Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ruddiger posted:

The fight with Forsythe in Out For Justice is so viciously one-sided, it borders on the obscene. Then Segal stabs a corkscrew in the top of his head.

Yeah, I wanted to post about that, William Forsythe doesn't even get a hand on him. You almost feel sorry for him, despite him viciously murdering dozens of people earlier in the movie.

Also, that pool hall fight doesn't even need to happen, it's Seagal's character's provocation that it happens. He just goes in there, starts asking questions, and when he doesn't get an answer, he just starts beating up patrons. He's like the biggest bully in that movie.

kiimo posted:

Agreed. Was one of them the lightsaber "traitor!" guy?

Yayan "Mad Dog" Ruhian and Iko "Rama" Uwais show up as the GanjaKanji Klub gang leaders who board Han's freighter. Presumably they survive and don't get eaten by the Cthulhu monsters Han and Chewie were smuggling, so we might see them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Isn't Tony Jaa('s career) dead?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

kiimo posted:

Seagal is a deplorable human who runs weird and deserves to go away forever and I was at Under Siege opening day when I was young and stupid.

Seagal runs like Peter Falk falling down a hill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HT1plNt1L8&t=1m0s

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 12, 2016

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

who was he in Dogville?

he was definitely my favorite part of Melancholia

I actually don't remember him in it, but apparently he is. It's probably worth trying to find my DVD because I haven't watched it in like 10 years.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

He had a tiny role in Furious 7.

His major contribution was legitimizing Paul Walker because I actually believed Walker could last two seconds against him.

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 12, 2016

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

You guys got it alllll wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jji78uEW14

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Talking about Tony Jaa gives me a reason to post one of my favorite videos ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0kufx74Io

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Like as silly as the Marvel movies are would you really lose anything by introducing raid dude as Iron Fist at this point?
They've already said there's going to be an Iron Fist series on Netflix, but I wouldn't get my hopes up that they'd cast a non-white lead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They already casted the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

kiimo posted:

I totally forgot he used to tell people he killed for the CIA or some poo poo.

That's a favorite tactic of blowhards because the CIA has a policy of never officially commenting on stuff like that.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

There's always Jeff Speakman, AKA The Perfect Weapon.

I was going to say this because I'm an old but Kiimo beat me to it. However,

oldpainless posted:

There's always Michael dudikoff, AKA The American Ninja.

is the correct statement.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Like as silly as the Marvel movies are would you really lose anything by introducing raid dude as Iron Fist at this point?

You would lose them being in movies with good action choreography.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Something a bit more recent in Seagal's DTV career...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfNW1ERej0A

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LesterGroans posted:

His major contribution was legitimizing Paul Walker because I actually believed Walker could last two seconds against him.

His fight scenes were both pretty cool and his "TOO SLOW" was funny.

He will next be in xXx: The Return of Xander Cage.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

MacheteZombie posted:

Truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt2znyyXt3g

e: I guess they don't explain it right away, but it's revealed later in the episode.

I know this is from a while back but I had no idea this show was filmed here in Atlanta until I recognized the lot where the powered kids were hanging out in is next to a restaurant/club I used to live near.

It's weird to see Atlanta becoming the Southern US's version of Vancouver.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

LesterGroans posted:

I actually don't remember him in it, but apparently he is. It's probably worth trying to find my DVD because I haven't watched it in like 10 years.

Paul Walker was a pretty legit Martial Artist although I think his thing was more grappling

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Gaz2k21 posted:

Paul Walker was a pretty legit Martial Artist although I think his thing was more grappling

Oh, no doubt. His prison fight in 6 is legit and the fact that he fights Tony Jaa twice in 7 and it isn't ridiculous is huge.

I even liked him in Brick Mansions.

RIP in Peace Paul Walker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Evil Mastermind posted:

They've already said there's going to be an Iron Fist series on Netflix, but I wouldn't get my hopes up that they'd cast a non-white lead.

