Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Trials is closer to N++'s "try try try try try try again NAILED IT gently caress YES!!!' gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Montalvo posted:

Trials Fusion is also 10 dollars; which is exactly how much cash I've got burning on my PS store account. Should I go for Rayman or Trials? I tend to prefer games with high replay value, and the last platformer I played was N++, which I enjoyed tremendously.

Both, really

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Montalvo posted:

Trials Fusion is also 10 dollars; which is exactly how much cash I've got burning on my PS store account. Should I go for Rayman or Trials? I tend to prefer games with high replay value, and the last platformer I played was N++, which I enjoyed tremendously.
it's no Motorbike, but you should get Trials anyway. If you're lucky maybe Track Central is even working today

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

ExCruceLeo posted:

Didn't realize the Hitman sale would end today and didn't purchase it last night while browsing :(. Guess I"ll wait for the next episode and maybe another sale.

There was a Hitman sale? :(

Guess I'll wait until all episodes are out and patched, then buy it all in one go.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MeatwadIsGod posted:

There was a Hitman sale? :(

Guess I'll wait until all episodes are out and patched, then buy it all in one go.

It was only 10% off.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
While not a big deal or anything, $10.99 is more expensive than I was expecting for Afterbirth. Still getting it though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

shame the vita can't handle the binding of isaac's expansion of all games

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
The SUPER AWESOME edition of Trials is $15. That means it's Trials plus $30 of DLC. AKA, get that, it's great.

If you're not sure, get the demo of Trials Fusion. If you like that, get the game.

Also, get the demo of Rayman Legends.

Also, I know you only had $10, I'm sorry.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

axleblaze posted:

While not a big deal or anything, $10.99 is more expensive than I was expecting for Afterbirth. Still getting it though.

It's a pretty sizable chunk of new content and a lot of fun.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Skychrono posted:

The SUPER AWESOME edition of Trials is $15. That means it's Trials plus $30 of DLC. AKA, get that, it's great.

Is all of the DLC high-difficulty stuff? I hit a wall in the base game ages ago, but would love some more mid-level challenges.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Montalvo posted:

Both are well worth it. Rayman has a lot of gameplay (and constant reasons to come back to it, if they're still updating the daily/weekly challenge leaderboards,) but Trials has just about infinite replay value.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

barren_sky posted:

Is all of the DLC high-difficulty stuff? I hit a wall in the base game ages ago, but would love some more mid-level challenges.
No, they all have a good mix of low-mid difficulty to super hard stuff, plus new skill games.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Skychrono posted:

Oh poo poo, I might go for this. N++ still has plenty of content to satisfy my platformer needs.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Is the crew actually worth it? Either edition? Just would like a non serious racer to mess around with. Isn't it open world?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Montalvo posted:

Oh poo poo, I might go for this. N++ still has plenty of content to satisfy my platformer needs.

I really love Trials Fusion. There's a ton of good content, and with the SUPER AWESOME edition you get every piece of "content" so there are no user-created levels that would be locked. That is, you will have everything in the game thus far.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

axleblaze posted:

what were you expecting? thats the same price as on steam. most of us probably got the base game for free anyway so i dont mind tossing them a few bucks.

voltcatfish posted:

shame the vita can't handle the binding of isaac's expansion of all games
wow i kind of figured the delay was them trying to get it working on vita. makes sense though given how the base game runs on it in certain situations. i doubt the 3ds version will be getting it either.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What are some good Final Fantasy-type things on PS4 that I couldn't get in physical?

Heavy anime is fine. I ran both Trails in the Sky games back to back a while back and loved them to death. Worse comes to worst I'll just grab and replay 7 but would rather a new experience.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Trails of Cold Steel
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth

Edit: Oh, can't get physical. Uh...no idea then.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Bound by Flame worth 10$? I've heard rather bad things.

Watrick fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 11, 2016

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Ineffiable posted:

Is the crew actually worth it? Either edition? Just would like a non serious racer to mess around with. Isn't it open world?

Be aware: its an always online game.
It's a decent arcade racer and yes, it is open world with mostly checkpoint racing. Wild run adds bikes/Monstertrucks/drag and drifting competitions. I've been playing on and off since around Christmas and the multiplayer is decently healthy.
Wild Run lets you enter into a monthly event called "The Summit" which is a set of new challenges/multiplayer races every couple days.

Don't buy the season pass; that's just a collection of new cars and there are enough in the game.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Anyone else ever have trouble hooking up a CC to the PSN store? I had an old credit card and it worked fine, but it expired so I got a new one and it won't work. I know the new one is activated because I've used it for other placed, just the PSN Store says there's something wrong.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Anyone else ever have trouble hooking up a CC to the PSN store? I had an old credit card and it worked fine, but it expired so I got a new one and it won't work. I know the new one is activated because I've used it for other placed, just the PSN Store says there's something wrong.

After that big psn credit card breach, I've been buying instant digital gift cards on amazon and loading it into psn that way. Maybe try that? :geno:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tequila Sunrise posted:

CCs never work right with PSN anymore, use Paypal or get codes off Amazon

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Pardot posted:

After that big psn credit card breach, I've been buying instant digital gift cards on amazon and loading it into psn that way. Maybe try that? :geno:

That's a good idea, thanks. Talking to a CS rep he told me my card was locked because there were several unsuccessful attempts to use my card, which were done by me...trying to buy a game. So I don't know wtf happened.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tequila Sunrise posted:

That's a good idea, thanks. Talking to a CS rep he told me my card was locked because there were several unsuccessful attempts to use my card, which were done by me...trying to buy a game. So I don't know wtf happened.
Nothing happened, Sony has ratcheted up their fraud protection to the point that nearly everyone gets a false positive, and they lock you out completely for at least a day for even one error. Even the PayPal gets locked out, but since they don't get your PayPal billing address you can actually add and use that after the lockout expires.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huxley posted:

What are some good Final Fantasy-type things on PS4 that I couldn't get in physical?

