Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

JT Smiley posted:

Most of my figures are customs so that would be a horrifying experience all around.

"OH GOD THESE AREN'T MY ARMS"

I'd just stick a bunch of my Doctor Who figures in there. Little Doctors to talk to would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

JT Smiley posted:

Most of my figures are customs so that would be a horrifying experience all around.

Tell us more.:magical:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Xenomrph posted:

It'd be like that part in the monkey's paw story where they wish their son back to life oh god I have so many customs that would just spend eternity screaming in agony.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Xenomrph posted:

My wife likes to compare my hobby to that weird kid in Toy Story. She's not too far off...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah. Same here. I got into that Custom scene back in the day when I first started collecting. The customs looked so cool!

Mine were just horrifying. So yeah. I'd say a good percent of my old stuff is literal garbage right now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Disney is cancelling the Infinity line so if you liked any of the little pieces now would be the time to get em.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

POP QUIZ: you have the cupboard from The Indian in the Cupboard, what do you put in it (and why). Note that the cupboard probably can't accommodate a Hot Toys 1:6 scale Tumblr (or even a regular HT figure, I can't remember how tall the shelves were depicted as).

Every single answer thus far is the wrongest. There is no other option

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Xenomrph posted:

POP QUIZ: you have the cupboard from The Indian in the Cupboard, what do you put in it (and why). Note that the cupboard probably can't accommodate a Hot Toys 1:6 scale Tumblr (or even a regular HT figure, I can't remember how tall the shelves were depicted as).

SRC Genesic GaoGaiGar

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

DrChud posted:

Found these for 50 cents at a garage sale, Mac might be a little dirty but I'm happy:toot:

That's what the toy collecting game is all about - good job.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Vintersorg posted:

Disney is cancelling the Infinity line so if you liked any of the little pieces now would be the time to get em.

Never played the game or bought any, but drat: Some of these guys had amazing sculpts. Maybe a helmetless Steve Rogers, Ronan, or Venom would be nice on my desk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just put a bunch of them in my cart on Amazon, gonna wait it out and see if they get cheap.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I got a few that I going to sell off since there no point in keeping characters I was meh on. But I am sad to see it go. The gameplay was decent even through it was so much better then 2.0, but the figures looked so good most of the times, with exception being on stuff like Thor or Poe.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vintersorg posted:

Whoa, really? I figured they were selling well.

I might have to grab Poe Dameron and Boba Fett if they go on clearance.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Brother I could show you about 10 walmarts/targets that are telling a very different story.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

Every single answer thus far is the wrongest. There is no other option

In my defense I do not own one of these, so it was not an option for me.

I have no defense as to why I don't own one of these.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

I don't even know if he's out yet. Diamond isn't shipping until June 29th.

Still the only answer.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It's been out in Japan for a month now.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Travis343 posted:

I'll cave on him after I can put him in a display with Bowie and not a moment before.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Wait, is there a Bowie action figure? TELL ME THERE'S A BOWIE ACTION FIGURE

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I have a Jareth figure, not sure about actual Bowie.

Side note, series two of the Diamond Select Ghostbusters are starting to hit TRU. I haven't seen them yet here.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Xenomrph posted:

I might have to grab Poe Dameron and Boba Fett if they go on clearance.

Rhyno posted:

I just put a bunch of them in my cart on Amazon, gonna wait it out and see if they get cheap.

Between Amazon and Toys R Us's website, I've found pretty much all of them for around $8.99 and below.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

No, that's what I'm complaining about, what's the drat holdup on at least 10 different Bowie action figures?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Why cookie Rocket posted:

No, that's what I'm complaining about, what's the drat holdup on at least 10 different Bowie action figures?

presumably, getting the rights to use his likeness

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'd buy a "Bowie as Nikoka Tesla" figure.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Xenomrph posted:

I'd buy a "Bowie as Nikoka Tesla" figure.

