Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Okay. I wanna go through the story missions anyways since this is my first character. I'll worry about raiding and whatever later. Is there any auction house type thing? I just noticed my Slicing is in the mid 300s but my Armormech is at 1 so I was wondering if I can buy mats in bulk to level it up?

There is an "auction house" on the fleet, and you can buy mats to level up skills, but you might not want to -- crafting skills are not super-useful these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
Goonhats, I put a lightning weapon tuning in the stash. Maybe we'll have a contest for it.

Maybe not.

I don't care.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nonentity posted:

Goonhats, I put a lightning weapon tuning in the stash. Maybe we'll have a contest for it.

Maybe not.

I don't care.

You sound down. You do a good job nonentity! We like the stuff you do!

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

I also just picked up the game after burning out on the Division. I have a Sith Sorceror up to around level 46. I transferred my character to Jedi Covenant, but now that I've done that, I don't have access to my stronghold. I went to the stronghold terminal in the Imperial Base, but I can't seem to figure out how to buy a new stronghold, or access my old one. Any ideas?

Edit: lol, nevermind, I just had the entire wrong terminal. I'm an idiot.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

Maybe not.

I don't care.

Whoever comes up with the best HK-inspired, 100 decoration-limit Stronghold room wins.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
I wonder what the theme for sub rewards will be next season? Darth Marr robot skins, hats and and other varios stronghold accoutrements.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Even though crafting seems extremely underpowered and of marginal value I enjoy it a lot. It feels satisfying to craft a complete set of clothing or armor or a new weapon. It would be really nice if weapons could be included in the stamped outfit system.

Darium
May 2, 2016

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Are any of the EU servers active? I'm probably going to be doing the opposite (I've temporarily moved to an EU timezone.)

Can't really say, last time I played are like a year ago really, back then Red Eclipse were very active, but hard to say these days.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Wyatt Derp posted:

I wonder what the theme for sub rewards will be next season? Darth Marr robot skins, hats and and other varios stronghold accoutrements.
There had better be an ortolan companion somewhere down the line because I've been waiting for one ever since TOR came out goddammit

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Darium posted:

Can't really say, last time I played are like a year ago really, back then Red Eclipse were very active, but hard to say these days.

Red Eclipse has an active playerbase but no goon guild.

Solfrann
Dec 28, 2015

Sombrerotron posted:

There had better be an ortolan companion somewhere down the line because I've been waiting for one ever since TOR came out goddammit

From what we've seen so far, that's not happening any time soon.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Solfrann posted:

Yeah don't think we'll be getting any "new" companions until season 2 of KOTFE. Next month is Torian-more-like-borian and likely Shae Vizla, and I'm guessing a recruitment mission for Guss Tuno.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Medullah posted:

Yeah don't think we'll be getting any "new" companions until season 2 of KOTFE. Next month is Torian-more-like-borian and likely Shae Vizla, and I'm guessing a recruitment mission for Guss Tuno.

I mean, at least Guss is cool.....

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I just realized his name is Torian the Mandalorian and I like him better now.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

I'm pretty sure that the recruitment mission is for ..........Broonmark............

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

I'm pretty sure that the recruitment mission is for ..........Broonmark............

*shrug* I haven't read too much into it, just that there's a new area on Nar Shaddaa and as we learned during Blizz's recruitment mission, his powerful Jedi friend is there

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Whichever one of you is Adramelechk in game sorry I missed your tell, was afk.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I didn't get a chance to set conquest at lunch so hold off on crafting. This is an unlimited crafting week so an easy way to hit your personal goal but ZERO chance of us placing top 10. I'll set it at 6pm tonight, likely Voss.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Solfrann posted:

Well I'll be writing an angry letter to some congressman, see how they like that !!

mastajake posted:

I mean, at least Guss is cool.....
That's true.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Conquest is set to Voss on both factions. This is a good week to make some extra credits if you have crafting supplies - the megaguilds will be crafting Invasion Forces non stop for the next 6 days.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Is there somewhere I can learn all about conquests? All I know is to do heroics

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

ChrisHansen posted:

Is there somewhere I can learn all about conquests? All I know is to do heroics

It's just a way of rewarding you/your guild for doing poo poo you probably already do.

