Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

See, I don't think you making repeated, sincere "lol I'm a male look at that *googly eyes*" for all the women posted here is quite on the same level as making titty jokes on a page where said googly eyes are being posted about tits, but there we go.

At least Aeminal was blunt about what he was jacking it to, I guess.

Be blunt and speak your mind.

I won't take offense and would rather deal with your accusations in a direct manner.

If you want to accuse me of simply objectifying models, then flat out do so.

Please don't hide behind words that could be used in a manner otherwise of what I think you may be insinuating.

Be blunt. I'll take the ban or what not, from what I deem a response and will respect you more for speaking your accusation directly.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grem posted:

Silk, but not the "good" costume.

Yeah, now that you mention it, it feels like it's incomplete. It needs a little more 'spark' of some kind before it's perfect.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
So, SnatchDuster's poo poo posting is occasionally entertaining. The rest not so much. Post more pictures, and less words?

MsJoelBoxer
Aug 31, 2004

Your judicial opinions hypnotize me.
I made my first ever cosplay this year for PAX East (Chun Li from Street Fighter) and a very nice photographer stopped and asked to take a photo. This link goes to the Imgur album of about 400 of the photos he took. Here's the shot he got of me. I am beaming and really grateful to have this memory of a pretty incredible day.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

MsJoelBoxer posted:

I made my first ever cosplay this year for PAX East (Chun Li from Street Fighter) and a very nice photographer stopped and asked to take a photo. This link goes to the Imgur album of about 400 of the photos he took. Here's the shot he got of me. I am beaming and really grateful to have this memory of a pretty incredible day.

Nice work!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

MsJoelBoxer posted:

You're awesome and that album is a pro-click! :)

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

duz posted:

A bunch of pins/clips on the back?

I guess not.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

MsJoelBoxer posted:

2/10 legs aren't twice the width of your torso. (This is actually real good, good job)

Edit: Also I clicked the album and the first thing I saw was the Singed cosplayer who was the only one I took a picture of at PAX East.

Glagha has a new favorite as of 16:37 on May 10, 2016

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

The Repo Man posted:

So, SnatchDuster's poo poo posting is occasionally entertaining. The rest not so much. Post more pictures, and less words?

I fixed them:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheMadMilkman posted:

I guess not.

What if is this photo they were moved to the side now? :tinfoil:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Went to London for the first time and just learned that British royalty cosplayers exists.

Forti
May 5, 2009

TheMadMilkman posted:

I guess not.

Is there a special name for that kind of light material with the hexagonal pattern on it? I need a bunch of it for a costume but have no idea what to search for.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Forti posted:

Is there a special name for that kind of light material with the hexagonal pattern on it? I need a bunch of it for a costume but have no idea what to search for.

I think most costumes of this style are custom-designed patterns that are dye-sublimation printed on lycra, then sewn up by the cosplayer. I don't think there's a "base" lycra with that design on it. That said, there are definitely folks who you can commission to design you a printing pattern that you can then send to be dye-subbed.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Patattack posted:

I think most costumes of this style are custom-designed patterns that are dye-sublimation printed on lycra, then sewn up by the cosplayer. I don't think there's a "base" lycra with that design on it. That said, there are definitely folks who you can commission to design you a printing pattern that you can then send to be dye-subbed.

Can confirm this is how the Tron:Legacy cosplays from Dragoncon a few years back were done.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Forti posted:

Some people I know have used spoonflower.com to custom print that kind of pattern, I see a lot of results for a search on "hexagon" too. Expensive as gently caress for lycra though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

That Darth Vader is spot on.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

The Shadow knows?

Also I just realized that I need to coordinate a group cosplay of every Biff from every timeline, just shuffling around like a flock of turkeys, calling people "butthead."

Boomerjinks has a new favorite as of 23:39 on May 10, 2016

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Pretty good Caroline in the City cosplay, but the woman should have dressed as Richard instead of Del. Would have been way more recognizable.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

MCFLY YOU BOJO

I really hope that guy never stopped calling other con-goers "bojo"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kilo147 posted:

That Darth Vader is spot on.

Silence, earthling!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Patattack posted:

MCFLY YOU BOJO

I really hope that guy never stopped calling other con-goers "bojo"

Bozo

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

You're about to get corrected by nerds

Is that actually Lea Thompson cause that makes that one photo extra good

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

hhhat posted:

it isn't, but i know her and i'll pass this along. :D

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Future slang, dogg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fROq-ZxtvnU

Patattack has a new favorite as of 12:59 on May 11, 2016

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

We're these des moines?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ottawa Comic Con is on this weekend, so I'm hoping to go one day and get some photos.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

hhhat posted:

Yes, the woman who is not dressed as the dumpy BTTF 1 Lorraine (the one holding the sign) is almost certainly Lea Thompson idk what that other guy is talking about.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Lea Thompson and Gillian Anderson aging like fine wine, gatdamn, son

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

titties posted:

Yes, the woman who is not dressed as the dumpy BTTF 1 Lorraine (the one holding the sign) is almost certainly Lea Thompson idk what that other guy is talking about.

oh, i got my celebs and posts mixed up, i thought you meant the female biff ganger, that cosplayer is an old friend of mine.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Deviant posted:

it isn't, but i know her and i'll pass this along. :D

is she single

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

titties posted:

that isn't a sign and you make me sad

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nice! :rock:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Just because the name of the restaurant is Five Guys doesn't mean you have to eat enough for five guys

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Internet Wizard posted:

Just because the name of the restaurant is Five Guys doesn't mean you have to eat enough for five guys

And it's not cheap! That's like $60 worth of delicious burgers, dogs, and fries.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Bernadette Bentley makes a good Xena

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Wow she looks a lot like Lucy Lawless

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU