Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I could be biased but Ireland would be a good rally to have in the dark souls of racing spirit. Awful tarmac/gravel/mud mixture and narrow as gently caress roads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I'm still voting for Rally Azores because racing on the rim of a loving volcano :black101:

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I'd go with some more hillclimb stages, preferably in the alps.

Also, Sanremo is where it's at.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'd like to see the Race to the Sky for hillclimb mode and the Safari Rally.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Jehde posted:

Safari Rally.

Oh sweet jesus yes. Especially if they add a Porsche 911 or 959 to go along with it :flashfap:

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

T1g4h posted:

Oh sweet jesus yes. Especially if they add a Porsche 911 or 959 to go along with it :flashfap:

How expensive is it to license Porsche these days? I think having Mazda and Nissan in the mix would be easier to work with than those krauts.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

EA holds the Porsche license so you basically have to suck their dick AND balls in the one mouthful to get it.

Forza doesnt even have porsches unless you Pony up $20 for the DLC pack.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

T1g4h posted:

Or the Celica

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Is multiplayer Rallycross in this game or only against the AI?

Laserface posted:

EA holds the Porsche license so you basically have to suck their dick AND balls in the one mouthful to get it.

Forza doesnt even have porsches unless you Pony up $20 for the DLC pack.
Supposedly the licence is/was due to expire this year but I haven't heard anything concrete about it recently.

Roller Coast Guard fucked around with this message at 11:22 on May 10, 2016

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The licence is out of EA exclusivity, but still costs a shitload of money that few devs are willing to spend.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Sadistic posted:

Also new Goonleague has gone active and it's Germany. Come race fuckers.

Is this still dirtygoons or has it changed? I just started and got Finland :/

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Still the Dirtygoons league linked in the OP, and yes it's the final week of the league and is Finland. Germany was the first week.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Goddamn, the Renault Alpine A110 is lots of fun. I didn't expect a 60's car to feel this quick, and it's sketchy enough to make it much more interesting to drive than the Mini. Good poo poo.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Helicon One posted:

Is multiplayer Rallycross in this game or only against the AI?

I has bad que times but it is possible to get into a game with other players.

Been a while but when I last played pvp rallycross the main problem with it was that it would start the race with only 2 people and as others would join they would never be able to fill the gap in the lead of the player that was there since the beginning. This causes a lot of players to quit from what I saw because every other part of this game has players racing against a clock and it makes some nerds lose track of how fun it is to be able to shoulder up with another car and run them off the track or into a wall.

It's probably my least played part of this game. The tracks are kind of boring with only the joker lap keeping things interesting. Other than that, the novelty of a high horsepower Fiesta sleeper wears off quickly.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.

njsykora posted:

Still the Dirtygoons league linked in the OP, and yes it's the final week of the league and is Finland. Germany was the first week.

Whoops, sorry I'm dumb and bad.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I can beat Open class by like a minute but clubman I always end up finishing 4th :(

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Shine posted:

Goddamn, the Renault Alpine A110 is lots of fun. I didn't expect a 60's car to feel this quick, and it's sketchy enough to make it much more interesting to drive than the Mini. Good poo poo.

A guy who's driven every car on the same stage posted better times with the Alpine than every other 70s car save the Kadett.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

quote:

Overall Leaderboard

03:29.824 - Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2 / Group B (4WD)
03:33.108 - Lancia Delta S4 / Group B (4WD)
03:36.091 - Audi Sport Quattro Rallye / Group B (4WD)

The top 3 cars in that list are extremely legit.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Triple A posted:

How expensive is it to license Porsche these days? I think having Mazda and Nissan in the mix would be easier to work with than those krauts.

Oh, it's dirt cheap. See, first you talk to Porsche and they laugh in your face before giving you a flat "no" and then you go next door to the RUF offices and they'll kit you out.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
That makes me wonder what video game did it first. Gran Turismo 2 had cars from RUF (which confused the hell out of me as a child). What was the first video game to discover the sweet RUF workaround?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

A little looking around says it was GT2 that introduced Ruf to videogames. That's the earliest I can find mention anyway. There were Rufs in the 2008 Sega Rally too which I'd forgotten.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sega Rally Revo also had a Formula Offroad jeep, making it the second-to-last game to ever do so.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sega Rally Revo was amazing and I'm sad you can't buy it digitally anywhere.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I picked up Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo on the cheap for the ps4.

