Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killmaster
Jun 18, 2002
open the t(r?)unk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

quote:

“Bob’s never done a threesome with two men. He’s done it with three women. So he’s a little bit nervous but he’s gonna come cuz I want him to,” Redstone tells the woman, before he explains what to expect next.

“So what will probably happen will probably really excite you. I’ll gently caress her and she’ll suck Bob off and he’ll gently caress her and she’ll suck me off,” maps out Redstone.

But the now 92-year-old media mogul isn’t done with his sex plans just yet. Radar has removed the voice of the woman.

“Before that, I’ll make her jerk off in front of Bob because she’s very hot when she jerks off,” he explains. “She’s better than what you do. She takes a long time and she moans.”
from the competency trial of 92 year old media mogul sumner redstore

e: moar

quote:

“Of course I love you. I wanna gently caress your rear end off,” he gushes. “You know what? I can arrange for you to participate on Friday. I think you want it. I know you’re shy but you said you want it…Sucking [another male partner] off. It would get me very happy if you did it. Then we’re gonna have a real future of sex. So let me know on my cellphone if that’s ok and I’ll arrange to have you picked up.”

The insatiable Redstone then continues his dirty talk in yet another message he left the woman not quite 24 hours later.

“Hope you don’t mind my language but I’m craving that hot oval office of yours. The way I like to suck it and the way I like to gently caress it,” he says. “Lemme ask you a question. I know you say you’re not ready for a threesome with a man…but what about a woman? I think you told me you did threesomes with women.”

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
sir, the question was "is this your handwriting?"

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

DolphinCop posted:

i prefer the back trunk (brunk)

central trunk (crunk)

a.k.a human cargo enclosure

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

elon musk is a piece of poo poo

reminder that he's such an awful nerd he was turned away at the boom boom room after the met gala

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

theflyingexecutive posted:

reminder that he's such an awful nerd he was turned away at the boom boom room after the met gala

he escaped South Africa a scant couple weeks before he was eligible for conscription, came from Canada to the US to cash in, put five in vitro children into his first wife and then left her for a teenager

SpaceX is cool as hell but i wouldn't mind the next rocket landing on him

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Necc0 posted:

i consider myself an investigative journalist and i'm going to extrapolate an entire article out of a guy who thinks the uwe boll of political commentary is providing worthwhile insights into the national dialogue

this is pretty unfair. uwe boll knows how to take a punch

JawnV6 posted:

sir, the question was "is this your handwriting?"

lol

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuX5_OWObA0

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
all the other stuff is bad but i'd never criticize anybody for escaping conscription unless they subsequently hold public office and agitate for war

which afaik elon musk has never done

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
space race = war race you cannot separate the two

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i think i've brought it up in this thread before but my dad's the guy who has to check off the boxes for NASA when third parties want to send NASA cargos into space and he's gotten an in-depth look at the Falcon 9 several times and, well, Musk clearly has the same weird unrealistic blind spots we've seen with Tesla when it comes to rockets as well.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

i think i've brought it up in this thread before but my dad's the guy who has to check off the boxes for NASA when third parties want to send NASA cargos into space and he's gotten an in-depth look at the Falcon 9 several times and, well, Musk clearly has the same weird unrealistic blind spots we've seen with Tesla when it comes to rockets as well.

the older I get the more I see over and over again that these so called visionaries have tunnel vision that ignores reality, and somehow they manage to con a bunch of other peons into working 80 hour weeks on mundane details such as "rocket doesn't explode while taking off"

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

FMguru posted:

from the competency trial of 92 year old media mogul sumner redstore

e: moar

the dude likes to dirty talk, but is there context where it sounds like this was unwanted by his partner? cuz right now it just sounds like this guy fucks and had the resources to do it at scale.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
don't worry guys

*explosions in the background*

we'll make it up on volume

*terrified passengers leap from the burning husk of a toppling spacex rocket*

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

my favorite part was one time my dad asked to see some particular diagnostic output from the onboard computer - for literally every other rocket ever made, this is a pretty simple process where you just wheel over a little cart with a terminal and some equipment on it, plug a thing in to the rocket and get your data. for the falcon 9, you can't do that. instead, all the rocket's systems are fed through a (possibly off-site) ~cloud~ server and checks are done using automated python scripts. nobody who was with my dad was authorized to just pull ad-hoc data about the rocket, only to run the scripts, so they had to call up some sysadmin to write them a new python script for it and wait for him to run the results down.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
The reality distortion field isn't as powerful as a gravity well, sadly

