Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Someone suggested the perimeter citadel was actually a break-a-wish citadel that they planted and destroyed for e-fame. But who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I got distracted by the space map and decided to visit a cool sounding name and ended up 22 jumps away from my starting point. I saw some Gallente stations today.

They look amazing and I am pretty giddy at being able to go out there and see more amazing things! There are so many systems and I've only visited a handful! I will get a really cool exploration ship and go away and say hi to the universe! :3:

Have you done the SOE arc [head to Arnon to start]? It deliberately takes you around multiple empires and station types, and some of the mission areas look pretty cool. Worth checking it out. It's great for standings too.

ullerrm posted:

1) Drop seven dreads on it. (It only takes one dread to reach the DPS cap for a medium; however, if it's properly fitted and manned, a medium will reliably pop a dread every 2-3 minutes. By the time you hit the RF timer, you'll have lost 5-6 dreads, and the seventh will finish the job.)
2) Drop a decently sized subcap gang on it that's capable of sigtanking the citadel's fire while still reaching the DPS cap.

What's a good citadel fit for anti-subcaps? A bunch of neuts to break Guardians + some damage to break their DPS ships? It seems people are suggesting the overall subcap DPS is too low to be a problem.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

CCP nerfed how fast you can go a pretty long time ago, so now those crows go considerably slower, roughly 9-10km/s nowadays and nobody actually does that anymroe

Technically, you can still get a Claw to go north of 26km/s in a C6 Black Hole with an oversized MWD, not that you can do anything with that but watch it go.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I believe the current speed record is around 40kms with an oversized confessor

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Khablam posted:

Have you done the SOE arc [head to Arnon to start]? It deliberately takes you around multiple empires and station types, and some of the mission areas look pretty cool. Worth checking it out. It's great for standings too.

What's a good citadel fit for anti-subcaps? A bunch of neuts to break Guardians + some damage to break their DPS ships? It seems people are suggesting the overall subcap DPS is too low to be a problem.

I've heard subcap DPS peaks at about 700 DPS on astrahaus, so good luck breaking those guardian reps. If it's highsec, expect whoever is attacking you to be buffer fit.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
highsec citadel warfare is :laffo: as gently caress, just web/scram 2 of their logi and bump them apart with neutral macharials, then kill them separately

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

highsec citadel warfare is :laffo: as gently caress, just web/scram 2 of their logi and bump them apart with neutral macharials, then kill them separately

High sec is such a terrible place.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I've heard subcap DPS peaks at about 700 DPS on astrahaus, so good luck breaking those guardian reps. If it's highsec, expect whoever is attacking you to be buffer fit.

The fitting window DPS of a single T1 launcher with Battleship rated missiles is just over 800 (does include one BCS), and you can fit two on a medium.

Edit:
And for the hell of it, also with 1 BCS:

Cruiser Missles = 410
Frigate Missiles = 123

And reloads are instant (at least they were on the test server).

nessin fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 10, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Khablam posted:

There's basically no such thing. The antisubcap launchers are complete and total garbage, especially since you only get two launcher hardpoints on a medium.

* The "SD" missiles that are supposed to be intended for anti-frigate are basically identical to faction HMLs on a Drake, and deal ~130dps per launcher.
* The "MD" missiles (intended to be anti-cruiser) have similar stats to faction cruise missiles fired from a Typhoon, ~450 dps per launcher.
* The "LD" missiles (intended to be anti-BS) are somewhat similar to a Rage Torp fired from a Raven, ~850 dps per launcher.

And none of them will deal full damage to their targets unless there's at least one web on them. A citadel that actually fits antisubcap missiles is generally capable of picking off a solo subcap target over several seconds, but will be largely useless against a fleet with even a single logi, and useless against dreads.