Heavy anime is fine. I ran both Trails in the Sky games back to back a while back and loved them to death. Worse comes to worst I'll just grab and replay 7 but would rather a new experience.

Other than a couple of indie games channeling the spirit of SNES stuff and FF7 there's very little that doesn't have a physical release. I Am Setsuna should be out sometime this year though, which has Chrono Trigger style combat and looks pretty neat. I don't think it has an actual release date yet however.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Watrick posted:

Bound by Flame worth 10$? I've heard rather bad things.

It isn't, no.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

The PSN is notorious for denying credit cards for no reason, and there isn't really any way to fix it. The best solution is to buy PSN gift cards, especially since then your credit card isn't stored in their server that gets hacked every other day.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Dr Sun Try posted:

It's a decent arcade racer and yes, it is open world with mostly checkpoint racing. Wild run adds bikes/Monstertrucks/drag and drifting competitions. I've been playing on and off since around Christmas and the multiplayer is decently healthy.
Wild Run lets you enter into a monthly event called "The Summit" which is a set of new challenges/multiplayer races every couple days.

Don't buy the season pass; that's just a collection of new cars and there are enough in the game.

I'm okay with it being always online, as long as I can just get on and mess around and then join a race or event. I would think the season pass is kind of worth it because the crew is on sale this week and the season pass is only an extra four dollars? I'm sure upgrading to the wild run edition is worth an extra 2 dollars over the normal edition.

Are there 'community' events kind of like burnout paradise? Something that everyone can coop towards. Those were brilliant.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 11, 2016

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

CrashCat posted:

CCs never work right with PSN anymore, use Paypal or get codes off Amazon

I've added two, different name and different address on each, in the last 4 months and both worked without a hitch. I'm in Canada though, if that's worth noting.

Edit:

Recommend me / What would you do #1:

Binding of Isaac looks fun as heck, and Afterbirth is out, but I just picked up Crypt of the Necrodancer so I have a new rogue-like to play for a while. On the one hand I only buy on sale (except for The Witness) but on the other hand BoI is like $14.99 and Afterbirth is $10.99 so in the next few months the most I could realistically expect to save is like $8 from a 30% off bundle yea?

Recommend me / What would you do #2:

N+ was my most-played game in 2008. A few years later I completed everything in Super Meat Boy, it was phenomenal. However, I went back to N+ a while after that and it just felt too slow and floaty and I couldn't get into it again. Of course that's the style and it works fantastically well for that game, but I just had a mental block and yearned for the snappier movement of SMB.

Did anyone else feel like they had to learn to re-appreciate the N+ style? N++ looks like a blast but I'm reluctant to buy it if I'll have the same reaction.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 11, 2016

Cable
Dec 20, 2005

it'll come like a wind.
Is the David Cage Ultimate Cinematic Experience Pack worth 20€ (about 20 USD noawadays)?. I genuinely liked Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, as dumb as it is

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yes if you go in expecting sobadit'sgood.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Ineffiable posted:

I'm okay with it being always online, as long as I can just get on and mess around and then join a race or event. I would think the season pass is kind of worth it because the crew is on sale this week and the season pass is only an extra four dollars? I'm sure upgrading to the wild run edition is worth an extra 2 dollars over the normal edition.

Are there 'community' events kind of like burnout paradise? Something that everyone can coop towards. Those were brilliant.

Wild Run is definitely worth it, Season Pass for four dollars isn't bad either.

I don't know Burnouts events, but there is barely any coop, you can form a crew of up to four players and race together against the AI or another crew of players, but thats basically it in terms of coop.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Dr Sun Try posted:

Wild Run is definitely worth it, Season Pass for four dollars isn't bad either.

I don't know Burnouts events, but there is barely any coop, you can form a crew of up to four players and race together against the AI or another crew of players, but thats basically it in terms of coop.

I'll pull the trigger then. The Complete edition is just a little over twenty dollars. I need something to mess around between uncharted sessions. Grabbing trials as well.

Maybe once trackmania drops down to 20 bucks I'll grab it then and it'll probably be a more fun racer than the crew.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

I'll pull the trigger then. The Complete edition is just a little over twenty dollars. I need something to mess around between uncharted sessions. Grabbing trials as well.

Maybe once trackmania drops down to 20 bucks I'll grab it then and it'll probably be a more fun racer than the crew.

There is no reason to skip the demo. The sale will still be there.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dr Sun Try posted:

I already own the base game and am confused about buying the Wild Run edition that also comes with the base game. Is there a better option?

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Rad Valtar posted:

I already own the base game and am confused about buying the Wild Run edition that also comes with the base game. Is there a better option?

WR is an expansion, you cold just buy that, but it doesn't seem to be on sale:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/the-crew-wild-run/cid=UP0001-CUSA00221_00-WILDRU0000000000

buying the complete edition would actually be cheaper, but I have no idea how PSN would handle someone essentially buying the game again

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dr Sun Try posted:

WR is an expansion, you cold just buy that, but it doesn't seem to be on sale:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/the-crew-wild-run/cid=UP0001-CUSA00221_00-WILDRU0000000000

buying the complete edition would actually be cheaper, but I have no idea how PSN would handle someone essentially buying the game again

It just gives you the "different" stuff normally. It works, but you basically flatten your purchase of the incomplete version entirely.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the truth posted:

There is no reason to skip the demo.
one more useless thing clogging up my library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Seriously try the demo, it killed all interest I had in the game.

• Locked thread