Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
pretty much all of them are possible at zero, but if you're interested in min-maxing your xp gain you have to look up each job's Reputation ("jc") value because hahaha if you expect anything to be simple under the hood of this game, let me tell you. With the new XP system just throwing levels at you, it's less of an issue so you can also choose to ignore it now and forever, which is probably the best choice.

http://payday.wikia.com/wiki/Reputation_(Payday_2)

I'd be impressed to see a level 0 solo dw stealth clear of Alesso, personally. impressed because it's probably going to take you forever.

Psion fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

And if it goes like my last alesso attempt, you will fail it at literally the last second.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Psion posted:

pretty much all of them are possible at zero, but if you're interested in min-maxing your xp gain you have to look up each job's Reputation ("jc") value because hahaha if you expect anything to be simple under the hood of this game, let me tell you. With the new XP system just throwing levels at you, it's less of an issue so you can also choose to ignore it now and forever, which is probably the best choice.

I'd be impressed to see a level 0 solo dw stealth clear of Alesso, personally. impressed because it's probably going to take you forever.

I don't know about minmaxing it, I'm mostly looking for different things to do with the 13 level 0s I have left to go through. The only creative space there is at level 0 is the job you choose to do and I choose to never do another level 0 jewellery store!!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
IME you get more exp from a level 0 Ukrainian even after penalties. Jewelry store just ain't worth it, ever.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Psion posted:

I don't even like stealthing this one at 100, bleh.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
The level 0 restriction is interesting, because it would also restrict which weapons you can bring with you on a heist on top of no skills. Can you still hit 3 detection?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Skunkrocker posted:

The level 0 restriction is interesting, because it would also restrict which weapons you can bring with you on a heist on top of no skills. Can you still hit 3 detection?

You can do it with the Commando 553 and a secondary that hits at least 30 concealment. The Interceptor 45, Gruber Kurz, Chimano 88, Signature .40, and Swedish K all fit the bill. Bonus points to the Gruber for giving you more wiggle room with the +3 concealment boost.

The only secondary available at 0 that would not work with the 553 would be the SpecOps SMG.

The only other primaries available at 0 are the AMCAR, Eagle Heavy, RPK, and Predator. None of those are concealable enough even with a max conceal Gruber.

I don't know what the level restrictions look like on akimbo guns now that they're no longer locked behind a skill but if they're available at 0 you could get 3 detection without any DLC.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 11, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

bbcisdabomb posted:

IME you get more exp from a level 0 Ukrainian even after penalties. Jewelry store just ain't worth it, ever.

As a reply to a post about creativity at level 0. Oh, goons...

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Zigmidge posted:

I don't know about minmaxing it, I'm mostly looking for different things to do with the 13 level 0s I have left to go through. The only creative space there is at level 0 is the job you choose to do and I choose to never do another level 0 jewellery store!!

For solo stealth, the most difficult would probably still be Framing Frame(unless you count crazy things like Mallcrasher and Firestarter day 1). The Diamond and Big Bank are, imo, more enjoyable, though.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 11, 2016

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Alesso stealth best stealth but jfc gently caress that noise at level 0. On DW I can't imagine the basement would be at all doable without perfect camera & guard locations & even then.. ugh no. Don't do this.

Well, maybe do this.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Alesso stealth best stealth but jfc gently caress that noise at level 0. On DW I can't imagine the basement would be at all doable without perfect camera & guard locations & even then.. ugh no. Don't do this.

Well, maybe do this.

I mean, it's definitely doable- but yeah, forklift movement would be agonizing. Taking out the cameras is only possible a third of the time, too- in the video you can see the player is checking camera room positions before anything else, they probably restarted until they got the room they wanted.

One advantage you'd have over revenant, here, is that all kills are now silent- no more staking out an invisible 8m or whatever it was around enemies.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 11, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Shooting Blanks posted:

I don't even like stealthing this one at 100, bleh.

don't spoil the surprise!!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

One advantage you'd have over revenant, here, is that all kills are now silent- no more staking out an invisible 8m or whatever it was around enemies.

You can also do basic deployables and primary saws.

Level 0 GO Bank, anyone?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

GO Bank is actually fun and good loud, so quite possibly

the lack of zipties might make stealth a little interesting, though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The usual strats I see for solo GO Bank involve keeping everyone down with control freak and the saw, so I'm not sure what the zero skill approach would look like.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

The usual strats I see for solo GO Bank involve keeping everyone down with control freak and the saw, so I'm not sure what the zero skill approach would look like.

