Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
To whoever was asking about leveling I think there is some caveat to save exp cards level 7 and 8. When you get 165 you need them to get to 175 as that is a grinding dead zone? Something like that anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

You should shoot for 190 with cards

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Blazing Zero posted:

highly, highly recommend this map. if you follow it and eat cards to stay about 5 levels lower than the map level you cant go wrong. also do dungeons and the merc missions once you hit fedimian at lvl 100
Someone made this spreadsheet in this thread. It's that map but in an actual human readable format.

Nyandaber Z
Apr 8, 2009
Is there a way to manage your collections without going crazy? I can't find a way to know quickly if a item is useful or if it's NPC food, I have to check manually every collection when I'm on a trip to town to offload my backpack.

DataDyne
Oct 6, 2005

Happy as a birb can be.

Khorne posted:

Someone made this spreadsheet in this thread. It's that map but in an actual human readable format.

The spreadsheet deserves to go in the OP, That's how useful it is. Good job to whoever made it.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Okay so the guild will almost definitely be full by tonight, there's only a few slots left. When it fills up I'm gonna start kicking people who are low level and/or who I don't know, so be prepared. No hard feelings about being kicked. If you have any complaints, tough poo poo, grind your own Templar to R7. :commissar:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Also I plan on leaving one slot open to rotate in people to donate Talt. It's all your fault if you don't donate Talt! :mad:

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Is this game as much of a tire fire as the steam reviews and official forums / subreddit would lead me to believe, or is this a histrionic community of hyperfans just crying and making GBS threads themselves over launch hiccups?

Scoss fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 9, 2016

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The game does have a lot of issues. I still think it's fun, but those people aren't completely wrong

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Scoss posted:

Is this game as much of a tire fire as the steam reviews and official forums / subreddit would lead me to believe, or is this a histrionic community of hyperfans just crying and making GBS threads themselves over launch hiccups?

It's not as bad as they say but it's also not very good

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is this still going F2P tomorrow or have they pushed it back again?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

a messed up horse posted:

Is this still going F2P tomorrow or have they pushed it back again?

It's still on for tomorrow.

and I would say the game is definitely a tire fire, but a really chill tire fire where you can hang out and wear a flan on your head

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Scoss posted:

It depends what you want it to be.

Serious and complete game? Tire fire.
Fun with potential for great future updates? Fun.

Ragnarok was a worse tire fire prior to comodo, arguably prior to turtle island/war of emperium. They've laid the groundwork for some potentially good stuff, but some of the groundwork is also flawed. So play it until it's not fun and don't expect instant updates fixing everything.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 9, 2016

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I have more fun taking things slow and pretending to care about the quest line than I did rushing in the iCBT fwiw to new players.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Wait.. there is a actual story here?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

forge posted:

Wait.. there is a actual story here?

The goddesses help people. It's bad they're in sleep

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

also something about a tree

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Wow, this whole time I thought this was an elaborate anime pillow design program.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

also something about a tree

I think the tree is evil.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I am the revelator alongside the other 10k revelators

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Didn't they mention early on that the revelator was hidden among a bunch of fake revelators? To protect them from being targeted by demons? I thought that was a funny way of handwaving it.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

forge posted:

Wow, this whole time I thought this was an elaborate anime pillow design program.

theres definitely some pillows with tos characters on them

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Tree of savior, at its core, is a game about enchanting hats in my limited experience

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I know there's a lot of trap choices in the game, so someone give me a suggestion for solid no-nonsense character builds for each archetype as starter characters. Ideally something that solos effectively. I'd like to start with and archer or wizard type character since I've played them the least.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
So when I log in, it asks me for a team name. Is there one specific the goon group, or do I just put in whatever?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
The team name is just your account nickname really, it's like a family name that appears on all your characters. Use whatever you like.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Scoss posted:

