Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

In Overwatch there's a character who wears and fights in rollerblades and there's a subtle sort of 'slide' to his movements as he runs around in first person view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

In Overwatch there's a character who wears and fights in rollerblades and there's a subtle sort of 'slide' to his movements as he runs around in first person view.

Similarly, there's one that hovers, and he doesn't have any camera bob whatsoever. And the particularly short dwarf has his perspective much closer to the ground than anybody else. :allears:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In a game full of waifus I never expected a big fat pig guy to steal my heart. :swoon:

All joking aside Roadhogg is a tank character who's gimmick is using a hook to pull people and holy poo poo is it satisfying, predicting where tracer is gonna teleport and one shotting that bitch, dragging Pharah out of the sky, killing Hanzo's as they vainly try to be zippy assholes, like I have never played a more satisfying character.

I had a game where I had 87% hook accuracy, it was ridiculous, nobody was safe, never been called so many racial slurs in the in game chat.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

packetmantis posted:

Is it the whole game? :allears:

The boulder level.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

One of my favorite little things about Overwatch is characters being interrupted if they die mid-sentence. Pharah can unleash a barrage of rockets as her ultimate and she announces it with the line "Justice rains from above!". It's not uncommon for her to get sniped doing it and so you end up hearing "JUSTICE RAINS FR...*deathrattle*".

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Mierenneuker posted:

One of my favorite little things about Overwatch is characters being interrupted if they die mid-sentence. Pharah can unleash a barrage of rockets as her ultimate and she announces it with the line "Justice rains from above!". It's not uncommon for her to get sniped doing it and so you end up hearing "JUSTICE RAINS FR...*deathrattle*".

Or rocketed/barraged by another Pharah, or hooked by a Roadhog, etc.

In the same vein for McCree and Soldier:76,

IT'S HIGH NOO- /dead
I'VE GOT YOU IN MY SI- /dead

Thank goodness, now I can stop hiding.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Reaper: "DIE, D-" *dies*

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I always like when people play with games more than playing them by the rigid rules they put forth. Like in Dark Souls 3 there is a courtyard past one of the harder bosses that has nothing in it, just two crystal lizards and a path forward, but there were a number of messages like "Mob enemy ahead" or "Danger" that had me nervous - until I saw why they were placed. One time through that courtyard, blood red summon signs started appearing en masse. The messages became clear - the fans had turned it into a tiny PVP arena :3: What was once a functionless setpiece now has purpose beyond a couple of lame pickups.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

BioEnchanted posted:

I always like when people play with games more than playing them by the rigid rules they put forth. Like in Dark Souls 3 there is a courtyard past one of the harder bosses that has nothing in it, just two crystal lizards and a path forward, but there were a number of messages like "Mob enemy ahead" or "Danger" that had me nervous - until I saw why they were placed. One time through that courtyard, blood red summon signs started appearing en masse. The messages became clear - the fans had turned it into a tiny PVP arena :3: What was once a functionless setpiece now has purpose beyond a couple of lame pickups.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/04/ridealong-the-underground-fight-clubs-of-dark-souls-iii/

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Well, now I know to watch out for Malcolm Reynolds. THat sort of thing is exactly why I rarely ember, and just kill stuff solo. I only summoned to kill the Pontiff Sulyvhan so far.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

Towards the beginning of the new Uncharted you get to walk around Drake's house and play Crash Bandicoot.

Also there's an option to replay cinematics which comes in handy if you miss something which is nice.

Even better, the PS1 shows black bars on the sides on their HDTV, and it requires you to use the d-pad to control it (because Crash predates the dual shock.)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Even better, the PS1 shows black bars on the sides on their HDTV, and it requires you to use the d-pad to control it (because Crash predates the dual shock.)
I kinda had Drake pegged for a guy who would stretch the SD image to fit a wide screen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In UC4 multiplayer one of the character customizations you can unlock is Tycho Brahe's metal nose.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

In UC4 multiplayer one of the character customizations you can unlock is Tycho Brahe's metal nose.

