Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
she mostly lost her quick e-r harass so until someone figures out the New Anivia Tech or they just buff her, she's pretty mediocre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Libertine posted:

I thought we had a rule that you couldn't bitch about chat bans in any MOBA thread without posting the logs? Logs or shut the gently caress up is a good rule in my opinion.

Amen, we need more Lyte avatars to commemorate his departure.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
gently caress ziggs that turret explosive is annoying as gently caress.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Ocean drake + Spirit Visage :riot:

They really need to reset the regen timer when in combat with champs, me and a maokai were essentially immortal and would be back up to full in half a minute from the brink of death.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ocean drake + Spirit Visage :riot:

They really need to reset the regen timer when in combat with champs, me and a maokai were essentially immortal and would be back up to full in half a minute from the brink of death.

this is on PBE, if it goes through it only starts ticking after you've been out of combat with champs for 5 seconds

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna tell you guys what Elo Hell truly is.

Imagine if you will a player against whom you can't win no matter the circumstances.

As bad as I am I've won some matches against the bad LCS teams that come from my country in 3s and 5s so theoretically there shouldn't be a lot of people capable of giving me a 0% win rate in this God forsaken server.

But there is this one guy and since he started playing it's been absolutely impossible winning any match whatsoever against him no matter which one of his teams he's playing. And almost every match for the past 3 months has been against him.

8 PM thursday on your Diamond team? His #1 team that is 500 points above the #2.
Been on a hiatus for 2 weeks and my friend ask me to play on a new team 9 am saturday? His smurf team.
Overwatch beta's over so your friends finally ask you out to play LoL again? You bet you're not winning today.
Any time whatsoever, any day whatsoever? This motherfucker.

The top 1 solo queue player with his challenger friends present not a lot of challenge, but this guy and his 2 platinum buddies he's carrying on his smurf team? Pretty much impossible.

I'm trapped in my own personal hell. Please send help.

Edit: Apparently from people who talked to him he claims to be a smurf neither from BR nor from NA.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 11, 2016

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

this is on PBE, if it goes through it only starts ticking after you've been out of combat with champs for 5 seconds

If this happens they'll have to dramatically reduce the time for regen because otherwise it's really really bad.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Mikujin posted:

If this happens they'll have to dramatically reduce the time for regen because otherwise it's really really bad.

yeah that's kinda what i thought, it defeats the purpose of it being the siege/poke dragon. i feel like the best way to balance it is to have the regen % scale with level, so that it's at its current values lategame but doesn't just automatically win laning for you if you get it early.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

This is the picture I meant last time we were on TS. I love it

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Ah, just read up on the potential change.
restores 4/8/12% of missing health and mana every 5 seconds if not damage by champions within 5 seconds.] from [Restore 10% missing HP and MP every 24/12/8 seconds.

That's a good change, it frankly felt unfair to any champs reliant on poking someone down before engaging, or counting on that person to ever run out of mana at any point in the game, especially if you had anything to increase your health or mana pools for giant 400 HP heals during fights or 200 mana restores when dry.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

oh i misread the effect then, yeah that's a pretty decent change. i could have sworn they kept the old regen delays

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I got to finally play Malzahar for the first time since his rework and his passive is probably one of the most broken things in the entire game. Shrugging off CC and 90% damage reduction is incredibly loving crazy.

Vi ulted me twice and I just rolled my eyes and walked away. Really stupid.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo Bard is the best. Was doing a PvP match and the enemy got in to our base about 10-15 minutes before it ended. Through a bunch of luck and bullshit teleporting I held three dudes off while the rest of the team snuck around and managed to snag a win.

Plus he makes his own remixes which is something they should advertise in his character info.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Robo Reagan posted:

Plus he makes his own remixes which is something they should advertise in his character info.

DJ Bard skin please, Riot.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Servaetes posted:

I got to finally play Malzahar for the first time since his rework and his passive is probably one of the most broken things in the entire game. Shrugging off CC and 90% damage reduction is incredibly loving crazy.

to be fair vi is like the ultimate champ to gently caress over with that dumb passive but i dont think its very well designed

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

I'll just keep going trundle top Titanic Hydra, Spirit Visage + IBG still a good combo? It's working now but I want to know if there's more I can do to troll people.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Servaetes posted:

His passive is a hilarious counter to ults like Ashe or Karthus.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

His passive is a hilarious counter to ults

Seriously, it's basically "you can't L6 power spike me", on top of getting his own ginormous power spike at 6 as well.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

His passive is a hilarious counter to ults like Ashe or Karthus.

His passive is a hilarious counter to pretty much anyone who wants to engage on a single target.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Servaetes posted:

Stupid for Vi, it's like ulting someone with Banshees

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the mastery that increases buff duration by 15% works with the rift herald buff?

