Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Imagine how lovely you have to be to be kicked out of terrestrial sports radio entirely.

Imagine how lovely you have to be to have your only option be what amounts to a loving internet podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

That list of takes was the funniest thing I've seen in awhile, I was dying.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

How the gently caress is Jessica Mendoza the worst when Tim McCarver and Joe Buck exist?

Also, :lol: at those titles, god drat

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

DJExile posted:

Imagine how lovely you have to be to be kicked out of terrestrial sports radio entirely.

Imagine how lovely you have to be to have your only option be what amounts to a loving internet podcast.

They are still infesting the airwaves on Fox sports radio in the 3am-6am PDT timeslot.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This is almost art.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

I was gonna post something like "Ok, he doesn't like a certain announcer. Big deal."

But then I saw those hot takes, and he made my head explode.

edit: Mike North also called into his own station in 2006 WHILE DRIVING DRUNK. How he was not immediately fired is beyond me.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 10, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Traxis posted:

They are still infesting the airwaves on Fox sports radio in the 3am-6am PDT timeslot.

The only radio that matters in a slot like that is George Noory and replays of Art Bell :tinfoil:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Mike North's Wikipedia page is a goldmine

Calling Chicago Cubs Korean pitcher Jae Kuk Ryu a "Chinaman.

North has released a CD, Caucasian Man, with music and interview highlights. This CD includes a parody song titled "Secret Asian Man."

Opining that Hispanic-American newscaster Antonio Mora could get better ratings if he wore a sombrero during his newscasts

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

North has released a CD, Caucasian Man, with music and interview highlights. This CD includes a parody song titled "Secret Asian Man."

Opining that Hispanic-American newscaster Antonio Mora could get better ratings if he wore a sombrero during his newscasts

holy poo poo :stare:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/730081678761308161

This feels like hell froze over

DJExile posted:

The only radio that matters in a slot like that is George Noory and replays of Art Bell :tinfoil:

You probably meant 3-6 AM EDT

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

You probably meant 3-6 AM EDT

Yeah I was mostly speaking in generalities

Also the Cowherd/Whitlock show is going to be a full hour long :stare:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

No one wants to watch those clowns for five monutes, much less an entire hour.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

AsInHowe posted:

No one wants to watch those clowns for five monutes, much less an entire hour.

First Take is two hours long, those shows are built to chew up airtime

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah I don't know why you guys are shocked by this.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

morestuff posted:

First take wasn't two hours of Skip and Stephen tho.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

First take wasn't two hours of Skip and Stephen tho.

Last time I saw it it was, though it may just have felt like it

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

morestuff posted:

Those shows are built to chew up air time during off-peak, minimal viewership hours. They aren't built to anchor the station around.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

AsInHowe posted:

Those shows are built to chew up air time during off-peak, minimal viewership hours. They aren't built to anchor the station around.
LMAO look at this rube who doesn't understand the sheer disruptive genius of the Fox Sports One broadcast model.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Blast Fantasto posted:

I spent a while searching for audio of his drunken call into the station but no luck.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

North also has the most absurd Chicago accent that has ever brayed, just imagine one of the Superfans screaming about replacing Jay Cutler with Jimmy Clauson it is literally shocking to me that enough people exist that can listen to that and think to themselves yes this is good that someone paid him 90s radio money which was real money.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

North also has the most absurd Chicago accent that has ever brayed, just imagine one of the Superfans screaming about replacing Jay Cutler with Jimmy Clauson it is literally shocking to me that enough people exist that can listen to that and think to themselves yes this is good that someone paid him 90s radio money which was real money.

It doesn't matter if they listen because they agree or they listen because it's a trainwreck all that matters is that they listen.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

The Duke Nukem Forever of longform journalism.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The name Mike North is really familiar, did he ever get pranked by Don & Mike or something like that?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

The last one is incredibly racist but I would watch a news program hosted by a man in a sombrero tbh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Toilet Mouth posted:

The Duke Nukem Forever of longform journalism.

People wanted DNF to happen though

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

morestuff posted:

Last time I saw it it was, though it may just have felt like it

Maybe, I haven't watched in a while.

Actually it used to feature them in like five minute chunks every twenty minutes.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

The last one is incredibly racist but I would watch a news program hosted by a man in a sombrero tbh

Now I'm wondering if they have some sort of show down in Mexico that's like some kind of over the top variety show, except with guys screaming bad opinions about soccer at each other.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Sash! posted:

Now I'm wondering if they have some sort of show down in Mexico that's like some kind of over the top variety show, except with guys screaming bad opinions about soccer at each other.
ESPN DEPORTES

CADA DIA LE SEMANA

­­¡PERDON POR LA INTERRUPCION, POR FAVOR!

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius
I guess I forgot who Craig Kilborn was, because I downloaded the most recent BS podcast expecting Craig Ferguson's gentle Scottish brogue and ended up hearing the most pompous rear end in a top hat in the universe tell stories about his non-famous friends that made Bill Simmons seem thoughtful and reserved by comparison.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Props Department posted:

I guess I forgot who Craig Kilborn was, because I downloaded the most recent BS podcast expecting Craig Ferguson's gentle Scottish brogue and ended up hearing the most pompous rear end in a top hat in the universe tell stories about his non-famous friends that made Bill Simmons seem thoughtful and reserved by comparison.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/730796088815288320

Woah that guy sucks

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Props Department posted:

One one hand, I admit I watched the Daily Show more when he was around

On the other hand, there's a reason he's like tv's Stephon Marbury (without the Chinese worship) in which every show gets better after he leaves

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Props Department posted:

In your defence, they both hosted the same late night show and are named Craig. The major difference of course, is that Ferguson is charming as gently caress, and Kilborn is the polar opposite. Dude lost his gig hosting the Daily Show to Jon Stewart by implying the Executive Producer of the show wanted to suck his cock

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In your defence, they both hosted the same late night show and are named Craig. The major difference of course, is that Ferguson is charming as gently caress, and Kilborn is the polar opposite. Dude lost his gig hosting the Daily Show to Jon Stewart by implying the Executive Producer of the show wanted to suck his cock

Check out this interview from the LA Times, in which Kilborn agreed to be interviewed on the condition that he conduct the interview.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-ca-st-craig-kilborn-interview-20151115-story.html

quote:

As an 8-year-old my father and I would wear matching cardigans and watch "Firing Line" with the legendary William F. Buckley Jr. Ever since then I've preferred my politics from full-time intellectual pundits, not my fellow man, or worse, a misguided co-worker.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Check out this interview from the LA Times, in which Kilborn agreed to be interviewed on the condition that he conduct the interview.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-ca-st-craig-kilborn-interview-20151115-story.html

What a tool

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Thank you all for doing a public service, I was actually going to listen to that.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

If you want to watch Bill Simmons say "loving" and act tough

https://twitter.com/HBO/status/731669653974454272

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So what is HBO getting out of this investment?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Toilet Mouth posted:

A big name and some continual content.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Toilet Mouth posted:

Bill Simmons is really popular and a well known name they can use to help push HBO Now or whatever

MourningView fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Phil Mushnick, who hates everyone except old white people, unsurprisingly hates Katie Nolan too