Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Renegret posted:

I can't be assed to go through all that research only to be told no because it costs money, or that nobody wants to change the way we do things.

The way I feel about most things in my job lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Keetron posted:

We use webex conferencing that can do exactly this. I have a feeling Lync/Skype is better at it.

I'd love to use webex but I know there is exactly a 0% chance I'll be able to convince anyone to change bridge call numbers.

Instead I'm dedicating my day to figuring out how to do it on intercall so we don't have to change numbers.

Swink
Apr 18, 2006
Left Side <--- Many Whelps
Someone needs to find and quote that post about the guy whacking it on video conf. Great post.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Plek posted:

:stonk: Where the gently caress was the hole-watch?

e: Holy poo poo did they just leave an open vessel with nitrogen running in an area? And some chucklefuck decided to poke his head in to see what's up?

e2: NO2 suffocation is kinda the top killer at most safer plants, there is a huge ordeal in safety meetings about it. Falling if you count the office people, apparently. Fire and explosions in less safe places.

Yeah, it really just says something about my employer in general that there was nothing anywhere safety-related around this and that they open manhole covers spraying out nitrogen into a public area. And yes... some chucklefuck stuck his head in a pipe for no apparent reason.

They even included clip art of the event!

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
We use Lync/Skype, it's pretty nice, except for when my computer breaks and I realize I have no way to actually call the help desk on my own.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Sundae posted:

Yeah, it really just says something about my employer in general that there was nothing anywhere safety-related around this and that they open manhole covers spraying out nitrogen into a public area. And yes... some chucklefuck stuck his head in a pipe for no apparent reason.

I wish we could have pictures in the thread title.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Swink posted:

Someone needs to find and quote that post about the guy whacking it on video conf. Great post.

please

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Sundae posted:

Uhhh.... isn't that wildly insensitive? A person died, it's usually not a clip art event.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Shirec posted:

Uhhh.... isn't that wildly insensitive? A person died, it's usually not a clip art event.

Just be glad that Sundae didn't post the one from the degloving incident.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Shirec posted:

I will remind you:

I don't think sensitivity is in their top 3 priorities, just saying.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Renegret posted:

I'd love to use webex but I know there is exactly a 0% chance I'll be able to convince anyone to change bridge call numbers.

Instead I'm dedicating my day to figuring out how to do it on intercall so we don't have to change numbers.

My job made that convincing easy: first, they said meeting that start after 4/28 should be scheduled using WebEx. When people kept using their old numbers to schedule meeting beyond that date, the company said screw it, deleted all of the old numbers and forced everyone to switch.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Che Delilas posted:

Also, remember that this is a company where the CEO transitioned seamlessly from talking about our wonderful safety culture/record into a minute of silence for a technician who got electrocuted in her monthly presentation.

The mental disconnects here are pretty amazing.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

Sundae posted:

Also, remember that this is a company where the CEO transitioned seamlessly from talking about our wonderful safety culture/record into a minute of silence for a technician who got electrocuted in her monthly presentation.

:stonk:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Sundae posted:

Are you in Michigan? This sounds eerily familiar.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

TraderStav posted:

Are you in Michigan? This sounds eerily familiar.

Pennsylvania, but the site with the electrocution was in Puerto Rico.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

This is my favorite picture to come out of work crew.

This is only the tip of the iceberg on how crazy this guy's company is.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Sundae posted:

Pennsylvania, but the site with the electrocution was in Puerto Rico.

He died in the name of capitalism, even though he didn't have representation in Congress :911:

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

Hm, rate everything on a scale of 1-5, no 3s? I bet I know who posted that

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sundae posted:

What was that employee handbook thing you got where the cover talked about joyfully serving the corporation?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Aliquid posted:

What was that employee handbook thing you got where the cover talked about joyfully serving the corporation?

This one?

Previous President's greatest hits... posted:

"We're going to give you a quick version of an update on the return of an iconic brand to the market place. It takes a village to raise a child, and an even bigger village to get a drug to market. A village big enough to fill a room, even."

Sundae fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 11, 2016

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
"Imagine four drugs on the edge of a cliff..."

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

HiroProtagonist posted:

"Imagine four drugs on the edge of a cliff..."

Sundae, please. He had a family.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Renegret posted:

Whose company is this one? Is this the IT guy? I need to follow his thread if so!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sundae posted:

Whose company is this one? Is this the IT guy? I need to follow his thread if so!

just some guy in work crew who's company just as crazy as yours.

I was gonna quote a bunch of poo poo from him but then I realized how weird that would be, to post so much about another poster.

