Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
drat, that's harsh. :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Nothing wrong with wanting a pic with one of the founding fathers of your democracy

:drat:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Man, that was a loving atomic burn.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

Cyrano4747 posted:

Nothing wrong with wanting a pic with one of the founding fathers of your democracy

god:drat:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Cyrano4747 posted:

:aaa:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

close the forums

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
drat

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Looks like Fat Leader's feelings got hurt.

inkjet_lakes
Feb 9, 2015
Wow. That post alone was worth my $9.95.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Silly BBC should have reported on their heroic light pollution prevention efforts. :bestkorea:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Man. Do I at least get a little credit for the set up?

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up
I started it. Secondary assist.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cyrano4747 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

I saw Bock's Car when my grandfather took me to the Air Force museum in Dayton. I was 12, and my 9 year old sister was with us. Her best friend was a Japanese exchange student named Chie or something, so she had a childhood obsession with Japan.

When we got to Bock's Car I held her up and let her touch the landing gear before reading the museum placard to her. Because I was her rear end in a top hat older brother I couldn't help it... "According to the sign this plane killed 80,000 Japanese people. It dropped an atom bomb on Japan!" I said in mock surprise. As she stared at it a look of horror and anguish crossed her face, and I decided to push it. "If Chie was here and the plane fell on her, they'd have to change the sign to say 80,001."

With a shriek of fury she spun around and kicked me in the shin as hard as she could. She was wearing those pointy-toed little girl dress shoes, too. It was surprisingly painful, and I dropped to the floor clutching my ankle. She left me there crying on the ground next to the B-29 and ran off to find Grandpa so she could tell on me. I still have a little scar on my shin from it.

So re: Bock's Car, while I was clearly the victim of the attack, I also take moral responsibility for the chain of events that ultimately provoked it.

Syd Midnight fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 10, 2016

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Syd Midnight posted:

So re: Bock's Car, while I was clearly the victim of the attack, I also take moral responsibility for the chain of events that ultimately provoked it.

This thread is on fire today.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

iyaayas01 posted:

Yeah, every democracy needs a mommy and a daddy

Bockscar would be the daddy of course

Pretty sure there were two daddies there.

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?

Godholio posted:

This thread is on fire today.

Hey, Tokyo was on fire too :boom:

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

0toShifty posted:

Hey, Tokyo was on fire too :boom:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_bomb

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
This thread today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Every time I see that video, the Cranberries crack me up for no reason.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

mlmp08 posted:

Every time I see that video, the Cranberries crack me up for no reason.

Even better, it's not actually the Cranberries, it's a (Japanese?) cover of the Cranberries.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

drat. I bet Cyrano expected a lot, but I don't think he expected it to be a 15 megaton joke.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

I think it is more like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s502HgQn7Vo

and

https://i.imgur.com/lyFB18P.gifv

in one

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

xthetenth posted:

drat. I bet Cyrano expected a lot, but I don't think he expected it to be a 15 megaton joke.

he was just lucky it was a dragon of a post, tbh

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I can't handle this wave of jokes, I'm having a loving meltdown over here.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

:regd10:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

:stare: I could feel sweat beads starting on my forehead as I watched that.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Cyrano4747 posted:

:perfect: :five:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

LostCosmonaut posted:

I can't handle this wave of jokes, I'm having a loving meltdown over here.

don't evacuate the thread because you feel a bit over pressured, just retaliate with jokes of your own

worst they can do is bomb

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Russia to test "Satan-2" nuclear weapon that could destroy area the size of Texas or France

This is a promising development.

Edit: Actually, does this violate SALT or other nuclear weapons treaties? I thought there was a limit on warheads per rocket/missile?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Shooting Blanks posted:

Russia to test "Satan-2" nuclear weapon that could destroy area the size of Texas or France

This is a promising development.

Edit: Actually, does this violate SALT or other nuclear weapons treaties? I thought there was a limit on warheads per rocket/missile?

START II placed limits on number of MIRVs per missile, but Russia withdrew from START II after the US withdrew from the ABM treaty. The replacement for START II, called SORT, limits the number of deployed and ready-reserve warheads and delivery vehicles, but does not limit the number of MIRVs per launcher.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

MrYenko posted:

START II placed limits on number of MIRVs per missile, but Russia withdrew from START II after the US withdrew from the ABM treaty. The replacement for START II, called SORT, limits the number of deployed and ready-reserve warheads and delivery vehicles, but does not limit the number of MIRVs per launcher.

I think 12 was the limit anyway

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

VikingSkull posted:

I think 12 was the limit anyway

Ya, the US has unilaterally re-armed our land-based ICBMs with single warheads, and retired the Peacemakers. Trident II retains it's MIRVs, but SLBMs are always accounted for separately, anyway.

The political aversion to nuclear weapons development in the US is a little worrisome to me, since Russia doesn't seem to have that problem. Not to say we need a second cold war, but proper maintenance and upgrading of our nuclear forces within the constraints of international treaty is a prudent precaution to maintain deterrence, and something that has stopped almost entirely since 1991.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm almost done with Command & Control, and they didn't do that stuff before 91 either lol

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

VikingSkull posted:

I'm almost done with Command & Control, and they didn't do that stuff before 91 either lol

:v:

Touché

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I honestly think we're just much better at keeping secrets than they are. They have domestic and international reasons to tout new capabilities, I think those in power in Washington (probably somewhat rightly) just let stuff develop behind black funds secure as the lone global superpower. They understand we're capable enough to keep up MAD, we use that development money for F-35 laser helicopterboats

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

Well we kept building more so it worked that way!

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.
I was just out in the backyard with my dogs and a C-17 Globemaster flew over, landing at Orlando International. What a shrieky-rear end airplane, with a wonderfully large T-tail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

What a shrieky-rear end airplane,

Someone who's never been near a C-141 spotted.