Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

And he's happily doing things after his death anyway, so it probably isn't that big an impediment to his plans. :

Is it after? I don't even know if time is even linear for Zoss anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Superstring posted:

Genocidal angel or no, I do wonder what his plan is for dealing with a Demiurge.

I don't think he is going to deal with a Demiurge.

I think he's just going to re-corporealize White Chain, tell it to go endear itself to Alice, and keep his distance.

Clever way to make an angel go where you want: put a spike in it, move its armor, pull the spike out.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Times White Chain has been unceremoniously dunked from the air into a new location after being spiked as of the start of the comic: 2

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Zoss was betrayed and beaten at that point. It seemed like more of an execution.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hypocrisy posted:

Zoss was betrayed and beaten at that point. It seemed like more of an execution.

Are you really beaten if you treat decapitation as a mild inconvenience? :shrug:

If anything it seems like Juggernaut was the one thwarted. He thought he was killing the King of Kings like a huge badass, when the King in fact just couldn't care less for definitions like "alive" or "dead" anymore because they're irrelevant to him.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Those skeletons loving love their job.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tickets are only two dollars at the door and it's for charity guys! :mad:

Schwarzwald posted:

Those skeletons loving love their job.

6 Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe promised always buys them ice cream after a mission whether or not they win the game because they give it their best every time!

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

Are you really beaten if you treat decapitation as a mild inconvenience? :shrug:

If anything it seems like Juggernaut was the one thwarted. He thought he was killing the King of Kings like a huge badass, when the King in fact just couldn't care less for definitions like "alive" or "dead" anymore because they're irrelevant to him.

Yeah, if you review what happened in light of his later appearance, seems like he just didn't give a poo poo and waited till all those chumps rode past, then did what he came to do.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

Zoss is hardly the only unusually active dead guy kicking around Throne; presumably Juggernaut Star et al. were aware that that might not be completely the end of him but he can be assumed to be out of the running for mastery over the multiverse at this point

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Zoss is hardly the only unusually active dead guy kicking around Throne; presumably Juggernaut Star et al. were aware that that might not be completely the end of him but he can be assumed to be out of the running for mastery over the multiverse at this point

Right, but there's a difference between being out of the running due to loss of power and being out of the running because you've apparently obtained some kind of Enlightenment and no longer give a poo poo about your previous position as Grand High Poobah of All Creation.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i meant more in the sense that being dead doesn't necessarily stop folks from moving around and talking and stuff, but none of them seem particularly lucid. The garbled prophecy delivering Zoss ain't really the Conquering King anymore, just a few leftover bits of him

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Zoss let himself be killed because he found some guy working in a coffee shop to pass the magical bullshit onto.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Zoss let himself be killed because he found some guy working in a coffee shop to pass the magical bullshit onto.

Lo, a barista! Mine quest is at an end.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Mr. Lobe posted:

can cleave through flesh and metal with a casual swipe with its bladed arms as though through tissue paper. I think the multiverse may be in serious danger.

yeah but everyone can do that

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

atomicthumbs posted:

yeah but everyone can do that

Yeah, but like, you can't really kill the spikey angel man, he'll just keep coming back!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

paranoid randroid posted:

Lo, a barista! Mine quest is at an end.

For Zoss it was the most important day of his immortality, but for Allison... it was Tuesday.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

For Zoss it was the most important day of his immortality, but for Allison... it was Tuesday.

"The second conquest remains unfinished." said Zoss, as he contemplated the Starbucks menu.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
6 Juggernaut Star does everything in epic fashion. He's a heavy metal album cover come to life, he knows it, and goddamn if he isn't going milk that for all its worth.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

paragon1 posted:

"The second conquest remains unfinished." said Zoss, as he contemplated the Starbucks menu.

VENTI MACCHIATO W/SOY AND ALSO HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT RULING 77,777 WORLDS AS UNTO YISUN UNDIVIDED
                          /

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Comrade Gorbash posted:

6 Juggernaut Star does everything in epic fashion.

That should be his real angel name.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

A.o.D. posted:

That should be his real angel name.

I think "Scours the Universe" get's the point across.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Schwarzwald posted:

I think "Scours the Universe" get's the point across.

It's also a job description for Mr. Clean.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Man, Jojo had some dope outros.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

A.o.D. posted:

It's also a job description for Mr. Clean.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
hell yes

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i love 6 juggernaut star's stupid pliers

how often does he even use those things

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
He probably has a whole toolbox. No way does he trust anyone else to do maintenance on his wheels.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I kinda wonder if we're meant to take meaning from him using pliers when Alison just pulled the needle out barehanded. I mean they're probably not the same thing, but the visual emphasis made me think.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Spiderdrake posted:

I kinda wonder if we're meant to take meaning from him using pliers when Alison just pulled the needle out barehanded. I mean they're probably not the same thing, but the visual emphasis made me think.

Cio didn't wanna touch the previous needle lodged in White Chain's battleframe, so I'm guess its kinda of an implied 'don't touch' kinda thing, at least for demons/angels. A bit like handling a rod of spiritual Plutonium.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Allison didn't pull the needle out with her hand. It just kind of popped out on its own, which was weird.

Probably a subconscious use of the power of the key, I guess?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I think you're misreading those panels, though I can see what you mean. If you animated them it wold look like her hand had moved forward a bit and needle just leapt into it, and that might be supported by the speed lines running up to the back of the needle but none to her hand.

Honestly I doubt it though, because it's overcomplicated. She just grabs the thing and yanks it out, because blithely manhandling a fistful of spirit plutonium is exactly what Pree Aesma would do.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

It's not overly complicated; She Luke-Skywalker-in-the-Wampa-cave'ed that needle out. Why you'd ignore all the explicitly drawn details on that page so that you can come to the conclusion that she physically grabbed it and pulled it out is beyond me.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Yeah I mean besides the fact that it would be a failure of basic paneling to not show her grabbing the needle, she's actually not close enough to White Chain to get her hands on it.

And the fact that it surprises her in the middle of a word by just popping out on its own.

Allison may have willed it in some way, but there's no way she just yanked it out with her hand.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Begemot posted:

And the fact that it surprises her in the middle of a word by just popping out on its own.

That speech bubble is coming from Cio.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Renaissance Robot posted:

That speech bubble is coming from Cio.

Oh, so it is.

Well, the point stands.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Either way you look at it, a wizard did it :v:

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

She's also grasping it at a point where it would have still been stuck in White Chain, as though she caught it after it flew out. Abaddon's been pretty good at not having that kind of error, his composition is extremely solid, so it would surprise me if the intent of those panels was that she'd physically grabbed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnaflux
Jun 28, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Since acquiring the Master Key, Allison is a lot stronger, as illustrated here: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-5-82/
That's a pretty good sized dent in the wall and even she looks surprised.