Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

CommonShore posted:

your EHP with the invuln off is what matters. Also keep in mind that you might be able to get the exact same resists out of tech ii or x-type mission specific hardeners instead of the invuln + the boost amplifier, at much lower cost (and thus much lower gank risk)

Even with your invuln on, it would only take 7 tornadoes to make you evaporate faster than you knew what happened, and 7 tornadoes costs much less than half of what your low slots are worth. In other words, you'd be profitable to gank.

e. other fitting advice:
you don't need to be cap stable and perma run your tank. Put on the least amount of tank possible and decline any missions that aren't blitzable.

I'm not trying to blitz missions right now since I'm not trained to do burners. Since I can't do burners I won't be able to sustain my standings when I constantly decline every mission I can't just blitz.

If I have to do level 4s straight up don't I need my tank to be near cap stable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I made mine cap stable with either the booster or burner on but I just used poo poo out of my pile. I also downgraded most of what you have there one step and run everything fine. My burner fits are retarded though

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm not trying to blitz missions right now since I'm not trained to do burners. Since I can't do burners I won't be able to sustain my standings when I constantly decline every mission I can't just blitz.

If I have to do level 4s straight up don't I need my tank to be near cap stable?

If you have like 4 minutes of cap you can survive most l4s, if you're sensible. Seriously - I did l4s in a 300m isk Maelstrom. Sure, you're doing them faster, but you're not doing them TEN TIMES faster, which you would have to be to justify the cost/risk.

gently caress, just play around with EFT/Pyfa on your lowslots. How much DPS is that 4th faction BCU actually giving you over the tech ii? 2?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You're driving a god drat autism chariot, looking at your fit, thats the kind of thing I would drool and twitch if there was an opportunity to gank it. Take about 4 steps back on the cost, sell the expensive modules, and buy a standings alt to fetch burner missions.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

CommonShore posted:

If you have like 4 minutes of cap you can survive most l4s, if you're sensible. Seriously - I did l4s in a 300m isk Maelstrom. Sure, you're doing them faster, but you're not doing them TEN TIMES faster, which you would have to be to justify the cost/risk.

gently caress, just play around with EFT/Pyfa on your lowslots. How much DPS is that 4th faction BCU actually giving you over the tech ii? 2?

For me I'm doing them in ships worth only 2-3 times that (some of that cost is because poo poo skilling tbh) and I'd say I don't them like 1.5-2x as fast as a maelstrom

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Also gently caress faction damage mods or tracking lows. That runs up your price so loving much for such negligible gain compared to how long you burn place to place or wait for your gecko to get there or something

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Syndic Thrass posted:

For me I'm doing them in ships worth only 2-3 times that (some of that cost is because poo poo skilling tbh) and I'd say I don't them like 1.5-2x as fast as a maelstrom

up to 1b isk is sane for a mission ship. To be fair, my Maelstrom was part of a "how ghetto can I get and still do these things" affair on a newly trained alt.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Alright I'm going to experiment on EFT to substantially lower the cost.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Yeah I push maybe 1.2-1.5 on some of my more tism fits. I though I was bad but that guys is prolly not more than 15s faster than me in any given mission

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Alright I'm going to experiment on EFT to substantially lower the cost.

http://evepraisal.com/e/10717677

Like for god sakes man, 1.86B isk sell value in Jita. At 100m isk/hour, which is top-end best you can expect from blitzing non-burners, that's still almost 20 hours of work to replace if you welp it or get ganked. Don't be a stupid who gets addicted to Purple Armor in Space.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Pith X type SBA, large shield booster, and set of hardeners plus a t2 or faction invuln (refit mids as needed) with an ab. T2 damage mods and TEs and the plus you already have. Gist type is stupid expensive even still (I think. This is the stockpile of poo poo I was referring to but I think its still way cheaper and faction where you can)

My phone updated my keyboard and hasn't relearned eve talk

Syndic Thrass fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 10, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also, will people just never attempt to gank Procurers? I realize it's the tankiest of the lot, but I feel like that years ago, people would gank you just out of spite if you tanked to try to be safe from them.

On the other hand, I'm guessing a Retriever (or Covetor? whichever had the highest mining yield) is gonna get ganked in seconds upon undocking with that little EHP.
And finally, I apparently have enough processing skills at IV to gain a little more money from selling reprocessed ore instead of the ore itself, but is there some other thing I should be doing with my ores while chill-mining? I recall standings and somesuch factoring into the reprocessing yield.

Don't forget that years ago, you'd still get the insurance payout if you suicide ganked, so people would often break even on a hard kill. Today, not so much.

And a procurer is definitely a hard kill -- they can break 100k EHP in an all-tank fit, or 70k EHP for an actual mining fit. And that's before overheating.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
you guys are forgetting that there are a ton of 'profitable' things to gank all the time, but organizing 7 tornadoes to hunt that guy isn't really worth the ganker's time.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

you guys are forgetting that there are a ton of 'profitable' things to gank all the time, but organizing 7 tornadoes to hunt that guy isn't really worth the ganker's time.

depends if they're organizing for him specifically or just happen to catch him at a mission hub while looking for other whales

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Alright lets try again.

