Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Chicken posted:

What help could the Palestinian Authority possibly offer? They don't have any money and I'm fairly certain they have neither the skills nor equipment to fight forest fires.

The same thing other countries could offer, trained personnel :confused: Why do you think Cuba sends its doctors abroad? Hint it's because they are trained doctors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

CommieGIR posted:

Probably has something to do with it being Russia....but hey.

Maybe we should try being friends with Russia, it's not like being dicks to them has done a single good thing for us so far. They treat their friends well, you can do war-crimes and they'll still stand by you!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

PT6A posted:

Maybe we should try being friends with Russia, it's not like being dicks to them has done a single good thing for us so far. They treat their friends well, you can do war-crimes and they'll still stand by you!

Unless you are their neighbors and they need a buffer zone :shrug:

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
More like potential new LAV customer, win win.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

PT6A posted:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/russia-sends-warning-to-opposition-in-annual-victory-day-parade/article29938204/

quote:

The annual Victory Day parade in Moscow – which on Monday saw columns of battle tanks and intercontinental ballistic missile launchers roll across the cobblestones of Red Square – always contains a message for the outside world about Russia’s military might, which has recently been put to use in Ukraine and Syria.

But this year’s spectacle, marking the anniversary of the defeat of Nazi Germany, also contained a clear warning for the Kremlin’s domestic opponents.

Marching in formation among the more than 10,000 soldiers who saluted President Vladimir Putin as they passed his viewing platform were 400 members of Russia’s newly formed National Guard, the vanguard of a 180,000-strong force that reports directly to Mr. Putin. Critics say the new unit – which is commanded by the former head of Mr. Putin’s personal security detail – is effectively a presidential praetorian guard meant to crush any protests that arise out of elections scheduled for this fall.

Yeah, you're right. They're just misunderstood, they seem like a good bunch of lads!

e: *annexes Yukon*

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 9, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

CommieGIR posted:

Unless you are their neighbors and they need a buffer zone :shrug:

To be fair, that's mainly because Ukraine decided to pull away from Moscow's influence in the first place. Like the US wouldn't do the same thing to us in a heartbeat if we tried to seek a new patron...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

PT6A posted:

To be fair, that's mainly because Ukraine decided to pull away from Moscow's influence in the first place. Like the US wouldn't do the same thing to us in a heartbeat if we tried to seek a new patron...

Oh come on now.....

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/cpc_hq/status/729744027638095872

Outrageous! Waste! :bahgawd:

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
why do any of you care if canada is invaded by a foreign country

1) canada can't do anything about it
2) america finally has an excuse to make canada a state

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Except it wasn't and everyone paid their own way. Libs apparently even have receipts and poo poo.

Not that idiot Conservative voters have ever cared about truth.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Tell us again about McKay's use of rescue helicopters to go fishing, CPC.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

PT6A posted:

You gotta be making GBS threads me.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Why on earth would America want to take on the burden of an enormous northern state when we're already their largest trading partner, and we practically fire-sale our resources to them?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

JawKnee posted:

Why on earth would America want to take on the burden of an enormous northern state when we're already their largest trading partner, and we practically fire-sale our resources to them?

We need a buffer zone to protect us from those dastardly Eskimos.

P-Value Hack
Apr 4, 2016

PT6A posted:

Source: RT News. :rolleyes:

While the USA certainly does a lot of sleezy stuff abroad, they haven't went so far as deploying loving full on conventional brigades into another country and pretend they are "volunteers". Man, for someone who touts himself as a badass hard-charger, you really are pretty drat naive about foreign politics. I was wondering when the Russophiles/Useful Idiots would start coming out to the thread, there's always a few.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Today at the grocery store I gave $50 to the Red Cross' Fort Mac relief efforts so Albertan's can rest secure in the knowledge that citizens from the distant foreign country of Toronto have got their backs.

P-Value Hack posted:

Source: RT News. :rolleyes:

While the USA certainly does a lot of sleezy stuff abroad, they haven't went so far as deploying loving full on conventional brigades into another country and pretend they are "volunteers". Man, for someone who touts himself as a badass hard-charger, you really are pretty drat naive about foreign politics. I was wondering when the Russophiles/Useful Idiots would start coming out to the thread, there's always a few.

:psyduck:

I guess outright invading countries is cool, it's only bad if you inaccurately label your soldiers as volunteers.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Trudeau is getting poo poo on by the right everywhere for saying no thanks.

gently caress everything.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Vintersorg posted:

Trudeau is getting poo poo on by the right everywhere for saying no thanks.

gently caress everything.

The Canadian right has a bit of an authoritarian streak.

Hot take, I know.

P-Value Hack
Apr 4, 2016

Helsing posted:

:psyduck:

I guess outright invading countries is cool, it's only bad if you inaccurately label your soldiers as volunteers.

