Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...
so we're agreed that something can be lovely and wrong and hilarious at the same time

if it's not happening to us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Raithe posted:

:haw: has someone done that? That's scary if you ask me.

Yep. Reddit mods removed it, to their credit.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Raithe posted:

so we're agreed that something can be lovely and wrong and hilarious at the same time

if it's not happening to us

Shut up you whiny bitch

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Raithe posted:

:haw: has someone done that? That's scary if you ask me.

I don't think the remedial pictures were doxing. Even the comments were tame. I think people are responsible for whatever they put out there, but there are some crazy mother fuckers playing eve and a lot of people that put themselves in the line of fire by being spacefamous.

They've done it multiple times, they also swatted Mittani several times as well, but swatting seems to be an unfortunate fact of life for people who exist on the internet.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

They've done it multiple times, they also swatted Mittani several times as well, but swatting seems to be an unfortunate fact of life for people who exist on the internet.

Happened to filthy gon. Justified and measured response.

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...

Syndic Thrass posted:

Shut up you whiny bitch

:tipshat:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Kimsemus thing is funny because he was told by Mittani when he was offered to join GoonWaffe that he wouldn't be begrudged to not leak NC. stuff since Kimsemus didn't want to do that/be involved with that sort of stuff. Then he gets kicked by Sion for, allegedly, not leaking NC. stuff and not for the ArcheAge thing (supposedly), Added to that is him getting labeled not only a "GoonFucker" but accused of doxxing by DBRB, who we showed earlier just makes up poo poo to take any criticism off him.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I had beers with him. Real cool dude. I've been trying to make enough of a bitch fest about it to get a legit answer but to no avail

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

It would be more useful if you actually linked the post so someone could maybe you know, download the things?

The post was linked earlier in this very thread a couple of pages back.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he's talking to me there dude, and afaik he's linked poo poo in jabber not on reddit

well that settles that then. :v:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Syndic Thrass posted:

I had beers with him. Real cool dude. I've been trying to make enough of a bitch fest about it to get a legit answer but to no avail

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/194862-why-was-that-pretentious-retard-nc-diplo-guy-kicked/ hello I covered this when it happened son

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

The post was linked earlier in this very thread a couple of pages back.

well that settles that then. :v:

you're the worst j4g.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I might be 12 but I'm not your son butthole

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

cravius posted:

you're the worst j4g.

Not a j4g. You don't know me so don't presume to. I'll accept bad poster. I'll accept being told to shut the gently caress up. Don't call me a j4g.

That's my cue. See you gsf dudes later back to lurking.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

Not a j4g. You don't know me so don't presume to. I'll accept bad poster. I'll accept being told to shut the gently caress up. Don't call me a j4g.

Shut the gently caress up

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I'm a j4g most people said but I never 4ged because amok supremacy so now I just found good forums to read when I'm making GBS threads and to post in when I'm drunk

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

To be fair digi, boat, midge moyb and sion make a huge stupid tornado when their powers combine. I don't think I'd want to come back even if the ban was removed, due to the massive nexus of idiocy in place with that.

Was midge around or did they find a different home before Blackops defended their antics as "were like Vietnam vets in space"? Cause that poo poo was pretty rich.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
midge is gone with bat, and digi said he quit so then there were 2 :v:

Rob Haldorson
Aug 16, 2014

Dalael posted:

Racism is dumb. Ironic racism is just as dumb. Getting mad at people on the internet because they say racist poo poo is also dumb because you can just not read their post and/or ignore them. Trying to make a big deal out of it on somethingawful dot cum is also dumb.

Don't be dumb.

Which episode of colbert was that? I want to know what the hell was said after that kiss.

