Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

Bring back that bulwark of senatorial mightiness - Scott Walker!:downs:
You mean Scott Brown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You mean Scott Brown?

Him too.:downsowned:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You mean Scott Brown?

the thought of scott walker doing the same nude pose as scott brown brought shivers to my soul

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

logikv9 posted:

the thought of scott walker doing the same nude pose as scott brown brought shivers to my soul

Why you would not only think of that, but then share that image with the rest of us, doesn't say much for your psychological health.:cry:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

DaveWoo posted:

Playing him like a goddamn fiddle. It's amazing how easy this guy is to manipulate.

It's actually pretty surprising how hard this reads as Warren playing Trump. This is terrible optics for Trump and she's managing to do it again and again.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Radbot posted:

I'm talking about the guy who said I was "unskewing" polls by noting how amazing it was that PPP has Clinton +6 despite Trump's massive unfavorability.

So you decided to make up a definition out of thin air to point out that someone isn't using the term correctly?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Majorian posted:

Bring back that bulwark of senatorial mightiness - Scott Brown!:downs:

Don't worry, he'll be back in the saddle as soon as the Boston Herald publishes their expose on Warren's true heritage :downs:

Atoramos posted:

It's actually pretty surprising how hard this reads as Warren playing Trump. This is terrible optics for Trump and she's managing to do it again and again.

If he just could summon the ability to let it the gently caress go, this kind of thing would never work--but it does, and people like Warren are going to be excellent subordinates for Clinton in that regard.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

So you decided to make up a definition out of thin air to point out that someone isn't using the term correctly?

Maybe you can go take your pedantic bullshit to someone who will care, that might be a better use of your time

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

it's also pretty striking how warren went from progressive hopeful for USPrez to Judas in the space of around 8 weeks

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

Don't worry, he'll be back in the saddle as soon as the Boston Herald publishes their expose on Warren's true heritage :downs:

I'm amazed that Trump is beating on that drum himself.

And I'm also amazed that I'm amazed at that.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Majorian posted:

I'm amazed that Trump is beating on that drum himself.

And I'm also amazed that I'm amazed at that.

I'm surprised Trump couldn't come up with a better insult. "Goofy Elizabeth Warren"?

Why not "Dizzy Lizzie Warren"? Sounds zippier.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Warren deleted all her tweets from the past few days lol

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Typo posted:

it's also pretty striking how warren went from progressive hopeful for USPrez to Judas in the space of around 8 weeks

To whom? The only reactions I've seen to Trump's claims have been pro-Warren, other than directly from Trump himself.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

funny way to spell posted:

The Stumped list gets even bigger

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nice. its good attack too. sad thing is all trump has to do is call her a "goofy oval office" and then laugh and all of Maga's will jerk off and laugh with him.

this is one of the "better" things about trump, he is extremely petty and thin skinned. hit him in the righ area and he will have a tantrum.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

I'm surprised Trump couldn't come up with a better insult. "Goofy Elizabeth Warren"?

Why not "Dizzy Lizzie Warren"? Sounds zippier.

It's one of his stock old man insults. You must never forget that Trump is the nation's confused racist grandpa.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

funny way to spell posted:

Note that she has two (confirmed) Twitter accounts - @SenWarren for day-to-day use, and @elizabethforma for talking smack.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Atoramos posted:

To whom? The only reactions I've seen to Trump's claims have been pro-Warren, other than directly from Trump himself.
Handful of Bernie Bros got pissed that she didn't endorse Bernie before MA. Note that she didn't endorse Hillary, and in fact still hasn't endorsed either of them.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

etalian posted:

The Stumped list gets even bigger

I was wrong she has two twitters

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Radbot posted:

Maybe you can go take your pedantic bullshit to someone who will care, that might be a better use of your time

Can you post your personal definition of pedantic bullshit? I wanna make sure we're on the same page of your meltdown here.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nice. its good attack too. sad thing is all trump has to do is call her a "goofy oval office" and then laugh and all of Maga's will jerk off and laugh with him.

They would do this regardless of his response. The MAGA cult is a cult of personality; it doesn't give a poo poo about politics.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Scott Brown has a truck.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Handful of Bernie Bros got pissed that she didn't endorse Bernie before MA. Note that she didn't endorse Hillary, and in fact still hasn't endorsed either of them.

Maybe I just don't hang out with the Berniebros or read Berniebro news but I haven't seen anyone pissed at Warren, only grateful that she didn't endorse Clinton instead.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Sad? This is how Warren makes Trump and his supporters look worse. This is the exact result Warren is aiming for, so I don't know how sad it is.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
warren just needs to say Trump has a loose grasp on reality because his small hands don't provide enough strength.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Scott Brown has a truck.
Scott Brown is friends with his truck.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You mean Scott Brown?

bqhatevwr

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
It doesn't really matter for either one of them, Warren is up for election in another 2 years when nobody is gonna remember this, and people who listen to Warren are prob not gonna vote for Trump anyway. Unless there's enormous support for her in Ohio or PA or something which I doubt.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Zeal of the Convert:

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Can you post your personal definition of pedantic bullshit? I wanna make sure we're on the same page of your meltdown here.

No thanks, goodbye

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
National GE poll - YouGov/Economist
5/6 - 5/9 - 1612 RV

Clinton 42
Trump 40

National GE poll - Morning Consult
5/5 - 5/9 - 6005 RV

Clinton 44
Trump 38

Oregon GE poll - FOX 12/KPTV
5/6 - 5/9 - 902 LV

Clinton 43
Trump 32

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 11, 2016

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Louisgod posted:

warren just needs to say Trump has a loose grasp on reality because his small hands don't provide enough strength.

Oh I love this. Please God let her do this.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Scott Brown is friends with his truck.

He's coming to you from the road, with his friend the truck, that he drives

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slate Action posted:

National GE poll - YouGov/Economist
5/6 - 5/9 - 1612 RV

Clinton 42
Trump 40

National GE poll - Morning Consult
5/5 - 5/9 - 6005 RV

Clinton 44
Trump 38

What did the undecideds look like at this point in '12?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
It's good that Liz Warren is owning Trump but please do not try to write material for her, that's sad.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

FuzzySkinner posted:

If the democratic party is going to devolve into identity politics mixed with supporting big banks over valuing working class men and women?

They deserve to lose to Trump. Period.

half of "working class men and women" aren't white though

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Radbot posted:

No thanks, goodbye

K, good luck making things up next time.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Louisgod posted:

It's f*cked up how much power the meme has this time around

The American Revolution was a meme and this is a meme nation and always has been

Like setting aside the lovely "I specifically requested the opposite of this" variations, poo poo like don't tread on me snake isn't new

And you could easily make a case that meme power is the only real power. In the beginning there was the Word.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

logikv9 posted:

I'll admit that I've never heard an orgasm described that way before but whatever floats your boat I guess

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

zoux posted:

What did the undecideds look like at this point in '12?

They looked like drooling morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

crazy cloud posted:

The American Revolution was a meme and this is a meme nation and always has been

Like setting aside the lovely "I specifically requested the opposite of this" variations, poo poo like don't tread on me snake isn't new

And you could easily make a case that meme power is the only real power. In the beginning there was the Word.

Richard Dawkins invented memes after thinking about two dogs doing a 69

• Locked thread