Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

I'm gonna be real uncomfortable if black Goku has a tail...

Oh christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dango Bango posted:

:yikes:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dango Bango posted:

:eyepop:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dango Bango posted:

On one hand

Black Sayians having monkey tails wouldn't inherently be racist because, you know, entire species is like that and only weirdos lose them.

On the other hand, Japan is hella super racist.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Burkion posted:

On the other hand, Japan is hella super racist.

I don't see any potential problems.

(Black people = monkeys seems like a specifically Western stereotype though, I've never seen anything similar from Japan)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gonna lose my poo poo when evil Goku transforms into SSJ4

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ammat The Ankh posted:

(Black people = monkeys seems like a specifically Western stereotype though, I've never seen anything similar from Japan)
General Black is a weird character because despite the name + racist blackface design combo he's probably the most human villain in the series up until that point.

Path to Power is especially weird about it because they change the design for Black into something way less offensive...but then they turn Major Metallitron into a blackface character.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to say he won't have a tail. Cabba didn't even have a tail.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 11, 2016

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

gonna gently caress up crackerots day

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Evil goku fuses with mr popo and becomes super saiyan popo

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Raxivace posted:

General Black is a weird character because despite the name + racist blackface design combo he's probably the most human villain in the series up until that point.

Path to Power is especially weird about it because they change the design for Black into something way less offensive...but then they turn Major Metallitron into a blackface character.

I wish General Black had recognized Goku's power and surrendered on the spot instead of trying to fight him, but then it would have been an army of robots fighting sayans in the Gero arc.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Ammat The Ankh posted:

There's one notable panel from JJBA Part 6 that immediately comes to mind.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Kelp Plankton posted:

Gonna lose my poo poo when evil Goku transforms into SSJ4

This would actually be pretty cool. I hope this is the case.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Japan, with less exposure to black people, picked/pick up a lot of representation of black people from Western media. A lot of manga has depicted black people in ways that resemble old Bugs Bunny cartoons.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

so i heard that Arale will be in Super, is this true

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

a cartoon duck posted:

Doesn't look like it. None of the upcoming episode descriptions mention her, and the last major announcement centered around future Trunks' return, and a new villain, Black Goku. Maybe Arale is going to be Black Goku!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

can't believe toriyama is making black baby goku the new villain

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Maybe he'll be "blue goku" in the NA release, they'll just recolor him the same way they did for Mr. Popo.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

a cartoon duck posted:

The woman who voiced her was in a group picture with a buncha women who voice characters in Super, but I'm thinking she'll just be voicing someone else because this world can't be cool enough to have Arale on TV in the yool 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mami Koyama's website lists her appearing as Arale in May 15's (that is, this week's) episode of Super.

Though it's really weird that the preview for that episode said nothing about her, you'd think Arale appearing would be a big deal. Maybe that got changed.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

She's probably doing Baby Pan's voice.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Well, the episode is about Goku crashing at Gohan's after destroying the house, maybe he first shops around for places to stay at, like Kame House and Arale's place, so she only gets a quick voiced cameo.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Well, the episode is about Goku crashing at Gohan's after destroying the house, maybe he first shops around for places to stay at, like Kame House and Arale's place, so she only gets a quick voiced cameo.

Considering he can't control his instant transmission due to the plot of that episode, he might just jump to their world as a quick cameo joke.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Why does Goku need shelter at all? The element can hardly hurt him, he could just sleep in a field or under a tree somewhere.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

Why does Goku need shelter at all? The element can hardly hurt him, he could just sleep in a field or under a tree somewhere.

I'm sure Chichi would like a house.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Goku can drown, be injured by a rock, die of a heart disease and so-on. He isn't Superman, he's just got the ability to make himself really tough. Probably best to take good care of himself instead of sleeping in the pouring rain under a rock.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

He isn't Superman, he's just got the ability to make himself really tough.

Now the thread enters dangerous territory...

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
goku is a master martial artist and a wildman though so i'm sure he could brave the elements.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

He could just punch himself a cave into existence. Guys no stranger to ki-based terraforming.

Covok
May 27, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Goku can drown, be injured by a rock, die of a heart disease and so-on. He isn't Superman, he's just got the ability to make himself really tough. Probably best to take good care of himself instead of sleeping in the pouring rain under a rock.

It is funny to think that Goku -- the man who can destroy worlds -- is, if he isn't expecting it, vulnerable to the most mundane things like a rock hurled at his sleeping head.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
He's a tough man, sure, but he ain't about to go back to the wild life when he can just crash at Gohan's to enjoy a warm bed and a full fridge.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Also Videl is kinda rich as poo poo and she has a Dad that owes Goku p much everything he has.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dexo posted:

Also Videl is kinda rich as poo poo

So is Goku/Chichi!

Mr Satan handed him a briefcase full of like 10 million dollars prize money at the start of DB Super. I don't know why they still live in the woods and harvest radish for a living. Maybe Goku already spent all of the money on food?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rutibex posted:

So is Goku/Chichi!

Mr Satan handed him a briefcase full of like 10 million dollars prize money at the start of DB Super. I don't know why they still live in the woods and harvest radish for a living. Maybe Goku already spent all of the money on food?

Didn't Chichi say they spent it all already.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Dexo posted:

Didn't Chichi say they spent it all already.

Yeah, on stuff for Pan. She made Piccolo carry all the shopping she did, which made him lament how far he's fallen.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Reinanigans posted:

Yeah, on stuff for Pan. She made Piccolo carry all the shopping she did, which made him lament how far he's fallen.

Seems like a double waste, of both money and Piccolos time. Instead of making him carry boxes they could have just asked him to materialize all the stuff they wanted for free.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Piccolo has not yet mastered the Cash Beam

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Babe Magnet posted:

can't believe toriyama is making black baby goku the new villain

The perfect villain for Retard Super.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
It's amazing how feared Piccolo used to be and now he's babysitting and carrying shopping. How did Chichi even get in contact with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

New Leaf posted:

It's amazing how feared Piccolo used to be and now he's babysitting and carrying shopping. How did Chichi even get in contact with him?

When he got his license, Chichi also made him get a phone

• Locked thread