:riot:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

we kill thresh

kalista: omg baron guys baron guys baron

*walks into pit, dies to tryndamere*

*twenty minutes later, we kill everyone except kog with our base pushed in*

kalista: omg don't baron guys let's take enemy base let's take enemy base

*walks into enemy's nexus turrets with no wave, dies*

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
9-3 on Zyra support in the last two days
AP quints and blues, Mpen red and HP yellows, 12/18/0 thunderlords

Went from Gold II to Plat 5 on my smurf usually with most damage and gold

Get on this poo poo before its nerfed boys :getin:

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Also from a recent game

"Not even Noah can carry these animals."

"The only thing you're carrying is an extra chromosome."

"Helen Keller could read the map better than this guy"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
when are they gonna make it so once malphite reach level 6 that he doesn't delete you from the game

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Someone explain to me why I shouldn't build ROA on Diana because it seems really good but no one does it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Gibberish posted:

9-3 on Zyra support in the last two days
AP quints and blues, Mpen red and HP yellows, 12/18/0 thunderlords

Went from Gold II to Plat 5 on my smurf usually with most damage and gold

Get on this poo poo before its nerfed boys :getin:

What's your build order? I used to rush Rylai's after FQC but champion.gg is saying go for Liandries first. Not sure if any of the new items really do much for her, or where to get the best CDR for your buck on her anymore.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Tired Moritz posted:

when are they gonna make it so once malphite reach level 6 that he doesn't delete you from the game

Buy a Null-Magic Mantle and/or win your lane. Or quit playing super squishies.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

mistaya posted:

What's your build order? I used to rush Rylai's after FQC but champion.gg is saying go for Liandries first. Not sure if any of the new items really do much for her, or where to get the best CDR for your buck on her anymore.

I get the upgrade on the AP starting item and then skip FCQ and go into Rylais if we need a tank or CC or Liandry's if we need more damage

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Malphite has one gimmick before he hits 6 and zero sustain. You really should have all the time and exp/gold in the world to prepare for his ult.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Sexpansion posted:

Someone explain to me why I shouldn't build ROA on Diana because it seems really good but no one does it.

Resistances are usually better for people with shields, but I haven't played on the new patch enough to know how good the new RoA is. Also, getting a stronger jump in power with other items is probably better for an assassin like Diana.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yeah but mr is weak again and all the ap items are strong and he would just rockets and ult and ill be dead and ill cry and wish i'm playing lissandra

also adcs always throw in my games for some reason.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Radical posted:

to be fair vi is like the ultimate champ to gently caress over with that dumb passive but i dont think its very well designed

Bholder posted:

Stupid for Vi, it's like ulting someone with Banshees

Still it was funny as hell. Also blocking her charged Q.

That all being said though in all sincerity, once you take away the very powerful passive, he is more or less the same guy, though the W feels odd. His ult seems to be on a lower CD too.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
You shouldnt buy RoA because you'll be too busy rushing Sheen and Revolver for dat sick level 6 power spike of Ult->passive swipe + sheen + revolver

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

mistaya posted:

Builds are always situational, but this is what I do the vast majority of the time:

First 3 items (in whatever order you feel you need them)
-Frostfang
-Sorc Shoes
-Sightstone

Rylai's + Liandry's combo in 99% of games. I typically buy a Haunting Guise first and then go for Rylai's for some extra peeling ability before finishing Liandry's.

When you run out of item slots, combine the Frostfang + Sightstone into Eye of the Watchers. Eye is much more gold efficient than FQC; only reason I would get FQC is if I really need the active for some reason. Plus, you get an extra item slot.

Your core for the vast majority of games is Rylai's, Liandry's, Eye of the Watchers, and Sorc Shoes. The last 2 slots are situational:

-Morello's if they have Soraka/Vladimir or other big time heal dudes
-Void Staff is going to be your best raw damage item most of the time
-Banner of Command if your teem needs an Aegis
-Zhonya's if you need tankiness and can make good use of the active.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

new catalyst is some real bullshit on ryze top

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

Gibberish posted:

I get the upgrade on the AP starting item and then skip FCQ and go into Rylais if we need a tank or CC or Liandry's if we need more damage
Me too.

Starting
FQC lvl1 + pots
v
v
FQC lvl2 + Boots + sightstone
v
v
Rylai (huge spike to CC)
v
v
Linadrys + Soc Shoes (huge spike to damage)
v
v
Zhonyas (usually the game is over by this point)

Basically HEALTH first, CC Second, DAMAGE third

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

You shouldnt buy RoA because you'll be too busy rushing Sheen and Revolver for dat sick level 6 power spike of Ult->passive swipe + sheen + revolver

Basically this you want to kill people not invest in scaling health and mana

• Locked thread