Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

GORDON posted:

It's funny how Summer makes the same argument but then we immediately see how Rick was right with Summer's near-rape like 30 seconds later.

To be fair almost being raped while on one of Rick's Adventures isn't something that just happens to females. Remember what King Jellybean tried to do to Morty?

The universe is a sick and twisted place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

oh Omoly, first race war huh :smug:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Janitor Prime posted:

Also the Jerry daycare was just hilarious and pathetic at the same time

To be fair, the factory tint setting IS always too high.

I imagine it's because maybe they're initially set up to be good floor models in the lighting of a big box store?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DrBouvenstein posted:

I imagine it's because maybe they're initially set up to be good floor models in the lighting of a big box store?

That's exactly what it is.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Whoa, you sound like a guy who's pretty knowledgeable about A/V equipment. Wanna help me get the sound to come out of the stereo instead of the TV?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Whoa, you sound like a guy who's pretty knowledgeable about A/V equipment. Wanna help me get the sound to come out of the stereo instead of the TV?

Let me just finish forwarding this funny email first.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

We tried that, but there's two different colors!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's definitely a worn out premise, but they do some really good things with it. Them at the alien marriage counselling place was amazing.
Jerry on his own can be good, but I just can't ever get into "Jerry and Beth are fighting again" because it always plays out exactly the same way. They pick at each other's insecurities for no reason, they fight some bugs or zombies or whatever, and they declare their undying love for each other. Repeat for the next episode.

Season 3 might finally do something about that, since Jerry and Beth will probably be on opposite sides of what to do about Rick. I just don't want the same lame, schmaltzy speech about how we're a family, dammit, and who says we can't love each other?!

e: I think my beef is that it feels like the show is pulling its punches. Like, Rick will just shoot down Morty's optimism, or the universe can get blown up, but they'll use Jerry/Beth to create this fake upbeat ending that will just be forgotten at the start of the next episode.

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 7, 2016

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

what to do about Rick

Jerry + Doofus Rick buddy rescue adventure, pls.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So if any you got a HTC Vive, Rick and Morty voices the robots from Portal that you shoot from a slingshot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjNxWNriWHE

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

So if any you got a HTC Vive, Rick and Morty voices the robots from Portal that you shoot from a slingshot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjNxWNriWHE

His voice also pops up in Hover Junkers as the robot chef dude.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tenzarin posted:

SwissCM posted:

His voice also pops up in Hover Junkers as the robot chef dude.

They also did voices for Job Simulator and there's a radio station called "Human Music"

I guess Justin Roiland is really into Virtual Reality? :allears: (As if we didn't already know that from the Roy video game)

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

They also did voices for Job Simulator and there's a radio station called "Human Music"

I guess Justin Roiland is really into Virtual Reality? :allears: (As if we didn't already know that from the Roy video game)

He's currently developing a game for the Vive. Article

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
June 7, by the way, is when you can buy your own Plumbus manual.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SwissCM posted:

He's currently developing a game for the Vive. Article

Justin Roiland seems like a pretty cool dude.

No one tell me if he's secretly awful, I don't want to know.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If by cool dude you mean a goony goon, then he's a super cool dude. Dan harmon and Justin Roiland both seem like they'd fit in just fine here.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Here you go:

‘Rick and Morty’ Co-Creator Justin Roiland: “gently caress The Union”
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-rights/rick-and-morty-co-creator-justin-roiland-gently caress-the-union-103723.html

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah as much as I love the art the two of them make they both seem like giant cry baby man-children.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Last Chance posted:

Here you go:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-rights/rick-and-morty-co-creator-justin-roiland-gently caress-the-union-103723.html

Real talk, I don't think Justin Roiland is a union-hating slavemaster.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Last Chance posted:

Here you go:

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah as much as I love the art the two of them make they both seem like giant cry baby man-children.

I SAID I DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW YOU FUCKERS! :argh:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Hey I didn't give any evidence just my own opinion :v:

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

The people you like are bad and that makes you bad!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I wish Roiland's short-lived show House of Cosbys didn't get cease and desist'd, that poo poo was gold.

I'm curiosity Cosby, you see!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Honestly the worst thing about Roiland is probably just his high levels of social awkwardness and naivete about certain things. I forget exactly what it was but he had to have some social/political correctness issue explained to him like during a writing session because he seriously had no idea about it, I forget if this was mentioned in an interview or one of the commentaries in season 1.

Johnny Truant posted:

I wish Roiland's short-lived show House of Cosbys didn't get cease and desist'd, that poo poo was gold.

I'm curiosity Cosby, you see!

I sorta wish they'd find a way to pick that back up now, but I suppose Cosby still has money and lawyers, and recent events might effect the show in negative ways.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Man sure would be great to be able to buy one of these some day, you know if they released them in my continent

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

They haven't started selling Plumbuses in North America yet either. Are they only in Australia or something?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Australia has always had an ample supply of schleem.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Do I have to get my Schlami a work visa? Are they unionized?! I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pretty cool, would play.

Also was watching SNL and... they pretty much directly copied the baby-legs sketch from interdimensional cable? But because it was live-action it was really dumb and awkward.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Zaphod42 posted:

Pretty cool, would play.

MORTY! WE GOTTA GO BUY NINTENDO 3DS's!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Pretty cool, would play.

Also was watching SNL and... they pretty much directly copied the baby-legs sketch from interdimensional cable? But because it was live-action it was really dumb and awkward.

They've been doing that man in a baby body recurring sketch for years. It might even predate Rick and Morty.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

PostNouveau posted:

They've been doing that man in a baby body recurring sketch for years. It might even predate Rick and Morty.

It predates R&M, but it also makes no sense, because they describe him as having "the body of a baby", but he doesn't. He has the body of an adult but the coordination and reflexes of a baby.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

It predates R&M, but it also makes no sense, because they describe him as having "the body of a baby", but he doesn't. He has the body of an adult but the coordination and reflexes of a baby.

Jeez they're still doing that character? It was pretty funny the first time I saw it because to be fair the dude does have the mannerisms of an actual baby pretty down pat. But I also can't see it being funny more than one time. Then again I guess that is SNL's whole m.o.

I think the "body of a baby" thing is referring to his body having a mind of its own. Like it does stuff outside of his control and reacts to things the way a baby would.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Ah okay, my bad. I don't watch SNL that often anymore because you'know...

Guy A. Person posted:

Jeez they're still doing that character? It was pretty funny the first time I saw it because to be fair the dude does have the mannerisms of an actual baby pretty down pat. But I also can't see it being funny more than one time. Then again I guess that is SNL's whole m.o.

I think the "body of a baby" thing is referring to his body having a mind of its own. Like it does stuff outside of his control and reacts to things the way a baby would.

Yeah... honestly that episode was so bad. They had Jay Pharrel doing his same "famous black people impersonations talk to each other" thing he's done a few times before, and they did baby body guy again, and they did something else too.... like literally half the sketches were just repeats of past sketches. :effort:

There was a pretty funny section with Bobby Moynihan as a contestant on American Ninja Warrior (does that show still even exist? holy poo poo) where he just kept failing over and over.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Guy A. Person posted:

To be fair, they did it a few times, and then they didn't do it again until last weekend's show. It seems like we went at least a year without seeing that character after seeing him a few times in a couple of months back when they started doing it.

So, they're not running it into the ground.

Yet.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

There was a pretty funny section with Bobby Moynihan as a contestant on American Ninja Warrior (does that show still even exist? holy poo poo) where he just kept failing over and over.

Sounds like he got over his creative differences with piece of toast then at least

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
That show's been going downhill ever since Garmanarnar left anyway.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I'm just pissed he never got back to those guys.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I bet he'll actually end up going for 25 seasons at this rate :cheeky:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Zaphod42 posted:

Pretty cool, would play.

Did not realize I needed this until now, which I do need this, quite a lot

• Locked thread