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Sometimes i can't help but think musk is a tt level deep troll.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJXJbN8lb3g

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

my favorite part was one time my dad asked to see some particular diagnostic output from the onboard computer - for literally every other rocket ever made, this is a pretty simple process where you just wheel over a little cart with a terminal and some equipment on it, plug a thing in to the rocket and get your data. for the falcon 9, you can't do that. instead, all the rocket's systems are fed through a (possibly off-site) ~cloud~ server and checks are done using automated python scripts. nobody who was with my dad was authorized to just pull ad-hoc data about the rocket, only to run the scripts, so they had to call up some sysadmin to write them a new python script for it and wait for him to run the results down.

:eyepoop:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

isn't the vertical powered landing generally considered a gross waste of fuel and engineering effort for very little return? I was under the impression that after a launch pretty much everything expensive in a rocket is scrap due to having been exposed to incredible heat and vibration. seems like a properly designed computer controlled ram air parachute would get you 99% of the way there for a fraction of the weight.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shifty Pony posted:

isn't the vertical powered landing generally considered a gross waste of fuel and engineering effort for very little return? I was under the impression that after a launch pretty much everything expensive in a rocket is scrap due to having been exposed to incredible heat and vibration. seems like a properly designed computer controlled ram air parachute would get you 99% of the way there for a fraction of the weight.

Oh it's 1952 and we're about to have infinite cheap fuel, didn't you hear?

Also you dont get as much buy in from the fuel suppliers if you dont have a rocket that literally sprays raw flaming fuel out the rear end end to do a controlled descent

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they probably pay $0 extra fuel costs all said and done versus having a sane chute based approach. Why innovate when you can burn gas?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
reminder: literally everything is complete and utter dogshit

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

chriiiiiiiisssssssst. let's just devops up our rockets here!! we can software-engineer our way out of any goddamn problem! gently caress.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

reminder: literally everything is complete and utter dogshit
              /
             /

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

austin's anti-uber vote

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

SO DEMANDING posted:

/
             /

one dog's trash

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

fishmech posted:

austin's anti-uber vote

pure self interest i guess

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

fishmech posted:

austin's anti-uber vote

i'm the blue dot in the CBD.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i 've never been to austin and probably never will--is there something informative about that?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
the no vote is more likely to be in the outer areas and the yes vote (the cave to uber vpte) was more likely to be in the central areas. the splotchy yellow areas in the middle but north of the river are the cbd and the university of texas which have more young people and students (and fewer residential areas, which is why so much of it is gray). so i guess young people don't value safety and regulation?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

C.H.O.M.E posted:

i guess young people don't value safety and regulation?

young people are dumb and deserve what they get :bahgawd:

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

nah, if you want your thing to land in a very specific place in once piece powered landing is the way to go. nasa's gonna do curiousity-style skycrane craziness for future rovers because it's way more precise and less stressful than previous airbag/parachute craziness.

the engines are on there anyway, and spacex keeps uprating them because the original merlin design is evidently way overbuilt, so it's not that big of a deal to make the fuel tank longer and just let the engines handle the entire boostback/landing process. if you only have a parachute your rocket ends up way out over the ocean (because you're not doing the boostback) and definitely not over the barge.

e: i read that during pre-launch testing each rocket runs for something like 30 minutes at full throttle, so there's definitely a way to make sure it's still OK to fly after running for a while.

