Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

sorry buddy but F1 got you beat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JPBdBIFGNQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I want my Vstrom fixed so I can ride :(

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Schroeder91 posted:

I want my Vstrom fixed so I can ride :(

Same, but gs500.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Same but waiting on insurance payout to buy new bike.

Also for bones to fix themselves, I guess.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

VERTiG0 posted:

Same but waiting on insurance payout to buy new bike.

Also for bones to fix themselves, I guess.

Lol if you don't just leave your leathers on post-crash so the crazy meat sausage you call an arm stays vaguely tubular long enough to test ride a new death rocket.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Chichevache posted:

Lol if you don't just leave your leathers on post-crash so the crazy meat sausage you call an arm stays vaguely tubular long enough to test ride a new death rocket.

Aka the Mick Doohan rehabilitation method.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Kinda disappointed, but not surprised you linked to a bunch of crazy frog dreck instead of this old commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKFmc0oZXFI

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Ranier. A good beer to drink before riding up a huge mountain.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coredump posted:

Same, but gs500.

Same but I want the sky fixed so it isn't raining for the 90th day in a row

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Same but I want the sky fixed so it isn't raining for the 90th day in a row

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you live in England.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
It's actually been really nice here lately. Sure, we've got floodwatch levels of rain forecast tomorrow, but sunny intervals afterwards! :sun:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I think I'm gonna get crazy and put down $500 deposit (against $5k) to get in line for a Bolt e-moto to keep at my house in Austin. They say it's easy to "winterize" so I can park it in my garage for months while overseas.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Renaissance Robot posted:

It's actually been really nice here lately. Sure, we've got floodwatch levels of rain forecast tomorrow, but sunny intervals afterwards! :sun:

Sorry everyone, I broke summer - my nephew and the local sprogs were having a big water fight over the weekend so I bought him a massive load of water balloons for the next engagement, and it hasn't stopped raining since. At least I didn't wash my bike over the weekend, we'd all be underwater by now.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

darth cookie posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you live in England.

Not England, not Seattle, Milwaukee

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
if it was raining men you'd be singing a different tune

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah because the streets would be littered with the bodies of men who died falling from cloud height

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah because the streets would be littered with the bodies of men who died falling from cloud height

hahahaha keep believing that.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

goddamnedtwisto posted:

At least I didn't wash my bike over the weekend, we'd all be underwater by now.

Uh, about that... :ninja:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
On the way into work this morning, some random driver started lecturing me on why I should stunt out my bike and how it would be perfect for stunting. A 2004 BMW shaft-drive is a perfect stunt bike. :staredog:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I think I'm gonna get crazy and put down $500 deposit (against $5k) to get in line for a Bolt e-moto to keep at my house in Austin. They say it's easy to "winterize" so I can park it in my garage for months while overseas.
Had to look it up. It's a bicycle with electric motor that costs $5,000. http://www.boltmotorbikes.com/

The background of the website is a grinder throwing sparks. If that doesn't set off your bullshit alarm, I just don't know what to tell you.

You know what's easy to winterize? A fuel injected motorcycle. You just come back to it 6 months later, take off battery charger, turn key and go.

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 10, 2016

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.

Nitrox posted:

Had to look it up. It's a bicycle with electric motor that costs $5,000. http://www.boltmotorbikes.com/

The background of the website is a grinder throwing sparks. If that doesn't set off your bullshit alarm, I just don't know what to tell you.

You know what's easy to winterize? A fuel injected motorcycle. You just come back to it 6 months later, take off battery charger, turn key and go.

I see bicycles with those cheap eBay two stroke motors mounted all over downtown Austin, While I approve of bolting motors to things, I have to imagine some non-zero percentage of them grenade right next to the rider's nuts. I swear I saw one with a typewriter loaded into a pannier outside a coffee shop last week.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

predictive posted:

I swear I saw one with a typewriter loaded into a pannier outside a coffee shop last week.

I am starting to feel like Portland, Minneapolis, and Austin are all basically the same cities. They just have different climates to give the natives different bragging rights.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Nitrox posted:

can confirm.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

cursedshitbox posted:

hahahaha keep believing that.

That's literally how rain works, soooooo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

*falsetto*
Goodbye veestrom
It's been fun
Low oil pressure
End of ruuuuun

Excellent.

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Not England, not Seattle, Milwaukee

I rode to work in Dorchester today, which I very rarely do, just so I could go for a ride. It's been dismal lately.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Looks like they de-uglied the SFV650 and called it the SV650 http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/2017-suzuki-sv650-and-sv650-abs-pricing-and-availability-announced?src=SOC&dom=fb

The frame looks nicer than the Gen2's.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

clutchpuck posted:

Looks like they de-uglied the SFV650 and called it the SV650 http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/2017-suzuki-sv650-and-sv650-abs-pricing-and-availability-announced?src=SOC&dom=fb

What is with Japan and making sensible moves these days?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

um excuse

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Nitrox posted:

You still want to have ethanol-free fuel in it. FI bikes still have vented tanks.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

clutchpuck posted:

Should have called it Gojira, because it's a Japanese monste-:downsrim:

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Renaissance Robot posted:

Should have called it Gojira, because it's a Japanese monste-:downsrim:

This is good and true. I'm tempted by it for this reason but, at that rate, I should spend less on an actual used monster.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

meh.com has a good deal on a poor man gopro with accessories. Deal expires tomorrow at 9 PM if it doesn't sell out before then

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

:effort:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

This is good and true. I'm tempted by it for this reason but, at that rate, I should spend less on an actual used monster.

Bonuses to the monster: functioning suspension, non garbage brakes.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

meh.com has a good deal on a poor man gopro with accessories. Deal expires tomorrow at 9 PM if it doesn't sell out before then

Camera is sold out; all they got left is the accessory kit for $10 :(

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Slavvy posted:

Cons to the monster: may not start and/or run on any given day, unless your destination is a coffee shop.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

M42 posted:

um excuse

Same, the vacu-cast frames on the 2g's are awesome :colbert:

Slavvy posted:

Bonuses to the SV: literally everything else you could possibly think of

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Has it been said yet if the new-gen 2017 SV has good or bad suspension?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

VERTiG0 posted:

Has it been said yet if the new-gen 2017 SV has good or bad suspension?

According to what I've read, basically the same as previous gen SVs or any other entry level bike: non-cartridge non-adjustable telescoping forks and preload adjustable rear shock (probably Showa on both ends). Not bad, not good.