Wow, Penny Arcade has become more powerful than I ever could've possibly imagined.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

muscles like this? posted:

My favourite thing in UC4 is them supporting rape culture and transphobia.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FAROOQ posted:

He'll, don't we all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FAROOQ posted:

Only if you preorder though, which is bullshit.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I'm not sure how many people are getting the joke and how many are playing along so let's get aside that Tycho Brahe was a real historical figure with a metal nose.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

bewilderment posted:

I'm not sure how many people are getting the joke and how many are playing along so let's get aside that Tycho Brahe was a real historical figure with a metal nose.

FAROOQ posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FAROOQ posted:

What does this even mean?

You
Oct 6, 2009

VideoGames posted:

What does this even mean?

That FAROOQs favourite thing in UC4 is them supporting rape culture and transphobia.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I meant more what is the rape culture and transphobia in Uncharted 4.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

VideoGames posted:

I meant more what is the rape culture and transphobia in Uncharted 4.

I'm assuming the joke is that Tycho Brahe is also one of the Penny Arcade guys (in addition to bring a referenced historic figure in the game) and that this Tycho in question has been linked to those issues.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

You posted:

That FAROOQs favourite thing in UC4 is them supporting rape culture and transphobia.

Gonna be honest here, and I hate putting down others, but no one's favorite thing should be that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh I see, Farooq is just being inflammatory then. Obviously the naughty dog guys are talking about the historical Tycho and not the weird guy from penny arcade.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's nothing wrong with being Transphobic, that's where all the vampires live.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Nude posted:

Gonna be honest here, and I hate putting down others, but no one's favorite thing should be that.

don't tell me how to live

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
But I guess this means Farooq is into rape and transphobia? At least we know this now.

I've been playing a bit of Hyper Light Drifter (they just added coop, so I'm looking forward to trying that out), and I like the complete and utter lack of dialogue, words, or anything like that. It really gives the game one hell of an alien feel.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm trancephobic. Terrified of trance music.

I like how Uncharted 4 opens up with Nathan about to die from adventure. A real departure from the series. I really do like it, I loving love Uncharted and 4 is kicking my rear end with how good it is.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Morpheus posted:

But I guess this means Farooq is into rape and transphobia?

I post in PYF

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

graybook posted:

I'm assuming the joke is that Tycho Brahe is also one of the Penny Arcade guys (in addition to bring a referenced historic figure in the game) and that this Tycho in question has been linked to those issues.

I thought it was Gabe who was the inflammatory one and Tycho was just along for the ride.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Action Tortoise posted:

I thought it was Gabe who was the inflammatory one and Tycho was just along for the ride.

I wasn't sure about which of them was the problematic one, so that may very well be the case.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
In The Division, if you shoot at an enemy throwing a grenade, they can gently caress up their throw. Sometimes that means they gently caress it up so bad that they drop a cooked grenade, but sometimes they just aim wrong and throw it too short/far.

Kind of a cool little touch in a game that, while very detailed, has about four enemy skins (so far).

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm not sure exactly where to put this, but I recently played Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Armstrong at one point says verbatim that he'll "make America great again".

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bewilderment posted:

I'm sorry that my dumb joke led to all this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AlphaKretin posted:

I'm not sure exactly where to put this, but I recently played Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Armstrong at one point says verbatim that he'll "make America great again".

Senator Armstrong is one of those things where you're like "Haha, man, what a funny parody, we'll never get that bad" and then in retrospect they didn't go far enough.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Senator Armstrong is one of those things where you're like "Haha, man, what a funny parody, we'll never get that bad" and then in retrospect they didn't go far enough.

People had problems with Revengeance because they completely agreed with the villain and didn't like that he was portrayed as being wrong.

Though my little thing in Revengeance was the cutscenes with Armstrong at the end. Especially the part where he picks Raiden up, dusts him off and shakes his hand. More games needs to have that kind of.. .I don't know what to call it, but its funny when things like that happen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

quote:

Gov Pat McRory: “I think there’s a time where the Republicans and the Democrats in this Congress need to revisit the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and revisit all this issue,”

Nowhere near close to far enough.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

AlphaKretin posted:

That whole fight/argument scene was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmWQd8zhEg4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I disagreed with Armstrong's the strong will rule stuff but he was dead on with the other poo poo he said.

But then again that's what makes a great villain, someone who you might agree with a little but you still need to kill his rear end.