Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

alf_pogs posted:

this thread is still good

star citizen, still king in 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Danknificent posted:

We're slowing down. Someone at CIG needs to kick a puppy or be revealed as a war criminal or something to get us going again.
The speed was as much liability as asset-- so hard to stay on top of, so much crap to wade through to get to good stuff.

Half the action is on Discord now. But the thread will be the place to be when big crap happens. And big crap will happen-- there is much dramedy awaiting us on yon horizon. Much.

I'm glad of it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Risc1911 posted:

Teaching an old horse new tricks...

http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-extinction-level-event/#post-3307

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Truga posted:

As Derek's mother, I can't understand why you awful people keep
pestering him. He's such a good boy. He goes to church every Sunday,
and mows my lawn regularly. Derek Smart is a fine and well-educated
young man, and you vultures should take example from him instead of
insulting and abusing him.

Virginia Smart, M.D.

Thanks ma!

ps: stop drunk posting please. and please don't leave food stains on my iPad. thanks

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

D_Smart posted:

Thanks ma!

ps: stop drunk posting please. and please don't leave food stains on my iPad. thanks

That wasn't food.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The thread is great for general fun poking, discussion and G0RF effort posts but some of the really scoopy stuff has to stay on Discord because the fuckers read this thread religiously. Stuff gets posted here and is gone in under half an hour.

IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT.

TWO WEEKS.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TTerrible posted:

The thread is great for general fun poking, discussion and G0RF effort posts but some of the really scoopy stuff has to stay on Discord because the fuckers read this thread religiously. Stuff gets posted here and is gone in under half an hour.

IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT.

TWO WEEKS.

When is your next blog?

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

TTerrible posted:

IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT.

TWO WEEKS.

If I figure out this Discord thing, will the ELE be revealed to me?

P.S. I'm not Sandi.

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 12, 2016

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002
Once you get your decoder wheel and red cellophane lens glasses in the mail you will be glad of it

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I once told myself things would get better in two weeks. Then I watched the doom single player stuff.

All is wrong with games these days.

Star citizen is worse than bad. Doom is bad. Overwatch is OK but still bad. And counter strike is still bad.

This is a dark time for games. LoD might be the only light in the darkness.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

TTerrible posted:

IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT.

TWO WEEKS.

Case in point.

The trailer for Sandi's new movie that AP posted a link to yesterday was made private on YouTube already. It's a TRAILER for a MOVIE. A MOVIE Sandi CHOSE to star in after the Escapist article raised them specter that she was pursuing her acting ambitions while pretending to be at the office. It's not the only movie she's shot since then. The trailer vanishes because we found it and started talking about it. So did Donutgate. And many, many other things over the last half year.

No more.

Since we know CIG monitors the thread for intel, and we know they are actively engaged in deleting damning evidence when we cite it here, this new era marks a major improvement. Sorry if it's seems boring here for stretches but between here and discord, things are more interesting than it might appear. The thread is slow at the moment (here, Reddit, RSI, MMORPG, frontier forums, and elsewhere) - but we all know that when big Star Citizen news breaks, this will be the place to follow it. Discord too. And neither will disappoint. You gotta believe!

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I'm glad of it

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I think it is something we can all be glad of

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I mean just generally if there's one thing to be glad of it's it

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

G0RF posted:

Case in point.

The trailer for Sandi's new movie that AP posted a link to yesterday was made private on YouTube already.
lol

sandi it must suck to be such a blatant attention whore but at the same time be so afraid of being made fun of by a bunch of randos on the internet

you think that's not going to get worse if you become famous?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

The trailer for Sandi's new movie that AP posted a link to yesterday was made private on YouTube already.

Yes, that is a winning strategy to do well in Hollywood, remove the marketing presence for your films

Also a great way to make the cast and crew want to work with you again

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Ash1138 posted:

lol

sandi it must suck to be such a blatant attention whore but at the same time be so afraid of being made fun of by a bunch of randos on the internet

you think that's not going to get worse if you become famous?

You're right- it's so absurd. She may assume that somehow she can keep those two worlds from colliding with one another. And maybe 15 years ago, that would've been possible. It is no longer. The limits of her omnipotence end outside the replica Constellation space door of their workplace...

Tortolia posted:

Yes, that is a winning strategy to do well in Hollywood, remove the marketing presence for your films

Also a great way to make the cast and crew want to work with you again
Yeah -- one wonders how that went down.

SANDI:"You have to hide that trailer-- now!"

DIRECTOR: "The trailer? For the movie? That we all made together? Because we want to get distributors? And get famous? So we can be in bigger movies and get paid more and get more famous?"

SANDI: "YES dammit that one!! Hide it- NOW!"

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Now I'm really sad I missed the trailer and nobody mirrored it

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF posted:

SANDI:"You have to hide that trailer-- now!"

DIRECTOR: "The trailer? For the movie? That we all made together? Because we want to get distributors? And get famous? So we can be in bigger movies and get paid more and get more famous?"

SANDI: "YES dammit that one!! Hide it- NOW!"

I don't understand why they would hide the trailer for someone with a bit role.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Sandi can't hide anything. Least of all her lovely acting skills. One day a new term for bad acting will crop up and it will be Sandi.

