandonment of this thread.

:argh:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
But seriously. Where do you get the monkey blood? This fuckin game...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

But seriously. Where do you get the monkey blood? This fuckin game...

It unlocks after the current tournament is over. True story!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
While you're waiting, a new DF LP has just begun in case anyone hadn't noticed.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Maugrim posted:

While you're waiting, a new DF LP has just begun in case anyone hadn't noticed.

Speaking of which, and for completely unrelated reasons, where would you more lore-knowledgable people say the Arena Challenge takes place?
I'm absolutely not asking because there will be a crossover event (or a brief cameo, judging by my luck) involving everyone's favorite MVP Urist McLee~

And by "take place" I mean, is it in some kind of afterlife or purgatory? Maybe somewhere in the space between the realms of dwarfhalla, werewolfhalla, molemanhalla, and every other -halla?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Fuubi posted:

Speaking of which, and for completely unrelated reasons, where would you more lore-knowledgable people say the Arena Challenge takes place?
I'm absolutely not asking because there will be a crossover event (or a brief cameo, judging by my luck) involving everyone's favorite MVP Urist McLee~

And by "take place" I mean, is it in some kind of afterlife or purgatory? Maybe somewhere in the space between the realms of dwarfhalla, werewolfhalla, molemanhalla, and every other -halla?

Dwarfhalla, canonically. Using the loosest possible definition of canonically.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Fuubi posted:

This is an excellent question. I kind of assumed that we were all malevolent deities of some kind. When a fight happens, the commissioner makes a new pocket dimension exactly the size of the arena, grabs the fighters' souls off the cosmic soul rack, shoves them into the bodies the managers picked for them, and forces them to fight. After the fight is over that pocket dimension is closed and the souls go back on the rack. Or something.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Fuubi posted:

Indianapolis, Indiana. After a fight Apeliminator and I head out to the local Coldstone. It's good.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

alcharagia posted:

Indianapolis, Indiana. After a fight Apeliminator and I head out to the local Coldstone. It's good.

The actual fighting takes place in the parking lot of a local convenience store chain I assume?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ramc posted:

The actual fighting takes place in the parking lot of a local convenience store chain I assume?

Actually, it's the vacant lot recently vacated by the world's last Blockbuster.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

alcharagia posted:

Actually, it's the vacant lot recently vacated by the world's last Blockbuster.

If this canon involves us watching the fights from the inside of a derelict Blockbuster retail space I have very mixed feelings about it.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Fuubi posted:

It isn't. Someone give Bad Munki a cattle prod and point him at Spermy Smurf.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I like how Spermy Smurf is now held solely responsible when fights aren't run. Whatever happened to... *looks at OP" Jazzimus, Silverminnow, Galick and possibly Anchors?

Personally I had the foresight to back out of commissionering before this crazy huge tournament started

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am still tempted to just run them and post the results. No writeup, no pics, just a "The Petting Zoo wins 4-0"

Just one post with the next 3 rounds of fights all done like that.

I got the monkey blood, now there's some ending I can't get in the game. I'm seriously gonna need to look it up.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Fuubi posted:

I did a little piece of Art in the beginning but basically i Hold that the gods (us) gather our champions and such so that Armok doesn't kill us by remaking the Universe.
We probably got some sort of Mount Olympus place we get together to hold these deathmatches.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Spermy Smurf posted:

I am still tempted to just run them and post the results. No writeup, no pics, just a "The Petting Zoo wins 4-0"

Just one post with the next 3 rounds of fights all done like that.

I got the monkey blood, now there's some ending I can't get in the game. I'm seriously gonna need to look it up.

I wouldn't object. Maybe go halfway, and just do a short summary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Well, since there's an LP on the way, is anyone willing to practice overseership by running some arena fights? :v: