Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TotalLossBrain posted:

In what world do those people live in where that's their perceived reality?

The republican echo chamber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Now just replace "Muslim" with "Christian" and....

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

2edgy4me

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tracula posted:

2edgy4me

Oh, is it opposite day already?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The best part of this is where they say that Grace and Aidan are "insanely stupid names". :psyduck:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

TotalLossBrain posted:

In what world do those people live in where that's their perceived reality?

Come check out the Freep thread in D&D if you really want an answer to that. We have such sights to show you.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Tiggum posted:

The best part of this is where they say that Grace and Aidan are "insanely stupid names". :psyduck:

I personally like "pooped out the kid."

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 09:49 on May 10, 2016

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

LAFFO

I love that straight pride avatar is talking about bringing everyone in society together.

I also hate that my lie-beral bias made me open that image in chrome and zoom in (phone posting) to check that it actually was that and not, like, a spoof avatar.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Now just replace "Muslim" with "Christian" and....
They already did that in the second panel though :confused:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Does that say Aidan or Aidani/Aidanj?

Sorry someone said something bad about about your name, Aidan.

Krispy Wafer has a new favorite as of 15:00 on May 10, 2016

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

I'll squawk the world and molt with you

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
The fate of masculinism always gets me vaguely angry, because you could absolutely have had a male focused movement against the kyriarchy, especially if you were on the early intersectional divide. gently caress, even as a kid, I could tell that there were huge gaps in mainstream feminism when it came to anything non-white and non-middle class, but I hoped that masculinism could follow the example of womanism in creating a space that was just, but focuses on their own issues.

Instead, you had people like Warren Farrel and Christina Hoff Sommers who were just "yep, just blame women, 'cause that's way way easier". Ugh.

Tracula posted:

2edgy4me
It's true though?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
This guy just followed me on twitter and he legit looks like a super villain that no one realizes is evil... yet.

quote:

Roger Hamilton, Social Entrepreneur, Futurist, Creator of Wealth Dynamics, Talent Dynamics, Founder of Entrepreneurs Institute

So basically, pyramid schemes? His entire feed is just clickbait articles about "entrepreneurship," risk-taking, and motivational posters.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Exactly how would this work out legally?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Holy poo poo guys, did you hear that MCA died?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

chitoryu12 posted:

Most servers don't claim all the income they get anyway.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

As stated, the server won't claim the income because no one claims all their tips. And in the unlikely event a waiter/waitress is audited to the extent that the IRS is requesting bank statements (which would be a complete waste of time because it'll cost the government more in employee salaries to audit and process than would be collected in unpaid tax unless the "gift" was like $10,000) and assuming the person actually deposited the money, the conversation would go as follows:

"What is this deposit?"
"Oh, that's not taxable. It was a gift."
"We'll need contact information, a gift letter, and possibly verification of the funds."
"I have a card the guy left with the check."
"Oh it was from someone you waited on. Good luck proving that it wasn't a tip."

Seriously, there's a million ways the IRS would not give a poo poo before this guy's "taxation is theft" dogma would come into play.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Well, I hope it was a good GIFT at least.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I guess that's better than those fake $20 bills that say something about the bible, at least.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Snoo posted:

I guess that's better than those fake $20 bills that say something about the bible, at least.

Those things are great. Not for the waiter but everyone else

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

Those things are great. Not for the waiter but everyone else

They're a real good indicator of how much of a prick somebody is. They might as well say "if this was left as a tip the person who left it is a tremendous rear end in a top hat not worth your time."

Leaving them randomly around on like benches or sidewalks or something I can dig but as tips? Hell naw.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

This seems like a good time for a friendly reminder: tip your hard working servers in cash when possible, as credit card tips partially deduct from our paychecks.

Thank you, and enjoy the rest of the thread. :angel:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

FrensaGeran posted:

This seems like a good time for a friendly reminder: tip your hard working servers in cash when possible, as credit card tips partially deduct from our paychecks.

Thank you, and enjoy the rest of the thread. :angel:
Everyone knows this already but not everyone always carries cash. If its all I have then you're getting a credit tip.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cage posted:

Everyone knows this already but not everyone always carries cash. If its all I have then you're getting a credit tip.

1. reminder
2. when possible
3. still very much appreciated

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Cage posted:

FrensaGeran posted:

when possible

edit: beaten, but come on man, don't be a dick

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

If we had the money, we'd be giving $5 tips on our $12 food delivery or whatever, gently caress it. We always tip but I wish it could be more. :smith:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
My reply at the end is probably worse, but I don't understand why this guy has slowly turned into the worst right-wing stereotype imaginable after High School.

And he's been homophobic and transphobic before so I will never stop covering his name and profile picture in some form of pink.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Constitutional originalist... So I guess they're ok with slavery. Gotcha.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Scarf posted:

Constitutional originalist... So I guess they're ok with slavery. Gotcha.

"Uh, I think you'll find that it was actually the Democrats that supported slavery and furthermore *shits pants uncontrollably*"

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

FrensaGeran posted:

1. reminder
2. when possible
3. still very much appreciated

trapped mouse posted:

edit: beaten, but come on man, don't be a dick

Cage posted:

Everyone knows this already

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

I've got nothing against this woman really

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 19:29 on May 10, 2016

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Last week I got a friend request from a crazy looking woman, who I assumed was just a bot. Then I did some digging and found that she had added a bunch of people I work with. Turns out she was having an affair with one of my co-workers husbands and decided to post all his dirty laundry to the world.

Not pictured the handful of sad old man dick pics she has on her profile.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Scarf posted:

This guy just followed me on twitter and he legit looks like a super villain that no one realizes is evil... yet.

I want to push that mole and see what happens.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

So she'll either go to jail or...stay in Texas? Tough choice.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Knormal posted:

I want to push that mole and see what happens.
I'm guessing a nearby garage door opens.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Deceitful Penguin posted:

It's true though?

Oh I know it's true but I just have a hard time taking most anything put onto a motivation poster all that seriously these days.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't know if I should respond seriously to an LOB post. Even if I really want to. Suffice to say those in the "democratic" column don't have to worry about SS busting down their door and taking them away in the dead of night.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Ularg posted:

Suffice to say those in the "democratic" column don't have to worry about SS busting down their door and taking them away in the dead of night.

Except if they're white male Christians, I'm told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Except if they're white male Christians, I'm told.

That's a given. There's a White, Male, Straight and Cis sacrificial quotas to meet every month. How else are we supposed to keep our perfect skin?