Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

The whole gated arenas thing is going to pretty severely limit speed runs I think.

didn't for Painkiller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

^^^ forgot all about that :eyepop:

For those who don't know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKAt7kxPIKw

GreatGreen posted:

The whole gated arenas thing is going to pretty severely limit speed runs I think.

You saw what these people did to Wolfenstein, right? I don't think a few gated arenas are going to stop much of anyone

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Spudd posted:

Battlefield's out already?

its actually called battlef1eld: retard

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I've been calling this level editor TardShard

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Finding keycards is kinda like a gated arena

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GreatGreen posted:

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

For those who don't know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKAt7kxPIKw

You saw what these people did to Wolfenstein, right? I don't think a few gated arenas are going to stop much of anyone

That's pretty cool though. No doubt eventually somebody'll find out a way to beat it super fast, but the question is how long will it take you if you haven't played the game before and found all the secrets, but you're still moving at a fast pace.

Game publishers tend to inflate the length of the game a bit when they announce it. Most games promise 12-15 and end up being like 8-9 unless you really take your sweet time.

Although I do really like that Doom put in some story ghosts but totally lets you skip them if you just wanna move the gently caress on. I hate it when games like Halo make you stop and listen to some speech in the middle of a level every time you replay it. Just make it a skippable cutscene at that point!

echronorian posted:

Finding keycards is kinda like a gated arena

This game has both! lol

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Ramsus posted:

Just a reminder that the best doom was Final Doom on playstation because it had the creepy music that made the game scary instead of corny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85npx14HUI

Don't you mean regular Doom for the PSX? Which had the same music, only more of it, and like 3 times the levels?

Morter posted:

How much did you pay for Doom 1 and 2?

If you bought them full price in the old days? $44.95 for Doom II, $40 for Doom (not Ultimate Doom with the 4th episode).

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
DOAM

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Calling a pre downloaded game retarded actually makes a kind of sense.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

wipeout posted:

Calling a pre downloaded game retarded actually makes a kind of sense.
:eyepop:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anrvBD4aTGY

This looks pretty good

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It just isn't the same without some random guy obnoxiously yelling out "OH YEAH!" every time something gets bisected or dismembered.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lmao, its so crazy how much better this looks on PC than console.

This is the second video of the PC build (and the first that is direct capture and not a cam) we've EVER seen, the game comes out tomorrow, and even then its Nvidia showing us this, not Bethesda.

Bethesda is so loving stupid.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

holy loving poo poo it's like night and day bethesda you loving morons.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I call this marketing campaign Retard 4

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

GUI fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 12, 2016

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFRlx_FpqGv/

Soundtrack might be pretty decent as well

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

https://twitter.com/doom_txt/status/730539294104772611

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So why is it releasing on a Friday again? Because they are scared? :ohdear:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Beastie posted:

So why is it releasing on a Friday again? Because they are scared? :ohdear:

Friday the 13th.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

damnright.wad

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

broken clock opsec posted:

Friday the 13th.

Hahaha they loving jinxed themselves :hb:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

I've been calling this level editor TardShard

SnapCrap

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Bethesda marketing: It just works!!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I call this marketing campaign Retard 4

Seriously, goddamn.

It is pretty amazing how totally incompetent Bethesda's marketing is.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

GreatGreen posted:

Seriously, goddamn.

It is pretty amazing how totally incompetent Bethesda's marketing is.

You can show slower gameplay for the console crowd then go to the PC guys and go "But really though" and nobody will care. I remember they did that with Borderlands 2 for some of the visuals and people loved it!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

That tears it, cancelled my preorder.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Serious question, why does nothing except for doomguy make any noise? Its like they made the weapon sounds and forgot about everything else. Revenant rockets and Imp fireballs are completely silent, is this really how the final game is going to be?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I'm not sure why people are upset about closed off arenas. The most fun in old Doom was getting right into the thick of a frenetic fight, not abusing a door bottleneck and just shot gunning guys who round the corner.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

GreatGreen posted:

A warning for people watching the new hour-long SnapMap video.

You will want to murder the british chick by the end of it. Holy poo poo what a non-contributive, interrupting, un-funny hag.

Thank you for this lovely contribution.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

khwarezm posted:

Thank you for this lovely contribution.

Oh hey! Well while I'm at it, the white haired pixiecut doesn't suit your face shape at all.

Seriously it was a fair warning though. That girl was so obnoxious it made me mad, and I thought I'd let other people know what they might be in for. All she did was interrupt the dev who was actually trying to explain things with her unfunny jokes, that is when she wasn't screaming "OOH OOH DO THIS TOO HEY NOW DO THIS AHAHAHA" into the dev's ear as he was clearly trying to demonstrate other things.

vvv You're right, "hag" was a bit silly. Should've said "ugly lesbian" instead.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 12, 2016

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
As good a reason as any to talk about how you want to strangle that HAG.

Hag, lol. Is this a fairy tale or terrible fantasy novel.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

khwarezm posted:

I've been calling it Retard 4.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I haven't played a Nintendo game since Turok 2. Where in the ven diagram does that leave me

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

BattleHamster posted:

Serious question, why does nothing except for doomguy make any noise? Its like they made the weapon sounds and forgot about everything else. Revenant rockets and Imp fireballs are completely silent, is this really how the final game is going to be?

Shrug, can't say I even noticed, still don't after watching it again and listening for them.
I'd say there's enough sounds of battle.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

khwarezm posted:

Fascist!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Nintendo fan: We need more games about the strong independent woman Samus Aran.

Retard 4 fan: shut that stream hag's slutmouth

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'll make a Mario 64 inspired SnapMap with a lot of jumping on blocks okay everybody happy, also barrels for DK. Everybody settle down now

*read post in flustered southern mayor character voice* (that's a character in the DOOM leaks)

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 12, 2016

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Heavy Metal posted:

I'll make a Mario 64 inspired SnapMap with a lot of jumping on blocks okay everybody happy, also barrels for DK. Everybody settle down now

*read post in flustered southern mayor character voice* (that's a character in the DOOM leaks)

I'm planning on making a huge rectangular room with nothing in it but a Cyberdemon and a chainsaw :black101::unsmigghh::getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm planning on making a huge rectangular room with nothing in it but a Cyberdemon and a chainsaw :black101::unsmigghh::getin:

Put him in the illusopit.