Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

mastershakeman posted:

Where is anri after doing both aldrith fights? I read he's at either cathedral of deep bonfire or smoldering lake where Horace was, but no luck with either.

I think go talk Andre first? Or was it handmaiden? Someone at firelink will have a gift for you from Anri, and then they show up at the final spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Ludleth is the one who has Anri's gift.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

mastershakeman posted:

Where is anri after doing both aldrith fights? I read he's at either cathedral of deep bonfire or smoldering lake where Horace was, but no luck with either.
"At" Cathedral of the Deep Bonfire is misleading. Take the first Bonfire there (not the one inside the building), then run up the hill to the side (you have to drop down onto a path that will then lead further up, there used to be an item there but I forgot which). They'll be there hollowed and attacking you. Killing them nets you 1000 Souls and a deep feeling of disappointment.

Oh yeah, and that of course after getting the sword from Ludleth.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mazerunner posted:

I think go talk Andre first? Or was it handmaiden? Someone at firelink will have a gift for you from Anri, and then they show up at the final spot.

Did that. Where in cathedral should he be?

Edit ^^^^ ^ thanks

How anyone figured that out, or that sirrus has a summon sign post aldritch, is beyond me

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

:laffo: Get owned by lag

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Yesterday was a good day. I actually got summoned once to be a bluecop and it only took two and a half hours!

At this rate, I might be able to get all the covenant rewards by August!

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

You can for sure summon for the boss so I don't see why not

e; although probably you can't summon for firelink shrine proper

Area boss is dead by the time you hit the shrine, so this is correct.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

voltron lion force posted:

Its yet another callback to ds1 :v:

That seems like a really low rate though. I averaged 1 about every 100k or so.

I have 450 item find as well. :saddowns:

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
Someone talk me out of this idea:

Iron Flesh + Astora Greatsword w/ Charge weapon skill to close the gap + once in their face follow-up with pyromancy shenanigans (or smack them with your greatsword). I know you can use Quickstep to close the gap, but Charge can cover a pretty significant distance and it can mess them up pretty good.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Seen people talk about double-buffed estocs and stuff; What is that all about? Weapon buff (oil/spell) stacking or something glitchy?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Even with roughly 4000 item find for test purposes, I have never seen an ear from a Silver Knight with all the incidental ones I have happened to kill. It's kind of silly how low the rate is for those and gems.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So other than "keep moving" how he hell do you avoid dragonslayers artillery

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Mazerunner posted:

(PVE) I think I want to say Grand Archives. It wasn't too challenging, but it's an amazing example of economical bonfire and shortcut usage. The constant upwards climb gives a great sense of progression as well. The final gauntlet before the brothers is also a great test of skill, fitting for the last leg... assuming you don't just run past them all.

That gauntlet is there to trick you into thinking you need to run past them all each time you attempt the boss -- or commit yourself to a grueling 10 minute melee.

I wonder how many people missed the elevator that's past them and to the right, which takes you back to a much earlier bonfire.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Even with roughly 4000 item find for test purposes, I have never seen an ear from a Silver Knight with all the incidental ones I have happened to kill. It's kind of silly how low the rate is for those and gems.

I thought I saw somewhere that item find caps out at 500, even though you can technically get it to display higher? I could be wrong though

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

So other than "keep moving" how he hell do you avoid dragonslayers artillery

If one of the butterflies are about to shoot the volley of pellets at you, you can use the fountain in the middle of the arena as cover. I don't think the laser beam move deals damage until the fire erupts from the line it carves, but the super blast might just need to be outrun.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Mazed posted:

That gauntlet is there to trick you into thinking you need to run past them all each time you attempt the boss -- or commit yourself to a grueling 10 minute melee.

I wonder how many people missed the elevator that's past them and to the right, which takes you back to a much earlier bonfire.

Laughing at anyone who isn't this when they get to Penetrator Run-Up 2.0

https://a.pomf.cat/tjqpjq.webm

Laughing at anyone who is this too though because it means they're using demon fist

:smith:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mazed posted:

I missed it until after the fight and then laughed at my own idiocy.

At least I only had to make the run a couple times.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Einwand posted:

I see loads of people using Yhorm's machete which is basically the greataxe with a different heavy attack, more range and damage in return for slightly higher weight, stamina usage and can't be buffed.

I think Yhorm's uses the great club class hyperarmor which imo makes it worse. But I haven't played with it a ton. Also I'm pretty sure it's less damage than a greataxe under most circumstances. I don't think the range is worth the stamina consumption either.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

You have to trade hits with it and leo ring.

Yeah, I tried that out but it still get's wrecked more often than not. Still one of the cooler looking weapons in the game though and when you DO land a trade or hit, it's counter with the Leo ring is ridiculous. Not quite as much as the Profaned Greatsword / Hollowslayer Greatsword but still pretty solid.

