Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seems like a weird defense of 4chan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

The Lone Badger posted:

Someone linked Sword Interval and I've been reading it. Interesting. I like the art.

Fall is the Beast of the Apocalypse, right?

That's a fun one, thanks for linking it. Sort of wish I was coming into it when it was already complete, though.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

nvm misread

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Tollymain posted:

it only gets referred to every few months at most it's not something that happens on every page :v:

See, when i said i only watch Mookie from the bushes outside his house every few months for the last 5 years people said I was obsessed and idk why...

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

The hair doll is what really tipped things.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Good lord, Abominable Charles Christopher updated. And not a guest strip either! I am curious to see if he has a plan for resolving the impossibly unbeatable predicament the main plot was in, where a mountain sized god was approximately five steps away from crushing a city and the main characters were stuck on top of a mountain half a mile away with no way of getting to him in the ten seconds or so that they had left.

Then when it's done he can throw that confusing nonsense in the trash and make it solely about woodland animals doing random stuff, like it should be.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Good lord, Abominable Charles Christopher updated. And not a guest strip either! I am curious to see if he has a plan for resolving the impossibly unbeatable predicament the main plot was in, where a mountain sized god was approximately five steps away from crushing a city and the main characters were stuck on top of a mountain half a mile away with no way of getting to him in the ten seconds or so that they had left.

Then when it's done he can throw that confusing nonsense in the trash and make it solely about woodland animals doing random stuff, like it should be.

Wow, it's been almost a year and a half.
He's been doing some DC comic book, and will be starting a new comic book series for Image soon; hopefully he manages to find time to continue ACC during this run!

Kelly Turnbull made it through her surgery, and her scar really complements her look.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 10, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Morbi posted:

I assure you, the contents of Monday's page are going to more than compensate for how dark the undertones of the comic have been recently.
It was literally the first page I wrote for this chapter, and I've been vibrating in anticipation for months about it.

Today in Poppy O'Possum...

I was not expecting that.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Pyroclastic posted:

Wow, it's been almost a year and a half.
He's been doing some DC comic book, and will be starting a new comic book series for Image soon; hopefully he manages to find time to continue ACC during this run!

Kelly Turnbull made it through her surgery, and her scar really complements her look.
Those are some fine comments.

Coelasquid posted:

TheChainsawCodpeice posted:

Looking forward to the new artist but at the same time gonna miss the old artwork. There can never be another Machismo artist the you, try though they might
I’m just taking a week off…

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Archenteron posted:

Today in Poppy O'Possum...

I was not expecting that.

I like how this page kinda works as a summary of Kit's entire arc so far. Messed up due to the unreal pressure on her, refused to accept kindly offered help, got punished repeatedly.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
woah poppy

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'm now at the part in Pastel Defender Heliotrope where a Hitler loving slime monster who is also Jesus reunites with the evil scientist whose enslaved nanny she was decades before. This is completely ludicrous.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I tried to reread it but that wall of exposition at the start stopped me dead in my tracks. But I still remember the very last sentence of the comic and how it's the most "tell, not show" thing ever.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 10, 2016

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Wasn't there a webcomic that ended with the author saying "gently caress it" and just writing out the rest of the story as one big text post?

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Wasn't there a webcomic that ended with the author saying "gently caress it" and just writing out the rest of the story as one big text post?

Stubble?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
JDR rules and I really wish there were more webcomics out there by people with world views as strange as hers.

It almost reminds me of Kazuo Umezu's work. Things vacillate back and forth from cute to grotesque and horrific so frequently it takes on a really queasy psychotic tone.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I'm not sure if it's the one you're thinking of, but Teahouse ended similar to that. Except it was more like four or five posts.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think this was the plan for Cheap Thrills, but if there was such an update, I didn't see it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Erfworld? I think that was an artist/writer pair thing and the artist left.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

A webcomic?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Carrasco posted:

I tried to reread it but that wall of exposition at the start stopped me dead in my tracks. But I still remember the very last sentence of the comic and how it's the most "tell, not show" thing ever.

I entirely skipped that part. It's definitely a super, super bad storytelling decision, the more so because the various colours of energy slime or whatever have nearly gently caress-anything to do with the story.

Like, if it was a puzzleboxy Oyvind Thorsby-esque farce about how all the different energy slimes interact with each other...well, I'd still recommend you drip feed that info, but it would make more sense at least. But instead it's literally just this huge wall of super irrelevant and complex exposition that you can skip entirely at 0 detriment to your understanding of the ensuing events.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Chainmail Bikini?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

many great webcomic artists have used this strange trick

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND

Wittgen posted:

I like how this page kinda works as a summary of Kit's entire arc so far. Messed up due to the unreal pressure on her, refused to accept kindly offered help, got punished repeatedly.

Kit's entire subplot is actually an elaborate metaphor for the process of being a longform webcomic author.

(That is a joke, I am joking)

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Could it be you're thinking of the Game Games Bowl?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Moddington posted:

Could it be you're thinking of the Game Games Bowl?

he-llo now what is this

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Xenogears

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

I think Avalon did that. Of course, the images are broken while the text remains, so now we get to know how it ends but not how it starts.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Android Blues posted:

I'm now at the part in Pastel Defender Heliotrope where a Hitler loving slime monster who is also Jesus reunites with the evil scientist whose enslaved nanny she was decades before. This is completely ludicrous.

Pastel Defender Heliotrope? Ludicrous?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

qntm posted:

Pastel Defender Heliotrope? Ludicrous?

That's loving badass

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I knew heliotrope looked familiar. It's by the loving unicorn jelly person. I never understood that one either.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
you are all a pound of clowns. i have crafted an online work about a nubile piece of flesh and i expect your high regard. it's a feminist tract. her eyes are bright, her lips are pink, her rear end is pert yet dainty... in fact she's me and the comic is autobiographical so it's mostly about grillz shalamov rubbing her red cooch on shop windows and the interesting twinks she meets in prison

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Avshalom posted:

you are all a pound of clowns. i have crafted an online work about a nubile piece of flesh and i expect your high regard. it's a feminist tract. her eyes are bright, her lips are pink, her rear end is pert yet dainty... in fact she's me and the comic is autobiographical so it's mostly about grillz shalamov rubbing her red cooch on shop windows and the interesting twinks she meets in prison
Oh, you write Grillz Shalamov and the Interesting Twinks? It's pretty good!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
thanks, it's a spiritual successor to the book of esther

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite part of JDR art is how stuff is drawn kind of isometrically, but with enough errors in perspective to make you dizzy.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Avshalom posted:

link pls

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Does anyone remember a gothic horror webcomic about a boy being created from a skull? It was very Edward Gorey and one of the storylines involved going to a library filled with skull hermit crabs. I can't find a trace of it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

mycot posted:

Erfworld? I think that was an artist/writer pair thing and the artist left.

Except Erfworld is still running as a Story With Pictures these days. I'd call it a comic, but the text pages seem to greatly outnumber the artwork whenever I check on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Dmitri-9 posted:

Does anyone remember a gothic horror webcomic about a boy being created from a skull? It was very Edward Gorey and one of the storylines involved going to a library filled with skull hermit crabs. I can't find a trace of it.

It was called Ballad. The websites it was hosted on seem to have been down for quite a while.
http://moderntales.com/?name=ballad
The creator's, Deadmouse, website seems to be down too.
http://www.deadmouse.net

• Locked thread