The highlight is a mandatory yearly retreat that lasts the entire day and you get written up if you don't go, regardless of excuse. High point includes being forced to turn to your partner and give them a back rub, as ordered by the CEO's wife. Basically company mandated sexual assault (This might have been stopped, I don't remember)

There was also the time when their CEO had an all hands meeting and said "don't worry nobody's getting laid off", then the next day people got laid off.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 11, 2016

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Sundae posted:

Previous President's greatest hits... posted:
"We're going to give you a quick version of an update on the return of an iconic brand to the market place. It takes a village to raise a child, and an even bigger village to get a drug to market. A village big enough to fill a room, even."

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Sundae posted:

I am choosing to parse this as "technician was electrocuted during her presentation" because it just seems more fitting now.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Plek posted:

I am choosing to parse this as "technician was electrocuted during her presentation" because it just seems more fitting now.

Given the madness of Sundae's work, it was probably intentional.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Plek posted:

Ooh, nice! That is a lovely sentence indeed.

quote:

just some guy in work crew who's company just as crazy as yours.

Have a link?

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I've been jokingly asking for an intern when stuff is horribly busy without actually expecting one.

They have presented me with an intern.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I've been jokingly asking for an intern when stuff is horribly busy without actually expecting one.

They have presented me with an intern.

An intern is more work

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
There's one thing I like about big corporations, big nice clean bathrooms. I'm on a visit in a big corp office and popping a big, morning dump. Taking my time and loving every minute of it.

Godline
Jun 17, 2013
Notice goes in tomorrow. Dont think ill find a better boss than the one Ive had. Kept him in the loop since I wanted to leave he even got me a back dated for four months 20% rise I did explain as he presented it to me that money wasnt the issue and that its the companies exec who we have both challenged numerous times to be both swiftly removed from the project. He insisted the money was worth the hassle which it is, just a "shame" another companies matched it. Either way first proper career move post entry level feels kinda strange!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sundae posted:

Ooh, nice! That is a lovely sentence indeed.

Have a link?

no, actually. I couldn't find the big effort post.

And the rest is drip fed from 500 pages of GBS style shitposting.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Renegret posted:

no, actually. I couldn't find the big effort post.

It's better this way, Work Crew has become a bad thread full of bad posters

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006
Starting to think it was a good idea to hold off on giving my two week notice, my background check isn't done yet (one week later) and I can't even get ahold of the HR department of supposed new employer to ask for a pushed back start date.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ezekiel_980 posted:

Starting to think it was a good idea to hold off on giving my two week notice, my background check isn't done yet (one week later) and I can't even get ahold of the HR department of supposed new employer to ask for a pushed back start date.

Death is certain. Nothing else is.
(Hope it works out for you!)

Sales rep asked me last week for an internal certificate that I have never heard of and said it was urgent. Asked for clarification from her or the customer, didn't hear from her again for a week. Gets back to me today saying "yes I've seen this requested before but I don't have any record of what it is. She needs it ASAP". Gee thanks for nothing, I'll get right on that :argh:

She also did that awful email writing thing where each sentence is separated from the others by two lines. That's not how paragraphs work you nincompoop! :spergin:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Salespeople. Can't live without them, I guess.

But drat, I wish I could have some of whatever the gently caress they're on. The laws of man and nature are just expected to bend around these people's mindpath; reality parts before them like the Red Sea before Mose.

They've seen the light. They know what their production and design people can achieve even better than the engineers themselves. Luckily, like a North Korea leader, they will grace the operation staff with their presence and provide guidance on how to better do their job. Legal only exists to find the loopholes through which they can achieve Nirvana.

But at the end of the day they're the ones feeding your pay check. And gently caress if they'll ever let you forget it.

And no, you can't have any of whatever the gently caress they're on. Go back to trying to fit ten pounds of poo poo in an eight pound bag, peon. We already told he customer it was an easy job.

We gave them a discount because of all the money we'll save on bags!

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Che Delilas posted:

I will remind you:

Ahahaha, this isn't getting enough love, that's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

FrozenVent posted:

Salespeople. Can't live without them, I guess.

I've sent/shared/made visible my calendar to the entire sales staff on numerous occasions, and really strive to keep it as up-to-date as possible, including what city I'm working out of on a given day. Does that in any way stop sales people from double- or triple-booking me for meetings in a city 2 hours away? Nope, of course not. And then they claim I'm not a "team player" when I decline the meetings or propose new times.

I have my own poo poo to do; I'm not just waiting by the phone hoping some sales person will call up with "the deal of a lifetime" (read: client only wants to buy $1,000 of widgets for $995, one-time). They have no concept of "I am fully-booked on this day, with multiple meetings lasting multiple hours, I am not available."

Unless of course I'm trying to get a hold of them...