It's strange, the game's been out less than a month and I'm already hankering for the DLC. Now to build a viable PVP bow build and annoy the hell out of everyone. And by that I mean, get dicked on by everyone.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Locked into the zone some how and cleared Princes, Soul of Cinder and Nameless King all last night.. Now to decide if I'm going to try Scholar of the First Sin or take a break. Did a Bloodborne Full Clear and now DS3.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

turtlecrunch posted:

Laughing at anyone who isn't this when they get to Penetrator Run-Up 2.0

https://a.pomf.cat/tjqpjq.webm

Laughing at anyone who is this too though because it means they're using demon fist

:smith:

I had no idea that elevator was there and just ran past everyone each time , ha

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

^burtle posted:

Locked into the zone some how and cleared Princes, Soul of Cinder and Nameless King all last night.. Now to decide if I'm going to try Scholar of the First Sin or take a break. Did a Bloodborne Full Clear and now DS3.

I could never beat sotfs but I'm really encouraged to do it right now. I'm stuck on fume Knight, blue smelter and never did dark lurker either. So basically the hardest bosses in the series.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

JetsGuy posted:

PS4 so no backup saves I don't think...

You can. You have to navigate Rupp your system data storage in the system settings. Need a usb drive too.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I was taking a break from the gauntlet and noticed it on my first bit of Sunbroing. Didn't notice it on my first run up the stairs solo because I was just heading full pelt for the boss doors with the entire staircase chasing me.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So Siegward got himself killed during the Yhorm fight. Am I really locked out of his questline permanently because of the game's lovely AI? This really bothers me. I know I get all of his items, but I was trying to complete all the npc quests this run and now I can't because an npc I had no idea was going to get randomly summoned got himself killed because he can't fight for poo poo and can never be resummoned unlike every other summon.

What a massive loving letdown that was, but I guess that's par for the course with Dark Souls quests.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 10, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

I think Yhorm's uses the great club class hyperarmor which imo makes it worse. But I haven't played with it a ton. Also I'm pretty sure it's less damage than a greataxe under most circumstances. I don't think the range is worth the stamina consumption either.

Well I went and made a heavy +10 great axe just to test it, and Yhorm's does indeed do more damage. By an entire 15 AR at 66 strength, Yhorm has higher scaling while the great axe has more base damage, so they'll probably be pretty much equal outside of excessive stat amounts. Can't say about the hyper armour frames though, real hard to test, though it has the great axe classification, not hammer so I'd be surprised if it did.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

So Siegward got himself killed during the Yhorm fight. Am I really locked out of his questline permanently because of the game's lovely AI? This really bothers me. I know I get all of his items, but I was trying to complete all the npc quests this run and now I can't because an npc I had no idea was going to get randomly summoned got himself killed because he can't fight for poo poo and can never be resummoned unlike every other summon.

What a massive loving letdown that was, but I guess that's par for the course with Dark Souls quests though

You already got his goodies and go back to Yhorm's room for his armor and stuff.

There is nothing to his quest after Yhorm, either he sits down and gets naked or he dies. You get the items either way, just not the farewell toast.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

What a massive loving letdown that was, but I guess that's par for the course with Dark Souls quests.

That's the end of his quest anyway it just ended 'and then he got killed' instead of 'sat there for the rest of the game'.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

only thing youre missing is him saying he is going to sleep now and then he dies.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I got all his stuff, it's the fact that I can't actually get the dialogue that bothers me. Guess I'll have to settle for youtube.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Einwand posted:

Well I went and made a heavy +10 great axe just to test it, and Yhorm's does indeed do more damage. By an entire 15 AR at 66 strength, Yhorm has higher scaling while the great axe has more base damage, so they'll probably be pretty much equal outside of excessive stat amounts. Can't say about the hyper armour frames though, real hard to test, though it has the great axe classification, not hammer so I'd be surprised if it did.

Again haven't played with Yhorm's a ton, but it seems like with most great clubs if I am in the face of someone with an estoc or straight sword or something like that, they'll stun me out of a trade. With a greataxe I can get a trade off. I'm pretty sure the pickaxe uses the same hyper armor as as most of the great axes. It also seems like the stagger animation in PVE is more pronounced than the stagger from, for example, a great club. So I think there are standard hyper armor models for weapon classes but some weapons borrow the model from a different class. I *think* Yhorm's borrows from the great clubs because in the little bit I played with it it seemed more similar to my experience with a great club than a great axe.

I've never tried doing testing side by side or anything though, maybe I'm making all of this up.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I got all his stuff, it's the fact that I can't actually get the dialogue that bothers me. Guess I'll have to settle for youtube.

It's like one line so don't beat yourself up too bad about it

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Jeez, someone doesn't know how to animate hands. You pretty much break your thumb to cast Warmth.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

mastershakeman posted:

I had no idea that elevator was there and just ran past everyone each time , ha

:same:

it builds character

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Tallgeese posted:

Jeez, someone doesn't know how to animate hands. You pretty much break your thumb to cast Warmth.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Were you underleveled or what? I didn't know he was going to show up and he just kept knocking Yhorm down and we hosed him up first try.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Low level pvp with a Raw Glaive is possibly the most fun I've had with this game so far. I'm level 30 with 1100hp and enough stamina for 3 swings and some change, and it owns.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Have you tried holding a torch in your left slot and "guarding" with it while standing still? It's one of the most robotic arm movements I've seen in the game.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I had no idea Miyazaki based Yorshka on himself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Guys I think Yorshka is my waifu.