:ccp:

You're basically best off defaulting to an anti-capital setup, which is genuinely holyshit frightening to dreads/supers, and has some ability to alpha-strike subs with the anticap missiles if you stack lots of webs/TPs on them.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Zephyrine posted:

High sec is such a terrible place.

i'm about to make it great again

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Just went on SiSi to sit in a poo poo skilled T1 Gun/Ammo Rev to reinforce a Citadel. Takes half an hour to reinforce a shield (wasn't mine, so maybe whoever fit the one I shot at had hardeners on) time on a medium citadel. That's assuming you're bringing enough DPS to hit the DR limit. Don't imagine most people here care, or maybe even already knew that, but just thought I'd throw it out there because I'm a nut job.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

nessin posted:

Just went on SiSi to sit in a poo poo skilled T1 Gun/Ammo Rev to reinforce a Citadel. Takes half an hour to reinforce a shield (wasn't mine, so maybe whoever fit the one I shot at had hardeners on) time on a medium citadel. That's assuming you're bringing enough DPS to hit the DR limit. Don't imagine most people here care, or maybe even already knew that, but just thought I'd throw it out there because I'm a nut job.

Yep. (And no, there are no hardeners or other tank modules for citadels.) Because of the DR limit, it will never take less than 25 minutes to reinforce a medium. The medium DR limit can be hit by a single dread.

Of course, like I said, a properly fit medium will murder a solo dread in 2-3 minutes -- especially the Revelation, who has real problems when facing XL neuts that drain 11,000 cap per cycle -- so you have to bring more than one.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 10, 2016

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

i'm about to make it great again

But you can't build a wall in space.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ullerrm posted:

Yep. (And no, there are no hardeners or other tank modules for citadels.) Because of the DR limit, it will never take less than 25 minutes to reinforce a medium. The medium DR limit can be hit by a single dread.

Of course, like I said, a properly fit medium will murder a solo dread in 2-3 minutes -- especially the Revelation, who has real problems when facing XL neuts that drain 11,000 cap per cycle -- so you have to bring more than one.

or you could use any kind of cap booster dread and be completely fine

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

or you could use any kind of cap booster dread and be completely fine

Or you could use a Naglfar or Phoenix and not give a gently caress at all :toot: Capless guns, capital Ancillary Shield Boosters, what's not to love!

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ullerrm posted:

There's basically no such thing. The antisubcap launchers are complete and total garbage, especially since you only get two launcher hardpoints on a medium.

* The "SD" missiles that are supposed to be intended for anti-frigate are basically identical to faction HMLs on a Drake, and deal ~130dps per launcher.
* The "MD" missiles (intended to be anti-cruiser) have similar stats to faction cruise missiles fired from a Typhoon, ~450 dps per launcher.
* The "LD" missiles (intended to be anti-BS) are somewhat similar to a Rage Torp fired from a Raven, ~850 dps per launcher.

And none of them will deal full damage to their targets unless there's at least one web on them. A citadel that actually fits antisubcap missiles is generally capable of picking off a solo subcap target over several seconds, but will be largely useless against a fleet with even a single logi, and useless against dreads.

:ccp:

You're basically best off defaulting to an anti-capital setup, which is genuinely holyshit frightening to dreads/supers, and has some ability to alpha-strike subs with the anticap missiles if you stack lots of webs/TPs on them.

Thanks for the effort post. It'll be in a WH incapable of supporting capitals, so I will probably just assume it can't put up much defence against threats found there.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Khablam posted:

Thanks for the effort post. It'll be in a WH incapable of supporting capitals, so I will probably just assume it can't put up much defence against threats found there.
Citadel defences in low class wormholes are great, they just don't have useful dps. Load it up with neuts and webs and use it to support your own subcaps - it can be a sort of giant stationary bhaalgorn.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/1z9gfcm.webm

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/YaLBv6X.webm

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

VideoGames posted:

I got distracted by the space map and decided to visit a cool sounding name and ended up 22 jumps away from my starting point. I saw some Gallente stations today.

They look amazing and I am pretty giddy at being able to go out there and see more amazing things! There are so many systems and I've only visited a handful! I will get a really cool exploration ship and go away and say hi to the universe! :3:

I forgot to check - did you accept collect the Heron skin I contracted to you in Jita? I couldn't find it when we were talking in corp but found it later on my market alt.

I realised that without explaining it may have looked like an unwarranted contract or scam; but the 0 isk contract is the safest way of trading an item to someone who isn't online at the same time or location as you

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

apparently I did something terrible that nobody alerted me about : https://m.reddit.com/r/pandemichorde/comments/4endja/newbean_kos_goon_heavyweight_his_name_rocky_iv/?ref=readnext

edit: oh good it was someone rear end in a top hat named allweasel

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

wow he sure showed you, with that 5 million isk kill and all.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Gone out on three ops in my space cleric ships, no one has taken any damage all three times.

