Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Any word on when Contracts will be up and running? I liked that in Black Ops 1. Kinda surprised it didn't come back in some way for 2, maybe for getting playercard icons and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

widespread posted:

Season Pass holders get 10 free rare drops and a free weapon bribe, along with the contract rewards.
I think that's where I got confused.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Mister Macys posted:

Uh, that *is* all we want, dude. :colbert:

Leave the guns, perks, and quirks alone and give me new graphics.
Then, go the gently caress away to work on the next remaster, and let me enjoy my memories, and new victims to take advantage of.

Exactly give me back the games where headshots actually killed guys when it would make that particular sound, unlike the Treyarch versions where you could get as many as three of those hit sounds on a guy who still lives and kills you. Also one hit kill melee knifing action. :getin:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Is the Famas in the game yet? I might sit on my season pass freebies.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Carecat posted:

Is the Famas in the game yet? I might sit on my season pass freebies.

If you mean the FFAR yes

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Like everything else, it's :airquote: "coming soon".

First one is already active automatically; win 75 multiplayer matches. No time limit.

It wouldn't surprise me if they pushed the daily/weekly ones today. It would kind of make sense given the 2x crypto key weekend ends this morning. Who knows though.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

Exactly give me back the games where headshots actually killed guys when it would make that particular sound, unlike the Treyarch versions where you could get as many as three of those hit sounds on a guy who still lives and kills you. Also one hit kill melee knifing action. :getin:

You must have some poo poo internet if you get three headshot noises and still die all to one dude.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

opened my season pass freebie and now i have some questions to axe you

could be better. could be worse.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Deviant posted:

opened my season pass freebie and now i have some questions to axe you

could be better. could be worse.

I got the same one in mine. My 10 freebies had my 3rd MX Garand in them :(

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Why is it that I find killing people with melee weapons so hilarious and satisfying in a first person shooter game? I'm literally laughing out loud every time I kill someone with the fury's song.

Also lol I already have dark matter unlocked for the shadowclaw. Didn't even take 24 hours. That thing is a beast with dual wield in core.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I'll be on tonight I have like 14 before I get the 75 wins done

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

housefly posted:

Why is it that I find killing people with melee weapons so hilarious and satisfying in a first person shooter game? I'm literally laughing out loud every time I kill someone with the fury's song.

Also lol I already have dark matter unlocked for the shadowclaw. Didn't even take 24 hours. That thing is a beast with dual wield in core.

Using a melee weapon removes all expectations. You suddenly don't give a poo poo about your K/D or whatever, you just wanna splatter some guts with your dumb gimmick knife reskin, so every time you get one, it's a blast.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
My mixamp came today so my new headset is ready to go :woop:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

VJeff posted:

Using a melee weapon removes all expectations. You suddenly don't give a poo poo about your K/D or whatever, you just wanna splatter some guts with your dumb gimmick knife reskin, so every time you get one, it's a blast.

True. But this is my 4th melee weapon outside of the knife. You'd think the novelty would have worn off by now. Slide up on a dude, slash him with my sword and I still giggle like a school girl.

KingShiro posted:

My mixamp came today so my new headset is ready to go :woop:

Yay! I'll be on around 9:30 or 10 eastern per usual.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
The new launcher would be a lot more fun to play with if they gave you more than 4 shots, and it didn't take at least two to kill anything. Even scavenger only gives you 4 loaded + 4 reserve max.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

housefly posted:

I must be doing something wrong then because I kinda hate it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also double xp/wxp this weekend but only if in a party of 2+

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Hackan Slash posted:

The new launcher would be a lot more fun to play with if they gave you more than 4 shots, and it didn't take at least two to kill anything. Even scavenger only gives you 4 loaded + 4 reserve max.

Sounds like the trick is to unload all four rockets at once on one guy. Then you grab a scav pack and repeat until you fail to kill someone or retrieve a pack or die.

Basically keep the gun unloaded.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo where is everyone lets play some Shootyman

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Let's play.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Every. loving. Night.

Nothing else in my house is using data or uploading anything.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Best friend coming over from the next city over.

There will be booze. :boonie:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Someone help! I've been getting a craving for CoD, but it would require me to buy a new console. Xbox One or PS4?

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

TMMadman posted:

Someone help! I've been getting a craving for CoD, but it would require me to buy a new console. Xbox One or PS4?

We generally have a good group on the PS4.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I should have mentioned that I'm an old Xbox 360 gamer, so I do kind of lean that way. But I also kind of want to play some PS4 exclusives. So torn and I'm not even sure I should pull the trigger on one or not.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wanna get hype for the return of CoD4 but I'm worried that they will gently caress it up somehow.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Alteisen posted:

I wanna get hype for the return of CoD4 but I'm worried that they will gently caress it up somehow.

They already hosed up Infinite by saying it's space travel and not the ever-better time travel idea. So yeah, good chance even the remaster won't be the same.

Shame really. Because the Chernobyl levels are pretty much golden, quality wise.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I should have mentioned that I'm an old Xbox 360 gamer, so I do kind of lean that way. But I also kind of want to play some PS4 exclusives. So torn and I'm not even sure I should pull the trigger on one or not.

As another ex-360'er, one who went Xbox One, get the PS4. Xbone is not like the olden days.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

TMMadman posted:

PS4. A lot of 360 games jumped over.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ex 360 here. Join us in the PS4 crew.

Prestige 5 and Diamond Shotguns tonight. A good night.

Going to do the remaining LMGs next. I need a break from the crazy aimless jumping shotties.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Got enough gin in me that I cant see straight. Will play around 1am Eastern when the late night crew shows up.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

widespread posted:

They already hosed up Infinite by saying it's space travel and not the ever-better time travel idea. So yeah, good chance even the remaster won't be the same.

Shame really. Because the Chernobyl levels are pretty much golden, quality wise.

How does your impression of one game make you think the remaster would be bad when its not made by Infinity Ward, nor has the footage they've shown indicate there are any significant changes being made besides better graphics?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

TMMadman posted:

I was on the 360 last gen and switched over to ps4. It's a solid console all around and possibly my favorite one I've ever owned. It also has the lions share of install base, so finding games isn't an issue at all for BLOOOOOOPS 3.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Got my 75 wins. Weapons bribe netted me the carver and through boxes I got a baseball bat along with a ton of nice taunts etc. Carver is ok. Baseball bat owns and if you hit reload you get the roar of the crowd. Very satisfying get kills with it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TMMadman posted:

I was a 360-er too. I made the leap and I'm really happy with the PS4. It's a Real Good console.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ex 360 here. Join us in the PS4 crew.

Prestige 5 and Diamond Shotguns tonight. A good night.

Going to do the remaining LMGs next. I need a break from the crazy aimless jumping shotties.

I started going for the snipers. Got my hundred OSKs with the drakon in hardcore but, eh... I don't like sniping very much. It'll probably get better once I unlock the ELO.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

VJeff posted:

I was a 360-er too. I made the leap and I'm really happy with the PS4. It's a Real Good console.

Since I've asked in places other than just here, this seems to be the consensus opinion. So I'm now leaning that direction, but I still have to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger.

But chances are pretty high that I will end up doing it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Vicissitude posted:

I started going for the snipers. Got my hundred OSKs with the drakon in hardcore but, eh... I don't like sniping very much. It'll probably get better once I unlock the ELO.
With the ELO you're not even sniping anymore, just running around with a high damage rifle.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Drav posted:

As another ex-360'er, one who went Xbox One, get the PS4. Xbone is not like the olden days.

Agreed & miss you Dravz

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Huh

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...-most-disliked/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011