Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Drythe posted:

holy gently caress

whats your weigh in now?

No idea. I'm so swollen and fluid is going to drain for a while I won't be able to get an accurate number for a few weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
How resilient is the skin after the procedure? Does it sort of knit itself back together and become as strong as normal or is there, like, a risk of tearing along the seams if it's stretched?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

LemonDrizzle posted:

How resilient is the skin after the procedure? Does it sort of knit itself back together and become as strong as normal or is there, like, a risk of tearing along the seams if it's stretched?

:cripes:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

If he's going to make a suit out of the skin then these are important questions :colbert:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LemonDrizzle posted:

It's like anything with stitches if you go too hard you can rip them out. So I just have to be careful until it heals

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Tai posted:

I don't need no injectors with my 160M SP yo

Don't SP shame.

Also, 164.5m :smuggo:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Glad everything went smoothly vyst.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

vyst posted:

Thanks for the kind words folks. And just fyi I think they said they took 25 lbs of skin off.

You're loving inspirational dude. Good luck for the healing process

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

evilweasel posted:

that time you got banned for goatseing the eve-o forums owned btw

Wait how did that happen. Doesn't :ccp: prevent image linking?

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

vyst posted:

It's like anything with stitches if you go too hard you can rip them out. So I just have to be careful until it heals

What do they have you on for the hospital time?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

vyst posted:

Thanks for the kind words folks. And just fyi I think they said they took 25 lbs of skin off.

That's a pretty extreme move just to win the Biggest Loser.

How you feeling?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

xilni posted:

What do they have you on for the hospital time?

I did it outpatient. I'm at home now. I got some hydrocodone for pain.

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!

vyst posted:

I did it outpatient. I'm at home now. I got some hydrocodone for pain.

I can only imagine the sort of allover pain that hydrocodone is fighting. Congrats on the loss though.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Massasoit posted:

Don't SP shame.

130M :( stupid breaks from eve.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Massasoit posted:

Don't SP shame.

Only 43M... :(

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

vyst posted:

Jesus, glad it went ok, you are an inspiration to Fatties like myself :hfive:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Azuth0667 posted:

Wait how did that happen. Doesn't :ccp: prevent image linking?

It didn't, a long, long time ago when I was a newbie and Captain Gordon was posting so terribly on EVE-O he was ordered to get banned from eve-o or get banned from goonfleet. Except, for the first time ever, CCP banned someone in-game for goatseing the eve-o forums :ohdear:. I think the alliance bought him a new character after that.

Image linking is now banned because SOMEONE was using the old image bug + timestamping of quotes to catch spies who posted on eveo.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Massasoit posted:

Don't SP shame.

well, it'll only take you 25 skill injectors to get to the amount of sp I have, that's not too bad

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

evilweasel posted:

well, it'll only take you 25 skill injectors to get to the amount of sp I have, that's not too bad

Yea the year break from 2010-2013 put me behind a bit but I'm still running out of things to train other than cap ships to 5. SP is interesting now because a lot of older players have extracted unused skills for money.

Considering extracting jump fuel conservation 5 from 3 characters.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Hubbl3 posted:

Only 43M... :(

This is a good place to be in, as you have 7m left to get the 400k per injector if you decide you want to use them. Once you get past 50m the conversion kind of sucks.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Massasoit posted:

Yea the year break from 2010-2013 put me behind a bit but I'm still running out of things to train other than cap ships to 5. SP is interesting now because a lot of older players have extracted unused skills for money.

Considering extracting jump fuel conservation 5 from 3 characters.

Yeah, for the past two or three years my main has just been doing things like "what if i got every subcap skill to V?" My titan alt and my main industrial alt long ago ran out of useful things to train so those accounts just train alts, but for my main it's like, why not just keep pumping SP into him. Every so often it pays off, like when there's a random doctrine we start using I know I can use it, whatever it is (entosis rapiers, why not?) perfectly. Well, SP wise, not so much "not blundering into gatecamps" wise.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
weird how zephyrine and dragonstalking switched places, he posts fairly normally and she's the r/eve front page rss feed

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Deofuta posted:

This is a good place to be in, as you have 7m left to get the 400k per injector if you decide you want to use them. Once you get past 50m the conversion kind of sucks.

Thinking about it, I'm at 47M sp, and 54d away from capswarm in a dread. Now to drop that 6B to get to the 50M threshold or not.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

drgnwr1 posted:

Thinking about it, I'm at 47M sp, and 54d away from capswarm in a dread. Now to drop that 6B to get to the 50M threshold or not.