You might've found this by now, but just in case you haven't: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_kGkGUAKRw

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

nice meltdown

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Nice loving post man

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
maybe people would be less creepy and underhanded if RL assets were on the line? people will only do so much when it's just for a game (unless they're russian), but as soon as 6-figure sums of cold, hard USD are on the table people probably start acting weirdly

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
The meltdown thing is still super funny keep it up

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

maybe people would be less creepy and underhanded if RL assets were on the line? people will only do so much when it's just for a game (unless they're russian), but as soon as 6-figure sums of cold, hard USD are on the table people probably start acting weirdly

The gently caress are you even implying ordo grrrrrr

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

Lol ordo garr implying that real life crime syndicates wouldn't get wrapped up in this poo poo and make it even more lethal creepy and underhanded
:allbuttons:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Whoa now - don't go givin' yourself too much credit there, young buck. I'm sure we could roll around for a few rounds of some sort of ridiculous shitpost MMA thing but I'm not trying to make this thread worse by my presense, as opposed to my typical modus operandi.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

Whoa now - don't go givin' yourself too much credit there, young buck. I'm sure we could roll around for a few rounds of some sort of ridiculous shitpost MMA thing but I'm not trying to make this thread worse by my presense, as opposed to my typical modus operandi.

Shut the gently caress up

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Hey you said you'd accept it I'm just being edgy mane

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Syndic Thrass posted:

Hey you said you'd accept it I'm just being edgy mane

It's almost as if I were used to it or something. ;)

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Syndic Thrass posted:

The gently caress are you even implying ordo grrrrrr

maybe if mittani, sion, and co weren't all partaking in actual USD from promotion deals with daybreak games they wouldn't be so eager to do whatever to protect their source of income?

without a way to funnel thousands of players into a poo poo zombie game there's no way daybreak would give them so much money

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

It's almost as if I were used to it or something. ;)

Same :smith:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Landsknecht posted:

so much money

lol

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

maybe if mittani, sion, and co weren't all partaking in actual USD from promotion deals with daybreak games they wouldn't be so eager to do whatever to protect their source of income?

without a way to funnel thousands of players into a poo poo zombie game there's no way daybreak would give them so much money

H2z1 was like years ago at this point or something and a poo poo game. Do you have another example of this after that? Also see how the first one was convoluted bullshit and the second one explained what you actually meant? Let's skip to step 3 in the future pls

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syndic Thrass posted:

H2z1 was like years ago at this point or something and a poo poo game. Do you have another example of this after that? Also see how the first one was convoluted bullshit and the second one explained what you actually meant? Let's skip to step 3 in the future pls

It was just over a year ago. There's also the Planestide 2 thing that's going on now. At the best, given my own experiences with this stuff, it wasn't a substantial amount of money. Notable names get somewhere around 2-4k per promotional deal on the high end, and TMC is not anywhere close to a notable name to warrant that much money. Maybe Smedley set the deals up before he got fired from Daybreak but even then that's a really dumb price point for TMC even for the guy who said SOE's next game (H1Z1) would make the Star Wars Galaxies fans happy.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 12, 2016

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Blazing Zero posted:

ive already been lumped into the concern troll labeled box for deadtear so rational thoughts like that are gone when it comes to our interactions

As it ever occurred to you that you shouldn't be arguing with deadtear?
I mean its funny that you do, but maybe you shouldn't?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
What planetside 2 thing? Never heard of it.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

nex posted:

What planetside 2 thing? Never heard of it.

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/forum/217-planetside-2/

e: nice

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some of the info I know is behind TMC's comically poorly written NDA they have their staff sign now.

However: https://www.themittani.com/planetside2-mittani-pack

LMAO someone really got mad at you pointing out lovely behavior.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Lol you signed a irl deal with space MaoStalHitler. Highly unfortunate

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Nice title bro. I'm p disappointed I haven't made anyone mad enough to get my own yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Some of the info I know is behind TMC's comically poorly written NDA they have their staff sign now.

However:

https://www.themittani.com/planetside2-mittani-pack

Exclusive cosmetic items in-game etc. implies heavily that there's a deal between TMC & Daybreak.

"Pro Gamer" Twitch streamers plug dumb bullshit sponsor crap on their streams I don't see how this is any different? Why are you so pissed about some poo poo that eve goons don't give a gently caress about and or ignore? Especially seeing as planetside 2 is free to play.

• Locked thread