Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
You know, I knew that in order to bridge a police procedural set in a fictional comic book town to straight-up costumed superhero and supervillain adventures, they'd have to gradually turn the crazy knob to the right. I just wasn't expecting the potentiometer to be an audio-taper. (Look it up and you, too, can sound like an electronics hobbyist.)

I think we need a gif of Alfred tentatively raising his hand to waive good-bye, with or without Galavan blowing up. And I suppose I could work on a final Galavant post.

Man... even the return of Fish Moony couldn't ruin the awesome of that denouement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

This show doesn't deserve to be this good after being so bad. This recent run of episodes has been amazing.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Rocket launcher was awesome and I like that everyone just rolled with it. Sucks about Fish coming back, but I think most people saw it coming since they never actually showed her body being dead - just her falling off the building into the water. Even with that, these past few episodes have been pretty awesome.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Well the good news is we won't get Fish Mooney back as we knew her, but a reprogrammed version

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Butch's wave goodbye was so perfect.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Gotham is the only show I'm bothering to watch anymore, for some reason, and I'm really happy I stuck with it. I can't explain WHY I'm liking this show so much, though.

Last night's episode was fun as heck and was that a Court of Owls in the teaser for next week?

Firefly's got a degree of creepiness to her in just that first reappearance and Bruce must be taking driving lessons from BvS Batman.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai5Dm4vjtQw

It's still so good.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
The Villains really make this show. I think I've loved everyone of them this season... but Penguin... oh Penguin!...

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d6Yb-4iR7A

Eh... drat it Gotham, don't let this season go out on a down note. Please, for the love of God, we were getting back together and then this happens.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ugh Fish coming back is like finding a plate of poo poo at the end of an otherwise fine buffet.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I missed the actual episode. Was that music there?

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Ugh Fish coming back is like finding a plate of poo poo at the end of an otherwise fine buffet.

Fish was alright by the end of the season. If they ditch the horrible persona they tried to establish in the first half of the season, I'm fine with it.

Bruceski posted:

I missed the actual episode. Was that music there?

Yes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think that's the second person this season that they've blown up.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Penguin and Butch - the real heroes of Gotham.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

muscles like this? posted:

I think that's the second person this season that they've blown up.

The first dude was the guy trying to steal C4 from Badguy Costco that Gordon blows up :lol:

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

The Duke posted:

The first dude was the guy trying to steal C4 from Badguy Costco that Gordon blows up :lol:

I completely forgot about bad guy costco that was amazing.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

6-year plan man posted:

I completely forgot about bad guy costco that was amazing.

same

I think that was the exact point where Gotham got "bad" in a good way

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Whenever I tell my wife (who's waiting until the season is up on Netflix to binge it) that this show has gotten so much better, her first response is always "Is stupid crazy lady back?"

Until now, I've been able to tell her no. :(

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

ShakeZula posted:

That would be kind of a shame. We're already awash in Batman stories, this is an interesting look at a lesser-told part of his story. Plus it would likely age Mazouz and Bicondova out of their roles, and I like what they're doing more than I'd like a true Batman TV show.

The way puberty has kicked them both in the rear end they might just be able to cheat. The shoot of the two of them last episode you could clearly see they where trying to shoot around Mazouz height and Bicondova facial changes.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

The way puberty has kicked them both in the rear end they might just be able to cheat. The shoot of the two of them last episode you could clearly see they where trying to shoot around Mazouz height and Bicondova facial changes.

Bicondova looks a lot older without the curls.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was easily the best episode of the show to date.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
From that promo, I get the feeling that they're going to play something like Fish is so strong willed that Strange's attempts to imprint a false personality on her won't work like they do with everyone else.

Burning_Monk posted:

Bicondova looks a lot older without the curls.

I sort of wonder if there is a practical reason for the specific change this episode, though. Didn't she usually wear a hoody or a baggier knit cap with her curly hair?

The look of her outfit sort of makes me think that she's possibly wearing a knit hat/wig combo in part because the actress (or stunt double) might be in some scenes involving open flame and they wanted a more flame-resistant outfit or something. Not saying it's going to be a LOT of real flame all over the place, but maybe some bits of environmental bits that for additional safety they had to protect whichever performer a bit more than usual.

edit: A potential spoiler, but the imdb page for next week's episode has an image in their photo gallery of a character I didn't see in the promos: Clayface
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4371270/?ref_=tt_eps_cu_n

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 12, 2016

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I loving DIED with laughter at the rocket launcher and the music made it even better. That was so, so great.