Only if it was a by that company that does the JoJo figures, and in the same style

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

I think my Defining Moments Ric Flair would be fun to hang out with, although he'd probably bug me all the time to go buy him booze and some Barbies to put in the cupboard for him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

10 Beers posted:

Between Amazon and Toys R Us's website, I've found pretty much all of them for around $8.99 and below.

Tons of them have been that price for a while. I paid $8.50 for Hawkeye months ago. I'll only dip in if they drop to $5.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Brother I could show you about 10 walmarts/targets that are telling a very different story.

They're filled with Skylanders and Amiibos too, but those are both doing very well.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I have a Jareth figure, not sure about actual Bowie.

Side note, series two of the Diamond Select Ghostbusters are starting to hit TRU. I haven't seen them yet here.

Wave 1 is up on Amazon too, grabbed all three for $70, stoked they're the diorama versions

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Louisgod posted:

ide note, series two of the Diamond Select Ghostbusters are starting to hit TRU. I haven't seen them yet here.

They're.. not good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

They're filled with Skylanders and Amiibos too, but those are both doing very well.

Amibos are such a head scratcher. They're not that cool or well made and yet people are literally punching each other in stores over them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The_Doctor posted:

They're.. not good.

No but they're better than the 5" repackaged turds that were released with the female Ghostbuster figures. I think Ray and Winston are pretty good, especially for $15.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Rhyno posted:

Amibos are such a head scratcher. They're not that cool or well made and yet people are literally punching each other in stores over them.

It was because of the rarity of certain figures early on. It was nearly impossible to find a Marth, Villager, or Wii Fit Trainer in the wild at first. Then others like Little Mac and Meta Knight continued that trend.

Now it's really easy to get any of them at, below or occasionally above MSRP. They're also the only ways to get a figure/merchandise of certain characters like Lucas, Ness, and the Fire Emblem people.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

I have a handful of Amiibos for specific Nintendo characters I like (Samus, Link) or just give me a chuckle because they exist (Duck Hunt, ROB, Mr Game & Watch, Shovel Knight). It helps that I have Super Smash Bros for the 3DS and can actually use them in-game and stuff.

I know a few people who collect literally every single one, and that kind of stuff I don't really understand. But I collect a lot of goofy poo poo that other people probably don't care about, so I'm really not going to knock them for it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Reinanigans posted:

It was because of the rarity of certain figures early on. It was nearly impossible to find a Marth, Villager, or Wii Fit Trainer in the wild at first. Then others like Little Mac and Meta Knight continued that trend.

Now it's really easy to get any of them at, below or occasionally above MSRP. They're also the only ways to get a figure/merchandise of certain characters like Lucas, Ness, and the Fire Emblem people.

There's a figma or figuarts or one of those Lucina, but I think that's it.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
Does anyone have experience with bootleg Nendoroids? Sonic has gotten to be incredibly expensive and there are $15-16 Chinese KOs all over eBay. Am I going to regret not dropping the extra $80-90?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aphrodite posted:

There's a figma or figuarts or one of those Lucina, but I think that's it.

There is an amazing Figma Lucina. My Wife bought it for me for my last birthday :D

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Come on man, we're figure collectors. We know the difference between well-stocked but moving and pegs full to bursting with the same old poo poo that's not even moving when it's on sale. I'm definitely just relaying some anecdotal info, but at least in western Washington those things just aren't moving. I pass the same batch of them on my way to the Lego dimensions rack (that's constantly being depleted and refilled).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lego and TT are also able to frequently sell their product for massive discounts and still turn a profit. I'd be curious to see a unit cost breakdown on each of the collect & play games on the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Louisgod posted:

No but they're better than the 5" repackaged turds that were released with the female Ghostbuster figures. I think Ray and Winston are pretty good, especially for $15.

Oh yeah, Ray and Winston are the best ones. I've seen Egon, Peter and Dana in person though. Eh. And the uniforms could definitely skip a couple of the dirt washes they're putting on them.