Hull+Fit is around 830mil isk. Less than half the previous amount.

edit: amended

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 10, 2016

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Stop trying to make a fit cap stable with a mwd. You can't hit poo poo at full MWD speeds most likely any way.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
why the hell is there a cap battery and CCCs, it appears without the battery you're almost stable with your stupid mwd anyway

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

why the hell is there a cap battery and CCCs, it appears without the battery you're almost stable with your stupid mwd anyway

What should I put in the rigs, shield or speed? Or something else?

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 10, 2016

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What should I put in the rigs, shield or speed? Or something else?

CDFE and a Hyperspatial are my first thoughts

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

gently caress it, here's one last fit and I'll stop bugging everyone.

Costs 900mil exactly.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Syndic Thrass posted:

Stop trying to make a fit cap stable with a mwd. You can't hit poo poo at full MWD speeds most likely any way.

Unless you are kiting straight towards or straight away, yeah. If you must MWD around like a jackass it's probably time to think about a missile ship.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
VideoGames did you spent the injector I gave you, and if yes on what skills?.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
And it has been named.

For the christening ceremony, Gobbins took boat by the feet and smashed him against the side like a champagne bottle. All applicable deities are appeased.

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

Zephyrine posted:

And it has been named.

For the christening ceremony, Gobbins took boat by the feet and smashed him against the side like a champagne bottle. All applicable deities are appeased.

With all the thetan hate I was expecting you to say you smashed a thetans on it or something.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

harlyq posted:

With all the thetan hate I was expecting you to say you smashed a thetans on it or something.

I had no idea he was Thetan.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Beanbox posted:

VideoGames did you spent the injector I gave you, and if yes on what skills?.

I did thank you!! I spent a while looking over things and got myself more abilities to allow me to nearly be able to use the prospect and the skiff! I hope I used it wisely. There was so much to possibly use it on. If I did poorly then please let me repay you.

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

VideoGames posted:

I did thank you!! I spent a while looking over things and got myself more abilities to allow me to nearly be able to use the prospect and the skiff! I hope I used it wisely. There was so much to possibly use it on. If I did poorly then please let me repay you.

We'll always be proud of you. Whatever you choose to do in life.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

VideoGames posted:

You did great, I was just interested in what you skilled up.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
You know gently caress all is happening when the un-chill thread turns into talk about missioning and 'attaboy' posts.

Does anyone have a good fit for gated Lvl5 missions? I keep running into a brick wall on waiting out 4 hour timers to not lose my agent and other games just don't pass the time like they used to.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Skill injectors need a drat warning label on them. I went from "hey maybe I'll finish logi frigates 5" to "I'm already down x amount. what's another billion?" in about ten minutes.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

gently caress it, here's one last fit and I'll stop bugging everyone.

Costs 900mil exactly.

Quit trying to omnitank. Take the 4 seconds to figure out what damage types are in a mission and then tank for those.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

Skill injectors need a drat warning label on them. I went from "hey maybe I'll finish logi frigates 5" to "I'm already down x amount. what's another billion?" in about ten minutes.

Indeed they are extremely addictive.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

dragonstalking posted:

Does anyone have a good fit for gated Lvl5 missions? I keep running into a brick wall on waiting out 4 hour timers to not lose my agent and other games just don't pass the time like they used to.
It's been a while (like, almost three years) but a capless mjd golem can do all the blitzable l5 missions (gated and ungated). The fit is something like this:

[Golem, L5 solo]
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Large Micro Jump Drive
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Pithum A-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Pithum C-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
Domination Kinetic Deflection Amplifier

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Cruise Missile
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Large Ionic Field Projector II
Large Ionic Field Projector II

Warp in, mjd off the beacon, blap the objective, moonwalk out.
e: a better solution is just to buy another pulling alt, though.

LemonDrizzle fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 10, 2016

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

CommonShore posted:

Quit trying to omnitank. Take the 4 seconds to figure out what damage types are in a mission and then tank for those.
This is bad advice, since omnitank is gank resistance. Tailor your resistances to the NPCs a little but if you're at all worried about getting suicided then you need to avoid resist holes and increase buffer.

(if you are intentionally giving bad advice so you can gank him, then carry on)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

I had no idea he was Thetan.

The fact that you don't know dbrb is not welcome in our thetan embrace kinda proves our point that you're talking out of your rear end.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I don't need no injectors with my 160M SP yo

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Helicon One posted:

This is bad advice, since omnitank is gank resistance. Tailor your resistances to the NPCs a little but if you're at all worried about getting suicided then you need to avoid resist holes and increase buffer.

(if you are intentionally giving bad advice so you can gank him, then carry on)

I think the point is that if you tailor your resistances to the NPCs, you can fit cheaper modules and actually get a greater effective tank vs NPCs, which makes you both more effective and less likely to get ganked in the first place.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thanks for the kind words folks. And just fyi I think they said they took 25 lbs of skin off.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

holy gently caress

whats your weigh in now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

vyst posted:

Thanks for the kind words folks. And just fyi I think they said they took 25 lbs of skin off.

Dick snip skin

• Locked thread