Read all about it on Dulfy.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Jan posted:

It's just a way of rewarding you/your guild for doing poo poo you probably already do.

Read all about it on Dulfy.

Thanks. My plan tonight is to get blackout drunk and get to 65. I will attempt to make contributions

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Hi guys. I've got some personal poo poo going on right now, so my logins may be even less frequent than usual. I'm still trying to keep up with the thread every day, so please speak up if there's anything that needs to be specifically addressed by "the guildmaster". I will log in and make it happen.

Other than that, Medullah can do almost everything, so pester him.

One of these days, I swear I'll get together a datacron run for old times sake and since most everyone still playing missed out on the old ones. Once I get all my poo poo straight, I'll post here with details.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Medullah posted:

Conquest is set to Voss on both factions. This is a good week to make some extra credits if you have crafting supplies - the megaguilds will be crafting Invasion Forces non stop for the next 6 days.
been saving up a bunch from my characters as i'd been leveling. based on what stuff is going for on harbinger, should pull in around 8 mil in the next couple days. thx.

edit: haha maybe way more these prices are kinda bananas.

cams fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 11, 2016

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

so if i sub for a month what kind of stuff do i keep after it expires? will i be considered a preferred player or whatever they call it with a 1month sub?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Anything in expansions so far, so maybe up to KotFE 14 depending a bit and you downgrade to preferred should it expire. Apparently it's shitload more tolerable now than before at least.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Hi guys. I've got some personal poo poo going on right now, so my logins may be even less frequent than usual. I'm still trying to keep up with the thread every day, so please speak up if there's anything that needs to be specifically addressed by "the guildmaster". I will log in and make it happen.

Other than that, Medullah can do almost everything, so pester him.

One of these days, I swear I'll get together a datacron run for old times sake and since most everyone still playing missed out on the old ones. Once I get all my poo poo straight, I'll post here with details.

Hope things are going okay man. :(

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
Doing the Manaan FP and I realize Manaan would make the coolest looking stronghold in the entire game. I hope someday they make one and at least the size of Yavin.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Wyatt Derp posted:

Doing the Manaan FP and I realize Manaan would make the coolest looking stronghold in the entire game. I hope someday they make one and at least the size of Yavin.

Only if you can have an underwater dome section.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I really wish they would do more with Manaan, that planet is so cool and going there always triggers my KOTOR nostalgia :3:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey Nonentity, I don't know if I told you, but the Spewie assault cannon is pretty freaking badass. I assume you made it, nice work!

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Hey Nonentity, I don't know if I told you, but the Spewie assault cannon is pretty freaking badass. I assume you made it, nice work!

Yeah, I did that one. I had planned to do more with it, but I was pressed for time. I think it turned out nice though. It originally started out as the Kyber Assault cannon, which I did a few years ago.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Yeah, I did that one. I had planned to do more with it, but I was pressed for time. I think it turned out nice though. It originally started out as the Kyber Assault cannon, which I did a few years ago.

I don't play around with my commando much do I don't know if it's common with assault cannons but I love the "railgun smoke" effects with Spewie.

When are we gonna see some new regen toys? I don't think any of these packs have had any toys or emotes. :(

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thHKk4yd0QA
New teaser for the next chapter. As well as the next reward which is NOT HK-related.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i cant search for the guild as a f2p player , is there another way to get in? is there a point to joining the/a guild as a f2p account?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Kly posted:

i cant search for the guild as a f2p player , is there another way to get in? is there a point to joining the/a guild as a f2p account?

If you can join tngchat you'll probably get lucky and find someone logging in. I have no idea about your second question though.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Baron von der Loon posted:

New teaser for the next chapter. As well as the next reward which is NOT HK-related.

What's the next reward, I didn't see them outright say anything.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Eternal Empire patroller mount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I just realized his name is Torian the Mandalorian and I like him better now.

:aaaaa:

:3:

• Locked thread