I'm good with this show no matter where it goes, whether it be more pre-Batman to moving more aggressively to early Batman (has there ever been a comic run that was early Batman, like say Gotham-esque but with Bruce being like 18-21 and in the early days of his vigilante career?). Both of those things interest me. How good are the ratings this season? How high is Fox on keeping Gotham going? It's already been renewed for S3 if I remember correctly, but anything beyond that?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I loving DIED with laughter at the rocket launcher and the music made it even better. That was so, so great.

I'm good with this show no matter where it goes, whether it be more pre-Batman to moving more aggressively to early Batman (has there ever been a comic run that was early Batman, like say Gotham-esque but with Bruce being like 18-21 and in the early days of his vigilante career?). Both of those things interest me. How good are the ratings this season? How high is Fox on keeping Gotham going? It's already been renewed for S3 if I remember correctly, but anything beyond that?

Batman Year 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Year_One

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

How old was he in this, or is it ever stated? I feel like the Gotham showrunners are very much planting seeds of Batman in Mazouz's Bruce even now. It's a little funny that the "problem" is they actually cast age-appropriately for once in ever so a timeskip really wouldn't work given Mazouz is legitimately 15.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How old was he in this, or is it ever stated? I feel like the Gotham showrunners are very much planting seeds of Batman in Mazouz's Bruce even now. It's a little funny that the "problem" is they actually cast age-appropriately for once in ever so a timeskip really wouldn't work given Mazouz is legitimately 15.

Synopsis says the story starts when Bruce is 25... so lots of time .

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

imperialparadox posted:

Penguin and Butch - the real heroes of Gotham.

Penguin and Butch Power Hour continues to be great:

"You're welcome."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The music makes that scene perfect.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MacheteZombie posted:

Penguins eyelashes makes that scene perfect.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Penguin makes the show perfect.

Seriously, they nailed that casting for what they wanted on the show.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

MacheteZombie posted:

Penguin makes the show perfect.

Seriously, they nailed that casting for what they wanted on the show.

The jaunty/ominous violin flourish motif that plays for him is honestly really drat great too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A funny background thing in the scene where he was getting ready is that the dead body of his stepmother is still sitting at the table.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

A funny background thing in the scene where he was getting ready is that the dead body of his stepmother is still sitting at the table.

Yeah, I noticed that. And it's great. He won't even give her the dignity of being disposed of, such as that dignity is... nope. She's there at the table, right where he killed her after tricking her into eating her kids.

The flies were buzzing last time we saw the scene. Not this time, though. Just think... it's got to stink. The hate it would take to seemingly enjoy letting her rot like the... well I'd say like the bitch she is, but bitches get buried or cremated. Even the canine ones.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Penguin tricking her into eating her own kids is the darkest thing the show has done and I loved it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Penguin tricking her into eating her own kids is the darkest thing the show has done and I loved it.

I'm hoping it's not the peak moment of the show because I'm really enjoying it, but I could see it being the peak moment.

However I thought exploding kid from villain Costco was going to the peak so they've proved me wrong before.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm hoping it's not the peak moment of the show because I'm really enjoying it, but I could see it being the peak moment.

However I thought exploding kid from villain Costco was going to the peak so they've proved me wrong before.

It might be the peak grotesque moment for the show.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
My favorite thing about that plot line is that it's essentially just "Let's have the Penguin do Cinderella". Evil step-parents, bratty step siblings, being forced into becoming a scullery-hand. There's even a lovable animal friend (RIP).

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Between that and the red plaid Ed wore in the same episode, I took that all as an extended Hannibal homage.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

I just came around to watching the latest episode. So happy for my man penguin! Looking forward to more snarky ventventures with Forensic Guy and Street Trash Girl.

With where this show is going i hope for Fish Mooney coming back brainwashed as a mermaid swimming circles in a goldfishbowl and just making crazy bubbles with her mouth. Yeah, i know it won't happen but show is that enjoyable now that i will watch anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
My name is Fish Mooney, bitch. :downs:

• Locked thread