"You totally Sandi'd that take. We need to do another one."

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

The speed was as much liability as asset-- so hard to stay on top of, so much crap to wade through to get to good stuff.

Half the action is on Discord now. But the thread will be the place to be when big crap happens. And big crap will happen-- there is much dramedy awaiting us on yon horizon. Much.

I'm glad of it.

The decline in shitposting is rather concerning.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

no_recall posted:

The decline in shitposting is rather concerning.

im glad of it myself

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Mirificus posted:

I don't understand why they would hide the trailer for someone with a bit role.

Backer money probably funded it in some way.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

G0RF posted:

Case in point.

The trailer for Sandi's new movie that AP posted a link to yesterday was made private on YouTube already. It's a TRAILER for a MOVIE. A MOVIE Sandi CHOSE to star in after the Escapist article raised them specter that she was pursuing her acting ambitions while pretending to be at the office. It's not the only movie she's shot since then. The trailer vanishes because we found it and started talking about it. So did Donutgate. And many, many other things over the last half year.

No more.

Since we know CIG monitors the thread for intel, and we know they are actively engaged in deleting damning evidence when we cite it here, this new era marks a major improvement. Sorry if it's seems boring here for stretches but between here and discord, things are more interesting than it might appear. The thread is slow at the moment (here, Reddit, RSI, MMORPG, frontier forums, and elsewhere) - but we all know that when big Star Citizen news breaks, this will be the place to follow it. Discord too. And neither will disappoint. You gotta believe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-q5_UezjXo

e: hosed with my post

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

flyboi posted:

Now I'm really sad I missed the trailer and nobody mirrored it

I saved the trailer.

Not sure where to put it where it won't cause me grief etc.

Maldoror fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 12, 2016

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Dailymotion, liveleak, something like that.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He's the first character you interact with in Squadron 42.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qexLUpQJPw8

Many of you old timers may remember Old Man Murray's Start to Crate review system, which basically judged a game on how quickly you saw a crate. Back in 2000 crates were everywhere and the assumption was that seeing a crate basically represented the moment at which the designer had run out of ideas. The lower the STC the more derivative and lovely the game was.

How appropriate that Squadron 42 has a STC of 0.

TBF, Half Life 2 broke the Old Man Murray STC review system by being a good and original game where the first thing you interacted with was a crate. Valve developers even admitted they were throwing themselves at the mercy of the court of Old Man Murray when they did that.

Sunswipe posted:

I'm not really looking forward to a game that recreates the experience of huddling in a trench before charging across no-man's land and being cut to pieces by machinegun fire. What is wrong with people that they want to play that rather than fly a starfighter and pew pew some people in loving space?

Because Battlefield 1 isn't just going to be about trench warfare, since WW1 had more than just that. While the infantry charges are what people think of most because of the massive loss of life, there was also small unit tactical stuff like night actions, scouting parties into no man's land, and storm trooper raids which would eventually form the core of modern infantry tactics. There is also emphasis being placed on the Arabian end of the war, with the player being a (female) Bedouin rebel fighting against the Ottoman Empire.

MeLKoR posted:

This. While I'm sure it will be little more than WWI themed and it will be mostly normal gameplay that space shootyman really got me pumped and I generally dislike sci-fi out of books. It looked like Star Citizen would look if CR had any good taste at all.

The thing about COD: Infinite Warfare is that the franchise is now so far departed from it's previous iterations' "realism" that it's a "why bother". The original COD was one of the games that kicked off the WW2 shooter genre in the 2000s. At least with the later installments of the Black Ops series and even Advanced Warfare (which is essentially Elysium: The Video Game), the future world they presented were still grounded enough that it still had a shred of plausibility. With COD:IW, the game's campaign sounds like a ripoff of Killzone, so why don't I just play that? Or just play Halo or Titanfall, if I've only got a X-Box?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
download it while you can before sandi gets it removed

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x49zb9e_the-eighth-house-trailer_shortfilms

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
People play COD for the fidelity of their campaigns to socio-political reality? :psyduck:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

People play COD for the fidelity of their campaigns to socio-political reality? :psyduck:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

I have nothing to add, it's just if I don't post one every few days I feel funny.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Solar Plebeian's Seal Citizen module: animation test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dahBm_nsQA

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this movie sure looks like it has a whole lot of ACTING

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Toops posted:

Solar Plebeian's Seal Citizen module: animation test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dahBm_nsQA

welp we've found a way to make this game a legitimate tearjerker

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

How Will Star Citizen Overcome VR Hurdles?

legion989
Jan 18, 2013

alf_pogs posted:

this movie sure looks like it has a whole lot of ACTING

Is this a real movie trailer? Jesus Christ it looks like a bad parody.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

One afternoon a fox was walking through the forest and spotted a bunch of grapes hanging from over a lofty branch.

"Just the thing to quench my thirst," quoth he.

Taking a few steps back, the fox jumped and just missed the hanging grapes. Again the fox took a few paces back and tried to reach them but still failed.

Finally, giving up, the fox turned up his nose and said, "They're probably sour anyway," and proceeded to walk away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

I never thought I'd see such a striking example of "sour grapes" in my actual life. Holy poo poo.

• Locked thread