:psyduck: if you're really going to attempt to compare Ukraine and Iraq as being the same situation

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"So he can pose with a bunch of Syrians but can't even hand out supplies?!?"

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

P-Value Hack posted:

:psyduck: if you're really going to attempt to compare Ukraine and Iraq as being the same situation

Well, the Iraq debacle killed more people and has done more to destabilize neighboring countries so if you want to argue that it was worse then I would agree with you. I just think it's funny that you'd make a post that amounts to "sure both Russia and the US invade other countries but can you believe that the Russians pretend their soldiers are actually 'volunteers'?!?!"

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Except it wasn't and everyone paid their own way. Libs apparently even have receipts and poo poo.

Not that idiot Conservative voters have ever cared about truth.

Picnic Princess posted:

Tell us again about McKay's use of rescue helicopters to go fishing, CPC.

Don't forget PMSH's $1.2 million junket to Israel with over 100 delegates including Ezra Levant's dad!

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Get on their email list for the real crazy

quote:

In fact, Bill Morneau and his Liberal colleagues are spending so quickly, they blew through the surplus we left, and put us deep into debt. You and I know that risky spending can have damaging consequences for generations to come.

- Lisa Raitt

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

so we keep seeing these CPC tweets that are :jerkbag: as all gently caress but I have to ask: doesn't "the left" do the same thing when they aren't in power? I'm just curious if we are seeing more of it or if it is just their turn to poo poo on those in power

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

Aces High posted:

so we keep seeing these CPC tweets that are :jerkbag: as all gently caress but I have to ask: doesn't "the left" do the same thing when they aren't in power? I'm just curious if we are seeing more of it or if it is just their turn to poo poo on those in power

They do but it's often grounded in reality when it's aimed at the conservatives

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

I would dispute the idea that any major political party meaningfully represents "the left" at this point but the NDP does send all kinds of idiotic mailers and e-mails that aren't any more grounded in reality than the stuff the conservatives send.

A good example was when Mulcair sent me a letter warning that I might be on Harper's "enemy list". Or those endless boasts about how the NDP was only a small numbers of seats away from a majority and was the only party that could hope to stop Stephen Harper.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
That's fair, I had forgotten those. It's so weird that they made stuff like that up when there were ample legit reasons to attack the CPC.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The CPCs core which is about 33% of Canadians apparently eats all this stuff up like candy because "Balanced Budgets" and "Personal Accountibility" are the cornerstones of strong government. When the CPC does it though its justifiable or slander.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

"So he can pose with a bunch of Syrians but can't even hand out supplies?!?"

I'm the rig pig getting bent out of shape over not getting a hug from QT PM JT.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

McGavin posted:

I saw some super cool meme today about how Justin Trudeau's solution to the wildfires is to try and understand their feelings or something.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Do it ironically posted:

he was done a favour taber is a shithole, locals will drink in their trucks and go shoot small animals for fun

And that is somehow different from other podunk towns like Vegreville, Black Diamond, or 100 Mile House how?

EDIT:

McGavin posted:

And I'm the plumber in Edmonton, marking my calendar for 3 months from now for the housing boom to start back up. Not just up north, but also in town.

Lars Blitzer fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 10, 2016

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Lars Blitzer posted:

And that is somehow different from other podunk towns like Vegreville, Black Diamond, or 100 Mile House how?

EDIT:

And I'm the plumber in Edmonton, marking my calendar for 3 months from now for the housing boom to start back up. Not just up north, but also in town.

Vegreville has a giant easter egg and a lot of ukranian people

uhhh, vulcan has a star trek museum

that's about it

Wasting
Apr 25, 2013

The next to go
It's just amazing to me that the same people losing their minds over government spending and debt, comparing it to household finances, turn around and, as individuals, rack up the most consumer debt this country has ever seen

Wasting fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 10, 2016

P-Value Hack
Apr 4, 2016

Helsing posted:

Well, the Iraq debacle killed more people and has done more to destabilize neighboring countries so if you want to argue that it was worse then I would agree with you. I just think it's funny that you'd make a post that amounts to "sure both Russia and the US invade other countries but can you believe that the Russians pretend their soldiers are actually 'volunteers'?!?!"

:rolleyes: Yes this is all perfectly valid justification for why Canada should pivot it's foreign policy to get closer to Russia. I know you wouldn't make this argument but let me remind you that the person I replied to literally is making that argument.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

You've got to grab the turned out pocket of the biggest fellow you know..

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Wasting posted:

It's just amazing to me that the same people losing their minds over government spending and debt, comparing it to household finances, turn around and, as individuals, rack up the most consumer debt this country has ever seen

Consumer spending stimulates the economy! :downs:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wasting posted:

The only moral debt is my debt.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Wasting posted:

"You can be debt free with a mortgage" - the Average Canadian

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Why is it so difficult to find current interest rates for government debt? There has to be more than a Fraser Institute PDF from 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I am a home owner (actually rents from bank who owns the home with a 5% down-payment).