Especially considering the character is white American, and a major driving motivation for half of his enemies is that he's an outsider taking honours that he doesn't deserve.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Sir Kodiak posted:

Nah, that was another guy. They showed up as the dipshits who get indistinctly wrecked by the beholders on Han's freighter.
These guys:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Those cameos were such a dick move because anyone who would recognize them would be disappointed by their lack of martial arts.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I think I read something where JJ Abrams said that those characters weren't dead, and would be appearing in VIII.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I didn't watch The Force Awakens, and I'm kind of surprised that shot's from Star Wars. From looks, I'd have guessed it to be a decently-budgeted-but-you-can-see-the-flaws sci-fi TV show, like Doctor Who or something.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I think that's a publicity shot, not a still

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I didn't watch The Force Awakens, and I'm kind of surprised that shot's from Star Wars. From looks, I'd have guessed it to be a decently-budgeted-but-you-can-see-the-flaws sci-fi TV show, like Doctor Who or something.

I think it's a production still.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That scene also takes place on a junk freighter with a two person crew, it isn't meant to look good.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

Those cameos were such a dick move because anyone who would recognize them would be disappointed by their lack of martial arts.

I certainly can confirm my own disappointment at that.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
It was also a completely pointless sequence that didn't further any characters or the plot. Easily the worst part of the film and very Abrams (hiding major plot convenience with a throw away monster is one of his favourite tricks).

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The actual movie looks like this, with less flat lighting, but they still don't come off all that well.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I would argue that the original Star Wars movies have plenty of "pointless" scenes, but I guess this isn't really the thread to expand on that discussion.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

He did go a bit nuts for a while, and burned a lot of bridges by believing his own hype, but I'm sure he's been humbled enough by now.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Sir Lemming posted:

I would argue that the original Star Wars movies have plenty of "pointless" scenes, but I guess this isn't really the thread to expand on that discussion.

Star Wars is an incredibly tight, well-edited movie. Like, the only scene that I don't think flows that well is the Death Star PowerPoint presentation.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

LesterGroans posted:

Star Wars is an incredibly tight, well-edited movie. Like, the only scene that I don't think flows that well is the Death Star PowerPoint presentation.

A problem with Star Wars is that it's too tight. They spend the first half of the first movie trying to save Alderaan only for it to be blown up, and they scarcely talk about it after that. It's necessary to show why the Empire is so feared, but the whole galactic genocide thing clashes with swashbuckling tone. When you look past the cool heroics the entire four-movie saga is incredibly grim.

I hated the whole Death Star 3 thing destroying a solar system because it was completely token. There was no build-up, no gravity, they destroy some planets we've never heard of, and the only thing you can say is "Well at least there were no named characters we care about in that supernova". I'm guess I'm just used space operas like LoGH where they painstakingly take into account every action and its consequence.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

A problem with Star Wars is that it's too tight. They spend the first half of the first movie trying to save Alderaan only for it to be blown up, and they scarcely talk about it after that. It's necessary to show why the Empire is so feared, but the whole galactic genocide thing clashes with swashbuckling tone. When you look past the cool heroics the entire four-movie saga is incredibly grim.

At what point in the movie are they trying to save Alderaan? They're trying to get R2's message to Leia, who is from Alderaan. When its destroyed they find her on the Death Star and end up tagging along with her once they rescue her. At no point do Luke or Obi-Wan say they want to save Alderaan.

Once they're on Yavin and it becomes clear that R-2 had the Death Star plans, and that an attack is imminent, having grief sessions with a therapist wouldn't have really been the best use of their time.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Tony Jaa and the dude(s) from The Raid really should have gotten huge American roles by now.

Marvel already cast Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell from Game of Thrones) as Danny Rand/Iron First for the netflix series and well, good luck getting Marvel to introduce multiple versions of the same character for any length of time even if it is a part of the Iron Fist story.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Hm, that has a, er, slight tonal difference from the other poster.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I was gonna say Jackie Chan already did that role, but I guess I misremembered who played who. This was a decently fun movie, though:

e: Not a lot of posters focusing on the boring white everyman protagonist, though.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
drat, was gonna write that movie off as For The Asians but if they got a white guy I gotta check that bad boy out.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Why didn't they just switch the two names? So Jet Li's name runs along his axis. Geez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

You'd think at this point, someone was actively making sure the photography doesn't line up with the contractually-mandated order of names, just to gently caress with people.