Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Oh come on, as if ya'll don't hate Call of Duty, like every other fan of the franchise. :colbert:

Love to hate to love CoD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Fibby Boy posted:

You must have some poo poo internet if you get three headshot noises and still die all to one dude.

Weirdly enough this poo poo only happened with Treyarch CODs and not the Infinity Ward ones. Got to the point where I'd still play the Treyarch CODs but mainly for their batshit insane single player story modes. BLOPs 3 story completely poo poo the bed though.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There are literally people disliking both trailers just because, its meaningless.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
treyarch- worse net code, best mp. its a tradeoff

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Ghostlight posted:

With the ELO you're not even sniping anymore, just running around with a high damage rifle.

Now you're getting it! :v:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

TMMadman posted:

Someone help! I've been getting a craving for CoD, but it would require me to buy a new console. Xbox One or PS4?

On the flip side, most of the chaff has switched over to the PS4, so the cool dudes are left on the Xbox. There's also a decent HC group, which I think is your jam.

Of course, if I remember correctly you might do better on the PS4 because it is the angryman console of choice.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

On the flip side, most of the chaff has switched over to the PS4, so the cool dudes are left on the Xbox. There's also a decent HC group, which I think is your jam.

Of course, if I remember correctly you might do better on the PS4 because it is the angryman console of choice.

No one really left at the moment playing HC - lucky to find 1-2 people a night at this stage of the game's life cycle. I'd say PS4.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Pretty_Llama posted:

No one really left at the moment playing HC - lucky to find 1-2 people a night at this stage of the game's life cycle. I'd say PS4.

I plan to be on for HC tonight if you are around. But it does stink that we usually max out at 4 people these days.

That being said, I much prefer the PS4 in general, and CoD looks noticeably nicer on it and gets the DLC first. I would really love to move to PS4 next game.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

venutolo posted:

I plan to be on for HC tonight if you are around. But it does stink that we usually max out at 4 people these days.

That being said, I much prefer the PS4 in general, and CoD looks noticeably nicer on it and gets the DLC first. I would really love to move to PS4 next game.

As far as I know that deal with the ps4 getting the dlc first was just for blops 3. I'm sure Sony will ink another deal with activision for the next installment, but we'll see. Regardless, PS4. :-)

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

venutolo posted:

I should be on around 7:30-8 tonight.

I would move to the PS4 for the next game - it looks like they have a stronger playerbase. Hopefully the other HC folks would move over too.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Drav posted:

Also double xp/wxp this weekend but only if in a party of 2+

That starts today

http://charlieintel.com/2016/05/09/double-xp-black-ops-3-coming-may-10-may-13-players-parties-two/

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's trivia Tuesday for me so no shootymans tonight but Wednesday I should have all afternoon/night once I finish up setting up my classes/tabs again.

I also have 2 permanent tokens to use up so I gotta decide on that. Probably going to go for more perks or equipment.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hackan Slash posted:

Sir, you offend me! I've never gotten angry at a video game in my life! :v:

And I pretty much got used to core games during Blops 2, so either mode would be fine for me. Although I do long for the old days of LMG sniping in CoD 4 Hardcore.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I'm in the minority opinion that the PS4 is a horrible console and I haven't booted mine up since December.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So you haven't booted the Xbox since August?

Jesus Toast
Sep 30, 2005

TMMadman posted:

Sir, you offend me! I've never gotten angry at a video game in my life! :v:

And I pretty much got used to core games during Blops 2, so either mode would be fine for me. Although I do long for the old days of LMG sniping in CoD 4 Hardcore.

