Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
why do the greens have so many white people

http://nsw.greens.org.au/candidates/nsw

im pretty sure the nationals have a more diverse ticket than this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
Doesn't look like it http://nationals.org.au/candidates/

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Negligent posted:

why are there so many white people in australia

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
negligent was good a little while back but then he kind of got an inflated ego from all the praise and now he (??) is poo poo again

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Recoome posted:

negligent was good a little while back but then he kind of got an inflated ego from all the praise and now he (??) is poo poo again

typical entitlement age millennial wanting a participation trophy and taking any praise they can

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

What praise?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

loving lol the ALP nominated a literal union thug with convictions for a assaulting police for the seat of Fremantle

Shorten will never be pm

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Negligent posted:

loving lol the ALP

hey i fixed your post

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Negligent posted:

loving lol the ALP nominated a literal union thug with convictions for a assaulting police for the seat of Fremantle

Shorten will n
ever be pm

kinky

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
The lawyer for a taxi driver who sexually assaulted a young woman in his cab has told a court the attack would not have happened if the woman had sat in the back seat.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
wow you telling me that a lawyer is human garbage

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Wouldn't have happened if she didn't take a cab at all is likely another line of thinking that person would make

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

gay picnic defence posted:

The lawyer for a taxi driver who sexually assaulted a young woman in his cab has told a court the attack would not have happened if the woman had sat in the back seat.

This seems a flawed argument that'll get loving torn apart by the prosecution.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

tithin posted:

This seems a flawed argument that'll get loving torn apart by the prosecution.

The magistrate dismissed it but the driver still only got a suspended sentence.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Wouldn't have happened if she had a gun.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The magistrate dismissed it but the driver still only got a suspended sentence.

loving

what

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Wouldn't have happened if she had a gun.

what if the cabbie had a gun

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Seagull posted:

what if the cabbie had a gun

Freedom would happen

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Jesus Christ is this the foetal alcohol syndrome fan club or something?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Negligent posted:

I know when I think

no you don't

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Looks like 7 Eleven are being a pack of dodgy fucks. Sacking the independent review that was looking over the conditions and pay of their workers, just so they can find out the names of the workers (which was supposed to be confidential) who have spoken against the company and also minimise the pay out franchisees have to give their workers.

Fucks. Alan Fels is politely tearing the 7 Eleven management a new one on 730 at the moment

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.
What are the police doing about this? Surely shaking down employees for half their pay packet outside the store is an open and shut case of extortion. This isn't an industrial relations issue, it's an organised crime issue.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

The West Australian can reveal that Mr Brown will be ditched by Labor leader Bill Shorten after the former wharfie failed to disclose convictions from the 1980s.

Mr Brown pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer during an altercation with other men in the 1980s.

Mr Brown was also convicted and fined $200 for driving under the influence of alcohol in the mid-1980s.

what a great guy, would fit right in with the other union thugs in the labor caucus

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

tithin posted:

loving

what

Judges are soft on crime? Apparently the cabbie is a refugee from Ethiopia who has a young family and is dealing with PTSD. Meanwhile the woman can't bring herself to use taxis or public transport, feels unsafe around men, suffers nightmares and panic attacks, and is on medication that stops her from working and studying.

I mean that is a lovely background for the cabbie to have come from but assault is assault and imo you should see at least some time behind bars if you commit it.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/no-prison-time-for-taxi-driver-omar-hassan-who-sexually-assaulted-passenger-20160511-gosnl5.html

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

no special treatment for reffos

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

judges are soft on crime is such a bullshit line trotted out mostly by ignorant right wing dickheads who want us to follow the USA

quote:

Reflecting on his decade at the head of the Supreme Court in Western Australia, Chief Justice Wayne Martin says he remains concerned by the state's high incarceration rates despite crime rates falling.

"The public consider that we are drowning under a wave of crime and the courts of Western Australia are responding leniently and ineffectively to those crimes," Mr Martin told Geoff Hutchison on 720 ABC Perth.

"Neither of those perceptions are true."

Crimes rates in Australia have been in decline for the past 20 years, even in states where incarceration rates have not increased, Mr Martin said.

Ten years ago there were 3,300 people in WA prisons — now there are around 6,000, and Mr Martin said there continued to be widespread community concern about lenient sentencing for serious crimes.

He said policymakers had at times responded to this public concern by mandating higher punishments.

"Politicians have to respond to community values and they have to win elections if they want to be in government, but there is a need for a balance," Mr Martin said.

"Politicians have a responsibility to lead and to shape community values and to point out the true facts.

"I think the best way of keeping the community safe is by addressing the causes of crime.

"That means looking at the causes of crime — drug abuse, mental illness, homelessness and disadvantage.

"You can't keep people in prison forever; you've got to let them out."

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Negligent posted:

The West Australian can reveal that Mr Brown will be ditched by Labor leader Bill Shorten after the former wharfie failed to disclose convictions from the 1980s.

Mr Brown pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer during an altercation with other men in the 1980s.

Mr Brown was also convicted and fined $200 for driving under the influence of alcohol in the mid-1980s.

what a great guy, would fit right in with the other union thugs in the labor caucus

Nah but he being disendorsed its ok

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775365

Oh look a stickied GBS thread about Nauru.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

I just learned more than I expected about Nauru from a GBS thread

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775365&userid=135346

This guy's posts are particularly good.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

The photo journal was very good 10/10

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The best part was everyone eating KFC on the plane to Nauru from Brisbane.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

why are you guys reading gbs when master chef is on

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Laserface posted:

I work with a number of cafes and restaurants and any toaster worth a poo poo is over $1000.

When they have to be on basically all day and not fail they do need to be robust and reliable and a $30 breville doesnt really cut it. Our staffroom unit is a breville and its been replaced 3-4 times in the last 12 months.

I always buy ultracheap toasters from Target. They replace it every time and as long as it is within its 12 month warranty. I'm up to my third free toaster in 2 years.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

I should take some KFC over for the Baron.

Negligent posted:

Who made the good food tonight?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I had to go out to Dalby for work today but I got KFC on the way back so I guess that made it not a complete waste of time.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

iajanus posted:

I had to go out to Dalby for work today but I got KFC on the way back so I guess that made it not a complete waste of time.

Are you from Nauru?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

KingEup posted:

I always buy ultracheap toasters from Target. They replace it every time and as long as it is within its 12 month warranty. I'm up to my third free toaster in 2 years.

At a place I worked the cafe would always buy the cheapest microwaves/toasters/electric frying pans from KMart and then take them back for an exchange a month or two later when they inevitably failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Negligent posted:

Which chef are you voting for

• Locked thread