Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The White Dragon posted:

the only thing on poke-maui would be a lot of pissed off locals with no jobs, and a handful of kalos expats living in castles

not the kinda place you wanna visit in pokemon

Hey, Maui is where the solar telescopes are at least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I'm down with bringing Delta Episode back to Gen 7.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
also for new page

Dunban posted:

What are some cool Hawaiian animals they could base Pokemon on?

idk isn't the grass starter based on the pueo? tons of birds. the canadian goose that evolved to be flightless, 'alala, kolea, these fuckers, these other fuckers, etc. i'd be down with a common house gecko pokemon too, but i have no idea how un/interesting that would be. humuhumunukunukuapua'a is another fairly obvious choice

more-legendary creatures are also an option, like the giant fish that was our interpretation of the grim reaper

i'm gonna be kinda disappointed if they don't have a minor legendary trio based on some 'aumakuas. plenty to choose from, from sharks to spiders to lizards to wild boars etc.

please also include a marijuana grass-type that has a rivalry with a new rat pokemon, this is canon irl

the last item on my wishlist is a lucario-tier furbait pokemon based on the mo'owahine, which was basically a siren--blazingly hot chick with lizard skin who would drown the poo poo out of fishermen

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 11, 2016

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
My hope for this gen is that the later Gym Leaders have more than three whole Pokémon on their teams and that the E4 members have five Pokémon again instead of four. That's been the most annoying part of the last couple of games (even though BW1 are my favorite Pokémon games).

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

The White Dragon posted:

please also include a marijuana grass-type that has a rivalry with a new rat pokemon, this is canon irl

lmaoooo

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
cool double post, forums

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Kinda hyped, gonna get me a Litten and name it Blake.

Hoping they put in more cats so a viable cat team is actually a possibility.

Buff Delcatty 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

They left out Leonora, for shame.

She's in the rock type video because she studies fossils.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gonna start with Rowlet and name it O'Reilly.

I'm so clever. :v:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

You can get a shiny Xerneas on mystery gift right now.

So that's pretty cool.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dareon posted:

Buff Delcatty 2016

It has NFE level stats. It's basically a three stage line that they only ever introduced the first two stages of. So they should just give it an evo already.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So that's pretty cool.

And next week Yveltal

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

mabels big day posted:

She's in the rock type video because she studies fossils.

Give her job, Rock would have made a lot more sense than Normal, admittedly.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

My hope for this gen is that the later Gym Leaders have more than three whole Pokémon on their teams and that the E4 members have five Pokémon again instead of four. That's been the most annoying part of the last couple of games (even though BW1 are my favorite Pokémon games).

Same. If they insist on not having full teams, then force the player to pick that same number of Pokemon to battle with so they can't just devolve into battles of attrition.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Maybe I can get a pokemon based on the Coconut crab.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Rowlett is so cute!!! Leaf owl!!!! I'm so excited for another owl Pokemon and it is the most adorable thing! I must have its plushie!!!! :swoon:

This is second generation in a row where I'm instantly in love with the grass starter too! :3:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So that's pretty cool.

Not if you're in Europe.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Alomomola is going to be on every route this game, just you wait.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Killer Queen posted:

Rowlett is so cute!!! Leaf owl!!!! I'm so excited for another owl Pokemon and it is the most adorable thing! I must have its plushie!!!! :swoon:

I'm excited because it's a pokemon that I love that might actually get merchandise made. :3:

Also, I saw this on Twitter and felt it should be shared:

https://twitter.com/Coelasquid/status/730267601272627200

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
How do you all like Turtwig over Chikorita, come on

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

Nodoze posted:

He gets a mountain on his back dude, that's so cool

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Nodoze posted:

i dont, because grass starters are, until now, universally dumb

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

also for new page

idk isn't the grass starter based on the pueo? tons of birds. the canadian goose that evolved to be flightless, 'alala, kolea, these fuckers, these other fuckers, etc. i'd be down with a common house gecko pokemon too, but i have no idea how un/interesting that would be. humuhumunukunukuapua'a is another fairly obvious choice

more-legendary creatures are also an option, like the giant fish that was our interpretation of the grim reaper

i'm gonna be kinda disappointed if they don't have a minor legendary trio based on some 'aumakuas. plenty to choose from, from sharks to spiders to lizards to wild boars etc.

the last item on my wishlist is a lucario-tier furbait pokemon based on the mo'owahine, which was basically a siren--blazingly hot chick with lizard skin who would drown the poo poo out of fishermen

Seriously, I am hoping for Pele and Maui based god pokemon. If not part of the story, I need to own a Maui.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Here's a really cool thing I found, a 20th anniversary tribute video for each type:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOftGM5rTyM

playlist here

The ghost one was INCREDIBLE!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Nodoze posted:

Meganium is super dumb compared to Torterra

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Lay on Hands posted:

He gets a mountain on his back dude, that's so cool

Using any pokemon that becomes a continent or country is pretty cool: Torterra, Avalugg, maybe Camerupt, etc

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nodoze posted:

One's a weird semi sauropod with a petal wreath that can't do much other than support moves. The other is an ankylosaur that carries the world around. There's really no contest.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Throh should get an evo that holds a ukelele

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Throh should get an evo that holds a ukelele

His gi turns into a hawaiian shirt pls

Also, are we assuming Throh and Sawk's clothing is part of their body?? Pokemon don't just... buy clothes, right?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

jarbv posted:

Using any pokemon that becomes a continent or country is pretty cool: Torterra, Avalugg, maybe Camerupt, etc

Crustle

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nodoze posted:

Turtwig is loving awesome.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rafza posted:

i dont, because grass starters are, until now, universally dumb

Excuse you

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Prehistoric owls

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Delphox is still a stretch, and the whole water column is just bad

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
The only cool and good grass starters (including their full evolution lines) are Bulbasaur and Chespin, but Rowlett may end up beating them if the bird has an equally adorable and/or badass evolution line!!! Owls!!!! :3:

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I regularly play with an all grass-starters team, and although I love him, Meganium is dead weight.

I'm looking forward to replacing him with grass birb.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

jarbv posted:

His gi turns into a hawaiian shirt pls

Also, are we assuming Throh and Sawk's clothing is part of their body?? Pokemon don't just... buy clothes, right?

I think their dex entry says they make their gi.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They make their gi out of dead Hitmonchans

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Despite being my now second fav grass starter after the owl, Meganium is competitively terrible.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

dinosaurs are dumb too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
They steal players hats and use that material to fashion clothing. That's why hitmonchan was in prison. No magneto hats for the fighting dojo so they lost to psychic gym. It's totally cannon.

Also... Most of the human shaped Pokemon seem to be one of a kind in gen 1. Jynx, Mr.Mime, Hitmonchan. Must be some sort of creepy pasta about that other than the kadabra, and confaagrius pokedex entries. And hot drat autocorrect made this post an adventure.

• Locked thread