I know there's a lot of trap choices in the game, so someone give me a suggestion for solid no-nonsense character builds for each archetype as starter characters. Ideally something that solos effectively. I'd like to start with and archer or wizard type character since I've played them the least.
For pve the current fad classes are:

wizard: wizard3/elementalist3/warlock is very popular right now. There are other builds they just aren't so popular, probably because archer/cleric are seen as stronger dps this patch.
cleric: support cleric2/priest3/?/plague doctor the ? is chaplain generally, and it's common to go cleric1/priest3/chaplain/cleric2/plague doc I think
dps cleric2/diev3/druid/either druid2 or plague doctor - one of the highest dps characters in the end game, dominates world bosses, can support in dungeons into the 200s, dps is immobile though because its owl statues require pulls around them
archer: archer3/quarrel shooter3/cannoneer is the fad right now I think, but there are fletcher and archer2/qs3/scout or falconer/musketeer builds as well
swordsman: this class is pretty bad right now relative to the other 3 in pve. If you grab pelt1 can tank and at least off tank in earth tower and some people run full con pelt3s who literally just tank. But pelt3 is awful to level. If you are going a pve build dopple is supposed to be the most competitive rank7 choice, but I don't know the ideal build up to it.

Stat wise most of those do the same thing: enough con to not die (so ~20k-22k hp with gear) and then whatever primary stat for the build. Pelt3 generally goes full con because its damage is irrelevant, but I recommend against going that route unless you have a really good reason. Archer may do something a bit different with dex I'm not 100% clear on archer builds, but swordsman doesn't really want dex for pve because you always hit, evasion is not very good at all, and in order for crit to be better than just going straight str you need an obscenely high attack or some baked in crit rate that swordsman just don't have access to right now.

There are tons more viable combinations, and the game is going to have balance patches and new content that might invalidate popular builds or boost up other builds. It's also likely not completely figured out.

With all that said, almost every class can level fine. And there are a few more strong meta builds than the ones I listed above. Things like support wizard, wiz1/cryo1/linker2/chrono3 for pure pve, wiz1/cryo3/chrono3 is also popular and supposed to be decent in pvp, both of those generally go full con, and a bunch of other builds. Also, for pvp things change drastically. If you don't care about playing class combination of the patch then almost everything is viable.

Also, releveling kind of sucks if you choose something awful. I have a cleric2/krivis3 and that class is straight garbage. You can support fine but you're left wondering why you're just not a priest because priests buffs do the same thing but better and the things you get as Krivis aren't good. Zaibas has a fixed area attack ratio of 1 and too long of a cooldown for the damage it does relative to diev3's stuff. Daino is completely invalidated by pardoner scrolls that give it.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 10, 2016

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I'm following this Fletcher guide from TOSbase just to get me rolling http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/xdsm1mvlbx/

He's advising 4 STR: 2DEX: 1CON, is that bad?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Scoss posted:

I'm following this Fletcher guide from TOSbase just to get me rolling http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/xdsm1mvlbx/

He's advising 4 STR: 2DEX: 1CON, is that bad? Should I go full STR instead?
Probably not. Archer is different because they actually have high enough attack abilities where dex could be good, and they get bonus crit rate. I don't know the math for archer stuff, but it looks like fletcher has abilities that might pass up ~3200 attack which is the threshold for dex surpassing str at the current max level stuff. There is this spreadsheet for crit stuff if you want to be a big nerd. I didn't check the math but no one has really disputed it yet.

Fletcher is also decent from what I have heard, but I haven't seen any.

There are a few classes that are really bad, but most classes are decent in this game. Even swordsman do fine in the current content. My next character will likely be some kind of swordsman or a pvp wizard with a weird build.

edit: vv Boss killer stuff is pretty cool. Those dailies are a slog with most random groups.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 10, 2016

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

the best wiz build I have ever seen is

wiz3/pyro1/cryo1/psycho1/runecaster1 (not leveling in that order of course)

set up a small ice wall prison with 2 fireballs inside, have wiz3's fast cast on (more damage attribute) and RC's ice damage bonus on, psychic pressure the prison so all the ice bolts hit boss

Pressure triggers ice bolts from the wall directly and also triggers the fireball shotgun blast which hits the prison and triggers more ice bolts

Dirty rear end Eating Mole + Rough Gay Golem + Crazy Woodspirit went from 90% hp to 5% in, not joking, about 5 seconds. This build is a boss dps machine.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

quote:

dps cleric2/diev3/druid/either druid2 or plague doctor - one of the highest dps characters in the end game, dominates world bosses, can support in dungeons into the 200s, dps is immobile though because its owl statues require pulls around them

as a lvl 229 cl2/di3/dr2, id also point out that the highest dps skill that the doctor has can be overwritten by other PD's. plague doctor is an insanely popular class because it has a lot of damage and really good support skills. therefore, going PD for world bossing is terrible but its good at everything else.

