Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Pitou was much more obviously female in the anime.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Bad Seafood posted:

Where'd he say that? Cause I've always just figured the series only had around three more arcs in it, so it's kinda weird to me that my hunch might be inexplicably right.

I googled it and it turns out I was remembering wrong! He said in 2011 that he had about 3-4 ideas for arcs after the ant arc.

http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:MrGenial11/Yoshihiro_Togashi_/_Eiichiro_Oda_interview?useskin=oasis

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

GYRO

CONFIRMED

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

A lot of people assumed Pitou was a male because she/he/it uses masculine pronouns when referring to itself, but it's not uncommon for girls to use those too, especially in manga. When other people refer to Pitou I think it's always gender neutral. The official English version of the manga uses he/him though.

Alluka, on the other hand...

Kalluto, despite appearances, is definitely male.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

Kalluto, despite appearances, is definitely male.

Whoops, meant to say Alluka.

EDIT: Oh wait, I did.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Serious Frolicking posted:

Pitou was much more obviously female in the anime.

What with breasts and clear curves.

Pitou got even more feminine as the manga went on as well. (The main thing that caused doubt is because a guidebook used he in one sentence. (Which may have actually been referring to Gon but I don't know for sure. It was not made by Togashi and had incorrect info anyway) The only other masculine trait is the use of boku as a pronoun. However from what I have looked up this is fairly common for young girls and tomboys to use in real life and even more so in manga.

Japan seems to view Pitou as a girl as well despite my little skill at understanding Japanese.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 12, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/353/3402/1

SCHING

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Hisoka intensifies.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

He is crazy diamonds.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
How magnificent...

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
this plot is off the hook

hisoka is the best :gizz:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

that was probably the finest crotch glow yet

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
chrollo's nose got better

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

not anymore! :q:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh god we're getting into "I know you know I know" territory here. (It was clever that the repeated counter-plans weren't explained, though; explaining the plan is a sign something's going to go wrong and such, while unexplained ones tend to work, so the sudden counters all seemed like they could have been what worked before the next counter came, defying meta expectations.)

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I fully support beating Chrollo in the head with a head.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Crain posted:

I fully support beating Chrollo in the head with a head.

I suspect the second one was hidden with texture surprise.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Is there anything that would have prevented Chrollo from needling Hisoka during that chapter?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tonfa posted:

Is there anything that would have prevented Chrollo from needling Hisoka during that chapter?

Ego, he had 2-4 solid hits and he wasted them on going for organ damage.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Tonfa posted:

That "Chrollo" isn't the real Chrollo.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Traveller posted:

:frogsiren:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm glad for Hisoka that he finally gets to be happy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He hasn't even used the sun and moon seals yet.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

goddamn not only is HxH back, it delivers this fight

I swear to got if togashi quits again in 3 chapters without ending this fight I'm gonna be so angry

so angry you guys

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Traveller posted:

But hes holding the book

Actually come to think of it, I don't think he could use the needle ability there. He had the puppet ability and the disguise ability activated and he can only use 2 abilities at once.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 12, 2016

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

TWIST FIST posted:

But hes holding the book

Gallery Fake

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

oh poo poo

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

It's too son for Hisoka to win, at least there will be an use of Sun & Moon or at least attempt. Also the comment of the first page of "what happened with the needed?" could be a clue of a not told power that it will be important in the end.

Tonfa posted:

Limit of stolen abilities. He got hits because he is using already 2 abilities, he can't use a third one.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

tbh I think Hisoka is dying here. After the Ultimate Boner there is just nowhere to go but down

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Oh god we're getting into "I know you know I know" territory here. (It was clever that the repeated counter-plans weren't explained, though; explaining the plan is a sign something's going to go wrong and such, while unexplained ones tend to work, so the sudden counters all seemed like they could have been what worked before the next counter came, defying meta expectations.)

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Epic.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Tonfa posted:

tbh I think Hisoka is dying here. After the Ultimate Boner there is just nowhere to go but down

haha you think Hisoka can't get harder

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Traveller posted:

I would almost agree, but didn't he say that the instructions he can give to the fake puppets are very limited? I don't think he could tell them to make such complex/accurate/strong attacks as he's been doing.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I would almost agree, but didn't he say that the instructions he can give to the fake puppets are very limited? I don't think he could tell them to make such complex/accurate/strong attacks as he's been doing.

I think the instructions being limited just means that they have some free reign in how they carry out the commands so maybe this puppet is just unusually competent

I dont think thats likely though

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

TWIST FIST posted:

I think the instructions being limited just means that they have some free reign in how they carry out the commands so maybe this puppet is just unusually competent

I dont think thats likely though

Yeah, also the fact that the puppet would have to have a significant amount of aura to actually be able to do any damage to Hisoka.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

All this means is that Chrollo is going to have to switch to his next planned tactic, because Hisoka just proved he can beat this one.

This will probably happen a few times until Chrollo runs out of ideas.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh god I can't stand Chrollo anymore and his infinite OP powers, Hisoka please kill him already

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
the only reason i feel like chrollo cant die here is because of how heavily he's tied into kurapika's unresolved arc. but hisoka's so so so much more interesting to watch than him so i want hisoka to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
From another writer I would expect some lame copout where they both survive, but with Togashi it is entirely possible for one or both of them to die here.