Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

Lucy's mom wasn't a big rear end kicker and Brandish knew her.

She was one of the greatest Celestial Wizards and did adventuring poo poo prior to opening the Eclipse Gate on this end and thus helping to save the world. Also to do so she said gently caress the rules and opened the Eclipse Gate with only 11 of the 12 required zodiac keys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gyges posted:

She was one of the greatest Celestial Wizards and did adventuring poo poo prior to opening the Eclipse Gate on this end and thus helping to save the world. Also to do so she said gently caress the rules and opened the Eclipse Gate with only 11 of the 12 required zodiac keys.

On the other hand she married Lucy's dad so.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Spiderdrake posted:

Yes.

I think he forgot about most of Gray's development?

But then he wouldn't've been able to do his speech about overcoming and blah blah. Speeches are important for shonen.

Plus, it didn't look like Ur was super kicking his rear end, nor he appeared to be particularly troubled, that was mostly Lyon.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Going through the manga, just past the Natsu vs Zerif fight and I'm forgetting; what's Grey's Beef with E.N.D, again?

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

On the other hand she married Lucy's dad so.

No one can bat a 1000.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Going through the manga, just past the Natsu vs Zerif fight and I'm forgetting; what's Grey's Beef with E.N.D, again?

I think Silver's dying instruction to Gray was to destroy END. Although I'm pretty sure Silver didn't actually understand what END was.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Is that a leopard print staff the new villain has

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hahaha look at the size of that hood

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Hahaha look at the size of that hood

Mashima is trolling all the summer convention cosplayers.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That outfit is absurd and I'm starting to get that thing where I can't remember who the villains are or why we're supposed to care about them that happens in every arc.

I guess this is the last arc so we need to hit on everyone's back-story beat but yawn.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/483/3375/1

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Is that a C-section scar?

Guess that's proof enough she's Ezra's mother!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

Is that a C-section scar?

Guess that's proof enough she's Ezra's mother!

I know this is overthinking it, but isn't she a bit young-looking to be Erza's mother? Erza was 18-ish at the start of the series, she was transported 7 years forward in time after Acnologia blew up Tenrou Island, and there was a 2-year time skip after the Tartaros arc. Her mother would have to be at least in her 40s.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Silver2195 posted:

I know this is overthinking it, but isn't she a bit young-looking to be Erza's mother? Erza was 18-ish at the start of the series, she was transported 7 years forward in time after Acnologia blew up Tenrou Island, and there was a 2-year time skip after the Tartaros arc. Her mother would have to be at least in her 40s.

Irene spends all her not destroying things at the spa. Just because you're a walking disaster area doesn't mean you can't look your best doing so.

In all seriousness, if she is Erza's mother, she should be be in her mid-40s. Any younger starts getting into creepy territory, and I don't think Mashima could pull off "pregnant by age 14 because of her lovely childhood" with the grace and care it requires.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't think we're supposed to think about that. The entire time skip is really screwy. All of them. All four or five of them.

In most fiction access to magical power tends to slow or change how you age, though, so maybe it's some of that. Maybe Mashima just wants to draw some big ol titties and he doesn't care.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

Maybe Mashima just wants to draw some big ol titties and he doesn't care.

You really don't need any other explanation for it.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

jiffypop45 posted:

You really don't need any other explanation for it.

Hence the "I know this is overthinking it."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spiderdrake posted:

Maybe Mashima just wants to draw some big ol titties and he doesn't care.

This some slanderous poo poo you're posting. Like bad enough to get sued for a shitload of money.

Mashima cares a great deal about big ol titties.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gyges posted:

Manga thread 4 title?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Or maybe she really is 40-something. This is anime, and Mashima in particular, we're talking about.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gyges posted:

This some slanderous poo poo you're posting. Like bad enough to get sued for a shitload of money.

Don't spin me like that.

I mean he cares not for all non-titty topics. This is a manga where the "emotional" battle scene just included the two women pressing their breasts together, Mashima's tit concerns remain high as ever.

bondster
May 6, 2007

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-05-09/voice-actor-yoshimitsu-shimoyama-reveals-marriage-to-satomi-arai/.101934

This is adorable and Mashima sometimes is pretty cool

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

At first I thought this comment was about the recent chapter. :stare:

But, yeah, you're right. This is cute and cool.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
The new chapter is up on MS. It's decent enough for Fairy Tail, although for a Fairy Tail chapter, surprisingly little happens in it.

I assume Rahkeid (Rockhide?) is the remaining member of the Spriggan 12. I was actually expecting it to be Rustyrose, since he's already crossed paths with Zeref on-panel and was powerful enough to begin with that he could plausibly be Spriggan 12 level with 9 years of training.