Glorgnole fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 10, 2016

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Glorgnole posted:

nah, if you want your thing to land in a very specific place in once piece powered landing is the way to go. nasa's gonna do curiousity-style skycrane craziness for future rovers because it's way more precise and less stressful than previous airbag/parachute craziness.

yes but mars does not have repair shops that can fix poo poo that rattles loose during a parachute descent

Glorgnole posted:

the engines are on there anyway, and spacex keeps uprating them because the original merlin design is evidently way overbuilt, so it's not that big of a deal to make the fuel tank longer and just let the engines handle the entire boostback/landing process. if you only have a parachute your rocket ends up way out over the ocean (because you're not doing the boostback) and definitely not over the barge.

chartering a boat to go out and find your floating first stage bobbing up and down in the ocean has still gotta be cheaper than the extra fuel and size and weight. just slap a GPS transceiver on it and any decently big barge with a crane on it can go pluck the thing out and carry it back.

i personally think Musk opted for the powered descent because it's cool-looking and he's a child because his eventual plan is to launch like every week, so he wants it to just come back and land, have the python scripts check it out or whatever, and then throw it back on the pad and fill it back up and be ready to go again. if it lands in the ocean it's gotta be checked out and recertified and poo poo and that takes a while. however what he's not getting is that even if you land it back on the pad it still just went through a massive amount of aerodynamic and thermal stress and needs to be thoroughly checked out anyway, especially since the engines had to run longer and experienced a full start-stop-cool down in the vacuum of space-start-stop-start-stop cycle.

even if he gets the tests perfect enough that it can be turned around that quickly, the shuttle has taught us that actually there isn't really a demand for a launch a week schedule and probably won't be for a long time, if ever, since satellites generally last a long loving time these days and widespread space tourism is still quite a ways off. i fully expect them to apply the whole silicon valley growth before demand thing anyway though, so at least we'll get NASA's lovely LEO missions on the cheap while they're burning VC funds to sell below cost or whatever.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Glorgnole posted:

e: i read that during pre-launch testing each rocket runs for something like 30 minutes at full throttle, so there's definitely a way to make sure it's still OK to fly after running for a while.

it's like 7 seconds, they live stream it each time if you wanna watch

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

fishmech posted:

austin's anti-uber vote

some artistic license going on there because Austen's voting precincts are nowhere near that granular.

what I find interesting is that West Austin voted more heavily "for" than you would expect from a bunch of rich NIMBY fucks. according to a friend who was involved in the campaign (on the for side :rolleyes:) they really love their UberBlack rides to the airport.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

yes but mars does not have repair shops that can fix poo poo that rattles loose during a parachute descent

chartering a boat to go out and find your floating first stage bobbing up and down in the ocean has still gotta be cheaper than the extra fuel and size and weight. just slap a GPS transceiver on it and any decently big barge with a crane on it can go pluck the thing out and carry it back.

i personally think Musk opted for the powered descent because it's cool-looking and he's a child because his eventual plan is to launch like every week, so he wants it to just come back and land, have the python scripts check it out or whatever, and then throw it back on the pad and fill it back up and be ready to go again. if it lands in the ocean it's gotta be checked out and recertified and poo poo and that takes a while. however what he's not getting is that even if you land it back on the pad it still just went through a massive amount of aerodynamic and thermal stress and needs to be thoroughly checked out anyway, especially since the engines had to run longer and experienced a full start-stop-cool down in the vacuum of space-start-stop-start-stop cycle.

even if he gets the tests perfect enough that it can be turned around that quickly, the shuttle has taught us that actually there isn't really a demand for a launch a week schedule and probably won't be for a long time, if ever, since satellites generally last a long loving time these days and widespread space tourism is still quite a ways off. i fully expect them to apply the whole silicon valley growth before demand thing anyway though, so at least we'll get NASA's lovely LEO missions on the cheap while they're burning VC funds to sell below cost or whatever.

your forgetting the other tech ceo fantasy dream of sat based internet by spamming low orbit low life low cost units everywhere they mesh together you see

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
i'm all for bashing people being lovely human beings, but everyone should stay away from randomly asserting their own unbased ideas on why something will fail before this thread becomes tech_journalism.txt

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

your forgetting the other tech ceo fantasy dream of sat based internet by spamming low orbit low life low cost units everywhere they mesh together you see

a nice touch in the The Expanse tv show is that if you look up at future earth's night sky, no matter where you are, it's just a constant meteor shower of reentering satellites and space junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Panty Saluter posted:

the ends don't justify the means. you can make anything justifiable in your own inner monologue, so you see how slippery a slope this can be

shut up. ps, gently caress off.

• Locked thread