Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

SSJ2 Goku Wilders posted:

I'm great. I'm good at what I do. Every success in my life was earned by my sheer force of will. Truth is what I say it is. Wrong? It's a matter of interpretation. (very softly: original intent )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I feel like if I say as much as "you look nice today" every time I ever praised her quality of work will be flushed down the toilet and I will ruin her life

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

tomorrow she will roll into work in an immersion heater

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do not comment on appearance in the work place

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SedanChair posted:

I feel like if I say as much as "you look nice today" every time I ever praised her quality of work will be flushed down the toilet and I will ruin her life

just wear tighter and tighter trousers until she can't help but notice you appreciate her fashion sense

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Aeryk posted:

I post in this thread because the alternative is working

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

euphronius posted:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
trousers

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

euphronius posted:

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
i actually read an article about scalia and now im a loving expert. at lunch hour i will say things like: scalia was the most good justice on the supreme court and im not glad hes dead or 'scalia used the ancient japanese interpreting martial art of looking at what people might've intended hundreds of years ago to reach his conclusions and i respect him for this even though im on the far left of the political spectrum (i printed a bunch of handouts of my politicalcompass.org result in color, expecting to reach this nadir)'

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

euphronius posted:

listen to the middle-aged man who's marriage is on the rocks over an altercation with the coat check girl

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Volkerball posted:

listen to the middle-aged man who's marriage is on the rocks over an altercation with the coat check girl

Coat check woman was not in the workplace.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
just dont poo poo where you eat. thats the more general rule. the 'lex generalis' if you want to call it that.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I would never comment on appearance, this was proven when another supervisor shaved off half of his beard and the other half of his hair and I was just like "sup Juan"

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
beards are frowned upon here. there are exceptions but beards are generally for baristas, computer programmers.. etc.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Volkerball posted:

listen to the army dude who's known to be an idiot instead

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

I've dated within the work place. Worked out fine.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have an excellent government lawyer beard.

It's the best.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
however that was a much easier thing to ignore than black leggings and high-heeled boots, creating rear end 2.0 that I'm not supposed to look at

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

euphronius posted:

I have an excellent government lawyer beard.

It's the best.

privaee sector grooming standards.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

beards are frowned upon here. there are exceptions but beards are generally for baristas, computer programmers.. etc.

Terrorists?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

listen to the army dude who's known to be an idiot instead

I am renowned in academic circles. Not that you would know.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

well why the heck not

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I've been letting my hair grow well past where I should and wearing worn out uniforms for over a year and my boss only comments when I have a few days worth of stubble.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
jon stewart has the best beard

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Issues of jealousy in a monogamous relationship can be mollified by banging your significant other as often and thoroughly as possible.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

SedanChair posted:

jon stewart has the best beard

Mark Hamill???

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kristov posted:

Issues of jealousy in a monogamous relationship can be mollified by banging your significant other as often and thoroughly as possible.

someone tell that to my old lady amirite

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
it's actually a sign of upper class prestige for some reason for men to have semi long hair here, but generally only 1 or 2 styles. it's sometimes called 'hockey hair'. it's usually slicked back or at least put behind the ears. slightly longer than patrick bateman in the intellectual serial killer book movie.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
literal dad joke

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

it's actually a sign of upper class prestige for some reason for men to have semi long hair here, but generally only 1 or 2 styles. it's sometimes called 'hockey hair'. it's usually slicked back or at least put behind the ears. slightly longer than patrick bateman in the intellectual serial killer book movie.

Nothing wrong with having great flow.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Such as your namesake geert

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

geert wilders always looks like someone googled "90s action film villain"

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

the paradigm shift posted:

Such as your namesake geert

his is the dolly parton of that hair style

Volkerball posted:

Nothing wrong with having great flow.

the dutch have bad incest genes so they often lose their hair premateurely. not hating on that but most of the men around here would not be able to pull it off save for the lucky few. im not a native so im blessed with good hair but i cant wait to get out of here and get some retarded hipster cut. it takes too long to wash and dry and if your product isn/t on point youre touching your hair all day to get it out of your eyes (hell)

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005
Long hair is good.

Beard is good.

Can't have both though then you just look homeless.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I've not shaved in a year and now I look like a trotsky impersonator

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

I've not shaved in a year and now I look like a trotsky impersonator

This is v good

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i wonder if d&d likes megathreads because the posters in it think the big numbers and insularity add some semblance of weight and import to the most engaging part of their lives
nederdraad of bust

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

This is v good

I was going for lenin as facially we're more similar but eh, at least it's not hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
LIKE if you do this

When You Are Shaving You Leave The Hitler Part Of Your Moustache Unshaven And Pretend You Are HimIn the Mirror

• Locked thread