Apparently the galaxy is so afraid of groon that the things we catch don't even fight back? welp

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

wow he sure showed you, with that 5 million isk kill and all.

lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

Gone out on three ops in my space cleric ships, no one has taken any damage all three times.

Apparently the galaxy is so afraid of groon that the things we catch don't even fight back? welp

Were you fighting I-RED?

E: I-RED dead :rip: M.O.W. too, how many groups are still left from 7 years ago?

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 11, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Were you fighting I-RED?

E: I-RED dead :rip: M.O.W. too, how many groups are still left from 7 years ago?

Of the old Syndicate perennials, the only survivors (to wit) are Groon, Rote, and BOS. (And Eve Uni, if you count them.)

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Was I Red that like ishukarata defence some rp poo poo. I remember owning those guys back in the day

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Syndic Thrass posted:

Was I Red that like ishukarata defence some rp poo poo. I remember owning those guys back in the day

Yep Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive, they wouldn't engage unless they had a fleet composed of 50% or better logi, and they had to outnumber you by at least 10.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

No one cares about the RGSU

Did they actually built the citadel? What a stupid move, I told them a couple of weeks ago, how stupid it would be to put up a citadel now, and what they do? Exactly what I told not to.

E: Grammar is hard.

Kirs fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 11, 2016

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
whats left of IRED merged into 404 recently

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Were you fighting I-RED?

Alot of I-Red wound up merging into 404, who we're now blue to. They've chilled alot and fly some actual fun brawling comps with us and we get access to the suba pipe for pve stuff. Its all good times.

Pretty much all the old groups from even 2-3 years ago moved out or died due to syndicate being a content desert. Rote is still alive and shooting stuff in querious though.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

One day i'll draw an MSpaint then i'll join groon, because crap I know a lot of chill dudes in groon.

E: that would require me to log in though, which is widely regarded as a bad idea, there's a lot of good games coming out.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 11, 2016

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

One day i'll draw an MSpaint then i'll join groon, because crap I know a lot of chill dudes in groon.

E: that would require me to log in though, which is widely regarded as a bad idea, there's a lot of good games coming out.

Battlefield 1 isn't until October, you have plenty of time. Everything else is meh or trash.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

dragonstalking posted:

Battlefield 1 isn't until October, you have plenty of time. Everything else is meh or trash.

Overwatch is quite A-Mei-zing, wasn't actually impressed by battlefield 1 too much, I've been burned by AAA games collapsing before their first expansion (The Division :rolleyes:) is out so I'll wait for the GOTY.

Also, the White Day remake just got greenlit on Steam, I've played the original and I even braved part of the iOS port (I hate mobile controls), and they've done a really good job of it. Game will scare the absolute piss out of you and is worth a look up if you like scary poo poo, they added a lot of additional content that was cut from the original, and it has an actual non-poo poo translation.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 11:58 on May 11, 2016

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

VideoGames posted:

I remember the first time I set out to see a cool sounding named system.

Old Man Star

I died from a gate camp. :3:

Crimewave
Apr 6, 2016

hugbox
For the history archives: ScaredPanda is MintChip v.2.0

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
The EVE subreddit is insufferable.
I liked it because it centralise new patch-notes, dev blogs, ingame events, YouTube video and some interesting third party site posts.
Lately the signal to noise ratio has became way too low for it to be worth reading.

Is there some other source of news that isn't full of garbage meme, poo poo propaganda and killmails in triplicate?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Krogort posted:

Is there some other source of news that isn't full of garbage meme, poo poo propaganda and killmails in triplicate?

Not really, no.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Pale Peril posted:

I remember the first time I set out to see a cool sounding named system.

Old Man Star

I died from a gate camp. :3:

loving same lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Krogort posted:

The EVE subreddit is insufferable.
I liked it because it centralise new patch-notes, dev blogs, ingame events, YouTube video and some interesting third party site posts.
Lately the signal to noise ratio has became way too low for it to be worth reading.

There used to be the official eve-o forums but CCP have all but abandoned ship over there.

• Locked thread