Tons more content than Dirt Rally. Dirt Rally looks, plays, and more importantly sounds better.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

It's a 2010 car so it's probably not a surprise, but the hyundai rally is awesome. I love the engine sounds :hellyeah:

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

I haven't followed the news around this game, but I've played it a ton. Is there any new content on the horizon or have they abandoned it? Is it possible to mod in new cars and tracks?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Pretty Cool Name posted:

I haven't followed the news around this game, but I've played it a ton. Is there any new content on the horizon or have they abandoned it? Is it possible to mod in new cars and tracks?

Last I heard, this game is feature complete and they are working on a sequel.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well I hope that sequel is a super quick turn around.

Codemasters has done a helluva job on everything. All they need to do is iterate on Dirt Rally 1

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

Shine posted:

Last I heard, this game is feature complete and they are working on a sequel.

That makes me both happy and sad. I usually hate DLC but throw in a couple of cars and a new track and I'd throw my money at them. On the other hand, an entire sequel is nice too but so far in the future.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

If you think its going to be a full blown sequel and not just a mild graphics/handling engine tweak with some new content then you're kidding yourself.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Laserface posted:

If you think its going to be a full blown sequel and not just a mild graphics/handling engine tweak with some new content then you're kidding yourself.

Dunno who you're trying to kid. Dirt Rally already has a buttload of content (seriously we got almost ever car we wanted) and they said specifically that the reason they're moving on to something new is that the current engine has limitations preventing them from doing the kind of stuff they want to do. Next Dirt release will be notable, we just don't know if it will be Dirt 4 or Dirt Rally 2, I'm happy either way.

Really Dirt Rally was the incremental update to Dirt 3, it was just so insanely well done as to supercede it.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Yeah, the Dirt 3 engine is 5 years old at this point and while it got updated for Showdown and Rally, I'm guessing they're going with a new engine. Wonder how they'll handle the Dirt/Dirt Rally split for the next games.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Jehde posted:

Dunno who you're trying to kid. Dirt Rally already has a buttload of content (seriously we got almost ever car we wanted) and they said specifically that the reason they're moving on to something new is that the current engine has limitations preventing them from doing the kind of stuff they want to do. Next Dirt release will be notable, we just don't know if it will be Dirt 4 or Dirt Rally 2, I'm happy either way.

Really Dirt Rally was the incremental update to Dirt 3, it was just so insanely well done as to supercede it.
super rad job brah, why don't you push the youtube button to youtube that clip onto youtube? give it a go!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Arzachel posted:

Yeah, the Dirt 3 engine is 5 years old at this point and while it got updated for Showdown and Rally, I'm guessing they're going with a new engine. Wonder how they'll handle the Dirt/Dirt Rally split for the next games.

This really is the question, because the way the treatment of the game changed from early access to consoles said to me that it sold way better than anyone expected. It was the project of a few devs experimenting with physics development and seems to have drawn in the whole studio. I'd be curious how Evolution play into it, as I wouldn't be surprised if they made Dirt 4 while the Codemasters Racing team made Dirt Rally 2.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Great Joe posted:

super rad job brah, why don't you push the youtube button to youtube that clip onto youtube? give it a go!

after loving around with shadowplay and then reencoding in handbrake to something youtube wont choke on, id actually like a youtube button

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

bitcoin bastard posted:

after loving around with shadowplay and then reencoding in handbrake to something youtube wont choke on, id actually like a youtube button

The Shadowplay format uploads to YouTube just fine for me if I trim it without re-encoding. Only downside is the large file size.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Shadowplay, trim in VLC, then upload to streamable has been working well for me.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Shine posted:

The Shadowplay format uploads to YouTube just fine for me if I trim it without re-encoding. Only downside is the large file size.

Yeah I don't have much upload (Comcast yay), so I'm not even going to try and upload a 10+GB video.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.
I'm still kicking myself over the Dirtygoons league race. I had a 23 second lead coming into stage 6 then blew a tire early enough in that I couldn't just ignore it and push on to the end.

I love you Dirt Rally, why you gotta hurt me like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
git gud

• Locked thread