Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Demostrs posted:

also right now reddit is having a meltdown over the esl exclusivity league again, as if that would ever come to fruition. if that is ever announced, we will have the international: csgo edition announced the next day

and out come all of the keyboard warriors who apparently have cameras inside the heads of professional counter-strike players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Smithereens posted:

as a silver 3, i too blame my team for my inability to aim

I wasn't saying this, I was just complaining about the frustrating things people do often despite me asking them not to, and the general toxicity of the CS community. Please do not misquote me when trolling in the future, it is quite rude. TIA.

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003

Kwilty posted:

Smokes are poo poo in the game and if you have half a brain to use your radar you can make people really mad.

I've only seen the smoke glitch on sub.io, never on MM.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

CS is not special when it comes to online multiplayer communities. There are some dicks and but most people are nice and or don't care

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

aksuur posted:

I've seen it in MM a few times.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

surc posted:

I wasn't saying this, I was just complaining about the frustrating things people do often despite me asking them not to, and the general toxicity of the CS community. Please do not misquote me when trolling in the future, it is quite rude. TIA.

why should anyone listen to you, it's a game they can do what they want

If you are solo queuing your rank is dependent on what level you can carry a team to, just how it is

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Well well, this is a tournament of (Bo1) upsets so far. Looks like even Liquid will be able to beat NiP.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Thorgot posted:

lol I posted this to reddit and a few people think Killtrick is a real streamer.

Well, that video has gotten more attention in 24 hours than anything else I've done has in any length of time. Thank you!

And wow, they do think that.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

aksuur posted:

I've been on the receiving end (aka some dude on enemy team could see through smoke) and the giving end (I was able to see through smoke), it happens in MM, although it's been a few weeks now.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

aksuur posted:

Hold closer or push your smokes more. You'll notice it a lot more.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Holy poo poo Pyth is retarded

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Smol posted:

Well well, this is a tournament of (Bo1) upsets so far. Looks like even Liquid will be able to beat NiP.

the last ESL finals LAN was pretty ridiculous with upsets too. Dunno what's up with this league but the euro teams haven't been showing up for the finals.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
is it happening again? please tell me its happening again

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh my god its happening again

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Liquid at match points. :allears:

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Liquid needs to hire this man as their team physician

Heimlich

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I checked in at 14-2 and Liquid winning the pistol lmfao

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
and then liquid just totally dominates the OT T side, because why wouldn't that happen

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Jesus, this is sad.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

real dilemma posted:

and then liquid just totally dominates the OT T side, because why wouldn't that happen

https://gfycat.com/BoldCharmingFritillarybutterfly

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

:golfclap:

Liquid should drop Koosta and add Summit, heh

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
glad i tuned in for that

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Just imagine having bet on Liquid and watching them go to OT with a 12 round lead. Incredible.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Jeza posted:

Just imagine having bet on Liquid and watching them go to OT with a 12 round lead. Incredible.

And then win the first 3 of OT, and never win another round through OT2.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Liquid have gone from nacs to danish cs

I'm not sure which is worse

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Sweeper posted:

why should anyone listen to you, it's a game they can do what they want

If you are solo queuing your rank is dependent on what level you can carry a team to, just how it is

It is a team game, with both a competitive, and a casual, game mode. I do not think it is wrong to hope for people to play the competitive mode in a way which respects their teammates and attempts to give them what they need to play in a competitive manner. I also do not think it is wrong to hope for other people to not be assholes in a more general sense. :shrug:

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

surc posted:

It is a team game, with both a competitive, and a casual, game mode. I do not think it is wrong to hope for people to play the competitive mode in a way which respects their teammates and attempts to give them what they need to play in a competitive manner. I also do not think it is wrong to hope for other people to not be assholes in a more general sense. :shrug:

It's not wrong it is just naive. Match making is barely a team game, it's more like 5 individuals who want kills, sometimes that means they work together and sometimes it doesn't.

You are going to rage if you expect anyone to help you in competitive, just hope your teammate acts as a canary and use your sound since they aren't always good canaries

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Sweeper posted:

It's not wrong it is just naive. Match making is barely a team game, it's more like 5 individuals who want kills, sometimes that means they work together and sometimes it doesn't.

You are going to rage if you expect anyone to help you in competitive, just hope your teammate acts as a canary and use your sound since they aren't always good canaries

are you from north america good sir

your opinions are reflective of our CS genetics

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Sweeper posted:

I don't expect it, I just hope for it. I would like people to not be shits, and the "Well people are just going to be poo poo, so adjust your expectations" attitude will never get people to not be shits, so I will probably never adopt it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Wanting the world from your team is both unrealistic and unfair. Concentrate on your own play always and keep improving at basics you think you've gotten down (you haven't) and one day you'll be a silver elite like me.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Spiros posted:

Wanting the world from your team is both unrealistic and unfair. Concentrate on your own play always and keep improving at basics you think you've gotten down (you haven't) and one day you'll be a silver elite like me.

I don't think the guy wants the world, just basic human decency and not being an annoying twat

I can take carrying into a loss with a poo poo team if the vibes are good.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

s1mple was clearly the problem when it came to choking though. Remember that.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

dex_sda posted:

I don't think the guy wants the world, just basic human decency and not being an annoying twat

This dude. This dude right here. :hfive:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ahahah I love it

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

left-handed models make the game so weird. I forget, were models in original CS left-handed only or right-handed only? Maybe they added a switch option way later (like when 1.0 was released or later?)

stump collector
May 28, 2007

MF_James posted:

left-handed models make the game so weird. I forget, were models in original CS left-handed only or right-handed only? Maybe they added a switch option way later (like when 1.0 was released or later?)

iirc they were left hand

MF_James
May 8, 2008

exethan posted:

iirc they were left hand

That's what I thought, it's odd though, now when i see videos/gifs/images of people using left-handed models, it looks super loving weird, but I played CS for thousands of hours prior to GO.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i played with left hand for a couple days and i actually missed a ton of shots for some reason. it is a mystery

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

dex_sda posted:

:agreed:

Vibes can make a lot of losses feel like wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

MF_James posted:

What's weirder is that I can play Overwatch no problem with right handed models, but if I try it in CS I have no hope.