druid2 however is good everywhere but you lose out on the support skills PD has.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

set up a small ice wall prison with 2 fireballs inside, have wiz3's fast cast on (more damage attribute) and RC's ice damage bonus on, psychic pressure the prison so all the ice bolts hit boss

Pressure triggers ice bolts from the wall directly and also triggers the fireball shotgun blast which hits the prison and triggers more ice bolts

Dirty rear end Eating Mole + Rough Gay Golem + Crazy Woodspirit went from 90% hp to 5% in, not joking, about 5 seconds. This build is a boss dps machine.

was the person who killed it over leveled? same level? this matters. also that build sounds great for world bossing but insanely slow for solo'ing

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Blazing Zero posted:

was the person who killed it over leveled? same level? this matters. also that build sounds great for world bossing but insanely slow for solo'ing

no it was the daily missions, was same lvl as bosses around ~230ish

not sure how bad it is for leveling, you at least get rank1 pyro and cryo tricks, plus psycho for boss killing, so honestly it should be pretty good, certainly better than going wiz3 off the bat

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
According to this and trusty google translate, it looks like they are working on allowing TP items to be transffered via team storage. finally I can get those 9 tomes off my lovely pyro and replace it with a cool bird

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Now that Overwatch beta is over and ToS is open it's time to continue mulling over what to roll. Looking through builds lists I'm seeing an intriguing combo of C2 Cryo/C3 Psycho/C1 Warlock. Seems nifty but I'll keep mucking around until I find some sort of class concept that really grabs my attention. Just for reference, what sort of stat builds do the base classes favor most of the time? I imagine Swordman likes some combinations of STR/CON and I've read that INT isn't super scaling for magic so Wizards also like some CON as well. And from above apparently Archers like some DEX depending on attack values.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Khorne posted:

Stat wise most of those do the same thing: enough con to not die (so ~20k-22k hp with gear) and then whatever primary stat for the build. Pelt3 generally goes full con because its damage is irrelevant, but I recommend against going that route unless you have a really good reason. Archer may do something a bit different with dex I'm not 100% clear on archer builds, but swordsman doesn't really want dex for pve because you always hit, evasion is not very good at all, and in order for crit to be better than just going straight str you need an obscenely high attack or some baked in crit rate that swordsman just don't have access to right now.

Evasion is actually very good, even with -79 evade from Finestra I still evade very often with only like 140-50 dex at nearly 230. Also, crit is awesome and Hoplite gets tons, which goes good with Dragoon if you aren't forced to go Templar like me. Also also, I don't think swordys do that much less damage than the average other class. Their main problem is they do that damage from melee range, which opens them up to taking tons of damage from high level monsters, damage which their once-substantial hp boost does not scale to match.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Khorne posted:

wizard: wizard3/elementalist3/warlock

These builds interest me. How would I allocate stats, which skills should I invest in and what order should I advance classes?

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

Scoss posted:

These builds interest me. How would I allocate stats, which skills should I invest in and what order should I advance classes?

for LumberClerics you want a total of 100 Con and the rest INT. I like to go Con first for safer leveling. Having a few extra hundred hitpoints helps alot at low level.

Circle Order
Cleric 2, Diervby 3, Druid, Dealers Choice (Druid or Plague Doctor)

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Looks fine to me? Anyone have time to explain what this actually means to a beginner? :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
there's a wizard class called psychokino that has a long channeled melee move called psychic pressure (pp) that does constant damage at your wizardman's fingertips
there's a wizard class called pyromancer that lets you make little fireballs. when you hit them they move. if you hold PP down on a fireball the fireball will like shoot sparks everywhere, which is good. but you can't do this for long because the ball will move.
there's another wizard class called cryomancer that lets you draw ice walls. if you hold PP down on an ice wall it will shoot ice shards everywhere, which is good.

what gibcount is saying is you draw ice walls around two fireballs like this:

--
|oo|
  --

and then hold down psychic pressure on the whole mess. the fireball can't move because it's pinned by the icewall. which will create a hilarious chain reaction of cascading damage effects as the fireball and the ice wall shower sparks and shards into each other.

it's a super gimmick build meant to shred bosses and probably not for newbies but it also sounds really fun

• Locked thread