I had also expected "The Monstrous Six" to refer to Eileen having a split personality because of the line about August only being the strongest "individual" (which may have just been a bad translation of a specifically masculine word). By the way, while Levy feels awkward about being counted as a Monstrous 6 member, it's not like Pantherlilly or Lisanna (or even Elfman, arguably) is particularly strong either. I'm guessing the matchups will be Mirajane vs. Eileen (makes sense because Mirajane is already established as Erza's friend, IIRC, as well as probably being the strongest of the Monstrous 6), Lisanna and Levy vs. the underling girls, Elfman vs. Bradman (if only because the names match), and Gajeel vs. Rahkeid, with Patherlilly assisting Gajeel or Elfman.

The kiss was unexpected. The implication that she's somehow doing it to make up for performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on Jellal (either to "apologize" to Erza for "kissing" her boyfriend or to make "kissing" a guy she hates somehow "count" less) is really weird and not the way one would expect an adult human to act/think, but still less creepy than most of the yuri-baiting scenes in Fairy Tail lately.

By the way, are Brandish and Dimaria supposed to be best friends in some tsundere way or do they actually hate each other?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I drove past a car the other day with a Fairy Tail vinyl sticker on it.

Not a slew of anime/manga-themed vinyl stickers. Nope. Just a solitary Fairy Tail one.

Why? How? This is like the RC Cola of shonen.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

PFlats posted:

Not a slew of anime/manga-themed vinyl stickers. Nope. Just a solitary Fairy Tail one.

Why? How? This is like the RC Cola of shonen.

I've seen that before too. It's usually on one of those "my first car" vehicles. Maybe it's just me but I can't help but feel like after a certain age you no longer feel compelled to announce your fandom membership and opinions on vehicle adornments.

The kiss was really unexpected. However thinking back mashima had been teasing a bit of an erza x kagura ship. I remember kagura saying she thought of erza as an older/bigger sister. Perhaps a class S rose/candy archetype?

On second thought I'm giving mashima way too much credit suggesting he have a fleshed out yuri subplot aren't I?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yes you are.

PFlats posted:

My LGS has a Fairy Tail banner mixed among the other anime/magic banners. I seriously wonder whenever I see if it they knew what it was, thought it was a chocobo thing, if anyone else recognizes it, etc

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lucy is the gay one in FT.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
I'm pretty sure it's not just Lucy I mean, Cana comes to mind, Wendy and Sherria have their really obvious thing, Erza has been show to lean pretty heavily in that direction and also literally did not understand the concept of Males being attractive at one point, Brandish (and now Dimaria????) in this very arc have uh, things going on??? Fairy Tail is full of Yuri but at the same time all of it feels completely accidental.

Edit: Heck, Also in this chapter, Erzas domme mother teasing her two cute Subs before magically changing the weather because it was Too Straight.

The Divine Orator fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 10, 2016

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Kagura was clearly doing some transitive properly Jellal -> Kagura -> Erza kinda deal.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

The Divine Orator posted:

Fairy Tail is full of Yuri but at the same time all of it feels completely accidental.

My impression is that it's mostly intentional, but pretty much none of it is intended to be serious, if that makes any sense?

Thoren
May 28, 2008
This scarlet witch character is pretty cool and over the top. I hope she scores the bad guys an actual victory for once.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Thoren posted:

This scarlet witch character is pretty cool and over the top. I hope she scores the bad guys an actual victory for once.

Probably not since she doesn't seem to understand friendship, partying, or dragons. One the other hand, she's got big ol' titties and a skimpy outfit, so she's got a chance to win a round or two. At least until Erza shows up.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Gyges posted:

Probably not since she doesn't seem to understand friendship, partying, or dragons. One the other hand, she's got big ol' titties and a skimpy outfit, so she's got a chance to win a round or two. At least until Erza shows up.

Matricide always gets me choked up...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hopefully we get some real sweet panels of the eventual "no you shut the gently caress up mom" battle

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You all should honestly know by now why Erza's mom is suddenly a character.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

chumbler posted:

Tits incarnate?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

chumbler posted:

I try not to think about Fairy Tail, especially Mashima's long term planning, overly much

so please tell us

Boggus
Mar 26, 2007

A yellow jumpsuit makes all the difference.
Where exactly is Gildarts?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Boggus posted:

Where exactly is Gildarts?

Waiting for the right moment to show up and beat august probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The last time gildarts was mentioned was when natsu disappeared to train before Fairy Tail dissolved. During his training natsu found him.

After that I don't remember if he was ever mentioned and the only reason I knew that is because it was on the last episode of the anime.

e: Oh yeah, new chapter. Happy is :nattyburn: and Gajeel regrets crucifying Levi. well of course he does, but it still haunts him.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 16, 2016

• Locked thread