There would be a mild issue since you wouldn't have enough ties to zip all the civvies and move them out back. You'd probably just have to be more proactive about screaming at people. Or kill everyone you don't tie and throw the bags out back. Yeah, just do that.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm wondering if you could even have enough bodybags. If I did the math right, a team of 4 all bringing bodybag cases means you'll have 27 zipties/bodybags for a full team of 4 level zeroes with the deployable asset. Can you even buy the asset at zero? If not, 24.

I have no idea how many civs you have to control your average GO Bank but yeah, I imagine it's gonna involve a lot of shouting.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Zigmidge posted:

As a reply to a post about creativity at level 0. Oh, goons...

Yeah, well. It's different, right? :downs:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

I'm wondering if you could even have enough bodybags. If I did the math right, a team of 4 all bringing bodybag cases means you'll have 27 zipties/bodybags for a full team of 4 level zeroes with the deployable asset. Can you even buy the asset at zero? If not, 24.

I have no idea how many civs you have to control your average GO Bank but yeah, I imagine it's gonna involve a lot of shouting.

DW GO Bank has 20 civvies on spawn (just checked). You can't buy the deployable, though, so you're limited to 12 body bags and 8 zip ties, I think. You've got to bag up guards, too, so lose bags there. At least some of the civvies could be killed in relatively secluded areas, though.

E: I'm bad and added it up wrong. You also each get a body bag, so add 4 to the total.

E: Just kidding. Subtract 3 body bags, since at least one person has to bring an ECM.

And if you're doing it solo, you're basically just rolling the dice. You've got one ECM that you'll use to break cameras, one body bag, and two zip ties. Have fun.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 12, 2016

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
give me sydney already over$hi££

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

LuciferMorningstar posted:

DW GO Bank has 20 civvies on spawn (just checked). You can't buy the deployable, though, so you're limited to 12 body bags and 8 zip ties, I think. You've got to bag up guards, too, so lose bags there. At least some of the civvies could be killed in relatively secluded areas, though.

E: I'm bad and added it up wrong. You also each get a body bag, so add 4 to the total.

E: Just kidding. Subtract 3 body bags, since at least one person has to bring an ECM.

And if you're doing it solo, you're basically just rolling the dice. You've got one ECM that you'll use to break cameras, one body bag, and two zip ties. Have fun.

the answer is dont play go bank

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Afraid of Audio posted:

give me sydney already over$hi££

Welcome back to the hell of OVERKILL TIME.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

the answer is dont play go bank

Or, now bear with me here, you could grow a pair and conquer your fears.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Ah, there's the lucifermorningstar videogames-as-penis-measurement we know and hate.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

its not a fear, its an opinion that he thinks not playing GO Bank is a preferable alternative to playing it, kind of like not picking black yellow moebius as the heist song

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

BillmasterCozb posted:

its not a fear, its an opinion that he thinks not playing GO Bank is a preferable alternative to playing it, kind of like not picking black yellow moebius as the heist song

the choice to not play GO Bank is about as good of a choice as installing your poo poo-rear end HUD of choice

in conclusion, play GO Bank, it's fun

e: the only thing which could make GO Bank better is a random chance to get a CS:GO crate drop instead of a Payday safe. Imagine the steam community tears ... :allears:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Play all the maps loud.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Except Alesso. Play Alesso stealth, use PocoHud jukebox to play Flames of Love during the pyrotechnics.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Alesso DW is fantastic loud, that is also incorrect

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
alesso is just a great heist

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I like Black Yellow Mobius and GO Bank, personally.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Psion posted:

Alesso DW is fantastic loud, that is also incorrect

poo poo is being lost in this thread

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Psion posted:

the choice to not play GO Bank is about as good of a choice as installing your poo poo-rear end HUD of choice

No need to be so visceral :ironicat:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
What's wrong with Black Yellow Moe?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
hey

thread

open your mouths

i need to pee

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Coolguye posted:

hey

thread

open your mouths

i need to pee

:o:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Crabtree posted:

Probably the same thing wrong with Razormind. It draws people with bad taste out since they'll say it's not good.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
My tactic for stealth is to not stealth and set cops on fire. Also, where the gently caress is the sound mod that adds the sounds of cultists from Blood screaming in burning agony?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

My verdict on solo "tabula rasa" GO Bank stealth is that it's too dependent on stuff outside your control. Probably manageable if you get a nice set of circumstances, but otherwise, you're hosed. I got a 4-minute timelock. GenSec called 40 seconds into the countdown. Guards showed up alongside something like 5 of 6 civilians, who upon spotting all the bodies, started freaking out. They called the police while I was stuck in pager hell. If GenSec were to either not show up, or showed up without civilians milling around, you'd probably have a good shot. Otherwise, you're probably screwed.

Alternatively, be really good at managing where to drop people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Crabtree posted:

It isn't Infinite Ammo