If you're contemplating ever skill injecting on the pilot, do it now but don't use the SP. Just keep it banked for when you want it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

weird how zephyrine and dragonstalking switched places, he posts fairly normally and she's the r/eve front page rss feed

No just local/fleetchat/irc and probably some place on jabber too

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i believe you

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4ipivf/goon_astrahus_downed/ this is what you posted

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

vyst posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaas

This is a weird question but not a totally crazy one. Skin itself is quite elastic but scar tissue is not. It will depend on how they reattach things but it's not a major risk. Muscle is more problematic like that - I had a surgery where they had to crack my abdominal wall in half and I'll never be able to lift like I could without risk of major hernia or tearing.

vyst posted:

Wait til they pull the drains out, I don't think I've ever felt something so uncomfortable, although mine was deep in my abdomen

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Who were the retards that thought putting up a citadel in PB was a good idea anyway

Whats the point of the non-super-dockable ones anyway, just build an outpost.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

Who were the retards that thought putting up a citadel in PB was a good idea anyway

that they cost 1.7b compared to 20b? They're more a better pos than an outpost.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

vyst posted:

Congrats dude. If they gave you opioids for pain management then do yourself a favor and get some Colace or something so you can poo in the loo without giving yourself a stroke. I had an ACL replacement done a couple of years ago and even on minimal doses of hydrocodone my guts went on strike

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Goatman Sacks posted:

Perhaps just a troll by some wealthy Imperium member?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Deofuta posted:

Perhaps just a troll by some wealthy Imperium member?

Provide content to PL for the first time in a month - truly a troll for the ages

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
I mean, what other reason can placing a citadel one jump from Horde staging be? It can't be an actual serious attempt right?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

evilweasel posted:

that they cost 1.7b compared to 20b? They're more a better pos than an outpost.

yeah I forgot how cheap the mediums are

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Well I've decided a few things from the past few days of reading this thread:

1. Congrats Vyst. Seriously. I know ~in character~ I have joked about not caring about being fat but harly and yourself are inspirational to me as I actually am working to drop some weight - at my age the extra 160 lbs or so I'm carrying around isn't doing me any favors (ask my knees and ankles about it.) To see the progress you've made in the time you did to the extent that you needed skin reduction surgery is great, man. I have been considering the lap-band personally. We'll see how things turn out for me, but I am truly happy for your progress.

2. No one cares about the RGSU astrahus - I know it's a nice propaganda piece that it got popped but I have a hard time thinking weas or anyone else in-the-know said that was a good idea. In fact I think finance's official opinion on this when the subject came up before the patch was "sure go ahead and put up whatever you'd like but everyone on the blue list gets to dock there don't expect us to rage form to save it." See? I do more than just shitpost in our forums. Wake me up when a .FART or GEWNS citadel gets anchored and then you'll see something happen if someone tries to pop it.

3. VideoGames is the most :shobon: newbie I have ever seen. To the extent that it makes me want to leave my friends alliancemates and go mine with him. Not because I like mining or even know how, but because I like him more than almost anyone else who has been posting in this thread. And I mean... I gank miners. A lot of them. Goddamn if he isn't adorable though.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

2. No one cares about the RGSU astrahus - I know it's a nice propaganda piece that it got popped but I have a hard time thinking weas or anyone else in-the-know said that was a good idea.

I was certainly surprised to find out it existed. Well, had existed.

I was more surprised to find at least three reddit front-page threads about it considering these days it's the cost of a poorly fitted carrier. I don't think people realize how cheap the mediums are - they're down to 1.8b in jita, cheaper if you roll your own and/or had PI prepatch. It's probably the first citadel kill they got but it certainly won't be the last - the excitement over killing them is more that it's a new thing to kill and less that it's a devastating loss.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

evilweasel posted:

I was more surprised to find at least three reddit front-page threads about it considering these days it's the cost of a poorly fitted carrier.

why? they're obsessed like tumblr people are about supernatural and harry potter

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Beanbox posted:

You did great, I was just interested in what you skilled up.

Thank goodness! I knocked a few days off some of the skills with it and very, very soon (25 days) I should be on the next level of Mining things with Exhumers! I really like the prospects cool painting. Skiffs look like fun as well. I think the goal of getting one of each mining vessel will be very obtainable :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

I was certainly surprised to find out it existed. Well, had existed.

I was more surprised to find at least three reddit front-page threads about it considering these days it's the cost of a poorly fitted carrier. I don't think people realize how cheap the mediums are - they're down to 1.8b in jita, cheaper if you roll your own and/or had PI prepatch. It's probably the first citadel kill they got but it certainly won't be the last - the excitement over killing them is more that it's a new thing to kill and less that it's a devastating loss.

Its interesting that despite crowing about winning and the irrelevance of goons, they rush to reddit to post anything of ours they kill.

• Locked thread