Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

FLORIDA MAN was hungry.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/08/us/man-allegedly-kills-brother-over-cheeseburger/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

The Mentalizer posted:

Holy poo poo, how stupid do you have to be to see someone doing math and have your first thought be "Oh no, written terrorism!" I mean, of course the profiling aspect of the whole thing is terrible but the mind boggling stupidity on display by this woman is what I really find troubling here.

It's not just the woman who was stupid: how does a cabin attendant, who presumably has some intelligence and a some training in aircraft safety, hear the accusation of terrorism, sees that it is just maths and still calls the air marshals?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

"I just shot my brother on accident," a man is heard yelling on a 911 call released by police in St. Cloud, Florida.
"We were in a fight and I grabbed a gun and I shot him. Oh God," Middendorf said, still screaming. "I'm so sorry."

Yeah just grabbed a gun during an argument, aimed it at him and shot him. Totally accident, could have happened to anyone.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

spog posted:

It's not just the woman who was stupid: how does a cabin attendant, who presumably has some intelligence and a some training in aircraft safety, hear the accusation of terrorism, sees that it is just maths and still calls the air marshals?

It was probably a legal requirement

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Zemyla posted:

Al-Gebra is attacking with weapons of math instruction

Also, even if he were writing in Arabic, that doesn't justify treating him as a criminal.

Did you know that all the numbers we use are Arabic?
Stop terrorists in their track: do all your maths with Roman Numerals!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The_White_Crane posted:

Ironically, most of the Arab world uses Indic numerals:

٠ ١ ٢ ٣ ٤ ٥ ٦ ٧ ٨ ٩

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
well whaddya know

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
And India mostly uses Roman numerals.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
7-year-old girl tricks school with fake excuse note

quote:

Rosabella Dahu, 7, was expected at the program, but she gave staff at her Houston-area school a note that read, “I want Rosabella to go too dus 131 today!”

According to ABC News, the note worked, and Rosabella ended up riding the bus home, which sent her father, Charlie Dahu, into a panic.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Strudel Man posted:

And India mostly uses Roman numerals.

The circle of liiiiiiiiifee...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

Weird thing is they've started using Chinese number gestures in Greece.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

The Mariners gotta find a way to be a lovely team even when they're playing well. Carry on our city's legacy of being Bad At Sports, guys :allears:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I didn’t notice the “shits” because I was distracted by open jacket spelling “SETTLE” .

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

That's a man baby!

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

If he wasn't a man before, he sure is now.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He does not seem to mind.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Oompah-Loompah gone up in the world.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

The_White_Crane posted:

I love it when goons try to correct people with incorrect, probably racist, facts

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FAROOQ posted:

I love it when goons try to correct people with incorrect, probably racist, facts

?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

You are being trolled by a gimmick account.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

zakharov posted:

You are being trolled by a gimmick account.

New avatar - didn't even notice the name at first.

My brain has long since known to ignore this:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Wedding Ruined After Groom Accidentally Serves Guests Ketamine Instead of Powdered Alcohol.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Heh, I originally misread that as goon instead of groom, would have been just as funny if not funnier.

Also not buying the groom's bullshit story.

VVV Oh good, that comes as a relief.

Karma Monkey has a new favorite as of 00:14 on May 10, 2016

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Wunderground is satire. :ssh:

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Congratulations on posting a Wikipedia article you clearly haven't read because it makes my point abundantly clear.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

FAROOQ posted:

Congratulations on posting a Wikipedia article you clearly haven't read because it makes my point abundantly clear.

So I say "All the numbers we use are Arabic", you say "this is incorrect and probably racist", and then you claim that an article titled "Arabic numerals" which clearly shows a picture of the glyphs we use to denote numbers, captioned "Arabic numerals" somehow proves your point?

I mean, at a stretch you could be claiming that it's incorrect because the glyphs originated in India, or because they aren't always used exclusively in modern Arabic speaking countries. But I never said that either of those things were not the case. I was making a dumb joke about the fact that the glyphs we use for numbers are referred to in English as Arabic numerals and thus should be the scary for the sort of people who think that writing anything in Arabic (the language) automatically makes you a terrorist.

So yeah, your point isn't abundantly clear, with or without that wikipedia article. Would you like to try and make it now?
I would say, "make it again", but you failed the first time, so :shrug:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

The_White_Crane posted:

So I say "All the numbers we use are Arabic", you say "this is incorrect and probably racist", and then you claim that an article titled "Arabic numerals" which clearly shows a picture of the glyphs we use to denote numbers, captioned "Arabic numerals" somehow proves your point?

I mean, at a stretch you could be claiming that it's incorrect because the glyphs originated in India, or because they aren't always used exclusively in modern Arabic speaking countries. But I never said that either of those things were not the case. I was making a dumb joke about the fact that the glyphs we use for numbers are referred to in English as Arabic numerals and thus should be the scary for the sort of people who think that writing anything in Arabic (the language) automatically makes you a terrorist.

So yeah, your point isn't abundantly clear, with or without that wikipedia article. Would you like to try and make it now?

Don't respond to FAROOQ. They haven't made a non-shitpost in PYF for a very long time.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The_White_Crane posted:

And that shitposter was Albert Einstein.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
From the "they knew exactly what they were doing" files.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
She's doing the gbs Krusty picture pose

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Man arrested after dog ‘makes Nazi salute’

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bad dog

I Threw My Dog a Bark Mitzvah and All I Got Was This Lousy Jewish Guilt

http://www.racked.com/2016/5/11/11540360/i-threw-my-dog-a-bark-mitzvah-and-all-i-got-was-this-lousy-jewish

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Christ, that's creepy. And I'm not talking about the dog.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

flosofl posted:

Christ, that's creepy. And I'm not talking about the dog.

Agreed; it’s the dog’s owner that’s wrong here.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Agreed, the owner disgusts me, but are Western democracies now arresting people over pug videos?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

trapped mouse posted:

Don't respond to FAROOQ. They haven't made a non-shitpost in PYF for a very long time.

"They"? Is FAROOQ some sort of multiple-personality posting machine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

"They"? Is FAROOQ some sort of multiple-personality posting machine?

Gender neutral pronoun.