Get a PS4 and spend $80 on CoD4. We can have slumber parties again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wow, that is peculiar. Have they ever done this in a CoD game?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

housefly posted:

As far as I know that deal with the ps4 getting the dlc first was just for blops 3. I'm sure Sony will ink another deal with activision for the next installment, but we'll see. Regardless, PS4. :-)

Its for IW as well. http://charlieintel.com/2016/05/02/play-call-duty-infinite-warfare-dlc-packs-30-days-early-ps4/

I expect this will continue for future COD games on PS4.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
xbone goon groups are dead because all the spergs blew their load and got master prestige in the first week

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

I didn't catch that at all :wtc:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Eurovision is done for the day, I'll be up for games tonight.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm on right now for some DUBBA XP if anybody wants to party up, PSN is ViewtifulJeff.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

RBX posted:

So you haven't booted the Xbox since August?

use it every day for media, and I usually game on it at least 5-6 days a week

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I wish I had some kind of reason to turn on my xbox. It's just sitting there with all the dust on it.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Fibby Boy posted:

I wish I had some kind of reason to turn on my xbox. It's just sitting there with all the dust on it.

quantum break was rad as gently caress

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mill Village posted:

How does your impression of one game make you think the remaster would be bad when its not made by Infinity Ward, nor has the footage they've shown indicate there are any significant changes being made besides better graphics?

Paranoia etc. Sometimes the term "remaster" could be anything.

And here I am on PC. Bummer. Nah, but if I wanted to do this I'd prob peruse Reddit or something.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
The shieva is the first weapon that has caused me to lose all will to play call of duty. Bravo treyarc on making such a poo poo gun.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sorry to hear of your Parkinson's.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Inversely, the Pharo feels so loving good, more so if you spray first instead of aiming 24/7.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Also like to reassert that double ______ weekends are universally awful.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Fibby Boy posted:

The shieva is the first weapon that has caused me to lose all will to play call of duty. Bravo treyarc on making such a poo poo gun.

Must be on PS4

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

RBX posted:

Must be on PS4

It's true.

I am mad. Mad about video games.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Fibby Boy posted:

get a xim

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Deviant posted:

get a xim

No lie that would make me worse at the game.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I burned 1 Weapon Bribe, 10 bundled crates and ~530 cryptokeys and all I got was this stupid axe. And then someone else got called anime trash instead of me.

Shut it down, Treyarch.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

JackGeneric posted:

I burned 1 Weapon Bribe, 10 bundled crates and ~530 cryptokeys and all I got was this stupid axe. And then someone else got called anime trash instead of me.

Shut it down, Treyarch.

You missed the exciting conclusion of my hate mail response to PSN user and cod superstar Bacon-Strips-214. Here's the exciting correspondence:

BS214: All of you a literaly trash lol

Me: I believe you meant to say "All of you *are* *literally* trash". Thanks for the stern psn message about my performance in a video game. My advice for you is to spend time mastering the English language instead of focusing on your "sick kd bruh". PS I love you

BS214: Sure lol. My advice to you is to stop camping. Thank you for grammar lesson though.One day i can be a condescending gently caress like you :). PS i love you too

BS214: The*

BS214: I hope *

Me: I'm not the one who initiated hate mail after a match. Art thou mad, bro?

Me: And the irony of you calling all of us trash followed by you saying that *i* am being condescending is not lost on me. Nice cognitive dissonance you've got going there.

No response after that. This is the first hate mail I've had on PSN. I feel it's a defining moment for me with this console. Credit to BostonZombie for the "art thou mad, bro" line.

housefly fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 11, 2016

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Fibby Boy posted:

Also like to reassert that double ______ weekends are universally awful.

Yup, the tryhards and garbage connections do not make a fun night.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Apparently people on Reddit are finding that if you disable user generated content that the game runs smoother and has less perceivable lag. Not sure how big of an impact it would make in game, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Pretty_Llama posted:

I should be on around 7:30-8 tonight.

I would move to the PS4 for the next game - it looks like they have a stronger playerbase. Hopefully the other HC folks would move over too.

I would be playing on Xbone still, but I've been traveling for work every week since the middle of March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

housefly posted:

Apparently people on Reddit are finding that if you disable user generated content that the game runs smoother and has less perceivable lag. Not sure how big of an impact it would make in game, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Going to try this

• Locked thread